• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
Oh snaps, I might be on to something.

Cura > Snakeee, at least that's what the NY PR thread says.

Now, if I keep this going just a bit more.......

You do know I was joking, though, right? I just wanted everyone to stop with the bickering.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
While I don't understand it at all as I thought Snakeee was def over Cura, NYS PR was kind of updated less than a month ago having Cura over Snakeee...
TUSM might have a case here joking or not.

If you think you should be higher TUSM no need to joke about it, push for what's right. I'd say the placement deserves discussion, unless the panel did discuss it thoroughly, but idk if they did or not.

Edit: While looking at their PR I noticed that Dr G was PR'd, completely forgot about that. Another PR player I beat.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
While I don't understand it at all as I thought Snakeee was def over Cura, NYS PR was kind of updated less than a month ago having Cura over Snakeee...
TUSM might have a case here joking or not.

If you think you should be higher TUSM no need to joke about it, push for what's right. I'd say the placement deserves discussion, unless the panel did discuss it thoroughly, but idk if they did or not.
We discussed it, stop hating.

Just because he thinks hes higher(joking or not)doesn't mean hes right, so how is he pushing for something thats right?

Also I was under the belief that we were doing 2+ tournaments, not 3, like we have in the past, if it really is 3 tournaments, we will rediscuss 10th.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I wasn't complaining that I wasn't in the discussion......

Just saying, don't throw my name into the mix like I had anything to do with this cluster****, lol.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a whole nother page, but that was @Vex obv.

Vex Kasrani

Smash Master
I wasn't complaining that I wasn't in the discussion......

Just saying, don't throw my name into the mix like I had anything to do with this cluster****, lol.

EDIT: Didn't realize there was a whole nother page, but that was @Vex obv.
I simply said you were on the panel, I didn't say you took part in the discussion,

Current Panel is Vex, Xzax, Inui, Keitaro, Kaylo.

I'm done for tonight.

Chibo get over yourself.

mib004

Smash Ace
who cares.

IMO - TUSM should be over fury by far im sorry. He got good wins, where fury got like 2 tourny TUSM got

BigM
SLikVik
Cura
DaPufster
GDX

Where Fury got like 2 good tourney wins, im confused. But hey rankings done wait till next season, and TUSM sucks anyway lol :).

Also after looking it over chibo and xzax are d@mn close TBH, But xzax win cause he has NO bad losses where chibo have a couple, and xzax beat him in the head to head category. You have to honor the next two things when two people have extremely close wins and thats where xzax wins.

Xzax - 3
chibo -4
squall - 5
TUSM - 6
Fury - 7
MIB - 8 - lol someone explain to me
kingtoon - 9 - u ******* lol
And if you do have to attend 3 tourneys then M@v, cause Nasty did nothing, i mean nothing at all. M@v and nasty both had horrible tourney wins so they are equal, then you go to loses where M@v and Nasty lost to legit people, then mm where M@v got, Smurf, Chibo to Nasty???

Yea M@v 10th

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
Correctioooooon. I know your father.

I didn't beat Snakeee twice actually.. Just the one set and I played him in bracket again at Velocity and lost to him there.. But still, I have other legit wins.. Inui, Snakeee, Rizinkor, MVD, Lie, Rookie, Kai, Kingtoon, Xzax.. and that's all I remember off the top of my head (this is excluding tourney wins and MMs I have on ppl that I don't know their names so they may be scrubs..)

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
IF im not mistaken Kaylo is on the panel and should still get a vote on things. U cannot not (dub neg.) count her vote just because of her absense

@Inui i could name 6 people that put chibo over xzax so whats ur point

@CHIbo ur right about me originally being 4th with xzax sayin that top 3 was disscussed being vex him then u and i was 4th but low and behold im 2nd then it went to xzax telling me that i would be 3rd cuzz he was gonna be 2nd and then low and behold im 2nd....

i mean i think the panel was done sloppy and i think the smashers of PA should have a say on what OOS person is choosen to be on the panel and prob the whole panel..

@MIB u are the most biased/unconsistant person in PA...before rankings u put xzax over me in ever post u had but now that rankingz have been made u have him as third....

@Xzax jband believes that the rain mm should count so0o0o0o0 stp sayin he said it shouln't

U kno if u take out xzax from the panel the vote would be 2v2 inui and vex vs kaylo and keitaro...just a thought..IMO inui hasnt really made any points that put xzax over chibos, he states that chibo has one good win that can't get him to 3rd but MIB had one good win that put him over xzax and if he really did beat blacka he would of been over while chibo has brood and a lot of other good-decent winz..the only thing i can see xzax having over chibo is head to head..THe panel really needs to rediscuss if the rain mm should count and would that put chibo over xzax....I'm not even fighting for chibo im fighting for rights and just sense...WE have rules for a reason people...

for CHibo
chibo
keitaro
fury
nasty
kaylo
smurf
jband
blacka
drkpeach
yoshq
rookie
TUsm
master ravyn

for xzax
xzax
mav
vex
inui
zucco
MIB?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
chaoticsmurf22: well xzax is putting wrds in ur mouth
chaoticsmurf22: and the panel doesnt want to count it
thejesus734: thats stupid
chaoticsmurf22: yup
thejesus734: rain had the option to stay and finish or leave and take a loss
thejesus734: he chose the latter
thejesus734: you can't blame chibo or penalize him by not having it count
thejesus734: because of something RAIN decided to do

^ my opinion on the RAIN vs Chibo matter... Chibo gets the win. It's only fair.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
smurf add doom to your for chibo list, he said in the ufb thread that for tourney wins he agreed it should go u me xzax for 2 3 4

FuRyOf1000SuNs

Smash Journeyman
you realize other peoples opinions doesn't matter right LOL

its the panels decision and they are keeping there original rankings besides 10th
I think that other people's opinions should DEFINITELY matter.. unless everyone outside of the panel are just complete idiots and don't know what they're talking about.. This entire rankings season was done really haphazardly.. The ENTIRE state of PA smashers should have a vote on who they want to be in the panel (and have people run as in elections) and then have them discuss who they want in. If that was the case originally, then yes Xzax, we wouldn't be able to say anything about it (unless say we impeached a panelist LOL).. But seeing as how "original panel members" decided who was to join the panel, the people should DEFINITELY be able to express concern over the OBVIOUS problems presented: i.e apparently you can quit out of a money match if you're losing and not take a loss for rankings! Yes! perfect seasons for everyone next season!! Now wins are REAAAAAALLLLYYYY gonna be heavily favored over losses hahaha!

Oh and just imagine if America worked the way you guys are governing the panel: That's like saying Bush would be able to have chosen his successor or remain on the panel until the day he died like idk Sadam Hussein, Hugo Chavez, Fidel Castro, Adolf Hitler.. but whatev, you guys are doing great, keep up the good work!

Dotcom

Smash Lord
See I COULD argue that I had no idea what rules were considering they weren't posted and I was under the assumption that it was only 2 tourneys to be qualified. Seeing as how those were the rules when I left, and that if I did know that it was 3 tournies I would have went to three to make sure I was qualified and i'm certain that if I went to another tourney I would be placed over Mav/Nasty. Now that I think of it, I am. There were NO rules stipulated anywhere the tourney requirements had moved up to three. It's been 2 for as long as I could remember, and as long as I didn't get dead last losing to no name scrubs i'm still pretty confident that my wins and losses would STILL be higher than Nasty or Fury. That's the only reason I MM'ed so many people at Apex anyway was to see where I stood at compared to other PA people. I can see WHY my argument would be discarded, but I just want to put it out there that I dn't necessarily feel it's fair for me to be punished for a lack of available knowledge.

But I understand rules are rules..., even if they aern't outlined anywhere. Can we get a clarification for next season please. There should be a steady ruleset we should have to follow. Also I vote that we should be able to decide on the panelist as a state. I don't really like the person in power saying this is so, and all of our ideas don't get listened to because it's not fair.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
and what's up with the PA finder... **** thing hasn't been edited yet. Does someone have to make a new one or what?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
the panel has always heavily favored wins over losses, look at last season

also seriously rules need to be made for this season. money matches are already being done and stuff

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
After the past two seasons, I'm kind of in favor of mms not counting. They're thrown around with way too much weight imo..... even after we said they shouldn't count very much. -_-

EDIT: Also what Xzax said. People making **** too complicated with exceptions and whatnot.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Xzax's PA PR Rules Reformation

1. Order of Ranks

-Overall Wins/Losses
Its who you beat and loose too. If you beat mad good players and get a tough bracket but still do mad good while taking names HELPS you. If you have a free bracket/beat no one and get bad losses it HURTS you(aswell as getting bad losses)

-Head to Head
Who you beat that the other player lost to and vice-versa and if it happened, between the players who beat who.

Consistency-
If someone does good/ok at some tournaments and at other gets ***** then that will affect them since if your not performing as a PR player consistantly then you don't deserve the rank.

2. 3 Tournament Minium
-You have to attend atleast 3 tournaments per season to be ranked on the PR!

3. MM's Count as much as tournament wins($5+)

-If you money match a player for $5 or over it should count as much as a tournament win(none of that tournament priority if someone is throwing up atleast $5 its serious, people don't give out $5)

4. No State vs State MM's(unless like in the case of the UFB Round Robin)

-So players in our state cannot money match each other(and make it count for rankings, non-ranking mms are fine). Unless its like the UFB round robin where it is a tournament scale but isn't worth a tournament rank
changed his mind so fast!

The Phazon Assassin

Smash Champion
You can't say it's not funny if I just said it's funny. Obviously, it's funny, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Charging Star!!

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
so your acting differently to me when its not 100% my decision to be above you. wow chibo to bust on me for being a little kid your an immature baby. **** you and i hope you stay free and loose to bad players and claim to be the best rob when your obviously not.

Top Bottom