• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critical Hit 4 Results

Percon

Smash Lord
I always thought that it would be cool to host a brawl/melee tourney where you'd be forced to pay to enter BOTH games. I dunno, it might bring the two groups of players closer together. And help the pot for both games.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
thats kinda what happened in melee after brawl. The turnouts lowered, and the level of competition went up. Its ALREADY happening in brawl tho cause the scrubs are slowly getting bored. When it does happen fully. The pros should return to melee since its more fun and all will be good in the world again. xD
I dunno about the scrubs getting bored, Axis had 303 entrants O_o

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
God is my Rock: You got better, but you know you got lucky against me. :p
IDK about that man, I acted like I was gonna land in front of you, I air dodged to your back, you grabbed air, and I D-Smashed you. You didn't DI and DIed.

You seem like you're trying to act nice now though so I'm not going to argue with you.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
inui, congrats on being disrespectful and ungrateful. he could've offered you absolutely nothing at all and if you don't like md/va so much, don't whine to us about it, just don't come back, we love it here

J.L

Smash Ace
Shout outs:

NEO: Your marth is hands down the best marth Ive seen. Really nice playing friendlies with you. Im sure you will find a way to deal with mk in the future.

Azen: Good friendlies. You're Lucario is too good.

M2K: I would never dare use wario against ur ddd. Im glad I got to play you. GGs

Ninja Link: Good friendlies. I know you are good with other characters too, but I just had to fight the beast. Amazing diddy.

Plank: Thanks for housing us. Too bad we couldnt put you guys out in teams. I guess tornado spam and Snake's uptilt was the better combination haha =P

Korn: Its so hard being a wario main, i dunno how futile or reflex does it. When i see DDD i sh*t my pants and resort to my half a*s Metaknight. Oh well GGs and hopefully ill play you next time.

P~S: You have a really good olimar. Good friendlies and hope to play you another time.

Snake Killer: Good stuff coming 3rd. Now that i think of it, I dont think i ever played you once in brawl lol. oh well next time hopefully.

CANADA: Good ****, it was a really fun trip up there. We definitely repped well. Lets do it again some time.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I expected more than a bathroomless shack in your backyard in which you did not even supply blankets and pillows.

When I house people, if I can't get them their own room at my hotel, I still get them pillows and blankets and they get to use a bathroom.

I need sleep and a shower to be awake the next day, so yes, I whined a lot about the housing situation.

I ended up sleeping in the car anyways.
2 finished rooms with heat, insulation, and electricity attached to a garage qualifies as a shack? You city people sure are spoiled. I'm sorry my daddy doesn't work for a hotel chain, I'll remember to mention that the next time I house people.

The shower situation was an unfortunate mixup between me and my mom, who was kind enough to let strangers stay on our property in the first place. When people stayed here for CH3 the shower was broken at the end of the weekend, so she didn't want that to happen again.

The sleeping arrangements were detailed in the group I made for the people I was housing. It was on Chibo to tell you about them (but apparently he missed that part himself) because I didn't know who was coming with him until the last minute. It clearly stated "Bring a sleeping bag!" I don't have the means to supply blankets and pillows to 6+ people, but I gave you guys our sleeping bags and my own pillow.
It's my fault that I didn't read the group that thouroughly, but seriously, what do you expect? Housing is housing. I knew we would of needed sleeping bags, and that's like a standard for getting housing. Everyone almost always gets the floor when being housed, I've been housed somewhere once where there were couches and beds, which is cause they guy lived in like a 8 million dollar mansion lol (boss nacker and chozen kno what im talkin about lol).

It was nice for jcaesar to offer the housing, and was one of the only options remotely close to the venue, and was nice enough to wake up for us when we got there so late at night. not having a bathroom was a lil bit of a surprise, but w/e, its a farm with woods, rough it for once lol. as jc said, not everyones dad owns a hotel chain -_- . is this the first time you have ever gotten housing inui? its all quite similar, and i would have brought my own stuff but couldnt because my first part of the trip was 1.5 hour public transportation (incluing a 1 mile walk) to m2k's from my place, and I couldnt carry pillows and blankets there. but if i got there and had nothing, its my fault. i would have slept on the carpet with nothing. perhaps using my bookbag as a pillow.

thx for supplying us with what you could jcaes, and since i was the only one that slept at all in the cabin, i got to use 2 sleeping bags as a pseudo mattress, one as a blanket, and a pillow :) it was pretty nice lol. sorry for bringing inui, but i kind of had no choice since he was the one that hooked up my ride for getting here.

D

Deleted member

I need sleep and a shower to be awake the next day, so yes, I whined a lot about the housing situation.
pff no johns. you're not a real man until you've slept on the asphalt of Dallas International lmao.

nathaniel's marth was sickly.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Good Sh*t Boss.. well fux with amazinger next time.

*pound* @ Canada

M2k.. stop whining like a b*tch.. how do you think it feels to send a crap ton of money to go to a tourney that you go just for the hopes of placing top 3.. How much money have you won from smash?

I have 0 sympathy for you and alot more for Travis.. yeah it's ****ed that the pot was "guaranteed" but that the same time who could have predicted the most hyped tourney since brawls release would basically be canceled due to a HURRICANE. If you're a doushebag enough to sue Travis/the kind sponsors/gameplay's owner.. then you really are an *sshole.

No johns.

I think this has imspired me to john everytime i travel anywhere to win money and have it not turn out my way.. and btw M2K... wtf are you spending your money on anywho? don't you still live at home.. not have a girlfriend.. or own a car?

Good Day Sir.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer

*pound* @ Canada

M2k.. stop whining like a b*tch.. how do you think it feels to send a crap ton of money to go to a tourney that you go just for the hopes of placing top 3.. How much money have you won from smash?

I have 0 sympathy for you and alot more for Travis.. yeah it's ****ed that the pot was "guaranteed" but that the same time who could have predicted the most hyped tourney since brawls release would basically be canceled due to a HURRICANE. If you're a doushebag enough to sue Travis/the kind sponsors/gameplay's owner.. then you really are an *sshole.

No johns.

I think this has imspired me to john everytime i travel anywhere to win money and have it not turn out my way.. and btw M2K... wtf are you spending your money on anywho? don't you still live at home.. not have a girlfriend.. or own a car?

Good Day Sir.
college maybe?

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
I see where M2K is coming from. He has a point, going by just fairness and rules it was guaranteed.

However, this is life, not Smash. There is more to LIFE than just fairness and rules...People's lives and well beings are at stake here. I think he's too young/immature to realize that however, no offense.

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Can't we all just agree to play more Mario Golf?

EE, you're welcome for getting you that hole 4 birdie chip-in when you came up short on reaching the green =p

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Actually, he probably wouldn't. No offense to anyone in the next thing I am going to say.

If he was in your shoes he probably wouldn't look at it differently. He'd be upset of course, but no matter how many times he got screwed out of money, (or any normal person for that matter) he would realize just how much money this guy would be losing, and realize that this guy's well being may be in danger.

There's a difference between being upset about something and being a jerk off of it based off of your upsetness/feelings.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
there's also a thing called THIS HAPPENS ALL THE ****ING TIME and it's time to have some rule about "GUARANTEEING" things or don't put it in the title

don't put "GUARANTEED" in the next critical hit

here's what i understand, the guy just did what was in best interest of himself, and there was false advertising. I'm not going to be sympathetic to him if he's not going to be sympathetic to us and STILL pot **** us. I'm not the one being selfish, asking for WHAT WAS SAID TO BE GUARANTEED, in fact I can't even control what happened at all, but I'm taking a huge hit out of something not in my control, and this happens WAY too much. Any time this ever happens, I am going to point it out, and criticize it. False advertising is gay, so it what happened here.

let's put it this way. Fast1 was hyped up for "14,000 dollars" and CH4 was "5,000 dollars"

SO WHY AFTER I WIN THEM ALL DO I MAKE LIKE 1,500. Part of it was splitting things to be nice but wow this is bull****. False advertising FTL. If you're going to advertise things like that, make sure you keep it, no matter what.

Otherwise there's NOTHING stopping people from doing that at EVERY tourney.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
what with eveyrone saying oh i have g/f and u dont lol i can prolly get more hoes than more than half of the people in the boards and u dont see me sayng oh go get a g/f lol it mus t be some kind of life accomplishment or somethingg for most i guess.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
m2k i dont know why you are repeatedly posting your disappointment all over the boards. we all agree with you, its messed up, other people didnt get paid what they said they would, too. you are the only one who cares enough to do anything about it though, and venting to us isnt going to fix anything. talk to the guy at gaame playe (the name of the store)if you really feel so strongly about it.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
there is no next time, I'm teaming with him.. -.-

Can't we all just agree to play more Mario Golf?

EE, you're welcome for getting you that hole 4 birdie chip-in when you came up short on reaching the green =p
lol what about me ???? nvm i guess i'm so bad at it :p
next time we should play mariokart 64 :) it's in my wii but i don't want to bring my wii to tourney..

D

Deleted member

Why don't you try beating Azen and earning some money before you tell others how to use theirs?

I hope at some point in your life you work tirelessly to be the best in the world at something only to get paid 1/8th of your expected total.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
You're my best friend Umbreon and I hope that never changes. We'll be together forever and I'll always love you.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
so I wasn't going to comment much since I wasn't there but...

I expected more than a bathroomless shack in your backyard in which you did not even supply blankets and pillows.

When I house people, if I can't get them their own room at my hotel, I still get them pillows and blankets and they get to use a bathroom.

I ended up sleeping in the car anyways.
If it was Chibo's fault for not informing you of the situation, then ignore what I'm saying...

[I haven't read anyone's responses after you wrote this, if there were any, nor do I know, or care, how many people stayed there]

What a ****ing classless act of disrespect. Seriously. Complaining? About free housing??? It should be implied why doing so is almost always inexcusable.

For real though, I stayed there before [with Kadaj, Famous, Slash, Slash's friend, Dobee, Serpent, Whodat, Karn, Ajax, Dookdigity and I'm not sure if there were others, but that's at LEAST 11 people] and while it wasn't an amazing setup for sleeping, it was a (FREE) place to sleep (even if it was just crammed onto the floor and under tables/desks'n'shlt, and practically on top of other people) and we didn't dare say **** about it considering how gracious Brett was to even offer the housing for so many people. If you needed to take a p1ss, you did it outside, and if you needed anything else [INCLUDING a shower] all you had to do was ask Brett. And for CH4 he gave more than enough reminders in posts about needing blankets and pillows. [btw: @ the hotel, do you have free access to those blankets and pillows? I'm pretty sure that whatever extra blankets/pillows JCaesar has wouldn't have been enough to cover everyone and thus nobody got any]

good luck ever getting housing again around t/here...

it's really sad when telling you to think before you speak is like beating a dead horse.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I only play pikachu in brawl. I don't even know what stage shadow moses is tho. :( If we MM'ed it'd be pikachu vs w/e on battlefield/FD :)

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Thank god I didn't goto this, it looks like it kinda sucked.

Third wouldn't have paid for the tickets alone :/

Top Bottom