• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gooey bomb

Chaotic Yoshi

Smash Lord
Another thing to notice is that both mario and wario had the gooey bomb stuck to their chests. Does this mean that's the only "stickable" area? I was hoping that it would get stuck to their face etc, allowing them to fly in different directions depending on where it was placed.

Seeing as how people will want to play gooey balls only, or pokeballs only etc. They should give the option for Custom Game Setting saves. Kinda like halo, you can give it a title and everything you want to play in those settings you can simply choose it instead of setting it up everything. This will help with our current situation where everything we start melee we need to change from 2min KO fest to 4 stocks etc etc.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I could just see someone getting covered in a bunch of these things. There's no need for the motion sensor bomb anymore.

Whooo boy am I hyped about this game. Seriously cannot wait till the next update.

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . It DOES look like Wario did a fart attack on Mario. Look at the gas cloud on the last pic where Mario is dazed.

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Interesting item; that's pretty much all I have to say about it.

It will definitely add to the insanity to the game!

Red Exodus

Smash Master
These probably won't replace motion sensors, motion sensors seem more potent.

And what's with all the Halo bashing anyway? That doesn't make you look mature at all, honestly I think Sakurai made the item because he wants it in the game, not to piss of bungie.

I'd hate for Nintendo to become arrogant like Sony, right now they're peaceful and Microsoft is neutral while Sony is just the pinnacle of arrogant-ness.

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
I think it would be a neat effect if a character's movement would slow down, due to the number of bombs he/she is stuck with. I was thinking it would've been cool if your speed gradually decreases because of how long the bomb is stuck to you. Not to mention the bomb spreads on the character's body, ala a symbiote, and then BOOM! I don't think it'll happen though.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
FINALLY a new piece of info. As one of the 10% of individuals who actually enjoys playing with items, I'm intrigued about this Gooey Bomb. If this is only one of many creative additions that Sakurai plans to reveal, then maybe the wait for E3 (and a new trailer...) won't be quite so painful after all. But how about a new character tomorrow, Sakurai? PLEASE?!?

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait to play with that thing, it would be like a game of hot potato.....but with a bomb, everyone would be runing into each other to get it off......it'll be great

NukeA6

Smash Master
These probably won't replace motion sensors, motion sensors seem more potent.
Sure the motion sensor is more stationary but the gooey bomb seems to ba its replacement (kinda how the bumper was replaced with that Balloon Fight hazard). But that's just might guess.

NukeA6

Smash Master
I can't wait to play with that thing, it would be like a game of hot potato.....but with a bomb, everyone would be runing into each other to get it off......it'll be great
Sounds like it can be a game mode. It could be like the fire tag from Time Splitters 2 except that the bomb has a time limit and then explodes on the character.

Cisne

Smash Apprentice
This item is rly cool. Hot potato game , Pure Fun.

Btw , these Updates....drop by drop , im like OMG WTF BBQ i want more -.-

Shade_666

Smash Apprentice
Sounds like it can be a game mode. It could be like the fire tag from Time Splitters 2 except that the bomb has a time limit and then explodes on the character.
That would be so fun, but everyone would be fox or ZSS so that they could be *****es and run away

NukeA6

Smash Master
That would be so fun, but everyone would be fox or ZSS so that they could be *****es and run away
Maybe it can have a small stage? I just hope they balance the game enough so Fox and any of Top-tier speedsters don't take up the competition.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
Looks interesting. It'll be good for the few days I will be tryng out the new items :p

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Man, this will be hilariously awesome to use. It would be even more crazy fun if you couldn't shield or deflect it though. (Fox's reflector comes to mind)

NukeA6

Smash Master
Man, this will be hilariously awesome to use. It would be even more crazy fun if you couldn't shield or deflect it though. (Fox's reflector comes to mind)
Would be even better if you can't side-step it. Then again, that might make the gooey bomb cheap.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
There is very few items that make me say, "Yay! This is fun!" More like, "yay....now i'll just walk around and win[hammer]; cool....i'll stand here and hold A [fire flower]," etc etc.

Ahtought this one might be fun, I give it the BENEFIT-OF-THE-DOUBT. *ooh's and aah's are heard from the background*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Another small update; characters are getting classifications. Mario and Link are in the Veteran Fighter's clasification which is only logical... My other guesses for clasifications are New Comers and Melee Returnals or something in those lines.

NukeA6

Smash Master
Another small update; characters are getting classifications. Mario and Link are in the Veteran Fighter's clasification which is only logical... My other guesses for clasifications are New Comers and Melee Returnals or something in those lines.
Plus Battlefield and it's theme are listed (though it's probably old news).

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
I sure hope I get a chance to enjoy awesome items like this before everybody turns items off forever. Hopefully amazing items like this one will change people's minds about that.

The_Famous_SK

Smash Apprentice
gooey bomb? You mean like sticky bombs from Saving Private Ryan? So like... it's from Call of Duty. Which really just ripped off RL. So they're not using their imagination, but they're not even using anyone else's! God... so unoriginal.

Pomfrod

Smash Apprentice
Question: Do you think this will be able to be caped/shined/otherwise reflected?

I'd assume yes, but it would be the ultimate to stick it to Fox's Shine.

"Bu...Bu...But my God Shield!!1!One"
For those of you listening at home, "stick it" carries a double meaning in this quote. Can you figure it out?

This looks to be an amazing upgrade to the motion sensor bombs, and what we've secretly always wanted. Looks like Morpha, which makes me wonder if grabs will transfer it as well as pass-throughs and attacks. Or what if projectiles could carry it? Smash Missile+Gooey Bomb? Adding new gameplay elements to old items is definitely the way to go.

CStrife187

Smash Journeyman
I think I might play with items for a couple weeks if a lot of them are this good, but seriously ONE ITEM in an update? I feel somewhat cheated.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I wouldn't doubt it being passed through grabs, considering that would probably be the easiest way in real life to do it.
But I would doubt it on ranged attacks, because then Samus and Link would never get stuck with a sticky, whereas someone like Roy/Marth are F'd in the A, by comparison.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
This item is a tad bit unfair for slower characters...if your slow how will you be able to catch the quick movers to pass it on?

Top Bottom