• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fo Sho 2 Smash Tournament Wichita KS April 28th

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman

Fo Sho 2
Background

Back on November 11th, 2006 Fo Sho 1 had an attendance of 61 people. Approximately 55 people were from Wichita, and the other 7 were comprised of Out-of-Stater’s from Oklahoma. Oklahoma took home the crown, as they placed 1st & 2nd in both Singles and Doubles.

Now at Fo Sho 2, we hope to break attendance well into the 80’s, as more Out-of-Stater’s will be attending, and the competition much fiercer this time around. We will be expecting the best from KC/MO, NEB, and OK to show up to rep their states.

With many Out-of-staters’ showing up, we expect more along our borders to show up. I’d hope to see some of TX best show up and even more states around the mid-west. With MLG’s regrettable decision to drop Smash from their rosters, these tournaments are needed more than ever to help circulate the Melee scene.

General Info

When: April 28, 2007
Where: Best Western Airport Inn
6815 Kellogg Drive
Wichita, KS 67209
316-942-5600
Gaming will take place in the Regency I, II, & III rooms
Time: 11:00am – 12:00am

Admission

Entry Fee - $5
1v1 - $10
2v2 - $20 a team

Tournament Info

·4 stock 8 minute matches
·Items OFF
·Friendly Fire ON
·Life stealing allowed
·Double Elimination Brackets
·Normal matches are best 2 out of 3. Finals are best 3 out of 5.
·In the Final Matches, if the players have played each other before, then the score from the previous encounter carries over.

When first starting off, each player/team may choose to ban 1 stage before starting the match. The 1st stage will be selected at random unless the players agree on a stage. After the 1st match the loser gets to pick the next stage, then the winner may change their character if they wish, then the loser may change their character if they wish. Same goes for the next matches.

1v1 and 2v2 will use Round Robin brackets generated by location/crew. RR bracket results will then be used to seed for the actual Tournament Bracket.

Dave’s Stupid Rule is in effect

Meaning no stage may be used twice in a set. Be it random or chosen.

1v1 Random Stages

Final Destination
Battle Field
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium

1v1 Counter Pick Stages

Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Cornaria
DK 64
Mute City

Banned 1v1 Stages

The ones not listed above.
*A banned stage may be used if both players agree on it*

2v2 Random Stages
Final Destination
Battle Field
Dream Land
Yoshi Story
Pokemon Stadium

2v2 Counter Pick Stages

Rainbow Cruise
Poke Floats
Cornaria
DK 64

Banned 2v2 Stages

The ones not listed above.
*A banned stage may be used if both teams agree on it*

Prize Payouts

1st – 60%
2nd – 30%
3rd – 10%
* Prize payout is based on attendance*

Additional Information

You MUST bring your own controller

Please conduct yourself in the appropriate manner.
Vandalism or misconduct will result in forfeit of the tournament with no refund and/or possible legal action. (Though it shouldn’t happen)

This is a one day tournament so housing is not necessary unless Oos’er want a good nights sleep before heading back home the next day. If you need housing let me know.

At the same time of Fo Sho 2, our affiliates will be having tournaments of their own right next door! So fellow smashers, if you have friends who like to play games but not particularly smash, bring them along for competitive play in…

Halo 1 (for Xbox) hosted by Mbgaming
www.mbgaming.com for more details

Counter Strike/Fear (for PC) hosted by Wichita LAN
www.wichitalan.com for more details

Cash prizes will be available for both tournaments so come for some big gaming fun!

Sets Ups

Simply Rice - 2 Set Ups + 1 tv
Victor Destructo - 2 Set Ups + 1 tv
Ryuujin - 1 Set Up + 1 tv
Attack Storm - ??
Dark Cobra - ??
Metriod Prism - ??
Orange - ??
Light - ??

And any OOs'er that would like to help bring set ups would be greatly appreciated!!!

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Ill definitely be there even if I gotta take a bus! Ok, no I wont, but still, Ill really try and get there.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
sounds real good guys...hopefully i can get my samus to new heights before this.

Smash Cadet
My hands are numb right now. I don't know if I can hold off my carpal tunnel long enough to beast this tournament.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Do we have to pre-register with mbgaming?
You only have to pre-register with MB gaming if you're gonna play in the Halo 1 tournament, other wise for smash i just need a post here saying that you are coming so i can get a good number of whos going.

Also people (mostly fellow Wichitans) How many of you can bring set ups? Let me know!!!

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
If I come I will be able to bring a T.V. All I have know is the Wii, but idk if I will bring that. Put me down for at least a T.V.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Is anybody from MO going to this?
If so and you happen to be awesome enough to allow it, can I hitch a ride?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
So...where are all the money matches man? For real, you guys can take me, its not like Im god of OK...Thats KOSMOS, dont MM him.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
it be cool to see some colorado or MO at this and rasta i doo needs some PMs(poor man matches(aka friendlies)) against you....haha

Echo

Smash Champion
aight i know for sure i'm not gonna make it now, looks like i'm gonna be moving out finally and thats more important than smash right now, need to save some money. good luckz to everyone tho :)

VictorDestructo

Smash Cadet
Hey Rasta since no one here seems very willing, I'll MM another of your characters if you get bored? lol. Who can say no to a $1 MM?

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Haha, thats what Im talkin about Victor. ICs, Fox, and Jiggs, along with a lot of other characters. ICs, Jiggs, Fox, GaW, Ganon, Falco, and Roy are the characters I play, but I can play basically every character, just not as well as those mentioned above.

How about a best of 3 random double blind $1 mm?

EDIT: If KOSMOS can come (Im still trying to get him) there is no way he will decline a cheap MM like that. Wanna do a $5 mm, best of 3?

Is Darkrain coming to this, because thatd be awesome. Oh yah, we gotta go to Old Chicago for a victory dinner, I deem that a tradition!

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
I'll $2 money match kosmos
Dude you would get smashed hardcore by KosMos.

Haha, thats what Im talkin about Victor. ICs, Fox, and Jiggs, along with a lot of other characters. ICs, Jiggs, Fox, GaW, Ganon, Falco, and Roy are the characters I play, but I can play basically every character, just not as well as those mentioned above.

How about a best of 3 random double blind $1 mm?

EDIT: If KOSMOS can come (Im still trying to get him) there is no way he will decline a cheap MM like that. Wanna do a $5 mm, best of 3?

Is Darkrain coming to this, because thatd be awesome. Oh yah, we gotta go to Old Chicago for a victory dinner, I deem that a tradition!

Old Chicago?!?!?!?!?! I'm there like always. I think that I will come to this infact. Got to make the Wichita people great. :lick:

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Yah, well it seems KOSMOS might not be able to make this sadly, too much school work is getting in the way.

Hell yah Old Chicago, this time we need to bring more people, we need to get a few cameras too, last time we only had like one.

Simply Rice

Smash Journeyman
Yah, well it seems KOSMOS might not be able to make this sadly, too much school work is getting in the way.
The former Champ has to come...its about 2 1/2 weeks till the tourney, plenty of time to re-arrange the schedule.

Who all is coming from OK? Hopefully everyone from last time =D

We'll order for u at Old Chicago...i dunno wat kinda burgers u guys eat in OK...

macaroni pizza

Smash Journeyman
aight i know for sure i'm not gonna make it now, looks like i'm gonna be moving out finally and thats more important than smash right now, need to save some money. good luckz to everyone tho :)

this soundslike fun though.
ill put in like $40 or $50 for gas
:)

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
what kinda name is macaroni pizza??... but i must admit that macaroni and cheese pizza at cicis is tooo good. we all have school and work or some variation of that...but anyway if 2k is that brave im that brave tooo shoot....ill 3 dollar MM kosmos if he comes! and rice we all must go to old chicago after the tournament for it is tradition.

RastaImposta

Smash Lord
Man KOSMOS's peach is too good, he 3 stocks my ICs regularly. Good luck to all of you that dare to MM.

Is Darkrain gonna make it? I really really really really really wanna play him.

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
LOL I guess that you are "good" or something. Well It looks like I am going to make it. I did ask for the 28th off so I am 90% for off that day.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
That's because your name is not 2000.
I guess his new name gave him new power never before realized until now.

Simply rice have you advertised this tourny at every game store in wichita yet hehe?

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Ahhh I remember that is right. WTF, People are always changing their name. Thats why I say him using 2K on his new tag. LOL, that is too funny.

Top Bottom