• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

East Coast Regional Circuit Official Thread

Solid Jake

The Arcanum
Welcome to the East Coast Regional Circuit!​

Website - http://ECRC2K.com

Circuit Organizers:

Solid Jake - s/n - Pandattackannon
OmegaBlackMage - s/n - OmegaBlackMage
Dazwa - s/n - Dazwa070

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS:

We are currently looking for a few more talented individuals to help it with the circuit.
With the upcoming year, MASSIVE improvement is needed, on every level.
Here are a few things that we would expect from those who apply
*Advertise and promoting the circuit
*Media (Articles, interviews, video, and photo)
*Knowledgeable about the community(mainly for seeding) and hosting tournaments, and willing to help out at any ECRC event if necessary
*Being willing to answer questions to anyone, about the circuit.

If you think you would be interested in becoming an ECRC Organizer copy paste the form below and send it to me
via PM
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ECRC Organizer Application:
Alias:
What you would like to help with most:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2009 EVENTS:

Event 1: ToS Presents: CLASH OF THE TITANS 4 - Philadelphia, PA - Feb 7/8

Event 2:
VGBootCamp.com Presents Brawl 'Til You Fall" -Pasadena, MD 3/28/09

Event 3: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=211171 Apex - First ever Melee Singles ECRC Event!

ECRC MEDIA:

East Coast Regional Circuit Videos

POINT SYSTEM:

Singles

1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 25
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 8
13th 4
17th 2
25th 1

Doubles

1st 45
2nd 35
3rd 25
4th 15
5th 12
7th 10
9th 6
13th 2

Click Here For Current Rankings

Note for those on teams where players are not listed. Please post here or PM/IM any of us so that you may collect your points. Teams who do not do this before the next Circuit event may lose the points they have already won.

Points for doubles in the ECRC are awarded to each individual player instead of by team. This means players can switch teammates for different tournaments and still carry over their point total.

Please note - Only the top 32 single entrants and top 16 teams entrants will receive points in every Circuit event.

The points determine who is currently leading the Circuit. The Final Event will hold the bracket for 32 Pro Singles and 16 Pro Teams. Only the top 26 singles and top 12 teams in terms of points will be allowed into the Final event. The last spot for singles and teams will be determined by an amateur tournament during the Final event, and the winners will move on to the Pro brackets!

ZoSo

Smash Champion
In before Inui post.

I wish this had happened during Melee.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
im trying to push for some sort of melee in the ecrc in the future, but as of right now in this summer, its only brawl due to time restraints (its a summer circuit and were not even done planning it and its like halfway through june lol)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
im trying to push for some sort of melee in the ecrc in the future, but as of right now in this summer, its only brawl due to time restraints (its a summer circuit and were not even done planning it and its like halfway through june lol)
QFT same here melee will be in soon :)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dont worry, i understand many see it as an unfair start (also for myself as i didnt kno xiesticle was a ecrc event till after it happened), but dont worry i will set things straight.

no one should be dissapointed with the plans in store

hova

Smash Champion
it is incredibly ******** to include any event that happened prior to this post. the last thread said postponed and the new thread is basing it's first ranking on an event that has already passed

why not just include a random md/va tourney from two weeks ago, i'd like some free points

anyone seriously interested in this is going to be upset

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
dont worry, we understand there are problems with xi.esticle and such, and we are making sure to fix everything.

i dont want to announce anything quite yet, but we have a list of the tourneys we want to use and have PM'd the TOs for these tourneys. once theyr on board, we will make the list public.

trust us, everyone will like our decision.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nevermind, panel voted 4-1 for the removal of points from ESTICLE. Therefore no points have yet to be awarded to anyone.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
no events have been announced yet, as soon as we get the confirmation from the TO's we will let everyone know

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ok everyone, were ready to reveal to you a little bit more info.

the first event for the ECRC will be... CRITICAL HIT 3!

obvious? maybe. but it should be an awesome tourney and it's representing the md/va stop on the circuit. we will be announcing the rest of the tourneys very soon, as were still waiting for one more person to get back to us.

critical hit 3 is coming up soon, so get ready! look at the first post of this thread for more details (owm is updating it now)

also, incase you missed it, the points from xi.esticle are invalid and will NOT be part of the circuit. the first event will be ch3.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Ok everyone, we're ready to reveal the tentative schedule for the ECRC!

There aren't any exact dates yet, and a thing or two might change, but here is what we have in plan:

Early July - Critical Hit 3 (MD)
Late July - Clash of the Titans IV (PA)
Early August - ESTICLE (CT)
Late August - Montage Tourney (NJ)
Early September - C3 (VA)
Late September - Cataclysm 4

There's 5 tourneys, one in each major state of the Atl. North, and it all ends with the finale, Cataclysm 4 (Location: TBD).

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Clash of the Titans IV will definitely be 2 days (one Melee, one Brawl, some friendlies of one though at the other) and should be pretty big.

I think Cataclysm 4 should also be 2 days, and I think will have Melee in some form on one day (ask OWM).

Nothing is set in stone, but the other tourneys should be 1 day only brawl.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cataclysm 4 will either be 2 or 3 days...probably 2 just because I can't do it during the summer though.

I may as well explain how it's going to work while I'm on the topic though. Think MLG NY 2006, a Pro and an Amateur bracket. Winner of each Amateur bracket (singles and teams) will advance to the pro bracket to compete for the circuit championship. Also, the points champions in both singles and teams will recieve a cash bonus for having finished with the most points. The sum of said bonus will not be known until the event itself however.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im a head of the circuit?!?! thats cool i guess, ive been helping run tourneys for years, no point stopping now

i dont go online much sooo...... itd be best to ask others for info

phish-it

Smash Champion
Theres a link to the first tournament Critical hit 3 on the first post, but the others aren't completely finalized yet.

This is is just something I wanted to point out regarding the point system. Although all of the Regional events should be fairly sizeable, some of them may be alot larger than others. For example, placing 1st out of 150 players, should count for more than placing first out of 50.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i agree with you phish it, but i think all the tournaments are going to be shooting for around 100 or more people. we'll cross that bridge when it comes

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Hey g-reg I'll be able to attend this first event but as far as the other ones I was wondering if I could maybe hitch a ride with you when you attend the other events because I really want to attend all of these tournys in order to go to cataclysim 4 I would be willing to help as much as I can as far as paying for gas. I just need rides for me and my partner famus. We were at c3 but we placed 5th because I squandered that last match (team name: el chocolate diablos). If anyone in the sova and nova area can help me and my partner out it would be greatly appreciated thanx

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
G-reg: Remember playing teams against me and banks. We *****! lolz. Im going to 3 of these evet! CH3,CoT4, Montage 6. w00t! friendlies anyone?

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
man...1st event was soo amazing ^_^ ugh..I was going to try for the next event but MP-Jubilee in North Carolina is going on at the same time...........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmm....this point system thing is a great incentive though...I can't be satisfied with only 2 pts >_>

Top Bottom