• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Extra Inch DI! NO MORE MARTH SUPER Regrab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Epic discovery.

So does anyone know exactly how to do it? I looked and so far the theories are hold C or tap it. Which exactly works?

From what I've tested, B-sticking naturally inputs a TILT, but if you smash the C-stick, it gives you a smash effect, which is why thundershifting works with B-stick. It may work, but I cant test it still. I lack a wii.

Marth cannot do anymore chaingrabs to Ness. Dsmash yes, but then if Marths get the idea of dsmash after every grab, we can DI inwards to get a sourspot dsmash and IIRC, that doesnt KO until VERY high percents.

Charizard can still get Ness I see...
Oh well whatever. PTs are rar and Ness still has a good matchup to Charizard. With the SGB, his CG does only about 15% anyways.

If Sonic can really CG Ness, it wont matter much. It covers a huge distance and with SGB, you will be breaking out before you take much damage at all.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I know exactly how to do it I discovered it, Simna learned how to do it when I posted it.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I know this is a nice discovery and all, and I'm not going to argue this doesn't work... But a video of a Marth that doesn't Shield in between grabs would be more convincing. Any Ness can walk out of a Release Grab if Marth isn't correctly timing his Grab, or mashing it fast enough, so he doesn't Shield.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Marth's grab can't reach Ness at all. I tested this over and over, Without this DI Marth can Re grab, No timing of the Marth grabs perfectly will ruin this tech from not working. The grab just doesn't reach Ness at all.

Even when the Marth is timing the grab perfectly he can't reach Ness, I tested it with better timing over and over.

Yes the video does look kind of weird because Ness walks away, I did walking accidentally. If you noticed the only time I taunted was when I did it correctly.

Also if you grab release a Ness DIing any other way he is still in grab range. Ness slides to far to be re grabbed.

Actually just to elaborate Marth can grab before Ness puts a shield up and he will not reach Ness. The grab will go without grabbing Ness.

And even if Marth flashes his shield when doing it without this DI he can still perfectly grab Ness.

Even if Marth may have mistimed in the video this DI does allow Ness to escape even with perfect timing.

Don't worry Ulevo, I got this tested perfectly

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Marth's grab can't reach Ness at all. I tested this over and over, Without this DI Marth can Re grab, No timing of the Marth grabs perfectly will ruin this tech from not working. The grab just doesn't reach Ness at all.

Even when the Marth is timing the grab perfectly he can't reach Ness, I tested it with better timing over and over.

Yes the video does look kind of weird because Ness walks away, I did walking accidentally. If you noticed the only time I taunted was when I did it correctly.

Also if you grab release a Ness DIing any other way he is still in grab range. Ness slides to far to be re grabbed.

Actually just to elaborate Marth can grab before Ness puts a shield up and he will not reach Ness. The grab will go without grabbing Ness.

And even if Marth flashes his shield when doing it without this DI he can still perfectly grab Ness.

Even if Marth may have mistimed in the video this DI does allow Ness to escape even with perfect timing.

Don't worry Ulevo, I got this tested perfectly
Kick *** quote.

Ulevo is a cool guy, I remember ( I was a lurker) when everyone stupidly thought Ness was infinited by everyone, he reassured everyone.

Irsic

Smash Ace
This now requires Lucas testing so we both can step on Marth's face.

Amazing find, hope it holds more water than just for Ness.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
This now requires Lucas testing so we both can step on Marth's face.

Amazing find, hope it holds more water than just for Ness.
Lucas doesn't get infinited by Marth does he?

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
Are you sure that Marth can't dash grab ness still? I'd really like to see that.. It's not an infinite, but its still a chain grab across the stage that puts you into an edgeguarded situation
It works..Dtilt or upsmash if they want to run at you. I just do a dtilt than roll back. Thank you Ref. Your my new Hero

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Is it impossible to do it with Wii-remote, right?
(Someone asked me this question, I play with GC controllers only)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Sadly no this will not help you force a ground break...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yes. You can mash buttons and it is a very good option.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Some reason when I held both sticks diagnolly up I was still getting grabbed...what was I doing wrong?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
A lot of people are having problems with this... Try slightly up. Also... if your control stick is very wobbly this could cost you according the thesage who can't do it with his controller.

Masky

Smash Master
I haven't gotten this to work consistently yet but can it help avoid Snake's tilts from grab release?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I don't know the range on snake's tilts are so long... It will help you escape many attacks out of grabs though.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
this doesn't help you get out of the grab release because no marth player is gonna see that and go "oh well." When I played marth, I would walk forward after each grab release in case they did a jump break, EVERY marth I know does that as well. its nice to know that you can get that TINY bit more spacing, but its not as helpful as you think

PKNintendo

Smash Master
this doesn't help you get out of the grab release because no marth player is gonna see that and go "oh well." When I played marth, I would walk forward after each grab release in case they did a jump break, EVERY marth I know does that as well. its nice to know that you can get that TINY bit more spacing, but its not as helpful as you think
No offense but your post is idiotic. I don't understand what you mean.

drunk captain falcom mains. Facepalm

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yeah, walking forward will not let you regrab and if they jump break they are out of it with a DJ or just moving away...

That post made no sense sorry.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
This refers to the grab-release Ness and Lucas has. They can't do anything during the release. The EIDI only helps them escape attacks by moving further back.

Smash Cadet
Regardless of whether or nolt the attack actually came out, I was just wondering if the initial frames would provide enough boost to get him out of range. But thanks for the info, being the only player in my house I can't usually test out things like this that require two people or one person switching controlers really fast.

Irsic

Smash Ace
lol@ the players just trying to debunk this with logic.

It's like their pissed an infinite has been debunked. It's not like they still can't dsmash you, or some other bs.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Only dsmash works. Maybe even a tilt. But the only real danger is dsmash. It's almost like the fsmash Wario had on Ness (yes EIDI can be used to escape it now according to PK Nintendo).

@102892
I mean that you can't even start an attack, let alone PK Fire. The boost starts when Lucas shouts the attack IIRC, which isn't started when grab-released. EIDI would be enough to escape Marth's everything for Lucas I suppose (not entirely sure), and every dangerous attack save for dsmash for Ness.

Levitas

the moon
I haven't had any success getting any more of a boost with Lucas. EIDI doesn't seem to escape anything with lucas, so pretty much Lucas and ness are about on the same level of getting wrecked at the moment.

Except that Lucas does worse against Marth in general.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
Yeah, walking forward will not let you regrab and if they jump break they are out of it with a DJ or just moving away...

That post made no sense sorry.
my bad, I was high as ****, and because I'm too lazy to quote that other guy, no I'm not a falcon main, nor do I play him, I don't even play brawl anymore.

anyways, I just meant that you can walk forward to regrab, and even with the extra DI you CAN regrab. I don't know why I was talking about jumpbreaks lol. at either rate, its not THAT helpful unfortunately, like some guy said before me, you can just throw out a smash or something.

Fact is, Ness and Lucas suck, play MK

Gaussis

Smash Ace
Ref tested this already. There's no more chaingrab. It's only grab-release to dsmash now (which is bad, but not as bad as it originally was).

StevenMctoweleee

Smash Rookie
Someone mind testing this with B-stick, i've tried to do it, but unfortunately failed (with B-stick), probably because i have no clue to properly do it xD

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Yeah it seems harder to do with B sticking or just impossible. Keep fooling around with the angles on the up and in. It hasn't really been tested with B sticking.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
JUST AN UPDATE: Sorry for double post but this was necessary

As I tested further with this I found out that the sticks should not be in the exact position meaning have one slightly lower than the other(C stick lower)... I've been doing this naturally with my fingers... They are kind of weird I guess.

Ulevo

Smash Master

This has nothing to do with how far Ness slides. Marth is able to grab Ness while he is sliding, and that is exactly why this Release Grab works. Ness may go out of range after he slides, but while he is sliding, his hurt box is stretched forward and exposed enough to be grabbed again. If Marth shields, he wastes time, and the Ness will finish sliding before he can grab him. That's why your video example is bad. Not because you walk away.

I cannot see this actually working until a real video of a Marth doing this properly is posted up.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for this to work. But I'd like to be reassured it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom