• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey bomb

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
OK, I promise I won't comment on this more than once. (At least not in this thread...)

The columns are all different, and the texture is mostly different, but yes, texture patterns tend to be, well, patterns. If you have a large enough space to wrap texture around, it's almost always going to repeat a little. This happens in every game. It is a non-issue. (Now if there were two groups of pillars that looked identical, well, that wouldn't be so hot, but then again, who is to say that the ruins weren't duplicated many times over anyway? I mean, most architecture is uniform, not random, so...)

Can't wait for the next Dojo update!

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
what im talking about is one column, within that column , the sequence of bricks repeats itself, with one brick looking exactly the same as the fourth one down and so on...,

yeah , you saw it, its no big deal, but its very fixable
Why.....would you even complain about that!? I couldn't care less if the stage was mirrored in the middle if it gives me better characters and gameplay.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
That may be it!

If you look at the trail Wario is leaving behing, there is smoke... Hmm, you might have a point there man!

And also theend of his jacket looks like it may be pushed up (by a rush of air) prehaps he did fart upon poor Mario

As for that collum thing...really, whos cares patterns repeat in games all the time, get over it.

Stryks

Smash Hero
look, i love this game as much as the next person, but that stage is... well the first friggin stage they show us and its something thats very noticeable and very simple to change. I know it wont make any difference in the game play, etc... but you can't tell me it looks perfect, and you cant tell me that there's no technology yet for making a random column well a bit more ranndom!
Dude seriously its just a column, the game plays the same, and when playing the game I doubt u'll go:
"Woah wait stop! look man, the column!! U gotta be kiddin, the sequence of bricks in the column repeats itself!! OMG!!

Seriously, dont like it, dont buy the game, its just a pillar that it only part of the background, and wont affect the gameplay at all, live with it...

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
I can't wait to do kamakaze with this thing. Throw it up in the air and get it stuck on you and run at people. SUICIDE BOMBING

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I remember playing Perfect Dark and setting meat sims to follow me, loading them up with a set of remote mines, and then setting them to attack the enemies and blowing them up a few seconds later and getting like 6 kills. Here's hoping the gooey bomb is just as entertaining to play with. :D

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
Hey I just noticed that it seems like the gooey bomb doesnt have any knockback. It looks like its jus pure damage to get the percentage higher. Pretty stupid if it doesnt have knockback if u ask me. It could be just the pic they took was a frame before he went flying but i dunno for now it seems like there is no knockback

Edit:....I cant believe someone brought up the column. Holy ****....nobody cares. IF your gonna look at detail look at the characters

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
Look at "the Battlefield" screenshot for "But then evening comes..." and look at the bricks on the floor that are mostly inside a blue outline. See how exquisite that looks.... Now look right to the left of Pikachu :(

Stryks

Smash Hero
Its just a freakin pattern, no one has commited suicide cause the pattern repeats itself, I doubt they'll fix it, and I doubt anyone on smashboards cares...

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
About those who say it has no knockback: You do realize it is more than likely the 'damaging point' where the enemy is just kinda shakes in place before flying off the screen, right?

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I can't believe any of you replied to this Ryu guy.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
I can't wait to do kamakaze with this thing. Throw it up in the air and get it stuck on you and run at people. SUICIDE BOMBING
Quoted for sheer maniacal brilliance. That will be THE ONLY THING that will get me to use some characters (cough,cough, JIGGLYPUFF,cough,cough). You have to admit, seeing Jigglypuff skipping happily towards an opponent just to blow up in their face like some sort of pink, poofy running bomb will make you laugh, ALOT. I can imagine it now... oh, the hilarity.

I'm kinda dissapointed in the amount of info in this update. One item per update seems a little thin to me, but if we get more new items like this, I guess I'll live. XD

SuppaRoy

Smash Cadet
OMG! people must be really desperate for updates cause now they are lookin at the freaking floor! come on!

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
I wonder what happens if you were to grab the ledge right before the bomb explodes. Mabe you could save yourself that way? It would take some good timing but would be very cool.

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
I wonder what happens if you were to grab the ledge right before the bomb explodes. Mabe you could save yourself that way? It would take some good timing but would be very cool.
thats a good point, if the explosion is on a set timer, you could simply sidestep or air dodge (i dont know if sheilding would would work), and save yourself. i wonder if theyll make you get hit anyway? that could be used to extend some combos by preventing someone to get out if they have an opportunity (with very good timing)...

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Hey I just noticed that it seems like the gooey bomb doesnt have any knockback. It looks like its jus pure damage to get the percentage higher. Pretty stupid if it doesnt have knockback if u ask me. It could be just the pic they took was a frame before he went flying but i dunno for now it seems like there is no knockback

Edit:....I cant believe someone brought up the column. Holy ****....nobody cares. IF your gonna look at detail look at the characters
My guess is that it was the frame where the explosion first occured. By the time Wario was sent flying, the explosion would have already dissapated a bit, and in the screenshot the explosion looked like it had just occured. I highly doubt that Sakurai would make an explosive item that had no knockback.
It will be interesting to see if the Gooey Bomb has a set time limit though. If it exploded at specific time, everytime, then it could probably be avoided by dodging or sidestepping or hitting an edge at the very moment the explosion occurs. Perhaps the time will be variable, so that there's more chaos as everyone tries to get rid of the bomb before it goes off, and no one knows when it'll blow.
Still if it doesn't have a variable time, i'm not complaining. Hot Potatoe with explosives: Who could ask for anything more? :chuckle:

OT: I'm glad they added something new to this update. Many were figuring that the first few weeks would be rehashing old information. At least now they've begun to add new tidbits along with the old.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
An explosive that can stick to anyone.

Considering my opponents like to avoid me, this'll give me an excuse to draw them to me. Granted, the bomb will be sticking to me, but at least my sacrifice won't be in vain.

Fire7Man7Dan7

Smash Rookie
I think this Item is from Mario Galaxy; just guessing.
Good point. I guess its good to keep in mind that items that are new appear to not be from a game, but I suppose they could very well be from upcoming games. I'm ******** and didnt really think of that. :-D

Chaos_Tyrant

Smash Apprentice
Good point. I guess its good to keep in mind that items that are new appear to not be from a game, but I suppose they could very well be from upcoming games. I'm ******** and didnt really think of that. :-D
Everybody is ******** once in awhile :laugh:

also this would be great if you could place more then one on a player :)

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I'm kinda dissapointed in the amount of info in this update. One item per update seems a little thin to me, but if we get more new items like this, I guess I'll live. XD
As long as they don't blow an entire update on something like the ray gun or barrel cannon and expect us to stay obediently in line, I'll be okay. New info is new info <3

animan

Smash Cadet
man this item sound so mush fun i would play a game were taht is the only thing you could play with but it would have to be a sudden death match so when it goes off you die

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Wow! a new item that looks sweet, I just like the fact the if I get it on my self I could return it back to him by touching the other characte and boom:laugh: r

Red Exodus

Smash Master
I can just imagine 4 guys playing, throw gooeys around and trying to pass them on to someone else, and in the confusion all 4 of them form a tangled mass with the bombs still attached and then they all blow up. I'd make it 8 guys by playing a duo like ICs.

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
Simply put, Gooey Bomb ROCKS. It'll be funny to use, funny to watch people use, and funny to run around as the pink puffball of doom (lol, the guy who posted this had a brilliant idea!), ready to utterly destroy all in it's way. I'm not a n00b at Smash Bros. btw, but, I'm new here, never even heard of it before today. Off topic, anyone have any strategies for beating event 51 with Link, Marth, Roy, Fox, Falco, C.Falcon, Mario, or Luigi?

Sariku

Smash Master
Simply put, Gooey Bomb ROCKS. It'll be funny to use, funny to watch people use, and funny to run around as the pink puffball of doom (lol, the guy who posted this had a brilliant idea!), ready to utterly destroy all in it's way. I'm not a n00b at Smash Bros. btw, but, I'm new here, never even heard of it before today. Off topic, anyone have any strategies for beating event 51 with Link, Marth, Roy, Fox, Falco, C.Falcon, Mario, or Luigi?
Funny you bring that up, I accually beat 51 again today with Marth. You just have to know the art of Juggling while keeping the others away from you.

But first just beat it wiht Jiggly Puff, its the easiest way to get FD.

Top Bottom