• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GDX and Hrnut Present: Brawl Wars II - Truce 11/8/2008 (Brawl & Melee)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
He posted that he was talking to the owner on 09-15-2008
You posted this on 9-22-2008
nothing was said about any particular date when he said he was "talking to the owner". Talking to the owner doesnt even mean anything is confirmed

but im calmed down from earlier now. If there arent that many for melee at my tourney, then thats just a shame and I'll run it anyway. Despite the recent wave of brawl hate, there are still people who love brawl more than melee, including myself. So, ill keep hosting tourneys only in regards to other brawl tourneys so i dont crap all over their dates.

so with that, my date isnt changing. You wanna play brawl, come to mine. You wanna play melee, go to iNet. Wanna play both, come to mine. Simple as that

and please god bring wiis/tvs/cubes. I think even I have a gamecube lying around here somewhere, but i have to rebuy the AC/AVI cables for it

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I agree 110% with GDX. This is the same thing that happened to me last time I tried hosting my tourney at LAN Odyssey. Seibrik posted his own tourney on the same date as mine about a week beforehand, while I had a thread up with the date solid for a month and a half.

Quit sh*tting on other people's tourneys. People post their dates as early as possible in hopes that it will PREVENT it from being **** upon. Really, why bother even announcing a date early when this ends up happening regardless?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
sigh.

iNet is one of the best venues in all of FL.

We are very lucky to have that venue after a **** stole a wii.

The manager, Phil, is a very nice guy and the smashers are glad to have him.

We had a brawl wars, what, last week?

Neither of you are gonna change your dates, I'm going to iNet.

Everyone else can do whatever. It's like Willvo and Melee Gigs.

So if I held WATO16 on June 2009, and then Frames announced he was holding FAST2 on the same day, everyone should go to my tournament cuz i announced it first.

Right?

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
I would hope maybe there would be the common courtesy of not posting a tournament on a date that already has a similar tournament posted.

Planning tournaments is such an unnecessary pain in the ***, and I don't understand why people continue to make it that way when there's no reason for it.

Whatever, this sh*t happens every time, I shouldn't be surprised anymore at this point.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
if I were still in Tampa, I'd pick iNet. if they were separate days, I'd go to both.

Aside from the amazing venue (didn't see Brawl Wars 1's) there, I'd want to give support for them giving us another chance. The stolen Wii was unfortunate, but I'm glad they're willing to put it in the past and try smash tourneys again.

Since I'm in Pensacola though, I'll be at neither. Just figured I'd say my opinion since others probably share it.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
im prolly going to hiroshi so is seibrikk afro colbol queen xyz and linguini. ur losing attendance and competion lol. well at leasts its free moiney for hrnut and gdx u guuys will prolly meet in the finals

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im prolly going to hiroshi so is seibrikk afro colbol queen xyz and linguini. ur losing attendance and competion lol. well at leasts its free moiney for hrnut and gdx u guuys will prolly meet in the finals
well, all of you, minus seibrik, would usually pick a melee tourney over a brawl one anyway. So really, the only thing that its hurting is my melee attendnace. Neither of you would show up to a brawl tourney since all of you, minus, seibrik, pretty much quit. Or at least thats the impression that I gathered from after Brawl Wars I.

So this tourney will be for tampa/my orlando car/SFL who wants to play brawl over melee (since the drive is the same from SFL to orlando and SFL to lan odyssey)

TVS/WIIS/CUBES. BRING THEM. OOOOOMMMMMGGGGG

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
even though mine was made first, ill change the date. I want attendance over free money. Free money isnt gonna help me get any better at this game. Changing mains, maybe, but free money, no. Ill make it the next week, november 8th. Brawl gigs can't be on November 15th cause theres already a brawl tourney then in Orlando and they usually dont **** on dates, so it will have to be november 22, which is still 2 weeks away from mine.

Tvs, wiis, cubes. you know the drill. I want to see lots o people at this tourney. And if you ever **** on my tourney date again hiroshi, ill kill you :)

OH YEA. I HAD TO GET A NEW PHONE. FOR ANYONE THAT CARES, MY NEW PHONE NUMBER IS: 863-934-2355

Anonymous.

Smash Lord
even though mine was made first, ill change the date. I want attendance over free money. Free money isnt gonna help me get any better at this game. Changing mains, maybe, but free money, no. Ill make it the next week, november 8th. Brawl gigs can't be on November 15th cause theres already a brawl tourney then in Orlando and they usually dont **** on dates, so it will have to be november 22, which is still 2 weeks away from mine.

Tvs, wiis, cubes. you know the drill. I want to see lots o people at this tourney. And if you ever **** on my tourney date again hiroshi, ill kill you :)

OH YEA. I HAD TO GET A NEW PHONE. FOR ANYONE THAT CARES, MY NEW PHONE NUMBER IS: 863-934-2355
4chan is calling you now.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Another new one? Is this your new permanent one or another temp one?
this is my permanent number. that other number was just a temp pay-as-you-go phone i got from walmart that weekend :laugh:

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
WOW, WTF?!!??!?!

i didnt realize you guys were fighting over this whole date debacle. And GDX, you said you calmed down? which means you werent calm in the first place? for what? i was having so muhc fun and success with my iGT series, (which is how i got my name blue in the first place), but then, during the last tournament, a wii was stolen. So, we lost the best venue in Florida, just like that. A year later, i decide to try again since i find out he's holding tournies for other games (halo, gears, call, guitar hero). He says "yeah, sure, why not?". I'm ecstatic at this point. So, i wanted to plan the date way ahead of time to make sure i could get a good spot and have time for everyone to get ready. I then posted how it will be on the first saturday of November, but i just had to get it confirmed. He said yeah, no problem. So i posted it, i didnt even realize that GDX posted his tourney there. I didnt do it on purpose. After finding out about GDX's, i went back to phil and see what i could do about the dates. But they were now taken by other tournaments since i called my saturday for smash. So i did try, but just couldnt change the date. And i figured who cares, mine is melee, and his is brawl. Even though theres also melee, its not the focus, mine is. And like i said, im just so excited to have an iGT tourney again, after one year!!!!

so basically, i never meant to stir up trouble and there should be no hard feelings. And for me to move a melee date for a primarily brawl event would be punishable by death anyways, so i couldnt have done it. MELEE IS TOO GOOD!!! hopefully one they you'll realize that.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
stuff

-hiro
there are no hard feelings. the only reason i cared in the first place is cause mine was melee too, but its no big deal. I already moved my tourney to the 8th and this is behind me now :laugh:

UltimaScout

Smash Lord
WOW, WTF?!!??!?!

so basically, i never meant to stir up trouble and there should be no hard feelings. And for me to move a melee date for a primarily brawl event would be punishable by death anyways, so i couldnt have done it. MELEE IS TOO GOOD!!! hopefully one they you'll realize that.

-hiro
Well look at it this way. Apparently you don't realize Brawl > Melee. Combos in brawl are too good, and the gameplay is so much faster. Enjoy the ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FehyYgCEwvE

lime_backwards

Smash Lord
Well look at it this way. Apparently you don't realize Brawl > Melee. Combos in brawl are too good, and the gameplay is so much faster. Enjoy the ****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FehyYgCEwvE
Um,... in that vid,... how does that show that Brawl is better than Melee anywhere? Were you counting the F-tilt frenzy as a combo? If you were,... then I don't know what to say...

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sooo GDX, when are we goin to play?!
thats a good question.

hmm....

PM me your address and ill come by after i get off of work tomorrow (Tuesday) at 5pm. Its probably easier this way cause i work in lakeland so I'll already be nearby, rather than you driving to Winter Haven to my house :laugh:

This tourney thread will probably get some more juice after gigs and hiroshi's tourneys are over.

SuperKirby22

Smash Cadet
I might be able to make the drive, but perfer to wait til the date approaches. If i do ill pick up some heads on the way.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
thanks for the interest superkirby. bring a full car, its gonna be fuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

where do you stay at anyway?

man, playing melee this week makes me love melee, but it also makes me love brawl more than I already did. I lovely love both games :laugh:

SuperKirby22

Smash Cadet
Brawl is a devolution of melee no way around it, i understand that Masahiro Sakurai tried to make the game noob proof, but is power shieldin to much to ask. I stay in Lake Worth - Melee will continue thrivin in my livin room.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
oh thats cool. Im not hating on your melee lovin

where is Lake Worth? It sounds like ive been there before for a tourney, but i dont remember where it is...

Top Bottom