• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Phoenix Era and PC Chris Presents: "G.I.M.P.E.D. 2" MELEE EXCLUSIVE!!!! Updates Soon!

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
PHOENIX ERA and PC Chris PRESENTS: "G.I.M.P.E.D. 2"

Giant Insane Monthly Phoenix Era Domination

G.I.M.P.E.D. 1 - about 90 brawl singles entrants, 40 brawl teams, 30 melee singles entrants and 15 melee teams. GREAT TOURNAMENT!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223083

Next in Series: TBA

G.I.M.P.E.D. 2 - April ????? - *Get this* Melee exclusive!!!! Co hosted By PC Chris

I have always wanted to do a MELEE only tournament and i love giving to the melee community. I know alot of brawlers will be upset but i am sure they wont mind for GIMPED 3 LOL

G.I.M.P.E.D. 3 - June ????? - National Size - 2 days - ECRC #4???

Updates will come...... stay tuned.

Kai973

Smash Journeyman
I will probably be there as long as we dont get a snowstorm on that day or the day before. I can bring everything except for a tv and GC but ill get back to you when I'm more sure of my attendance. BTW that venue fee seems pretty steep but if it includes cheaply priced pizza I guess its cool with me.

Eaode

Smash Champion
LOL just ask off work early and lie. say you have to have dinner with a girl LMAO
This, is actually a fantastic idea for anyone that has work. Heed this, guys; No work johns

No girl johns either, you play smash ffs.
loljk

Anyway, I will almost CERTAINLY be there. (haven't asked yet but my parents should be chill with it.)

If I'm coming I'm rocking a Cube with Melee. A tv if I can convince my mom this time (not likely).

I'm so excited to see another tourney, with an assumed better TO, who cares about Melee and with MELEE GOING FIRST. This **** better be big.

PS. This thing should be completely segregated i.e. Brawl only upstairs and Melee only downstairs. Just an idea.

EDIT: Shorten the banner at the bottom of your post. It's stretching out the thread, and it's just empty space

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Well hopefully Gmoney will come early if he is this time.

hmm but with things more dedicated to their slot time wise, perhaps Melee can really finish pretty early if it starts on time, especially cause the games won't take 5 min a shot usually.

Vanill4

Smash Cadet
I may be able to go to this, I'll talk to everyone at Stony Brook and see what's up. Valentine's Day may not be the greatest for some, but I'll see.

EDIT: It doesn't say in the rules that Fountain of Dreams and Mute City are banned for Melee teams, which they should be.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Valentine's day is bad for people....

Sunday is naturally bad for some people, but the 15th is specifically bad for me because that's my sister's birthday, so if it's the 15th, that's a guaranteed no-show for me.

now that I think about it, my family might have her party on saturday, so that entire weekend is kinda iffy.

I say you should postpone it a week

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Yeah, I miss GT, I really like the venue and I think you're the TO I thought ran it well, so if you could postpone this till the week after, that would be 100% fantabulous

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
i can bring a wii with brawl, i have melee but it wouldnt make sense to just bring my melee.

Eaode

Smash Champion
good stuff we should have a good amount of setups i am not worried about it but it is always good to have more
That was another thing; I told ch33s3 that I had a cube and Melee, and he basically completely ignored me. And I wasn't about to kick people out who were playing Brawl downstairs, so the whole time there was an unused GC in my backpack lol.

This time it'll get used hopefully.

Also $10 venue fee seems a lot, but if it means free/very cheap pizza then I don't mind (spent an extra $5 on pizza + drink last time anyway >_<)

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Sonic is softbanned AGAIN? jesus....ppl really dont want to let me enjoy the game but w/e ill make an apperance anyway. mayb stonybrook will crew battle us this time instead of being terrified.

KnightMare516

Smash Lord
Sonic is softbanned AGAIN? jesus....ppl really dont want to let me enjoy the game but w/e ill make an apperance anyway. mayb stonybrook will crew battle us this time instead of being terrified.
this sentence has LOL written all over. Yo malcolm since sonic is too good u might have to go low tier wario again...

Leacero

Smash Lord
You know what? I'm not even gonna say anything this time and just point you to the last GT results topic. I've already said everything there regarding the crew battle.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Yeah Eao, I had a Wii and my copy of Melee and I was looked at like I had the plague or something. Yeah, maybe I didn't have a copy of brawl. Yeah, maybe I had Homebrew for watching DVDs and not for editing brawl. Maybe I was sitting upside down in a chair and talking in Spanish.

but yeah, awesome sig Eaode.

Leacero

Smash Lord
Justin Wong!!!! Oh My Gaa!! Oh My Gaa!!

@KnightMare: We (as in me and the group I go with from Stony) will definitely be interested in Melee, but Brawl is iffy. I'll join in Brawl if there's still time, but really you'll need to talk about it to the Stony Brook people who care about it like Adumbrodeus or ch33s3 or whoever.

Eaode

Smash Champion
Yeah Eao, I had a Wii and my copy of Melee and I was looked at like I had the plague or something. Yeah, maybe I didn't have a copy of brawl. Yeah, maybe I had Homebrew for watching DVDs and not for editing brawl. Maybe I was sitting upside down in a chair and talking in Spanish.

but yeah, awesome sig Eaode.
Lolz

Maybe we should just have a general crew battle? I'm feeling left out cuz I'm 16 and don't go to college lol

But feel free to not heed my idea, as I'll probably have to leave way before the crew battle anyway <_<;

Top Bottom