• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Sunshine: The Guide to Using FLUDD and Cape

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Just a few things to add:

Ness and Lucas can also be Fludd KOed when using Pk Flash and PK Freeze respectively.

Also, Lucas' Zap Jump isn't very Fluddable. Just pointing that out.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Updated the FLUDD KO list, changed FLLAG to FIHL, and added Metaknight to the FIHL List.

Let's try to focus on seeing what is effected by FIHL. If this can be used reguarly then the world will be seeing a more dangerous Mario.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Updated the FLUDD KO list, changed FLLAG to FIHL, and added Metaknight to the FIHL List.

Let's try to focus on seeing what is effected by FIHL. If this can be used reguarly then the world will be seeing a more dangerous Mario.
Anything that can outpriorize or has about the same priority as a fireball is susceptable to FIHL. You aim for hit boxes too, so say CF uses his knee you can aim for the sweetspot to cause FIHL.

Matt07

Smash Master
Yea, I just fought a G&W and like spammed F.L.U.U.D, he actually stopped trying to approach with turtles and f-air! He started playing really defensively using his shield a lot more. Although I still got wrecked by his ground game. I'll add some videos later, on digital camera (bad quality I know :()

Blackbelt

Smash Lord
Yea, I just fought a G&W and like spammed F.L.U.U.D, he actually stopped trying to approach with turtles and f-air! He started playing really defensively using his shield a lot more. Although I still got wrecked by his ground game. I'll add some videos later, on digital camera (bad quality I know :()
Anything that takes a G&W out of his comfort zone is good by me.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So...

Could the FIHL be the counter to moves with high priority?

I'm going to try to test out the FIHL and find out all the attacks that it causes to lag sometimes soon.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
It works especially well with Marth's f-air, so I'll add that onto the list

Could the FIHL be the counter to moves with high priority?
Yep. This can be the counter to aerial-happy Snakes too.

Matt07

Smash Master
Here's my videos versus the Game and Watch.

The first match isn't really that good, I didn't incorporate FLUUD enough. But here is it for those who are interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7chwbPW1to&fmt=18

The second match I used FLUUD a bit more but still got wrecked, but the third match I was using FLUUD way better, and much more often then I was in those two matches. Unfortunately, it was over 3 minutes so I couldn't record it :(. But here is the second match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VKTo2X4lIw&fmt=18

Edit: Yet again FLUUD is amazing against Game and Watch's aerials, abuse it. I couldn't believe that it would, but now I see why they were right.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord

The first match isn't really that good, I didn't incorporate FLUUD enough. But here is it for those who are interested

The second match I used FLUUD a bit more but still got wrecked, but the third match I was using FLUUD way better, and much more often then I was in those two matches. Unfortunately, it was over 3 minutes so I couldn't record it :(. But here is the second match.

Edit: Yet again FLUUD is amazing against Game and Watch's aerials, abuse it. I couldn't believe that it would, but now I see why they were right.
I'd like to say "I told you so" but....ah, what the heck. I TOLD YOU SO!!!

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
lawl.

Thanks for the vids Matt. Sadly I can't watch them right now cause I have to leave for a meeting. I'll get back to them though.

Neb

Smash Lord

That G&W was horrible, tbh.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Added Monk's GIF in the Misc section. ;)

Matt, think you can crop one part of your match with G&W using FIHL successfully as an example?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Erm... a video editor like Windows Movie Maker would work. Just crop it to a part where you get a FIHL off and successfully punish in doing so, then save and put it on Youtube.

Matt07

Smash Master
Okay, I have a 5 second clip, that should do it. Now if only Windows Movie Maker supported the format. I will try to get around it, and post it up soon.

Edit: Whoops well I was supposed to show him getting punished. But we both got punished to I guess it still counts. I punish him with down smash, it's really hard to notice. The video is almost done.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I just watched the videos (Yeah, I'm that lazy) and yeah, there's no clear indication of a successful punish of FIHL. It worked, but there's not much of a follow-up. I'll still take it though since it's the best we got so far.

I wish you were able to record the third battle. :( Get homebrew now!

Matt07

Smash Master
I just watched the videos (Yeah, I'm that lazy) and yeah, there's no clear indication of a successful punish of FIHL. It worked, but there's not much of a follow-up. I'll still take it though since it's the best we got so far.

I wish you were able to record the third battle. :( Get homebrew now!
Haha I should though, but first I need a Dazzle DVD Recorder. Here's the .gif though. It's not too bad :(. Ugh, how long does it take for a 5 second video to process. Sorry this is taking extremely long to process it will hopefully be done shortly.

Edit: Here is the video, it's about 5 seconds long, haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POlStY8fysI

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Nice work. It's not very clear, but it gets the general point across. I'll add it onto the front page.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Bump.

I'll be using the reserved post to add a Cape section since we don't have a Cape guide. Expect it sometime from today to tomorrow.

I'm too lazy to do match-ups.

Matt07

Smash Master
Bump.

I'll be using the reserved post to add a Cape section since we don't have a Cape guide. Expect it sometime from today to tomorrow.

I'm too lazy to do match-ups.
Nice, I can't wait until this is finished :bee:. Maybe I should p/m a mod to come sticky this?

Matt07

Smash Master
Yay, it got a stickied, thanks again, Mic_128.

Edit: If you need me do some testing out, I'll be glad to help. With the Cape, or FLUUD.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Just to throw this out there, you can use a backwards SH directly into the FLUDD. Just one more way to abuse FIHL and space at the same time. Also, the cape is a nice follow up from FIHL. Following up from FIHL is just as important as knowing how to abuse the technique itself.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Wow, I said I'd update this but I didn't. I'll get it done tomorrow though since I'm completely free from classes.

As for everyone else, yeah, it'd be awesome if you guys can make vid examples of the techniques and general use of FLUDD. I'll also be needing it when I eventually finish the Cape section (which is coming soon).

On a side note: FIHL is awesome against Marth.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Wow, I said I'd update this but I didn't. I'll get it done tomorrow though since I'm completely free from classes.

As for everyone else, yeah, it'd be awesome if you guys can make vid examples of the techniques and general use of FLUDD. I'll also be needing it when I eventually finish the Cape section (which is coming soon).

On a side note: FIHL is awesome against Marth.
It's also works nicely on Luigi and G&W.

BTW, someone needs to talk about the downwards cape glide.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
The cape section is almost done. I'm about halfway through and just have to organize all the techniques.

I'm kinda irritated due to other nuisances in life, and I need a break, but I should get this done before the day ends. Granted, if nothing comes up like a Brawl meeting with friends.

I'll update the FIHL list now though.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
After being a slave to my computer, the cape section is done. I hope I'm accurate with everything, but if I'm not, be sure to tell me what I should fix. For now, I'm tired as hell and I wanna go to bed, lol.

But first, I've been getting some questions about what you guys should do to help me out. Essentially, I can use both videos and visual aid to help, but mainly videos.

I need videos for the specfic techniques on both FLUDD and Cape (especially for Downards Cape Glide). The general uses for them are easy enough, but it's the techs specifically that I need.

Pictures like Monk's GIF is just to make my guide look pretty, lol.

Now, I'm going to freaken bed.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
IDK, should cape teleportation be added onto the cape section? Cape teleportation is considered useless but it hasn't been explored much.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Well, it's in the game, so I guess I'll add it on later when I wake up.

*truly goes to bed now*

Top Bottom