• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey bomb

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
Newest update on smashbros.com gives us the new item the gooey bomb.
Acts just like the motion sensor bomb from melee only it can stick to opponents as well.
Even if u don't usually play with items on any thoughts so far??

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
This will probably be one of the funnest items, especially in 4 player free-for-alls

What I'm wondering, is how long after it's thrown/attaches to something does it detonate?

If it were a random number between a second and a minute, that would be awesome, you'd never know when it'd blow, so you'd be scrambling to get it stuck to someone else as fast as you can.

And if it's on the ground and someone touches it, does it blow immediately or is there time to get it stuck to someone else?

Stryker427

Smash Rookie
I think it's a great addition. Not sure whether it's a timed explosive, or attack sensitive, or what have you, but I see some fun possibilities.

Also, very glad that the site is staying true to it's 'daily update' claim.

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
Just saw this. Looks like they're throwing in items not from games, but their own imagination...personally, I prefer the items to come from videogames, I think it's cooler that way. However, I'm willing to have new items for the sake of fun and balance than not (then again, it's not like we'll be playing with items at tourneys anyways...).

Zodiac

Smash Master
I'll Qoute the site directly

"However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!"

Yea, its gonna be a freaking riot.

But its true, its not form any games, I think thers a few melee items that arnt from games.

Harliart

Smash Apprentice

LOL such a plasma grenade rip XD

OMG GET BACK HERE YOU ASSHAT! >:|

*SPLOSION!*

AWW BOOB.. -_-;

The shadows arent very professional in all of these pictures.. in the first and 3rd pics there arent any shadows whatsoever.. but in the second and last.. there is more than ample shadow, the shadow is also not dispersed evenly or blurred, theyre very hard. I dunno thought I'd point that flaw out.

btw, I reckon the whole sticky bomb idea is AWESOME, they couldnt have pulled an item with similar attributes from any other game, so its a brawl original item. This item is going to be fun as hell!. TAG UR DED LOL!!1

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
Why is Mario dazed like that? Is it because of sheild breaking or what? I think not because there is no red flashing thing that goes on in SSBM. However, SSBB might be different in terms of what people look like when their sheilds burst. Maybe Wario did something to Mario.

*Puts thinking cap on*

burrito

Smash Lord
Why is Mario dazed like that? Is it because of sheild breaking or what? I think not because there is no red flashing thing that goes on in SSBM. However, SSBB might be different interms of what people look like when their sheilds burst. Maybe Wario did something to Mario.

*Puts thinking cap on*
Maybe you get dazed for a second whenever the gooey bomb is stuck to you. So, you can't instantly transfer it to someone else.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Maybe you get dazed for a second whenever the gooey bomb is stuck to you. So, you can't instantly transfer it to someone else.
Good point. It would be a good balancer for that item or else it would be like tag with instant "tag backs," where two people would just keep constantly running into each other to put the gooey bomb on them. Remember playing tag a long time ago and the rules were no tag backs. :laugh: Also, the daze thing would keep faster characters like Fox just rubbing the thing off on another slower character aka victim.

Vote for Link having gooey bombs. (That would make him so God tier)

Edit: For the person who said plasma grenade rip off. There were sticky grenades that were really powerful in the sequel to GoldenEye (Agent Under Fire?) and proximity mines before that. Soooo........yeah.

Scyther3176

Smash Apprentice
Fox would be so good with the Gooey Bomb, stick them on and RightB away! I like the fact that Nintendo are sticking with the fun factor of SSBB and that they are still creating ingenious items. Looks good for Brawl.

Erk Aduro

Smash Apprentice
Why is Mario dazed like that? Is it because of sheild breaking or what? I think not because there is no red flashing thing that goes on in SSBM. However, SSBB might be different interms of what people look like when their sheilds burst. Maybe Wario did something to Mario.

*Puts thinking cap on*
Actually, I think they just made him look like that for the picture. So it'd be more interesting then him just standing there with the Gooey Bomb on his chest. :p

keko_keko

Smash Cadet
As for the mario being dazed i had a thought, maybe just previously wario did his fart move which temporarily stunned mario allowing wario to plant the bomb and get away.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
OMG, I just stuck j00!!!

Also, what happened to all the "items are for noobs" Bull that you guys usually post?

Looks fun as hell. Can't wait.

[edit] = LOVE the screens. I can't WAIT to play as Wario. Screw Metaknight and Pit.

[edit2]= SUPREME EDGEGUARDING. Stun, bomb, smash out. But maybe they'll be able to DI the explosion...

Adi

Smash Lord
Laser Pistols = Carbine
Beam Sword = Plasma Sword
Gooey Bomb = Plasma Grenade

The ultimate halo style battle!

Volrec

Smash Lord
Not really excited excited, but this will make items fun as ****, I swear. I like how Sakurai just mocked the **** out of halo. He's basically saying "We got Q4 2007 *****! Got nuthin' on us bungie! Halo 3 aint NOTHIN!"

Anyone notice the explosion graphics? Pretty cool.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
Explosives are good. Adhesive explosives are great. Looks like a great fun item for multiplayer. Hmm, I wonder if it's possible to get more then one of those attached to you at a time?

Yay for completely new Brawl Info!

Adi

Smash Lord
I'm also curious whether it out prioritizes attacks or shields. Oh well, we'll find out soon enough.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Laser Pistols = Carbine
Beam Sword = Plasma Sword
Gooey Bomb = Plasma Grenade

The ultimate halo style battle!
Motion sensor= trip mine
Bob-omb = regular grenade
Cloak = cloak
metal box = oversheild...??
Super Scope = ??????

Here's to hoping stamina is still in...LOL

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
hah yea its halo style, but how cares, this is better. i can see this now. you have a brawl match and you choose just to have the gooey bombs on the field and their drop rate at high. it can be catagorized as "raining hell"

NES n00b

Smash Master
I'd rather think of it as Agent Under Fire style sticky grenade where the thing was so uber bad *** that thing didn't even have to stick to you to kill you. You would die from being all whole block away. Seriously, that thing was way too overpowered (easy to suicide too). :chuckle:

nuro

Smash Lord
I knew they were going to make items more balanced. I just hope they do other stuff too. Like make all pokemon killable, hammer and star make you move slower, no crazy healing items and if they do they should float in the air like the heart does in ssb64 so you and ur opponent fight for the heart.

Vali

Smash Ace
Good point. It would be a good balancer for that item or else it would be like tag with instant "tag backs," where two people would just keep constantly running into each other to put the gooey bomb on them. Remember playing tag a long time ago and the rules were no tag backs. :laugh: Also, the daze thing would keep faster characters like Fox just rubbing the thing off on another slower character aka victim.
As someone said, probably just for the photo/dramatic effect. Doubt it'll actually stun.

Vote for Link having gooey bombs. (That would make him so God tier).
More like bottom tier. *Link pulls out gooey bomb*, *Link goes to throw gooey bomb*, *Link realises gooey bomb is stuck to his hand*, *Link -1*.

psyt

Smash Journeyman
finally, some genuine news from actual gameplay, however trivial, its nice, i was expecting pikachu and kirby profiles :p

err, not too original though, i mean, all they made was a hot potato, but looks fun none the less

gooey bomb will be the bain of all slow characters XD

NES n00b

Smash Master
I knew they were going to make items more balanced. I just hope they do other stuff too. Like make all pokemon killable, hammer and star make you move slower, no crazy healing items and if they do they should float in the air like the heart does in ssb64 so you and ur opponent fight for the heart.
I'd rather they focused on making the characters balanced. I know it is impossible for them to truly balance but still. At least the developers are trying to balance the game as evidence of this. Maybe even more details can show effort being made to balance the game.

Cojiro

Smash Journeyman
Question: Do you think this will be able to be caped/shined/otherwise reflected?

I'd assume yes, but it would be the ultimate to stick it to Fox's Shine.

"Bu...Bu...But my God Shield!!1!One"

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
As for the mario being dazed i had a thought, maybe just previously wario did his fart move which temporarily stunned mario allowing wario to plant the bomb and get away.

That may be it!

If you look at the trail Wario is leaving behing, there is smoke... Hmm, you might have a point there man!

NES n00b

Smash Master
As someone said, probably just for the photo/dramatic effect. Doubt it'll actually stun.

More like bottom tier. *Link pulls out gooey bomb*, *Link goes to throw gooey bomb*, *Link realises gooey bomb is stuck to his hand*, *Link -1*.
I was joking but whatever. Did anyone notice in the description that the bomb might not have a chance of sticking to another person. Maybe it was the translation or the weird wording, but I swear I saw some phrase that implied that if you are stickied you only have a chance at passing it on to another person or is just me?

If this is not the case, do not pick b00zer.

I

i8waffles612

thats looks like a great item.

it will be one of the best in the game!!!

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
I was joking but whatever. Did anyone notice in the description that the bomb might not have a chance of sticking to another person. Maybe it was the translation or the weird wording, but I swear I saw some phrase that implied that if you are stickied you only have a chance at passing it on to another person or is just me?

If this is not the case, do not pick b00zer.
this is probably the passage you refer to;

"However, it's possible to get a Gooey Bomb that's stuck to you to stick to someone else.
Touching someone as you pass by may very well cause it to migrate when you least expect it!"

you're right. it only implies there's a chance of the bomb attaching to some1 else.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
It's awesome. I love it. I can't wait to try it out now. I wonder, though, if you're standing underneath a Gooey Bomb when it spawns does it instantly asplode like a bob-omb, or does it stick to the top of your head?

NES n00b

Smash Master
this is probably the passage you refer to;

you're right. it only implies there's a chance of the bomb attaching to some1 else.
Yeah, that was it!! Why does Sakurai always have to be so vague? :dizzy:

Top Bottom