• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, i QUOTE you.
Next-Gen Kids are ********...
So much potential in their hands... used to chat all the day in MSN,writing things like "c4n u he4r meh??? yah nab!" And stupid things like this...
Look at me.I'm 13, i've got the HBC, i'm italian but i'm really interested to the english language,so i LOVE to speak in English (and i hate my language)
I can hack things, Hex things, Map things...
The result is that my friends thinks that i'm only a lazy mad boy that is chatting at the computer all the day.
Well, i'm happy about my life, because i know that i'm not stupid as they are
True that man cept the hex and map stuff , im learning ^^

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's not Mai herself, it's the robot that she pilots (I haven't played the game yet, but if she does appear in the game, I haven't found her model), but... I'll send them to you in a few minutes.
I hate to trouble you about it but can you also get Silver animations from the winter olympic games when you get the chance...It would make my project run along a lot smoother. Sorry for the trouble.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I have one question, and I know I may sound like a noob, cause I don't have any hack experience, but:

Brawl has melee stages and melee has well those stages as well

brawl has mdl0 data files and melee has different ones

what if you compare both files and look for the differences, so you can make some kind of converter yourself?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I hate to trouble you about it but can you also get Silver animations from the winter olympic games when you get the chance...It would make my project run along a lot smoother. Sorry for the trouble.
Well, I said I would. I'll get Silver's animations, too, and I'll even correct them all for you.

I have one question, and I know I may sound like a noob, cause I don't have any hack experience, but:

Brawl has melee stages and melee has well those stages as well

brawl has mdl0 data files and melee has different ones

what if you compare both files and look for the differences, so you can make some kind of converter yourself?
Sounds plausable. However, the polygon data will most likely be different. I know Nintendo rebuilt Kirby differently, because his polygon data from Brawl didn't match up with his polygon data from Melee, and they're (pretty much) the same model.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Could someone get me Lloyd's model and/or animations from ToS: Dawn of the New World?

Camonsters

Smash Apprentice
Flygon has some basic animations done like wait, run/fly and walk. Anyone else want to join the flygon group?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Well, I said I would. I'll get Silver's animations, too, and I'll even correct them all for you.

Sounds plausable. However, the polygon data will most likely be different. I know Nintendo rebuilt Kirby differently, because his polygon data from Brawl didn't match up with his polygon data from Melee, and they're (pretty much) the same model.
Heh, now I feel really bad about asking you, since you're constantly doing awesome stuff for everyone... I don't mean to hassle or pressure you, but how is resizing that properly-materialed Zero coming along? I kind of need Zero to have a definite size before I start making his PSA, so I'm very interested in the result.

Don't feel like I've been waiting all this time though -- I've had plenty of tests and work to focus on. And don't feel rushed, because there's going to plenty of tests and work I ought to focus on instead of making Zero <.<

Thanks!

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
So has anyone tested Ninetails on Olimar, just to be sure? If Ninetails is going to work on any non-alloy, it would be on Olimar.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Could someone get me Lloyd's model and/or animations from ToS: Dawn of the New World?
ToS: Dawn of the New World models seem a bit problematic right now. I'll send it to you when I figure out how to fix the bone structure, and if it works in-game.

Heh, now I feel really bad about asking you, since you're constantly doing awesome stuff for everyone... I don't mean to hassle or pressure you, but how is resizing that properly-materialed Zero coming along? I kind of need Zero to have a definite size before I start making his PSA, so I'm very interested in the result.

Don't feel like I've been waiting all this time though -- I've had plenty of tests and work to focus on. And don't feel rushed, because there's going to plenty of tests and work I ought to focus on instead of making Zero <.<

Thanks!
I'm working on it, but it's kinda not agreeing with the changes. I tried scaling up the helmet and legs (through vertex editing) by 12x, to match Link's size (I already moved the bones to their new locations). While his helmet scaled properly, his legs are giving me a lot of trouble...

I'll keep trying, though. I'm not going to just give up on it.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
It would be absolutely amazing to give probably one of the most unique PSA hacks the (I believe) first full model hack. Mix that in with a hopeful release for an SD loader method for Sound Effect hacking and I'll shed tears of joy. Either way, patience and luck be with you.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
I'm working on it, but it's kinda not agreeing with the changes. I tried scaling up the helmet and legs (through vertex editing) by 12x, to match Link's size (I already moved the bones to their new locations). While his helmet scaled properly, his legs are giving me a lot of trouble...

I'll keep trying, though. I'm not going to just give up on it.
Ahh, bummer... I didn't realize it was a glitchy process to scale a character. Thank you very much for all the work you've put into it. Do you think you could send me the unscaled version of the fixed-materials model, though? I want to see if I can do anything with it, but I'd rather not spend my time fiddling with an obselete Zero model (dark, removed tuya, etc).

I was also wondering if fortwaffles had any insight on the matter, so I'd like a decent version to send 'im to fiddle with, so he doesn't have to repeat the process if he gets it working.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
I'll ask again, because my post got ***** by other posts:

Could someone send me the Samus mask from AC:CF? I'm going to try and make Toon Samus

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
Flygon has some basic animations done like wait, run/fly and walk. Anyone else want to join the flygon group?
I would love to contribute to this, but i wouldn't be able to do much (working on 2 other things), would it be possible for me to just handle the Re-colors if no one else is already doing them?

EDIT: Is anyone working on Saki (from TvC) yet?

KingDryBones

Smash Cadet
hi guys! i'm still a bit new to model hacking but a few friends are helping me (BigSharkZ is one of them).
also if anyone didn't check yet, i'll check if final fantasy fables: chocobo's dungeon has extractable models...
i want to make Raffaello (the destroyer form) playable in brawl (maybe replace Pit with him...).

Wacka Alpaca

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I FINALLY finished Frank west!

Now heres a question, how do i rig the model so it has functioning bones? right now when i run it with another characters motionetc.pac, nothing happens.
And can someone please explain this paragraph? (Including WHAT everything is/does)

(And, as an added bonus for doing all of that, you should be able to use the new MDL0 with Pharrox's AiS [mirrored here, because PatriotMods is acting up] to get a fully-rigged model exported to a DAE... if it doesn't have TriangleFans [0xA0], that is.)[/qoute]

Thanks!

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
@ Wacka Alpaca

They already do have functioning bones, it's just that they're named differently than Brawl's bone structures (which is why just using the FitMotionEtc won't work).

And as for that paragraph you quoted... Pharrox made a program called "AiS", which can export models from the MDL0 format to DAE, which a lot of 3D modelling programs can support (and the exported models retain all of the rigging and everything). However, I cannot guarantee that all models will work with AiS. For example, while props from Tatsunoko vs. Capcom (Roll's broom, Viewtiful Joe's Shocking Pink bomb, etc.) seem to export, character models won't because they have TriangleFans, which AiS doesn't support. =/

Ahh, bummer... I didn't realize it was a glitchy process to scale a character. Thank you very much for all the work you've put into it. Do you think you could send me the unscaled version of the fixed-materials model, though? I want to see if I can do anything with it, but I'd rather not spend my time fiddling with an obselete Zero model (dark, removed tuya, etc).

I was also wondering if fortwaffles had any insight on the matter, so I'd like a decent version to send 'im to fiddle with, so he doesn't have to repeat the process if he gets it working.
I'll send you the unscaled, material-fixed Zero (and the three alternate colors, too) in a few minutes. I've just got to add the alternate face/eye textures to them (because they could possibly be used).

shock44

Smash Journeyman
In his post on ESH he said that it was on his mediafire.
How would I get to someone else's mediafire account? I tried going to mediafire and I can't find a way to look for someone's account. I think you have to be linked to their mediafire in order to get there. Can I have a link?

Suren

Smash Journeyman
Oh sorry. I completely forgot that I already asked you... Come to think of it I did send a pm about it. Sorry for bugging you about it twice.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
update on Goku, me and mastaklo managed to get some animations hexed so I have a beta wait animation for him (beta because i had to edit an animation from his game which isn't the exact wait animation, so it might change later)
here's a pic:
just a quick notice
y is his head so much brighter then the rest of his body?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Actually, could someone just PM me Lloyd's model? I'll try to work on that by myself then.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Lloyd over marth would be love. If you can't get him over Marth, I'll love you anyway.
Actually, my primary choice was Pit partly because my friends and I hardly use him and there's a texture already. I could still see the Marth usage though; also, Marth already has Roy and I want to avoid characters that already have a particularly unique or popular PSA. If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just modify the animations in BrawlBox and look around on animation swapping for other parts. Still, I'd really at least like to try with Lloyd before starting my PSA although I'm worried that I will have to wait quite some time.

If someone doesn't have it, I'm searching through 18 individual downloads of the ToS:DotA .iso o_o;

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Actually, my primary choice was Pit partly because my friends and I hardly use him and there's a texture already. I could still see the Marth usage though. If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just modify the animations in BrawlBox and look around on animation swapping for other parts. Still, I'd really at least like to try with Lloyd before starting my PSA although I'm worried that I will have to wait quite some time.

If someone doesn't have it, I'm searching through 18 individual downloads of the ToS:DotA .iso o_o;
Ah well, pit would be fine too. I don't like Pit very much, so yeah, makes sense :).

ds22

Smash Lord
Actually, my primary choice was Pit partly because my friends and I hardly use him and there's a texture already. I could still see the Marth usage though. If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just modify the animations in BrawlBox and look around on animation swapping for other parts. Still, I'd really at least like to try with Lloyd before starting my PSA although I'm worried that I will have to wait quite some time.

PM'd you the Lloyd model.
Good luck fixing it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Mod powers glitch >_&lt; that and I read Guy's post wrong. fffffffff

As JV and I noted, this thread is to only get MDL0's working in Brawl and discussion/help of it; the only files you can post or request in Customized Content are the ones that are meant for Brawl (PSA files, texture files, or FitMotionEtc files).

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Actually, my primary choice was Pit partly because my friends and I hardly use him and there's a texture already. I could still see the Marth usage though; also, Marth already has Roy and I want to avoid characters that already have a particularly unique or popular PSA. If worse comes to worse, I'll probably just modify the animations in BrawlBox and look around on animation swapping for other parts. Still, I'd really at least like to try with Lloyd before starting my PSA although I'm worried that I will have to wait quite some time.

Darn and i was gonna do DJ(My PSA Hack) over marth i totally forgot about Roy dang this messes it up alot

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
Darn and i was gonna do DJ(My PSA Hack) over marth i totally forgot about Roy dang this messes it up alot
hey i don't really understand y roy completely replaces marth and y u can't have marth AND roy just in different costumes like all our PSA's?
can someone explain that?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
You can have different costumes, but you can't have more than one moveset. The moveset and its animations are represented by FitXX.pac and FitXXmotionetc.pac (or maybe without .pac) while individual costumes are represented by FitXX##.pac/pcs for those number of costumes.

Top Bottom