• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey bomb

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
This item is a tad bit unfair for slower characters...if your slow how will you be able to catch the quick movers to pass it on?
this item will give a whole new range of possibilites to laser camping foxes.

haha, but seriously, this is going to be hilarious, especially in free for alls, just throwing one across the level into the middle of people already fighting...

i know right now im still going to yell 'STUCK' whenever i hit someone with one, just out of habit from halo 2.

i wonder if it stays one the ground if you throw it and it doesnt hit anybody, and will stick to the next person that touches it? you could use that for extreme mindgames!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: yeah, it looks like mario is looking back at wario as he is running away...cool stuff.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Bowser's also bigger, is he not?

Anyway, Bowser's just going to have to deal with it the same way he has in the past.
OMG, if I throw a Bob-Omb, Bowser can't jump out of the way! O_O
So shield it.
I'm sure you'll be able to shield these things. Though...It would be funny if they stuck to your shield...

I'm actually wondering how mch damage these things will do, though. It looks less sever than a motion sensor or Bob-Omb...but that may just be the picture.

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Great item addition. Can see my little bro pissed now....
And when we go online we create servers of hot potato only!
Expecting more items from Mr. Sakurai and Co-workers.

TakDragon7

Smash Lord
Heatwave City, where air conditioners dont do jack
Bowser's also bigger, is he not?

Anyway, Bowser's just going to have to deal with it the same way he has in the past.
OMG, if I throw a Bob-Omb, Bowser can't jump out of the way! O_O
So shield it.
I'm sure you'll be able to shield these things. Though...It would be funny if they stuck to your shield...

I'm actually wondering how mch damage these things will do, though. It looks less sever than a motion sensor or Bob-Omb...but that may just be the picture.
He'll probably will have his old skillz and dodge and stuff XD Plus, he dodges those things anyways

Solid_Sneak

Smash Apprentice
I think gooey bomb is brilliant. Simple, yet genius at the same time. This is exactly the kind of items I wanted to see them bring to Brawl. Simple, effective, fun toys. It's almost like a little game inside of the larger game. It's hot potato!!

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the lack of thought put into this...

Yess! It's awesome!

EDIT: I like the transparency of the blob in the screenshots, though its not like we didn't have stuff like that in Melee. This game is gonna rock as a party game, but lets just hope it surpasses that status like its predecessor did. Man, Smash is fun... that item reminds me of the pure joy when playing it back in the day before getting all hardcore. Oh well, I like both aspect of it. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun being dumb with all the items before I totally learn to be good again.

TheBlackrose

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the lack of thought put into this...

Yess! It's awesome!

EDIT: I like the transparency of the blob in the screenshots, though its not like we didn't have stuff like that in Melee. This game is gonna rock as a party game, but lets just hope it surpasses that status like its predecessor did. Man, Smash is fun... that item reminds me of the pure joy when playing it back in the day before getting all hardcore. Oh well, I like both aspect of it. I'm sure I'll have lots of fun being dumb with all the items before I totally learn to be good again.
yeah those were the good ol days a ffa on corneria with items on low 4 players and 99 lives ...i spent so many days like that and brawl will prolly exceed that

hellsoldierx15

Smash Journeyman
i can see a gamemode revolved around this item. say you have an invisible clock, someone starts off with the bomb and you have to get rid of it before it blows up. but you dont know when its going to blow. kinda like oddball in halo. any thoughts?

experiment111

Smash Journeyman
to whoever mentioned that characters now look at each other more directly. I noticed it as well, wonder if its a new feature or just a screenshot thing they were doing

Black/Light

Smash Master
to whoever mentioned that characters now look at each other more directly. I noticed it as well, wonder if its a new feature or just a screenshot thing they were doing
I noticed that as well!

I made a topic about that on the Nsider a long time ago but it got zero replies (I was saying that one thing that could really help Smash in a more sub-level emotion way would be to have characters look at each other like with Pitt and Zero in the first trailer).

I thought it would give them more emotion/ character/ personally and it seems like it does. I hope to see more of this.

Burning Lava

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'd be happy to see stuff like characters looking at each other. In some instances maybe they are looking at each other, but don't expect Mario to look back over is shoulder at anyone like that screenshot portrays him doing.

Komayto

Smash Apprentice
I have found the game of origin! Those with weak-stomachs should look away.
Ooh, it's the Cho Aniki guys! Well, the composer for these games was on the list so...:lick:
Nah, I'm not being serious. It would be kinda cool though if it did come from Cho Aniki though.
That way you could shock your friends by telling them where the bomb originated from. It would be pretty funny.

I'm loving this item already. Having those things around could create some interesting situations. Everyone has surely thought about stuff like this at one point anyway. I know I have dreamt of sticking a Motion-Sensor Bomb on an opponent. I never expected them to actually do it though.
I hope we'll get to see more creative items like that.

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
The Battlefield's left stone brick column

:mad: Yo someone should tell the game developers to change the left stonebrick column/ ruins because you see the same pattern twice . very lame... it looks very un-professional to just paste the design twice in the same column. Boo

I

i8waffles612

:mad: Yo someone should tell the game developers to change the left stonebrick column/ ruins because you see the same pattern twice . very lame... it looks very un-professional to just paste the design twice in the same column. Boo
stop god-**** complaining

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
look at the screenshot of link atacking fox and tell me looking at that stone brick column doesn't make you feel like nintendo thinks whe're stupid or something!

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
A third/fourth quarter release obviously.

EDIT: And please edit the previous post rather then double posting.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
look at the screenshot of link atacking fox and tell me looking at that stone brick column doesn't make you feel like nintendo thinks whe're stupid or something!
WTF? Nintendo goes through all the trouble of making this game. Look at the composer list. Look at the graphics compared to other Wii games. Look at what Sakurai has done with SSBM and now imagine in it in a bigger scale and the core game tweaked, too. The game is actually new mechanically like Sakurai said and not just an update, and therefore, takes more time and effort.

Nintendo's developers are usually the last people just to have generic or copied backgrounds (except NES days).If you think Nintendo or Sakurai are lazy by copying some needless (but cool) details in the background, you are sad. Do you just want to hate this game or what?

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
look, i love this game as much as the next person, but that stage is... well the first friggin stage they show us and its something thats very noticeable and very simple to change. I know it wont make any difference in the game play, etc... but you can't tell me it looks perfect, and you cant tell me that there's no technology yet for making a random column well a bit more ranndom!

Ryuker

Smash Lord
I'm sure the'll fix that and otherwise it's not a big problem >.>. Plz keep in mind they are working on that stage and maybe that that thing is giving them pronblem too cause all kind of weird stuff can happen when you texture an object >.>. Also its not really like they have a random pattern on there it's an object that is painted with a skin and that skin looks like a brick wall. They obviously didn't finish it yet cause it just repeats the same texture 3 times. There's not technology requiered though just for making it more random cause it's just a picture on a object >.>

I like the gooey bomb ( I always wanted to throw the mine in melee on people XD.) I hope they include an option to turn crate explosions off cause that was the main reason why items were turned of in melee tourneys.

NES n00b

Smash Master
I have looked at the picture again and I actually do not see what you are talking about since all I got was "left column." I assume you mean the leftest most column and the rightest most column. They both have different cracks and are at different HEIGHTS. If you were talking about the middle ones compared to each other, then those to are at different heights and have completely different textures. There is also some random destroyed, stump columns that are inbetween them and are at random points.

If you are comparing any other combination, then you are smoking crack.

Edit: Maybe I do not see it. Please tell me where it is.

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
the best picture to see it is link's 4th screenshot(attacking fox), its a column that is some sort of ruin. The column is actually leaning, compare the texture from top to bottom or vice versa

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Well we all know what stage to put Ryu in. We'll stick him in that one so he'll spend the whole match looking at the 2 pillars so it's a free win.

Seriously, it's a minor detail on a pillar. The camera is going to be zoomed out so you won't even see it anyway. Jeez.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Do you mean the screenshot in the bottom right, I saw the smaller one and it looks more like a stonhenge compared to an arc. One where there is random stone columns that were broken but together like one of the stonehenge things; the other being more like an arch like Greeks would build (or something like that). I still do not see the copy and past columns thingie.

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
The fact that i noticed that just proves how long i've been staring at that website, so i'll still play this till i get an aneurism. but i do hope they fix those details. I mean part of the whole next-gen better graphics appeal to games is to have them appear more and more realistic, and that they HAVE accomplished in the characters and stages, but that column/pillar just goes to show you something that has to improve, eithter for this game or the next one

Ryu-for- Brawl

Smash Cadet
Do you mean the screenshot in the bottom right, I saw the smaller one and it looks more like a stonhenge compared to an arc. One where there is random stone columns that were broken but together like one of the stonehenge things; the other being more like an arch like Greeks would build (or something like that). I still do not see the copy and past columns thingie.
what im talking about is one column, within that column , the sequence of bricks repeats itself, with one brick looking exactly the same as the fourth one down and so on...,

yeah , you saw it, its no big deal, but its very fixable

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
When people actually have to look hard to notice it, it probably means that its not a big deal.

Top Bottom