• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critical Hit 4 Results

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
1: Azen (Lucario/Peach/MK) split top 2, Azen beat me 3-2, I ***** losers bracket, then we didn't play a grand finals cuz everyone wanted to leave
2: M2k (MK) split top 2
3: Seibrik (D3) lost to m2k/azen
4: G-reg (Snake) lost to m2k/seibrik aka snakekiller3000
5: Chillin (Falco/MK) lost to m2k/seibrik
5: KingAce (MK) lost to azen/g-reg
7: Ninjalink (Diddy/others) lost to g-reg/seibrik
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers) lost to g-reg
9: Forte (MK) lost to ninjalink/KingAce
9: Percon (Snake/Kirby?)
9: Plank (MK) lost to azen/ambrose
9: Snakeeee (ZSS) lost to g-reg
13: Korn (MK) lost to NL
13: Atomsk ( D3) lost to chillin
13: Neo (Marth) lost to plank
13: Chu (Kirby) lost to snakee
17: JL
17: Boss
17: Biglue
17: Slikvik
17: Inui
17: black walts
17: Thumbswayup
17: Chibosempai
25: Kirbstir
25: Crismas
25: Valor
25: Yoster
25: Niko K
25: JCeasar
25: GodismyRock
25: FOB

Teams
1) M2K Azen (didn't split teams)
2) Chu Forte
3) Neo Chillin

that's all I know

btw, just so people know, they GUARANTEED a certain payout for this tourney, which was 5000 dollars, and for what happened, me and Azen splitting top 2 in singles, and winning teams, ME and AZEN ONLY GOT A LITTLE OVER 300 DOLLARS EACH INSTEAD OF WHAT WE SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN, WHICH WAS 1,500 DOLLARS EACH, EXACTLY. (900 each for splitting top 2 in singles, then 600 each from teams). For the given attendance, it was supposed to be at ABOUT 2 OR 3 TIMES MORE. 61 people entered I believe it was, and 45 dollars to enter.

the point is, they made a GUARANTEE, then not only after that, the pot got ***** pretty badly.

it was a really fun time, but that payout stuff.... me and Azen should have almost 5 times as much. All the hardest people came, but all the scrubs didn't show, and this was probably due to a storm which happened the night before/morning of, and the tourney host making a decision which only benefitted HIM instead of being fair, and then ****** the pot.

I don't care what anyone says in response to this, but getting nearly 5 times less than what was promised, is STUPID

Anth0ny

Smash Master
5: KingAce (MK) lost to azen/g-reg
7: Ambrose (Ice Climbers) lost to g-reg
Wow, good **** guys. No shame in going down to those guys. Ambrose, did you go Climbers the entire tourney?

9: Plank (MK) lost to azen/ambrose
lol, you lost to Azen and...the Canadian Azen :laugh:

Good **** overall. Besides, of course, the whole payout fiasco. Does anyone know if anything was recorded?

Mew2King

King of the Mews
KingAce beat Forte, but he said Forte 3 stocked him the first game. Weird.

Seibrik beat Chillin, but honestly Chillin should have won, Seibrik played really well but he did luck out the last game.

Seibrik lost to Azen, but the first game he was about to beat Azen's lucario but then he SDed, then Azens Peach won the next close game. After Azen beat me, I beat Seibrik 3-0 in MK vs DDD. That match is so stupid, it's just camp into random tornado.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
M2K why did u put me as diddy when i dont even main him. I used him evenly with the other chars i used. So please change that.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
KingAce beat Forte, but he said Forte 3 stocked him the first game. Weird.
LOL.. mk ditto... i could see how that could happen. :laugh:
it WAS an mk dittto .. right?

edit- wow, plank lost to ambrose who uses ice climbers? i usually find that matchup really easy for mk... but i guess he must know the matchup well.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Good tourney, I wish more people came though :urg:

About this whole pot controversy here are my 2 cents:

I understand that all the people who came(especially OOS) are upset about the pot being so low even though a large amount was gauranteed. The only OOS who really has the right to be angry is Seibrick(3rd in singles), and made only about $50. He came from Florida so he obviously lost money for coming up here. If the pot was as promised he would've made around $250.

I'm completely sick of people who didn't come to CH4 complaining about the POT being small. I mean, it's partly your fault that is was so low. The CH4 thread had 130 pages of posts and only 50 people showed up? I mean WTF?

Also, the storm probably stopped a lot of people from coming(parents not willing to drive their kid in it) If you think it was too expensive than you must be broke since you had 2 months since the last one to save up

don't blame Travis, he RAN the tourney, HE didn't guarantee the pot, the owner of Gaameplay did.

I had a good talk with owner my self. He still wants to have tournies but people need to show up. He's even trying to get sponsors so the pot can be bigger. He payed around $1500 dollars to rent the bigger room just so people wouldn't show up. Even with the small pot he LOST money.

I understand you're upset M2K but please STOP COMPLAINING. we all know the pot was significantly lower than it was supposed to be.

PS: Travis, when are you going to have that NO METAKNIGHT TOURNEY :bee:
I will definitely be coming to it

pastaboy

Smash Champion
LOL.. mk ditto... i could see how that could happen. :laugh:
it WAS an mk dittto .. right?

edit- wow, plank lost to ambrose who uses ice climbers? i usually find that matchup really easy for mk... but i guess he must know the matchup well.

ye lol his icey are pretty good, he does main a whole lot of other chars tho

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Man this torny was so so, I wanted a 2 day even twith a lot more people like I was thinking but we didn't even make 70, i remember laughing at a sign that said: This building cannot exceed more then 75 entrances Well no worries there >_>; LOL

Aside from the low turn out it was still fun, so that brings me to this, SHOUT OUTS!

Crismas - u get the first shout out since I played you first lol, your Peach and Zero Suit are really good, not Sheik though or is my Ike too good? =P I kid you were a pleasure to talk to and play and thanks for bringing Melee, too good, see ya at Katsukon, bring more stickers! =]

Niko - woah man you got screwed in Brackets but no one can say your bad, I enjoyed our friendlies, your Peach is one of the best I've seen and I have seen Azen's lol

Thumbs and Korn - I am glad to go out to Dennys with you guys and be an *** anytime! =D

Boss - I bought you dinner, team with me sometime lol xD

Kirbstir - I am getting Mario golf!

Vist - good seeing you, shame u had to go, I wondered what happened to you =[

Ninjalink - good man, always a pleasure sir

Slik Vic - best laugh in smash history

JC - thanks for driving me home, I owe you one my man, great hanging out!

other peeps who came to Dennys - good times and good ****!

Plank - lol @ your **** talk

Lobos - next time

other cool MD/VA peeps who came - good ****

people who talked a lot of **** and did not come - stop talking plz

Canada - underestimate you we shall not

Atomsk - great DDD

Inui - sorry you hate MD/VA so much lol

Bum - ....oh, yeah

Miller

Smash Lord
Ambrose, Your ****ing awesome, all I have to say
Max\Percon, Kirby man, to much ****
And to kingace, I knew you had it in you, GGs
Everyone else from Canada, Nice job repping :)

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Well I think the turn out had a # of factors.

- Storm : I came from NYC and I saw a LOT of trains/bus were delayed. It was pretty Lame and Me and Crismas were lucky to get there on time.

- Entry Fee : Any time you have a big price like that it really drives away the players locally.

- Date : School was starting so many people in High School were going to school and people in College are moving in.

Either way it was a series of unfortunate events that lead to the turn out.

As far as payout it was kinda upsetting in a way that the OOS people got ***** hard and the top players really did want that money but at the same time this could have been avoided if so many factors were taken in to account. Again I wont bash anyone or any lan center. These things happen and they will learn and adapt or fall apart.

Far as shout outs go:

Chibo - Thanks for telling me DAY OF you will not team with me. That was kinda gay man and you kinda need to tone down the arrogance just a tad because it does become a pain despite you being a good person. Either way good stuff on the teams and singles.

Crismas - yay had fun again lol too much to write you got ECRC points I think.

Plank - OMFG dude hanging with you was too F-in good because you housing me was fun as hell and chilling and doing non-smash stuff has always been fun with me. Good to hang finally and I can not wait to chill again.

Snakekiller - Good **** man...FL ***** lol...Either way it was good meeting you and playing with you. I learned a lot from you about D3 so hopefully I will use that to help myself lol.

Niko k - CANADA!!!...eh? Wow dude your mad chill and doing all those crazy things with you and bull****ting was fun. Let it be known you have a better peach than most, if not, all people XD

Snake - Good job in singles man I am happy for you. That G-reg match was tight and it sucked you lost but I know you can do better I believe in you.

G-reg - Nice to meet you and play a bit. I like meeting all the people I talk with online and you are Def a kewl guy.

Chinesah - Thanks for the ride there man I owe you one.

Black Waltz - thanks for the MM

Matt L ( the kid who teamed with me ) - thanks for teaming man we didnt get far but thats ok I had a hella-good time regardless with you.

Teched out enterprises - good stuff with friendlies

Korn - OMFG YOUR SO CUTEEEE XD...lol nice to finally put a face to you.

Atomsk - Fun to talk with as always.

Thumbs - **** I hate diddy lol. It was fun to way you and NL ditto Diddy Kong.

BOSS - good stuff with mario

In general regardless of what happened I had a good time. I guess I am laid back to much or I just do not let it get to me depply but I think smash is smash and its fun. I wish people would stop *****ing about the game though. Ya we heard it and yea just dont play. I just feel that if things went right none of this would of really been said. It is not the first time bad things happened to any SMASH tournament and probably will not be the last. I accept it as a fluke and just move on for now and hope for the best.

Thats just how I feel either way good fun was had by all.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
i wish the turnout was bigger but i still had fun regardless. still it sucks a little since i came all the way from GA hopin for an enormous turnout. Still i had fun which was the point of it for me :)

Program

Smash Apprentice
People please stop complaining about the pot. If 50 people show up, how is 5000$ going to be even possible? Anyway, I had a blast. Im not going to play MK anymore and just play Didds after that absolutly epic bananalock into Dair by NL. I lost it. like What the hell. I want Soul Calibur rematches when i get alot better. *looks at Forte*

**** you pros. You all are so ****ing good.

By the way, Plank, Your Wario is freakin frustrating.

Jesus Kick. Great Matches Greg. Falcon rematch. Korn, I promise a MM at CH5.

ALSO By the way. I am contemplating hold tourneys at the venue near my home. Since there is alot of time between tourneys, It would be cool to have SOMETHING. Gimme some feedback on this. The venue is about as large as Gaame Playe. Parking is OK. and there is a McDonalds and a Hilton Garden Inn nearby. Possible 5$ for Singles and another 5$ for doubles? Let me know people.

KingAce

Smash Ace
this tournament was a lot of fun despite the low turnout
although yes i think the prize pot thing was really stupid especially for OOSers
personally coming from canada i had to pay a ****load of money to get here only to get screwed and come 4th in teams 5th in singles making only $40 instead of the $150 that I would of made with the original payouts. and i guess another thing was the bracket was kinda random (some people had a really hard bracket while others didnt). personally i had to play boss, chudat, forte, azen then g-regulate all in a row -.- o well no johns

anyways shoutouts to come =D

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
M2K!!!

.. I have lil bit more of the results that I save it in my laptop ( I used prtSc button)
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v644/cafe_cpk/?action=view&current=untitled-3.jpg

33. Doom
33. PyronicStar
33. nuts
33. Pav
33. Lobos
33. rhyme
33. Vist (he left the tourney early)
33. toone
33. Heat

Also can you edit the first page (sorry), I also played DDD at this tourney :) thanks
and I lose to Forte at Winner's then Ninjalink.

shout outs later..

Percon

Smash Lord
I didn't go snake in singles except for two matches (where I did quite poorly), it was basically all Kirby.

And yeah, shouts soon to come.

J.L

Smash Ace
Good tournament overall! I was hoping to do better but there is no shame in losing to m2k in brackets. GGs playing friendlies with azen, neo, and ninjalink and many others.

more shout outs later

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Good **** everybody, seriously. Some brief shoutouts--

Rhyme - My ride, as usual, and an awesome and extremely chill person. Can't believe you lost to Valor, though...

NinjaLink and Snakeee - Those car rides were too good. Fun stuff at JCaesar's and just hanging out. We should definitely chill next tourney.

Slikvik - Triple 9, son...good ****!

JCaesar - Thanks a ton for housing us. Your pig is top tier. XD

NEO - Good **** in friendlies! I'm pretty **** happy I got you to your last stock, but I'm quite sure you were sandbagging me. Good matches regardless.

Alex - Good to see you after 2 months! PT quad with Crismas and Slikvik was crazy...and overall teams was pretty **** fun.

Crismas - Thanks for the sticker! XD

Niko_K - Cool to meet you, even though we've never really talked or anything. There's something you said that I completely agree with, and I think you'll know what I mean. <_<

Seibrik - Holy ****! I did NOT expect that. But yeah, the end of your set with Chillin was REALLY gay. Good job, though.

Fun stuff guys, despite the massive disappointment compared to the hype...

StripesOrBars

Smash Master
Lol, if the host was a christian then I understand why the pot was *****.

It was for "Jesus".

Lol at another Maverick in the Smash community.

At least they got us Floridians back for screwing NEO.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
that **** is nothing like mavericks homo *** tournament, especially since your state didnt even win it (nothing against you)

i won, mavericks parents were charging ridiculous *** door fees and money for food talking about electric bills and ****

THEN proceeded to take MORE money out of my ****ing payout

if that ever happens again i should get some crucial *** dome from mav's mom and t i tty fu ck her while eating one of those ****ty *** 5 dollar hamburgers.. for free

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
Some of ya'll should chill, you don't even know this man but you get at him, don't know who he's gotta feed or what bills hes got to pay to stay off the street, not to mention weren't here, not that most of you would say **** in person. I am glad he is still willing to host events in the future though despite this small turn out, regardless of what went down with the money it was still fun so **** outta here posting that mess.

**** happens but that's life, get one.

//RAGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Edit: hahaha NEO wtf man'g?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
NinjaLink said:
M2K why did u put me as diddy when i dont even main him
omg stop saying this

Your Diddy is tons better than all of your other characters. Don't go Diddy against me next time we face each other. Please don't go Diddy. I will lose to your Diddy almost certainly but beat your other characters you think are better than your Godlike Diddy.

M2K: Good stuff, as usual.

Azen: Congrats on finally beating Jason!

Seibrik: You repped Florida well and improved a lot since FAST.

God is my Rock: You got better, but you know you got lucky against me. :p

Plank: You are the gayest Meta Knight ever.

NEO: Thanks for playing me a lot.

Atomsk: You'll play better in teams next time and do better in singles; off-days happen. ;)

The Canadian players: You guys were surprisingly good and suprised me and others.

Whoever made the brackets: This is the second event in a row where I got a stupidly seeded bracket in MD/VA.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
omg stop saying this

Your Diddy is tons better than all of your other characters. Don't go Diddy against me next time we face each other. Please don't go Diddy. I will lose to your Diddy almost certainly but beat your other characters you think are better than your Godlike Diddy.
If i was you i'll be quiet. Really. Dont talk to me and TELL me whos my best character. Not in the mood for your nonsense.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I saved some matches on random wiis, some really funny gimp vs mows ike with mk, one of my matches vs gregs snake with mk, and one of my mathces vs chillins mk with my snake, and maybe random other things too

so if you see any of them, or random stuff ur not sure on, i saved them on random wii's. 3 different people probably have these matches, so everyone check your wiis. It wasn't a big turnout, so it shouldn't be that hard.

SO CHECK YOUR Wiis

pockyD

Smash Legend
what do you expect to happen if people find these matches? you don't have a wii, so how will they even send them to you?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If i was you i'll be quiet. Really. Dont talk to me and TELL me whos my best character. Not in the mood for your nonsense.
You go Diddy and you win and do awesome stuff like beat Mew2King, me, and Atomsk and **** in teams.

You use another character and you don't do as well.

It's simple.

Don't go Diddy against me, Atomsk, etc. next time. Please.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
You go Diddy and you win and do awesome stuff like beat Mew2King and Atomsk and **** in teams.

You use another character and you don't do as well.

It's simple.
Oh really. Funny cause the matchs i went all diddy with i lost. But once again. Dont talk to me like that.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
well it's good to know the random wiis that have them, just search for a black mk or a Snake vs MK match and a MK vs Ike clip. I'm getting a wii soon, but it'd be really useful to have that so at least I could watch it for my own self, and see what to do to get better, or watch my hilarious gimp on Mow's Ike LOL when he quit the match after that LOL it was so funny.

Top Bottom