• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mario Sunshine: The Guide to Using FLUDD and Cape

D.mann

Smash Cadet
Mario cape glide is very useful ty whoever invitededed, but i just gotta get used to doing it a wierd ledges like yoshis island and stuff... yeah ty anyway :p

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Dear Mario's:

Hello! I am a Pikachu main from the Pika section. My bro secondaries Mario quite well and in melee it was his main, and we found out neat team quirks that use the same tricks of FLUDD that i see here.

As for the video of lagging someone's move, I think the team AT of pikachu (Thunder matrix) would fit the description of using FLUDD to lag and/or to help team combo's. Thunder has invincibility during the hitbox portion, so most moves that hit pikachu's thunder lag thunder more than lagging normal attacks. My bro, friend, and I basically combined this property of thunder with mario's FLUDD and the result is.... BEAUTIFUL! It not only lags thunder, but also the blue hitbox of hurt lasts AS LONG as the pikachu is lagged.

I am still testing the pushing of a teamate off and having him/her using a n-air with the fludd momentum but also using fludd's later end of the water stream to lag the n-air long enough to hit any airdodging opponent. What do you think? I love my bro and all Mario players. PIka and Mario FTW! I hope you could use the lag video with the one with G&W since the lag looks longer and is applied in team combat.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3xzQvawR7E
Matrix Thunder thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203797

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu (LDPK), a fledgeling smashboards'er

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Dear Mario's:

Hello! I am a Pikachu main from the Pika section. My bro secondaries Mario quite well and in melee it was his main, and we found out neat team quirks that use the same tricks of FLUDD that i see here.

As for the video of lagging someone's move, I think the team AT of pikachu (Thunder matrix) would fit the description of using FLUDD to lag and/or to help team combo's. Thunder has invincibility during the hitbox portion, so most moves that hit pikachu's thunder lag thunder more than lagging normal attacks. My bro, friend, and I basically combined this property of thunder with mario's FLUDD and the result is.... BEAUTIFUL! It not only lags thunder, but also the blue hitbox of hurt lasts AS LONG as the pikachu is lagged.

I am still testing the pushing of a teamate off and having him/her using a n-air with the fludd momentum but also using fludd's later end of the water stream to lag the n-air long enough to hit any airdodging opponent. What do you think? I love my bro and all Mario players. PIka and Mario FTW! I hope you could use the lag video with the one with G&W since the lag looks longer and is applied in team combat.

Sincerely,
Nice, you can also do this with Snake's mines.

Matt07

Smash Master
I'm fairly certain it does...Pokemon Trainers should test it out.

Matador your signature is like Mmac's except One Serious Mario, instead of One Serious Yoshi :laugh:.

Matt07

Smash Master
Giving this good thread some love. We should all do some testing with FLUUD and see if we can find anything more.

Famous

Smash Champion
Dear Mario's:

Sincerely,

Saw you at C3, you have a pretty good pikachu...Nice find.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
HeroMystic, I'm thinking of making a list of characters that Mario can Utilt lock and up to what percentages, want to help?

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I will if I can, but in about ten minutes I have to leave and return a Wiimote I borrowed just so I can turn on my Wii... since I lost mine in a tournament and I have yet to get it back. <_<

Oh, and I need to put up Cape Dashing and CILL

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Well, I found out today that MK cannot be Utilt locked at all, he can get with his Nair after one hit.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
I think most characters last about 3-4 hits before they can get released from the U-tilt lock
Yah, but I need to confirm who it works on, plus on some characters you can still do Utilt to grab like with Sheik's tilt lock.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Ok just fought a Ness player in a tourney and it's 4 hits for him.

Can't wait for Bowser though :D. He's gotta take so many U-tilts.
If Ness SDIs he can get out with his Nair after the second hit, but you can still follow-up with an Up B; with stale move negation, that's still like a free 25 dmg.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
>_> That's not a good thing to say.
It's a parody off of the stereotypical noob who thinks FLUDD sucks. No one on the Mario boards honestly thinks FLUDD sucks; at worst, some people just don’t like using it.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
>_> That's not a good thing to say.
Don't take it literally and think about it for a moment.

In any case, updated the cape section. Adding Cape Induced Landing Lag and Cape Dashing.

*looks at Metagame Analysis and head-drops* More work ahead for me...

EDIT: After playing a good Sonic for once, I switched Sonic from "Hard" to "Intense". That guy can recover from ANYTHING.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i know this is a bit off topic, but do all the same rules for flood apply to Squirtle?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
hmmmm what about actually using FLUDD/WG to block of the edge, for all those ppl who like to recover under the stage, by actually jumping and doing a turnaround B?

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
hmmmm what about actually using FLUDD/WG to block of the edge, for all those ppl who like to recover under the stage, by actually jumping and doing a turnaround B?
I could see that working in some cases since FLUDD would push their momemtum back and going over there to cape for gimping. However, that's not going to work for someone like Peach's recovery since FLUDDing Peach actually makes her higher. I'd also like to add that I never thought of doing something like that. I think I should be more of a risk-taker with Mario. He does like to live life on the edge. :laugh:

Top Bottom