• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Stryks

Smash Hero

"The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

The basic gist of it? I suppose you could say it’s kind of like a powerful and personalized hammer. (Or maybe not…)

You can look forward to experiencing the glowing personality behind each of the many Final Smashes!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known Final Smashes:
Mario: Mario Finale

Link: Triforce Slash

Pikachu: Volt Tackle

Bowser: Giga bowser

Samus: Zero laser

DK (Konga beat)
DK FS pic 1
DK FS pic 2
DK FS pic 3

Pit (Palutena’s Army)

Kirby: Chef Hat (Unofficial Name)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here u can pretty much talk about the Final smashes (Offical name instead of the usual super smash) and the smash ball (used to be called smash emblem), and the possible final smashes of the characters...

NOTE: Many Super smash threads have been made, yet since we know have screenshots, info and all, decided to make an official thread, if this gets closed, oh well...

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I loved the Final Smashes. I can't think a Brawl tournament without Final Smashes.

Mario Finale is the coolest Final Smash. It really gives the impression of a devastating attack.

Stryks

Smash Hero
All items can be turned off, and with what the text says (the 1st part, I got it from the site) I believe it is indeeed an item, though why wasnt it placed in the Item list??...

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
So it finally has an offical name... That's cool.

I can't wait to see what the other character Final Smashes are! The Wario Waft isn't Wario's offical Final Smash, is it?

Also, it's Cook Kirby.

thevinnymac

Smash Rookie
The weird thing is that it says it can be used only once. Does that mean per match regardless how many times you get the ball?

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I'm kinda lost here will it be an item or will it be a power up, cool name btw sound like a really powerful attack

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Aww, I dont want it too be banned from torneys ;_;. Final smashes would be so awesome in tornament play D: darn you exploding crates. darn you to hell.

I cant wait to see my main man, pikachu's final smash in action. I suppose it would be a combination of zapdos' and entei's attacks. perhaps even suicune's.

and dont just assume that the SB will literally be an "item"
it might just be a power up. after all, it wasn't posted in the "items" section.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Hummm. . . .It looks like a item. . .but it's not in the item area. . . but he calls it a item.

I think it's something that pops up after a WHOLE lota fighting that either character can grab. . .but only once pre-fight. I think that that might be what he mean't, that after a amount of time and fighting this item will pop up and who ever grabs it does their final smash.

. . .So maybe it can't be turned off. .

Keige

Smash Journeyman
It can be ignored if nothing else. They better have an option to turn it off. It probably gets it's own ON/OFF switch.

Sariku

Smash Master
Good thread, I'm gonna link it in the .:: Official Brawl Info Thread ::.

Check it out for any info Brawl Related. Also, don't forget to rate it, and subscribe, so see when it will get updated.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
It can be ignored if nothing else. They better have an option to turn it off. It probably gets it's own ON/OFF switch.
It would be cool to have it's own on/off switch. Then maybe some tournies will have it.

_OraNoS_

Smash Ace
NO WAY!!!:(

Final Smashes can be made only once. It can be used strategically, no?
I think it would be used more to make it a 3-stock match, instead of a 4-stock (aka just holding it until your opponent's last life)

I can't see how something that looks that powerful would work that great in competitive play

Legolastom

Smash Hero
It is an item in this post he was talking about final smashes not the actual smash orb itself so once he does reveal the smash orb it will go under items kk we all got that?

Vali

Smash Ace
It's probably not classified as an item under that section because he was explaining more about the game mechanics than the actual item itself. It'll still be classified as an item ingame I reckon (with an option to turn on/off).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Yay, I can be first!

The "Smash Ball" that triggers the so-called "Final Smash" is an item!

It's been speculated that it isn't because its entry is under Gameplay instead of Items, but that is only because the article on Smashbros.com is about the Final Smash itself, not about the Smash Ball per se.
Also, he compares it to the infamous hammer.

But the definite proof is this: Even the German page refers to the Smash Ball as an "Item". Yep, in English. And that term is ONLY used in German to refer to items in video games, the type you can pick up and use.

The professionals may now rejoice!
I feel so ignored. =<

MG-Z

Smash Rookie
Aww, I dont want it too be banned from torneys ;_;. Final smashes would be so awesome in tornament play D: darn you exploding crates. darn you to hell.
If a tournament really wants it in, then they can just turn off all items except for the Smash Ball.

F8X

Smash Ace
I actually like how this is an item, you please your hardcore no items/powerups fans and you add something new for everyone. This should really change things up when playing with 4 people.

Personally, I liked the old names better (Super Smash Attack, Smash Emblem) But its cool, I hope its not too overpowered though....the limit should be like 80% Damage
I completely agree, but...

1. Items really were not intended for balance play, it was really just intended for fun use.
  2. There making the item seem VERY rare, and that its not going to be popping up every second.
  3. It looks like he attack will take a long time to charge/ deliver so you should be able to move out of the way

SliK

Smash Journeyman
"The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels, so in order to inflict the most damage possible on enemies, it’s best to release this from a slight floating or midair position on either the left or right side of the screen."

I am assuming this is a typo they must have meant horizontal right. unless you can aim it up or down lol. i hope its only an item, not for competitive play. How they say some wont be a personal hammer does that mean some could have really strange non-attacks like i see peach getting a shield of hearts as in double-dash. Or some people recover health etc who knows.

Fawriel

Smash Master
You know... I'm not an expert on the subject of items, but if I recall correctly, the only(?) item you pick up automatically, the Starman, doesn't appear in capsules and crates.
And it seems like the Smash Ball is picked up automatically as well.
So if only it is activated, crates and capsules would probably not appear.

On the other hand, it should still be banned because of the random factor and the fact that it gives fast characters even *more* of an advantage since they're easily able to outrun others in the chase for a Smash Ball.

LordRalph_87

Smash Cadet
No he means expands vertically in both directions. It starts the size out marios 2 fists then expands outwards and MOVES horizontally. Marios looks quite pushy as well. Be quite funny to throw someone off and then instant kill them on 10% with it :p.

Anyone have any ideas on Pit's final smash? Never played Kid Icarus myself.

Vali

Smash Ace
On the other hand, it should still be banned because of the random factor and the fact that it gives fast characters even *more* of an advantage since they're easily able to outrun others in the chase for a Smash Ball.
They're going to balance Brawl better than Melee and they're going to balance speedy characters with that in mind. I don't see why people seem to think that they won't balance characters concerning Final Smashes, it isn't something they're just tacking on. Sakurai 'n' the gang will have thought about all of this and adjusted characters accordingly. This time round I don't think we're gonna see the same kind of speedy characters like Fox that are fast, strong and good knockout and combo moves, and they're gonna need that speedy advantage to grab the Smash Balls for tournament play too.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Perhaps he'll get armored and whatnot. It's been a long time since I've played, but I'm thinking the final level after you've obtained all the items you were questing for... but then again, he kind of already has some, doesnt' he?

It's been too long.

Kelexo

Smash Journeyman
"The explosion launches out and expands vertically as it travels..."
I am assuming this is a typo they must have meant horizontal right..
I'm thinking he meant it goes foreward, then its size expands vertically over time.

You guys have to think, English (I'm pretty sure) is not his first language, so he isn't wording things in a way WE understand, but in a way that makes sense in english...you just have to think into it.

And this is still bugging me that you guys dont seem to get; for one, YES, it is an item, he refers to it as an item, and its in the how-to-play because its explaining a new mechanic, but that points been made...

Secondly, it NEVER states the ball can be obtained once per battle...it says you can only use the move once after obtaining the ball, which I'm hoping means it can be gotten MANY times, but he was trying to say that you can grab the ball, use the move, and then its gone until you grab the ball again.

I imagine the Ball will be rare to find, even if its the only thing on. (Wouldn't that be hectic?) Think Barrel Cannon.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Kelexo, I don't think Sakurai actually writes the English text.. =P

They're going to balance Brawl better than Melee and they're going to balance speedy characters with that in mind. I don't see why people seem to think that they won't balance characters concerning Final Smashes, it isn't something they're just tacking on. Sakurai 'n' the gang will have thought about all of this and adjusted characters accordingly. This time round I don't think we're gonna see the same kind of speedy characters like Fox that are fast, strong and good knockout and combo moves, and they're gonna need that speedy advantage to grab the Smash Balls for tournament play too.
I'm sorry, but I kind of have trouble trusting the balancing abilities of the people who made Mewtwo a defenseless wimp, the fastest characters the strongest and a race-car driver a n00b-raper.

jb254

Smash Apprentice
Slightly off topic, but can someone tell me which character is the one in the bottom. I think it's Fox because it looks like he has a tail, but I'm not sure:

Top Bottom