• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and Hrnut Present: Brawl Wars II - Truce 11/8/2008 (Brawl & Melee)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

Brawl Wars I was a great success, minus the AC who couldn't get a ride to the venue. I'll drive the AC to the place myself this time :laugh:

This time, we're gonna have brawl and melee. Its gonna be:
-Brawl Doubles
-Brawl Singles
-Melee Singles
-Melee Doubles

With such ambition, we really need the tv and wii/cube numbers to rise from the last tourney. No one wants to be here all night. I'll run the brawl tourneys and someone to be named later will run the melee side. And with that, time to get this hype-train a moving!

Also note, registration times/fees subject to change

AND I GUARANTEE THERE WILL BE A $5 FOOSBALL TOURNAMENT THIS TIME

Where?

LAN Odyssey
2123 Tamiami Trail S
Venice, FL 34293

-It's a lan center inside of a plaza. The plaza itself is behind a KFC/Long John Silvers

If you get lost, call:
GDX - 863-934-2355
LAN Odyssey - 941-492-9777

Brawl/Melee Doubles Registration: 11am - 12pm. Starts at 12:30pm
Brawl/Melee Singles Registration: 11am - Ending of Doubles for each respective game. I may or may not decide to start both games at the same time.

-Both brawl and melee doubles are gonna run at the same time. Melee is probably goign to finish first, but i havnt decided if im gonna wait to start both singles at the same time or not.

Brawl Rules:

Double Elimination Brackets
3 stock
7 minute timer
All items off
Team Attack on
Life Stealing allowed
Best 2 out of 3 (3 out of 5 for winners/losers/grand finals)
Dave's Stupid Rule = Can't choose a stage you've won on in the set. If the other person doesnt know about Dave's stupid rule, oh well.

Stages

Neutrals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpicks:

Pokemon Stadium 1
Delfino Plaza
Castle Siege
Pirate Ship
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Brinstar
Luigi's Mansion

Banned: Everything else

Melee Rules

- Double Elimination
- All matches are 2/3, Winners/Losers Finals are 3/5, Grand Finals also.
- Separate seeding can be requested if it is so desired.
- All matches are four stock with an eight minute time limit.
- Sudden Death will not be played. Ties are broken by stock and percentage.
- Items will, of course, be OFF.

The following stages are available for random select for singles:

- Final Destination
- Battlefield
- Kirby's Dreamland 64
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokémon Stadium

Stages banned for Singles: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, and Kongo Jungle, Onett, Great Bay and Mushroom Kingdom 2

Daves Stupid Rule Applies.

No Stalling Please! (Wallbomb, Rising Pound)
No SoulStunner/Freeze Glitch either!
Wobbling will be handled with the Gentlemen's Rule.

Gentlemen's Rule: Whether to ban the Wobble or not, is decided upon both players should one be using IC's before the set Begins. If the opponent does not want it, it is banned. If he agrees it can be used to 200% before it's considered stalling.

BYOC.

Fees:

Door Fee: $10 dollars
Brawl Singles: $10 dollars
Brawl Doubles: $10 dollars per person
Melee Singles: $10 dollars
Melee Doubles: $10 dollars per person (see a pattern here?)

Payouts (Both Brawl and Melee):
Singles: 65/25/10
Doubles: 65/25/10

Setups/Attendance

Wiis:
1. LAN Odyssey
2. Kamano
3. GDX
4. big freddy
5. NINE

Cubes:
1. Kamano
2. NINE

Tvs:
1. LAN Odyssey
2. LAN Odyssey
3. LAN Odyssey
4. LAN Odyssey
5. Kamano
6. Hrnut
7. Kamano

Attendance: (both sure and maybe)
1. GDX
2. HRnut
3. Kamano
4. Polmex23
5. Lime_backwards
6. Monk
7. Garbanzo
8. White Out
9. Criss
10. Zoro
11. Marin
12. gmoney
13. freddy
14. hungrybox
15. Colbol
16. SmashYourMom
17. Superkirby22
18. WeeG
19. Flatsoda
20. Lambchops
21. big freddy
22. h1roshi
23. Bustanut
24. Acorn
25. AfroLehs Thundah
26. spider_sense
27. NINE
29. MixCoatl
28. Seibrik
29. Samus_Abe
30. Equi
31. ESKMO

Lets make this huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge.

Diddy Kong approves this message

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there of course. :D

I can bring a cube, and 1 TV for sure. With a little luck in the coming week (my dad's turning 50 and might end up with a brand new TV of his own), I will have the ability to bring 2 TVs. Grand total from me: Wii, Cube, TV x2.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
yep, melee for you melee-heads. I just want attendance. I really dont care too much what game you all play, as long as theres a decent number for brawl (like 20-30 like last time). I dont touch melee competitively, nor do i want to, so i dont wanna be playing with just like 7 other brawlers in a tourney :laugh:

i hope we can get 8 Tvs for each melee and brawl. Alittle ambitious, but entirely possible. Lan odyssey already provides 4 of them, and kamano lives 2 minutes away and he can bring 1-2

LinkSceptile333

Smash Journeyman
I can go and participate in Brawl Singles and Doubles (if I have a partner) if someone can drive me there. I don't think my sister wants to drive me there no more.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
I'd luv to go. I'd have have to have a set date though so I can reserve the day off. Until the date becomes set in stone, just put me down as a maybe.
If I do come though, I should be able to at least be able to bring a Wii, as well as a copy of both games.
Hoping to join all tournies if money permits and if I can find a partner for Brawl doubles or not. We'll see. too early to tell.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I'd luv to go. I'd have have to have a set date though so I can reserve the day off. Until the date becomes set in stone, just put me down as a maybe.
If I do come though, I should be able to at least be able to bring a Wii, as well as a copy of both games.
Hoping to join all tournies if money permits and if I can find a partner for Brawl doubles or not. We'll see. too early to tell.
I'm sure we'd leave when the Brawl stuff is over. Especially if Nick and I are going... we work on Sundays,... so,... you'd have to go with us.... seeing as we'd be your ride.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
set date? the date is guaranteed november 1st >.>;;

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
>_< Misread the Orlando part for this thing. Ignore my ignorance.

Lime, Melee singles will be held durring Brawl doubles...
If I can't find a partner for doubles again, then I'll just do Melee singles. I don't see how this is going to be a problem...

Frames

DI
Note: Yea yea I know, no CFL tourneys QQ. Im working on getting the $350 up front required to get an Orlando venue ($250 deposit and $100 rental). If/when i finally get an Orlando venue, the tourney is probably gonna be November 8th, so just plan for that date if you'll be in the area.
I am reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllly curious about this mystery CFL venue for 350 lol if that's a per day fee that's a good deal

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
So yeah... can't bring my Wii anymore. It was ****ing jacked.
My place was robbed today and they took it, along with my 360 and controler for both systems. My copy of 21 (movie) was in the 360 and Melee was in the Wii. Gone. I think my DS was taken as well.

I'm ****ing pissed to no end. Still planning on comming though. Just gotta find another controler now.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I'll give you my controller.

edit: I feel for you man, if you need to talk, lemme know. You worked so super hard for that 360 too. I am so sorry.

freddybones

Smash Journeyman
As fake as I may have sounded, I speak truth. Monk or Lime will end up comming over eventually and will see for themselves.
Man it was weird walking into my room. Two forensic chicks were all up in the house dusting everything for prints and ****. A cop was taking statements from my parents and eventially me. Da popo get ma' prints!!

T.T

And on top of all that my ****'s either stolen or trashed. Btw, I wont be able to get the vids from that tape Polmex gave from Brawl Wars I. It was in my TV, and now my TV is in peices all over my room. I suppose it's still undamaged, but I just don't know how I'll take it out of it anymore.

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
I don't really know what to say man. I mean, it was broad ****ing daylight. I'm speechless.

But seriously, you need a controller, I'm giving you one of mine. The one I used for the Melee tournies is yours.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I might have to put this tourney on the 9th instead of the 1st...since everyone is QQing about hiroshi not moving his tourney date. i dunno yet though

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
i did, but everyone in CFL is QQing about hiroshi not changing his even though his was after mine. I normally wouldnt care, but both his and mine are melee (his is only melee, mine is both brawl and melee)

I dont feel like changing the date, so i dont think im going to. Just means they'll be less people for the melee portion of this tourney. Maybe they can come next time, as I want to do both melee and brawl at tourneys from now on....seems like the logical thing to do. As long as you kids stop *****ing every 20 seconds about how melee > brawl while at the tournament. People are entitled to their opinions, but im just tired of hearing about it. Its gotten to the point where i wanna quit brawl just so i dont have to be around people arguing over dumb **** like this all the time

but long story short, its staying november 1st. melee just may be smaller this time around

Zoro

Smash Champion
your losing alot of people

id say 10 of the people that went for brawl last tourney would rather go to inet thats 10 less people plus any other person that prefers melee that lives in cfl and im sure most of the sfl people except SEIBRIK would rather go to a melee tourney. You'd be having a tampa tourney pretty much since you guys love brawl.

its not smart to assume youll get the same attendance as last time
hiroshi cant change it because the lan center may be busy on other days you may have gotten the date first but only by 3 or 4 days if you had said it weeks ago i would understand. Also we just had a brawl wars we havnt had an INET in a long time which is easily one of the best venues in florida that we had for melee. They always supply a crazy amount of tvs and cubes. Usually they have 9 or 10 just from them and there is ALWAYS friendlies going on.The tvs are the old ones so you know they dont lag at all. Its just a great place and we always have fun there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVB8qyaRNvs

you see this only at inet tourneys does this happen. Smashers come together man! its magical

Dont even attempt to compete with inet just change the date especially if its just because you feel its not fair to change the date. While its not fair it would def be in your best interest if you did. No one wants to see brawl wars 2 with an attendance of 13

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
dude we need to stop having so many tournaments...its like one tournament ends and the next one is posted like asap....lets coordinate these better so all of fl can attend and lets have them less often so ppl can actually stay interested in the game without getting sick of it like it feels like everyone is

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
1. im not assuming ill have the same attendance as last time

2. i dont give a flying **** how much earlier i had this date than hiroshi, the point is that i had it

3. I wouldnt even care if my tourney was just brawl, but i try to help out you kids by hosting both melee and brawl and i still get flack for it.

4. Because of the time of my tourney, no one is gonna come if its any other date besides the 1st, which is 2 weeks away both ways from gigs. If its a week before or after gigs, people wont have the money to travel to both, which is where all the attendance comes from, cause tampa sure as hell doesn't count for much. You can hold a tourney in orlando a week before gigs and people will show up cause its Orlando. I have to carefully pick a date because if it coincides with almost any CFL/SFL tourney, attendance gets **** on cause its in the middle of ****ing nowhere and apparently no one in the entire state of ****ing florida outside of 4 or so people have a car to travel to a tourney that isnt right across the street from them. So for me, it doesnt really matter WHEN The tourney is hosted, because if it stays its gonna get **** on by hiroshi, and if i change it its gonna get **** on by gigs.

So the question here isnt "GDX, why dont you change your tourney date to help us, even though you were here first and i acknowledge that". The question is "GDX, which tourney do you wanna get **** on. Gigs or iNet?"

You know, thats a good question. Im not quite sure which tourney i wanna get **** on by quite yet. Let me go take my own **** and think about it!

Zoro

Smash Champion
1. im not assuming ill have the same attendance as last time

2. i dont give a flying **** how much earlier i had this date than hiroshi, the point is that i had it

3. I wouldnt even care if my tourney was just brawl, but i try to help out you kids by hosting both melee and brawl and i still get flack for it.

4. Because of the time of my tourney, no one is gonna come if its any other date besides the 1st, which is 2 weeks away both ways from gigs. If its a week before or after gigs, people wont have the money to travel to both, which is where all the attendance comes from, cause tampa sure as hell doesn't count for much. You can hold a tourney in orlando a week before gigs and people will show up cause its Orlando. I have to carefully pick a date because if it coincides with almost any CFL/SFL tourney, attendance gets **** on cause its in the middle of ****ing nowhere and apparently no one in the entire state of ****ing florida outside of 4 or so people have a car to travel to a tourney that isnt right across the street from them. So for me, it doesnt really matter WHEN The tourney is hosted, because if it stays its gonna get **** on by hiroshi, and if i change it its gonna get **** on by gigs.

So the question here isnt "GDX, why dont you change your tourney date to help us, even though you were here first and i acknowledge that". The question is "GDX, which tourney do you wanna get **** on. Gigs or iNet?"

You know, thats a good question. Im not quite sure which tourney i wanna get **** on by quite yet. Let me go take my own **** and think about it!

SO then why have a tournament in november if there will be other ones?

The purpose of tournaments is to get people to go not just to have them for the sake of having them. That doesnt make any sense to me I know you want to make a successful series of tourneys but if your going to ignore other tourneys or if your going to try and do them even though a bigger one is going down somewhere else I think thats going about things the wrong way. November may not be a good month for Brawl wars and i think thats the smart thing to say. Again it sounds like your just running these because you dont think its fair and you wanna let people know you dont give a **** because by right you have this date. If you want to do it fine im just trying to convince you that doing that isnt a good thing for your tourney.

Life isnt fair sometimes but you gotta make the best of it.

Id like to come to another brawl wars but theres no way im coming here instead of inet and most of the people would agree with me.

Zoro

Smash Champion
compromise in what way?

gdx isnt changing hiroshi isnt changing one of them has to change
neither should neither wants to either way someone loses

Also hiroshi may have posted the date later than you by(one of 2 days) but hes still been planning these for a while and was just waiting for confirmation from the owner . So even though you posted the date 10 minutes after BW 1 ended technically hiro had the date first it just wasn't confirmed.

He posted that he was talking to the owner on 09-15-2008
You posted this on 9-22-2008

Top Bottom