• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

JoeGrandma

Smash Journeyman
I think if everything comes in a .brres, then you don't need to hex textures. Otherwise, you might need to, but I'm not sure because I'm using a model from a .brres. My animations don't work, though. Is there any special things you need to do to the animations before they work in Brawlbox, like what you need to do with the models?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I think if everything comes in a .brres, then you don't need to hex textures. Otherwise, you might need to, but I'm not sure because I'm using a model from a .brres. My animations don't work, though. Is there any special things you need to do to the animations before they work in Brawlbox, like what you need to do with the models?
If they don't have names you have to open the brres in BB and give them all names. On the right when you click on an animation, if there are ridiculous numbers in the unknown slots, you have to replace them with a 1 or a 0.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this yet, but has anyone checked virtual console games such as Super Mario 64? It would be sweet having the star shaped stage where you fight final Bowser. Just saying this in hopes that perhaps some Virtual Console or WiiWare games have MDL0 files. Someone should check Dr. Mario Online Rx too...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm not sure if anyone has thought of this yet, but has anyone checked virtual console games such as Super Mario 64? It would be sweet having the star shaped stage where you fight final Bowser. Just saying this in hopes that perhaps some Virtual Console or WiiWare games have MDL0 files. Someone should check Dr. Mario Online Rx too...
They're N64 games running in an emulator you goose :p And even if they weren't, my point about GC and PS2 ports still applies. Why convert the models for no reason?

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
how would we check consol games? arent they like...in cartrages? and besides, roms (besides being illegal) use custom formats? psh who am i kidding i dont know what im talking about

1. wario ware unfortunatly has no more cool models to offer besides the windtemple. but i want to try the reflexive tommorrow and put a brawl model into wario ware. lets do this

2. any1 with naruto shippuden ex3, can i get the hidden leaf village stage .bres? i have the iso and the disk. where do i look? send me the file. its easier. it deserves its own stage.

3. can someone hex kakashi for me?

4. giving up search on path of radience, starting search on radiant dawn.

5. is there a model of adult goku????? i needz.

6. is there a model of the tenkechi budikai (WOW MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE!) arena? needs to be a stage.

7.is stryder hyru in TvC? i needz model.

8. does pokepark wii have any cool stage models to use? im trying to expand our horizons stage wise.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
3. can someone hex kakashi for me?

5. is there a model of adult goku????? i needz.

6. is there a model of the tenkechi budikai (WOW MY SPELLING IS HORRIBLE!) arena? needs to be a stage.

8. does pokepark wii have any cool stage models to use? im trying to expand our horizons stage wise.
3. I can, if you want me to.

5. Nope. The DragonBall Z games don't have MDL0s, so only the original DragonBall models can be used.

6. Like this?

If so, I wanna work on it. :)

8. I think stage models for PokéPark are compressed, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check again.

Zeruel21

Smash Journeyman
Do want that stage. I'm just concerned about walkoffs.
Zoom in and make a little ways outside the ring blast lines. It'll look odd to die for touching the ground, but those are the rules...As long as there's some room to work outside the ring in midair walkoffs shouldn't be a problem.

Boo Mansion

Smash Apprentice
They're N64 games running in an emulator you goose :p And even if they weren't, my point about GC and PS2 ports still applies. Why convert the models for no reason?
Yeah that's what I thought, but it was worth bringing up I suppose. In case there was the slight chance they had to do a bit of reformatting. But, what about WiiWare games?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah that's what I thought, but it was worth bringing up I suppose. In case there was the slight chance they had to do a bit of reformatting. But, what about WiiWare games?
It's possible, but can we even extract files from WiiWare games yet?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
3. I can, if you want me to.

5. Nope. The DragonBall Z games don't have MDL0s, so only the original DragonBall models can be used.

6. Like this?

If so, I wanna work on it. :)

8. I think stage models for PokéPark are compressed, but I could be wrong. I'll have to check again.
I'd like to see this be made. It would be epic.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Here is a video I just made to show our recent progress with Klonoa and a problem we have ran into that hopefully will be solved soon.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xc9exq_brawl-hacking-problem-with-klonoa Link is correct now
I had that same transN bone problem with Ichigo. I checked the original character's transN bone and looked on then right to see the bone index. Then I just changed the bone index of a bone that moves the model to the same bone index of the transN bone and renamed it. It worked after that.

alexjol

Smash Apprentice
NNID
alexjol
3DS FC
2836-0788-1479
I've checked pokemon rumble wad and didn't have MDL0s, nor BRRES. Tough luck to all who wanted Dr. Mario (is he's model even in the WiiWare game? Or is he 2D?)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Camonsters have made some animations for Flygon, and they look really awesome, especially ingame.

He also has an gust like animation. They are all animations from his game.

We are still looking for some people that want to join. Maybe someone that knows how to add specials to alloys. Whatever you're good at you can always PM me and i will see if you can get a spot in this project.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
it's been done. we just resize the model to the correct size through vertex editing
So you were talking about scaling all of the hurtboxes as a whole. I'm talking about actually modifying the shape and size of individual hurtboxes. Like, where is the hurtbox data located in an MDL0?

In the OP, referring to certain games: "The models are packed in ARC files and need to be exported with an external program."

Anybody want to just tell me what program I should use? I don't want to experiment.
More specifically this time, what program should I use to unpack the ARC files from New Super Mario Bros Wii?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I think scrolling stages is probably the only working animation as well as the rain and snow, but meh i dunno, i don't do stage hacks

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Wierd...Bowser Ship doesn't work on Final Destination, but it does work on Olimar O__O

Note that i haven't imported any texture yet,because this is only a test.

Top Bottom