• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Sunshine: The Guide to Using FLUDD and Cape

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Super Mario Sunshine: The Guide to Using FLUDD

To all those who don’t know, FLUDD came from Super Mario Sunshine as an effort to help Mario clean up the city of Isle Delfino. Despite this, FLUDD is the reason how Mario was able to defeat Shadow Mario, Petrey Piranha, and Bowser.

Backstory out of the way, let’s move on to Brawl. FLUDD here works very differently in this game. For one thing, FLUDD only has one mode (Standard), and instead of cleaning dirty enemies, it’s used to push enemies away from Mario. This lead to numerous of topics on how the crap you can use FLUDD on a competitive scene. Rest assured, FLUDD is one of the most awkward (yet original) abilities ever made in the Smash series, but it’s far from useless, and I’m here to show you how to utilize it to it’s fullest.

Main Use: Edgeguarding

FLUDD in Brawl is not meant to be an ability you use thwart your enemy. Instead, it’s used to seal the deal for gimp KO’s. This ability is generally meant to be used to help your edgeguard game (although it can be used for more than just that. More on that later.)

FLUDD Example (From MikeHawkSNES)

As the video has shown, when one is being pushed back from the stage, especially when using Up-B, it can decrease their chances on getting back onto the stage. Combined with other abilities (mainly the cape), this can lead to what we call, gimp kills, which are Kos that come from practically forcing your opponent to their doom at low hit percentage.

Difficulty levels per Character

Easy (Use it and abuse it)
Captain Falcon
Falco
Fox
Ganondorf
Ike
Link
Lucas
Luigi
Mario
Ness
Wolf

Medium (Takes more work, but still useful)
Bowser
Charizard
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
Marth
Olimar
Shiek
Squirtle
Toon Link
Wario
Zelda

Hard (Possible, but not likely)
King DeDeDe
Kirby
Lucario
Peach
Pikachu
Pit
Ice Climbers
Ivysaur
Samus
Snake
Yoshi
Zero Suit Samus

Intense (Once in a Blue Moon)
Game & Watch
Jigglypuff
MetaKnight
R.O.B.
Sonic

As what the heading says, this should be the main use of FLUDD, but do not limit yourself to just that. FLUDD can be used for a lot more than just edgeguarding.

Other Uses

Approach-Killing

Approach-Killing is simply stopping an opponent’s initial attack, which often leads to them shifting the momentum in their favor. How nice it would be to be able outright stop the shift, and keep the match’s favor on your side? Luckily, Mario and FLUDD can do that.

It’s actually quite simple to do this. When the opponent is closing in on you in preparation of an attack, just simply douse him/her with FLUDD. This would lead them falling short on the attack, which often leads Mario to counter with a D-Smash or F-Smash (If you’re lucky, a sweetspotted one).

It’s difficult for ground-based attacks as it’s easier for the opponent to react to it, but it works like a charm on aerial-based approaches. Use this for enemies who rely on aerial based approaches.

FLUDD Recovery

FLUDD Recovery is basically when you use FLUDD to help you get back onto the stage when you’re knocked off.

There’s actually two ways this can help Mario. First and foremost however, you have to make sure FLUDD is fully charged. If it isn’t, then it’s use is quite limited.

The first way is what I like to call the FLUDD Boost. When you’re knocked off the stage, you can turn around and use FLUDD. If it is fully-charged, it gives Mario a noticeable boost in momentum towards the stage, if you tilt the control stick towards the stage, then the momentum stays until FLUDD is out of water. Useful if you’re knocked upwards and you want to avoid your opponent… but not so much if you have to head to the ledge and the opponent is ready to edgeguard. Using FLUDD Boost leaves Mario quite open for attacks.

Which leads to the second method, which is more or less a variation of Approach-Killing. Now, instead of shooting away from the stage, you shoot towards it, specifically, towards your opponent. This causes your opponent to be pushed away from you, which allows Mario to have a few options open if he was suffering from a Wall of Pain (Metaknight and Marth comes to mind on this). Mainly, Mario can do an Up-B to his opponent if the opponent is close enough (likely if FLUDD was uncharged) or Mario can do a quick U-air to knock the opponent away so he can safely get back onto the ledge, or if you’re really lucky, you can do a F-air to go for a Spike kill.

Just make sure you still have your second jump if you try to follow up on the second method. Otherwise it’s in your best intentions to just get back to the stage.

FLUDD KO

FLUDD KO’s are when you KO an opponent by pushing them off the stage whenever they’re charging up an attack, or using a special attack on the ground. In the cases of special attacks, if they happen to be using it on the ground, then when they’re pushed off the stage, it’ll seem as if they used it in the air, and they will either lose all their jumps, making them fall to their doom, or their special attack is so laggy that they can't make it back to the stage.

Characters affected by FLUDD KO’s
Donkey Kong (Neutral B)
Ganondorf (Warlock Punch)
Ike (Eruption/Quick Draw)
Link (Up-B)
Lucas (PK Thunder, PK Freeze)
Mario (Down-B)
Marth (Shield Breaker)
Ness (PK Thunder, PK Flash)
Snake (Nikita)
Toon Link (Up-B)
Zelda (Din's Fire)

To be honest, this shouldn’t be happening a lot, but always keep FLUDD charged for this. If the opportunity arises, use it, because this is an excellent way to get Gimp KO’s. (Especially if it’s a 0-to-death :) )

Techniques

Now that you know about the uses of FLUDD, it’s now time to get down to the specific techniques of FLUDD that involves specific input for it to work.

Superman Combo

I think every competitive Mario main does this without knowing it, but this technique was dubbed, “Superman Combo”. It’s when you use the Cape and FLUDD together in order to get a gimp kill. There are many variations to this, but there is one specifically that should be noted since this is a topic about FLUDD.

First, you need to know about the Cape Glide. The Cape Glide is when you use the cape while running towards the edge of the stage. This will cause Mario to “levitate” while doing the Cape animation. The distance varies with how soon you use the Cape while while running.

Now that you know about the Cape Glide, you need a fully charged FLUDD. Lastly, you need an unfortunate opponent that’s knocked away from the stage and is trying to recover.

First, Cape Glide. This will cause Mario to glide towards the recovering opponent. Secondly, FLUDD. Remember, the closer you are, the farther FLUDD pushes the opponent away. If you’re “In your face” close, this will cause almost an immediate momentum shift. Lastly, watch your opponent fail.

Additionally, you can use the cape once more to shift momentum if the opponent still has a decent chance of recovering, but if the opponent’s vertical recovery is poor, then you shouldn’t have to.

FLUDD Break

Hate those opponents that abuse Shield? Well, perhaps this can make them gain some sense.
  • Again, make sure FLUDD is fully charged for this.
  • Next, make sure your opponent is too shield-happy, otherwise don’t bother attempting this.
  • Lastly, have a fresh F-Smash.

Now, during the battle, if your opponent is abusing shield, that should mean that it’s use should almost always be low. When it’s about 1/4th up (It should only be covering the middle of the character at that point), use an F-smash. This should outright break the shield and cause the opponent to be flung up in the air.

When this happens, IMMEDIATELY use FLUDD. The opponent is extremely light whenever the shield breaks, and this will cause a big push.

If this is successful, then FLUDD should’ve pushed the opponent off the ledge, causing them to fumble right to the bottom of the stage. Hurray for another gimp kill!

FIHL

FIHL (FLUDD Induced Hit Lag) is an AT recently discovered by the Mario boards.

Matador said:
Not sure about this, but I've noticed that when Fludding characters like G&W during Bair or DK during upB, they eat through the water BUT it lengthens how long the attack is out; sort of like the statues on the second phase of castle siege. I've also noticed that I gain more time to react after this is over to come in for an Usmash or Cape or w/e. Judge Judy has been noticing this too vs G&W.
Yes, it does prolong the animation of a move that out prioritizes FLUDD. How exactly? Well, first of all, when FLUDD is done shooting water, the water animation is still in effect, and it acts as a constant hitbox. Since it's being out-prioritized, the animation of the opponent's attack is constantly forced to cancel it out, making it stuck on a single frame (Kinda like how two jabs cancel each other out, there's about a split second of lag). This gives Mario about a half-second to run over and attack, because the animation practically holds them in place.
In short, when FLUDD's water is out-prioritized by an attack, the opponent becomes stuck on a frame and actually lags. Since Mario is able to move before the FLUDD gushing ends, this actually gives him a chance to approach and attack, and quite possibly go in for the kill.

General Example of how FIHL makes a move laggy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POlStY8fysI (Kudos to Matt07 for this)

There are plenty of characters that outprioritize FLUDD, but due to how new this is, it'll take some time before a full list is up. For now:

Characters extremely affected by FIHL
Donkey Kong (Up-B)
Game and Watch (Practically everything)
Luigi (N-air and F-air)
Marth (Aerials, mainly F-air)
Metaknight (Drill Rush and Glide Attack)
Snake (All abilities except for F-air and specials)
Sonic (N-air and D-air)

Use this FLUDD tech! I'd say causing an opponent to lag in real life is not something to take for granted! (They can't use Lag Johns there!)

Misc.

*FLUDD, when charging up, increases Mario's Fall Speed.
*However, FLUDD does NOT increase Mario's weight.
*FLUDD is able to cut through projectiles. It can be found here under the Mario Moveset section
*FLUDD can be super useful in team battles. Proof:

----

And that’s it for now. You have obtained the knowledge of how to use FLUDD in combat. Use it, abuse it, and love it.

And remember, FLUDD doesn’t suck, it blows, hard.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The Cape

If there’s one thing that the Cape and FLUDD have in common, it’s that the Cape is the Mario, and the FLUDD is the Luigi. Everyone stays on their toes against Mario, but simply brushes off Luigi. Similar case here. The Cape is the most feared ability in Mario’s moveset, but they laugh at the FLUDD. (Silly, right?) However, when they work together, much like Mario and Luigi, they are a powerful combination.

The Cape in Melee was used to reflect projectiles and turn opponents around to kill their attempts of grabbing the edge. It’s not different in here except, in Brawl, it actually reverses the momentum of the opponent. Meaning, if the opponent is moving left while being caped, they’ll suddenly start moving right. This is the perfect way to screw up recoveries, especially ones that rely on vertical recovery.

Main Use: Edgeguarding

Like the FLUDD, the Cape’s main use is to edgeguard recoveries. Coupled with the FLUDD and aerials in Mario’s moveset, they wreck the majority of recoveries. However, remember that the Cape is the most feared ability, so they will be expecting this. Mix up your aerials and extensive use of mindgames to keep your opponent guessing. This is pretty effective on all characters, but harder to use on characters with multiple jumps, so it takes some effort… but it still works.

Cape Glitch

For some demented reason, the cape can refresh Up-B abilities to characters that do not go into a freefall state after it. This means that If the cape is used during or after the Up-B, they’ll be able to use it again. Thankfully, this only works on three people: Sonic, Snake, and Game and Watch. So if you’re going to cape them, make sure you do it before they use their Up-B.

Other Use: Mindgames

While the Cape is awesome for edgeguarding, it also serves a good purpose for confusing your opponent as well. Nothing is more satisfying than randomly throwing a cape out to make your opponent go “WTF!?” for a second allowing you to capitalize. The Cape is a simple move, but no one expects you to use it on the stage. Of course, that gives you the advantage of a mindgame. However, there’s a fine line between a mindgame and being predictable. So be sure to just keep this in the back of your head.

Techniques

Now it’s time to show the techniques you can use with the Cape specifically.

Cape Glide

A pretty simple, yet effective Cape technique, the Cape Glide. This was already explained in the FLUDD guide, so I’ll just tell you how you would use it when not trying to apply the Superman Combo. First, you can use any aerial out of the cape glide. U-air is recommended though. F-air is a good mindgame tactic though. Also, you can Cape Glide into a another cape to send your opponent into a hopeless situation. Pretty effective don’tcha think?

It’s a good alternative when you don’t want to be predictable with just jumping towards your opponent, so use this to mix up your edge game, but be smart with it. You don’t want to Cape Glide yourself into a spike now would you?

Downward Cape Glide

Downward Cape Glide is a variation of the Cape Glide. Essentially, it’s just making yourself fall faster downwards when you cape off the ledge.

If Cape hits the opponent right as the player touches the ground they seem to have extra frames of landing lag. If you go into training mode and set the computer to jump it will take the computer longer to jump even though they are on the ground. After practicing on the computer you should be able to induce lag on human players. This seems great for grabs/combos.
Honestly, this isn't really new. Anyone that has been using the cape on-stage would have been capitalizing this use but not really knowing it. In any case however, it's good for this to be noted so all Mario mains would know how to use it. This could even give us a free F-Smash.

Cape Dash
*new*

Cape Dash is a new AT that allows Mario to use Cape Glide on-stage.

How it's done
While running near a ledge do a cape right before you run off the ledge(like your doing a regular Super Cape) But instead of holding the direction your going in, quickly press and hold the direction towards the stage.

If done correctly you should see a significant slide across the stage
There is one catch to this however...

(Note) This doesn't work on all stages
Still Testing

Working Stages (So Far)
Halberd
Frigid Orphen(Platforms)
Shine Gate
Norfair
Battllefield(platforms)
Smashville(platforms)
Hanenbow (works everywhere)
Pokemon Stadium (platforms)
Pokemon Stadium 2 (platforms)
Brinstar
Yoshi's(Platform)
Jungle Japes(platorm =/)
With that said, the usefulness of this AT is rather quite limited. However when it can be used, it's a good mindgame and a good way to approach unaware opponents. However, is it worth it?

You'll have to be the judge for that one.

Misc.

-The Cape’s hitbox for projectiles last much longer than the momentum shift hitbox. It stays open until the full animation ends.
-The Cape gives a slight horizontal boost in the air, although only once. Nonetheless, use this when needed.

---
There, so now you know about the Cape. With this and FLUDD, you’ll be a force to be reckoned with. Be sure to let people know how Cape and FLUDD should both be feared together.

I don't have a digital camera or a capture card, so what would -really- be great is if you guys can record some videos of these techniques and uses of FLUDD so there can be some visual aid for the readers.

Extra suggestions on the guide are welcome too.

mario brawler

Smash Journeyman
Playing Brawl until I have a seizure,nah im kiddin
'Backstory out of the way, let’s move on to Brawl. FLUDD here works very differently in this game. For one thing, FLUDD only has one mode (Standard), and instead of damaging enemies, it’s used to push enemies away from Mario.'
just worth mentioning FLUDD never hurt or coased damage to anything in sunshine
but yea this is really good, hopefully we'll stop getting 10 threads on 'I hate fludd'

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
FLUDD did hurt enemies in Sunshine. The dirty ones anyway.

And crap, I missed the manly guy and the spammy guy.

*fixes*

Skink

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, looks like a sticky thread. Also, I don't think I've ever tried a 'cape glide'. Do you just use cape when you're about to hit the edge so he hops off still moving forward?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Wow, I forgot about Yoshi too? Shows how I feel about some characters... *fixes*

well,thats it,it just cleans them,it does'nt cause damage
And I'm sure Shadow Mario just LOVED being blasted by a super soaker. :p

Also, I don't think I've ever tried a 'cape glide'. Do you just use cape when you're about to hit the edge so he hops off still moving forward?
You dash towards the edge and you keep running. When you're about to run off, you use cape and you'll go flying off the stage while doing the cape animation. The distance varies with how soon you use the cape, but it can send you insanely far if you time it correctly (You'll still make it back with your 2nd jump though).

EDIT: Added Snake on the List of FLUDD KOs (Nikita)

Mmac

Smash Lord
Actually, I would say Yoshi is a character that is impossible to gimp with the Fludd. It doesn't stop his momentum at all, and it pushes him up, HELPING his recovery!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It's rather hard (and not very worth it), but it's possible. It involves a set-up though. When going full force with his 2nd jump, you have to cape him, switching the momentum away from the stage and forcing Yoshi to fall backwards, then you can FLUDD him away from the stage.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I think you're thinking too realistically (Cause cleaning Shadow Mario and his dirty goons pretty much -is- damaging him), but for the sake of general use I'll give that to you. *changes*

As for the guide itself, I don't have a digital camera or a capture card, so what would -really- be great is if you guys can record some videos of these techniques and uses of FLUDD so there can be some visual aid for the readers.

As for the character match-ups, it's still in planning. I need to think on who I want to do first. I don't want to start with nightmare match-ups (Metaknight), but I don't wanna be too easy either.

Extra suggestions on the guide are welcome too.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It's rather hard (and not very worth it), but it's possible. It involves a set-up though. When going full force with his 2nd jump, you have to cape him, switching the momentum away from the stage and forcing Yoshi to fall backwards, then you can FLUDD him away from the stage.
That said, you're better off ledgehogging or caping Yoshi. Maybe you should add an extra section in here about how to use the cape.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I can see why that's useful. Can't have FLUDD without the cape, but this guide was meant for FLUDD specifically, so I'm kinda reluctant.

I'll have no problem adding it if it's a popular demand though.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yes, a very wonderful guide HeroMystic. This definately needs the sticky and helps us Mario mains using F.L.U.U.D more to our advantage.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'm gonna have to ask this question to you guys: Should I even bother with the match-up guide? I was generally gonna make it so it would emphasize the use of FLUDD more, but I'm beginning to think that would be too little to actually be worthwhile, and I don't wanna bump heads with the other match-up guides in the works.

Need some opinions here, cause I'm kinda stumped.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Actually, I would say Yoshi is a character that is impossible to gimp with the Fludd. It doesn't stop his momentum at all, and it pushes him up, HELPING his recovery!
No character is impossible to gimp with the Fludd. It pushes all characters back at one time or another during their recovery. Pre-DJ, during DJ, during upB or after upB, doesnt matter. Every character is vulnerable to Fludd in some form or fashion. Making a blanket statement like "Fludd doesn't work on this character" is silly.

Fludd works especially on Yoshi (and Peach whose board has a similar "doesn't work on me, lulz" idea) because of how floaty and aerial he is. It screws up Spacing on Floaty characters with high aerial mobility and sets them up for many different approaches or attacks, not to mention it helps gimp you before and after DJ where it DOESN'T help you recover.

Nice guide Hero. Sticky plz.

Edit: Not sure about this, but I've noticed that when Fludding characters like G&W during Bair or DK during upB, they eat through the water BUT it lengthens how long the attack is out; sort of like the statues on the second phase of castle siege. I've also noticed that I gain more time to react after this is over to come in for an Usmash or Cape or w/e. Judge Judy has been noticing this too vs G&W. Anybody wanna do some testing?

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
If I was edgeguarding a Yoshi, I would just be using the cape anyway. But I think F.L.U.D.D. makes his Egg Roll SD, and sometimes his Yoshi Bomb.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Edit: Not sure about this, but I've noticed that when Fludding characters like G&W during Bair or DK during upB, they eat through the water BUT it lengthens how long the attack is out; sort of like the statues on the second phase of castle siege. I've also noticed that I gain more time to react after this is over to come in for an Usmash or Cape or w/e. Judge Judy has been noticing this too vs G&W. Anybody wanna do some testing?

Got nothing better to do, I'll test it as soon as I get back from class.
And I have.

Yes, it does prolong the animation of a move that out prioritizes FLUDD. How exactly? Well, first of all, when FLUDD is done shooting water, the water animation is still in effect, and it acts as a constant hitbox. Since it's being out-prioritized, the animation of the opponent's attacks is constantly forced to cancel it out, making it stuck on a single frame (Kinda like how two jabs cancel each other out, there's about a split second of lag). This gives Mario about a half-second to run over and attack, because the animation practically holds them in place.

Since G&W practically out-prioritizes all of Mario's moves, this is actually a good alternative to do against it when you don't wanna fireball spam. I'm assuming this would work on aerial-happy Snakes too.

Think this should be considered as a FLUDD technique?

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
And I have.

Yes, it does prolong the animation of a move that out prioritizes FLUDD. How exactly? Well, first of all, when FLUDD is done shooting water, the water animation is still in effect, and it acts as a constant hitbox. Since it's being out-prioritized, the animation of the opponent's attacks is constantly forced to cancel it out, making it stuck on a single frame (Kinda like how two jabs cancel each other out, there's about a split second of lag). This gives Mario about a half-second to run over and attack, because the animation practically holds them in place.

Since G&W practically out-prioritizes all of Mario's moves, this is actually a good alternative to do against it when you don't wanna fireball spam. I'm assuming this would work on aerial-happy Snakes too.

I've been talking about this for a while, your opponent becomes trapped within their own hit lag. It badly defeats of G&W's moves which is why I've been saying to abuse it against him.

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
Here's a list of the projectiles that F.L.U.D.D. stops that I've found so far:

*All of Diddy Kong's projectiles (Peanut Popgun and Banana Peel)*

*Ice Climbers' Ice Shot*

*King DeDeDe's Waddle Dee Toss*

*Most of Link's projectiles (Hero's Bow, boomerang but not the tornado, Bomb)*

*Lucario's Aura Sphere until about halfway charged*

*Lucas's PK Thunder*

*Luigi's Fireball*

*Mario's Fireball*

*Ness's PK Thunder*

*Peach's Vegetable (Turnips, Beam Swords, Bob-ombs, Mr. Saturns)*

*Pikachu's Thunder Jolt*

*Pit's arrows*

*Ivysaur's Razor Leaf*

*R.O.B.'s Gyro until about halfway charged (The F.L.U.D.D. can still avert the trajectory of the gyro even if the gyro is charged more than halfway)*

*Most of Samus's projectiles (Charge Shot until about halfway charged, Missile but causes it to explode, Samus's Bomb but causes it to explode)*

*Snake's Hand Grenade and Cypher (The Cypher camera when Snake releases it)*

*Sonic's spring from the Spring Jump (Only cancels out the spring as a projectile in the air)*

*All of Toon Link's projectiles (Bow, Boomerang, Bomb)

*Wario's Wario Bike (Only stops the bike as a projectile; stops the bike and bike parts)*

*Zero Suit Samus's Power Suit Pieces*

Things that I'm not sure about:

*Olimar's Pikmin Throw*

*Mr. Game & Watch's Chef*

*Ivysaur's Bullet Seed (I don't think F.L.U.D.D. does anything to it but I'm not positive)*

*Yoshi's Egg Throw*

*Snake's Usmash (I don't think F.L.U.D.D. does anything to it but I'm not positive)*

Notes:

*F.L.U.D.D. goes through non-item projectiles it has priority over while simply stopping and pushing away item projectiles*

*Some projectiles simply go through the F.L.U.D.D. without affecting the F.L.U.D.D. itself including Falco's Blaster, Fox's Blaster, Wolf's Blaster, and Sheik's Needle Storm*

*King DeDeDe’s Waddle Dees can also be pushed away while they are on the ground*

I'm still testing and this list can be changed and/or added to if needed.
I was looking through the Mario boards and I found this; all of this was apparently found by ???????. Everything ??????? has works, but Mr. Game & Watch's Chef could be added to the list. I don't know if this stuff needs to be added or not because I'm still kind of new to the boards.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Yes. Being able to cause any opponent who out prioritizes you to lag is a good thing. New Mario AT? The FLLAG (lol)?

cHooKay

Smash Journeyman
You should change your description next to the intense characters (the 'don't even bother' part), I've KO'd a lucario using FLUDD on his upb, halted a rob in mid air close enough for him to get KO'd by a usmash, FLUDD a metaknight spamming his tornado during its ending free fall for a KO, did the same thing to Kirby like i did to ROB, and the FLUDD helped me from being completely ***** by G&W's fair and bair.

Mario's Fludd can be virtually be applied towards any character given the situation. You shouldn't discourage people from using it only for certain characters, though you can still rate the difficulty of it like you have already done.

Sorry about that ranting though, this is nice thread for those who have no clue as to how to use FLuDD...
Good job.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
You call that a rant? Hah, I've been chewed out hundreds of times in different forums.
I changed it though, as I do see your point. I also put Lucario from Intense to Hard after playing around with FLUDD a bit. Screwing up the starting of Up-B can definitely open up some options.

I was looking through the Mario boards and I found this; all of this was apparently found by ???????. Everything ??????? has works, but Mr. Game & Watch's Chef could be added to the list. I don't know if this stuff needs to be added or not because I'm still kind of new to the boards.
I don't want to contest with any stickies already up, so I'll just put a link to that thread.

Yes. Being able to cause any opponent who out prioritizes you to lag is a good thing. New Mario AT? The FLLAG (lol)?
Hah, I actually like that name, but there should probably be a discussion about the name or something before anything is set in stone.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
FLlag would be more grammatically correct, but FLLAG looks better.

All Mario mains report here for the naming of the new AT?

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
lol. FLLAG ***** GW! That's one top tier opposition cut halfway down to Mario's size.

FLLAG does sound alright though.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Added FLLAG (Name is still up for discussion, just wanted to put it up front) and a Misc section for the FLUDD Weight and Projectile stuff.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
That's a start.

EDIT: Certainly better than FLLAG too (It's a codename, leave me alone XD). I'll wait for more input before changing it though.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
FIHL is fine by me. I came up with FLLAG because I couldn't think of anything else.

Also...

Freaking Laggity-lag Lagging Attack that's Gay.

FLLAG stands for something :<

Top Bottom