• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ike 2008 Superlatives

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Due to popular demand/me having not much else to do since I have this terrible cold (:() it has been decided for us to have a 2008 awards "ceremony", if you will. Essentially, there are several categories that are preset and you simply nominate or confirm people for that category. If you wish, you may also add additional categories during your nomination process.

Best Ike

Best Online Ike

Most Creative Ike

The Coolest Ike

Best:
Default Color Ike
Blue Ike
Green Ike
Red Ike
Gold Ike
Tan Ike

Best Spiker

Most inspirational Ike

Most Caustic Ike

Best Contributor

Best Ike Combo Video

Most Inspirational

Best Ike Match

n00biest Ike

biggest flamer

Manliest Ike

Best thread

Best post

Most helpful

Most annoying

Biggest let down

Best Defense/ Mindgame Ike

Funniest Ike

Favorite Board (who we get along with)

Least Favorite Board (Should be obvious)

Best Ike Moment

My brain is out of categories, so if you would be so kind so as to provide more, that'd be pretty nice.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
1) Best Ike under what terms? Azen and NL are both amazing ikes but don't main him. Alukard is a ridiculously good ike but rarely if ever plays brawl. Kirk has the best tournament placings but it's the midwest, silven and I never place well but it's the hardest region in the country.

2) Ren

3) NL Silven or Myself probably.

4) Combo king

Kirk
Alukard
Ussi because no one else plays the color
Myself or Silven
Ninjalink
And you forgot tan.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I vote Burrito for most inspirational.

He flames you, granted, but it's the kind that makes you want to prove him wrong.

XACE-K

Smash Master
idk who to nominate but I have some other categories.

Best Contributor

Best Ike Combo Video

Most Inspirational

Best Ike Match

n00biest Ike

I'll try to think of more later.

Marauder

Smash Journeyman
Nah, last video I saw of Azen, he used the default.

1. Not at liberty to say...
2. Don't know.
3. Same as Ryko's post.
4. RoK the Reaper!!!!

Default - Kirk
Blue - Alukard
Green - ...
Red - Silven or Ryko
Gold - NinjaLink
Tan - Griever.

Best Spiker - Ryko.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
1) Best Ike under what terms? Azen and NL are both amazing ikes but don't main him. Alukard is a ridiculously good ike but rarely if ever plays brawl. Kirk has the best tournament placings but it's the midwest, silven and I never place well but it's the hardest region in the country.
kirk has placed in the east cost as well. He traveled there a few months ago and he lived there when brawl came out. Plus I don't think the mid west is that bad AZ is from the east cost and he lost to OS in a recent tournament.

best online: bored

most creative: ryko

coolest Ike: ???

Default Color Ike: kirk
Blue Ike: alukard
Green Ike : I use green now =)
Red Ike: silven
Gold Ike : ninjalink
Tan Ike : ???

Best Spiker : ryko

you can always add things like biggest flamer(lol), manliest Ike, Best thread, best post, most helpful, most annoying, biggest let down, and now I'm out of ideas. There where a lot in the general discussion.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Spoilers: Back when brawl came out, Ike was good. A lacking metagame and the habits of players not being well developed at that point made ike the best "kill per **** up" ratio in the game. Rochester may as well be a part of canada for how often anyone except jesiah actually plays/contends with the actual atlantic north. If you can't count past 5 the number of people in a tournament (let alone a whole region) that actually pose a threat, and one of them is basically your doubles partner, it may as well be a local everywhere you go and said 5-6 people should never come in below 5th anyway. The only region with less contending pressure is possibly atlantic south.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Best American Ike and Best Non-American Ike. You can do that. You also do best new Ike player.

Default: Kirk
Blue: Alukard
Link wanna beGreen: AB
Red: me Silven
Gold: Ninjalink
Tan: Who on earth uses Tan?

Best Spiker: Ryko
Biggest Flamer: AB
Manliest Ike: Me. I have a flipping beard, hair down to my shoulders, look like Jesus apparently and I'm Canadian.
Best thread: .........Too many to choose from.
Most Annoying: CK
Biggest Let Down: Every single "Quick Drawl Cancel?" topic.
Best American Ike: Either Ninjalink or Silven....
Best Non-American Ike: [bias]Me[/bias]. I have trouble thinking of other non-american Ikes. Sue me.

XACE-K

Smash Master
Tan: Who on earth uses Tan?
Griever, some other person,
me.

Some other ideas:

Funniest Ike

Favorite Board (who we get along with)

Least Favorite Board (Should be obvious)

Best Ike Moment

I think some of these are a bit overkill but whatever categories Light wants, he can use.

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
Control + C -> Control + V

I think that's enough categories, just vote and I'll put totals up tomorrow.

XACE-K

Smash Master
When I said 'should be obvious', I meant as in the situation that occurred a couple months ago involving another board over a match-up ratio. But if you want, you can leave it like that.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Best Online Ike: Renegade

Most Creative Ike: Ninjalink or Myself

Best:
Default Color Ikez - Kirk
Blue Ike - Alukard
Green Ike - AB
Red Ike - Silven or Myself
Gold Ike - Ninjalink
Tan Ike - Griever

Best Spiker - Myself

Most inspirational Ike - Kirk

Most Caustic Ike - AB

Best Contributor - Kirk

Best Ike Match - Griever (Tan) vs Hitori (Gold)

n00biest Ike - CK

biggest flamer - Myself (AB is blunt but I'll just flat out call someone an idiot)

Best thread - Ashunera's Library

Best post - Whichever one caused kirk and myself to say blasphemy at the same time on AIM, I forget.

Most helpful - Kirk

Most annoying - Combo King

YagamiLight

Smash Champion
When I said 'should be obvious', I meant as in the situation that occurred a couple months ago involving another board over a match-up ratio. But if you want, you can leave it like that.
Yeah, I just CPed it. I think we all know what board it is.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
stop trying to get your self a momment for flaming CK salty. No one should be nominating them selfs lol. (Maybe for color but thats it)

Spoilers: Back when brawl came out, Ike was good. A lacking metagame and the habits of players not being well developed at that point made ike the best "kill per **** up" ratio in the game. Rochester may as well be a part of canada for how often anyone except jesiah actually plays/contends with the actual atlantic north. If you can't count past 5 the number of people in a tournament (let alone a whole region) that actually pose a threat, and one of them is basically your doubles partner, it may as well be a local everywhere you go and said 5-6 people should never come in below 5th anyway. The only region with less contending pressure is possibly atlantic south.
How long do you think it took to figure out Ike? IIRC kirk placed in the EC up until may. Well I still think kirk is the best Ike the other people who have potential don't use him in tournaments :(

I'm far from the best Ike doom dragon.

I didn't know what caustic meant so I looked up and it seems I do have a chance of winning final smash 5 =P Caustic :capable of burning, corroding, or destroying living tissue

Most inspirational Ike Kirk/silven (that first combo video was too good back then)

Best Contributor : kirk/ryko

Best Ike Combo Video: Crimean Sonata

n00biest Ike: nitnendo

biggest flamer: ryko/falcon V. (if he still count)

Manliest Ike: kirk http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZzENSllFTY (just listen to that voice, says my DI is to pro at 1:45)

Best post: umbreon banning steeler (only one that comes to mind might change it)

Most annoying: RoK

Biggest let down: Ryko quiting

Funniest Ike: salty

Favorite Board (who we get along with) : mario

Least Favorite Board (Should be obvious): any of the pokemon will do

I didn't answer every category because I couldn't think of stuff I'll look trough some to see if I find anything.

Lex Crunch

Smash Journeyman
I should have been more active and found a way to record AV in high quality so I could get included in this. I bet I totally could have, too.

Oh, I nominate Yagami Light and Ryko for most helpful,

Kirk for best Ike,

Arturito for everything else in a positive light,

and RoK can have the rest XD

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Spoilers: Back when brawl came out, Ike was good. Rochester may as well be a part of canada for how often anyone except jesiah actually plays/contends with the actual atlantic north.
Right now, so true. Arena51 is still in some financial trouble, too =/ There's only 1 other Ike mainer I even know there.

Anyways

funniest Ike: Arturito_Burrito
I assume all the best ____ Ikes are identical anyways

=)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
How long do you think it took to figure out Ike? IIRC kirk placed in the EC up until may.
My point is that rochester is about as "EC" as michigan is. No one from the region actually plays against the tough players from EC except maybe jesiah, and I'm only going by word of mouth on that since he mentions playing m2k here and there. I'd say may is about when things started getting bad for ike since it's about the time silven stopped getting even as high as 13th in tournaments (which in NY, is ****ing hard to do), and about the point NL left him strictly for friendlies (and about the point azen's lucario took center stage in his character repertoire). Kirk is just that much better than the entirety of the midwest, where I can come up with a grand total of 4-6 people that might be a worry (and only one and a half of them play characters that might be considered true trouble for ike [bowyer's meta knight and I guess if lain decided to go d3, but to my knowledge lain tends to hit the upstate ny/canada side of tournaments]). To add to that, one of the people who comes to mind was kirk's doubles partner for the better part of half a year.

Now go through the character roster and tell me the number of characters whose best player(s) don't live within a tournament drive's worth of ny/nj.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Best Ike Hard to say, but I pick Kirk.

Best Online Ike renegade.

Most Creative Ike Rykoshet, jab -> BAir is way too good and coming up with walk-off DAir has helped more than one Ike, I'm sure

The Coolest Ike Ninjalink, his Ike is so fun to watch

Best:
Default Color Ike - Kirk
Blue Ike - Alukard
Green Ike - ...? *reads thread* Arturito
Red Ike - Rykoshet
Gold Ike - Ninjalink
Tan Ike - Greiver

Best Spiker Rykoshet

Most inspirational Ike - Kirk

Most Caustic Ike - Arturito; Rykoshet doesn't post as much

Best Contributor - Kirk

Best Ike Combo Video - I personally think it's a tie between Crimean Sonata and Power Hungry, but I'll go with Power Hungry because of the music choice, length, and the "WTF" DAirs

Best Ike Match - Hitori (Gold Ike) vs. Griever (RED Ike) 11/04/08 Match 2of3

n00biest Ike - in terms of posts or skill? Not putting anything here.

biggest flamer - Rykoshet; Arturito criticizes, not flames.

Manliest Ike - no vote

Best thread - The Q&A thread, it's probably the oldest active thread on the boards, plus it has links to other VERY useful threads.

Best post - no vote

Most helpful - helpful as in information-wise or friendly? Kirk for information, Empy friendly

Biggest let down - Rykoshet quitting

Best Defense/ Mindgame Ike - no vote

Funniest Ike - no vote

Favorite Board (who we get along with) - no vote

Least Favorite Board (Should be obvious) - no vote

Best Ike Moment - when Crimean Sonata came out

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
I should have been more active and found a way to record AV in high quality so I could get included in this. I bet I totally could have, too.

Oh, I nominate Yagami Light and Ryko for most helpful,

Kirk for best Ike,

Arturito for everything else in a positive light,

and RoK can have the rest XD
hell yah I'm the best blue,red,green,purple,gold,brown, and original Ike!!

edit: @ ryko well kirk placed in NY city IIRC falcon was saying something about there being no pros there once and that being the only reason (lol)

Also jigglypuff? Ness? lucas? I'm just guessing here though.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
@ ryko well kirk placed in NY city IIRC falcon was saying something about there being no pros there once and that being the only reason
Definitely not in NYC, Rochester is in new york state, western new york.

Jigglypuff has a 3 notable players on the east coast, ness has a notable player in nyc (hell, it's the guy who found out how to get out of marth's infinite), and no one plays lucas wtf >_>

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
can't sleep and school starts tomorrow =\.

Pretty funny how some people don't consider me a flamer, next time another board calls me out on it I'm going to link this thread and a few posts =)

Jinkwai

Smash Apprentice
can't sleep and school starts tomorrow =\.

Pretty funny how some people don't consider me a flamer, next time another board calls me out on it I'm going to link this thread and a few posts =)
It think it depends how you define a flame. Sometimes your just critical to a point where it's potentially offensive. I wouldn't necessarily say flamer...

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Burrito how dare you steal my color! I've been green Ike since Brawl come out!

I nominate Light: The award giver

Edit: Burrtio get up here in Jersey and we'll see who has the better green Ike!

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ryko for best reverse Fire Emblem combo... I think he's the only good Ike who 2nds Marth lool (It's mostly the other way around if at all)

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
lol the o.g. ikes here have forgotten me..

best flame by far: xYz vs Rok the reaper
& : xYz vs random ike scrubs who thought they were hot ****.

gold: xyz

best ikes by far: Silven/NinjaLink/Kirk/xYz

yes i nominate my self on everything cuz im hot ****.. i've walked the walk.

GET AT ME!:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass:mad:

Wanderer7

Smash Rookie
Most Creative Ike
whoever discovered Stun Jacket, and Counter draw

The Coolest Ike
all Ikes who don't c stick set to smash and spam the c stick.

Best Spiker
Ganondorf :p

Best Contributor
YLight, AB

Best Ike Combo Video
Kirk's and Silven's

Best Ike Match
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjlnLjzIIzg&feature=channel_page

biggest flamer
charizard + bowser
AB?

Best thread
SBR tier list (i kick my crew's butt in Brawl consistently using a character at least 2 tiers lower than their character; and the lower Ike gets, the better it looks for me)

Best Ike Moment
3 kill Fsmash moments

Top Bottom