• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Smashfest: DBS lost to a LV9 CPU Samus (Tallahassee, FL) (Feb 07th)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Panhandle Brawlfest and Fluxx'd UP! Presents:

Panhandle Brawlfest: DBS lost to a LV9 CPU Samus!

NOW FEATURING NEW EVENTS and NEW PRICES! THIS IS A ONE DAY TOURNAMENT!

We will be offering Doubles and Singles of Both Melee and Brawl, please bring Wii's and TV's so that it can go by much smoother.

A FLUXX'D UP! MEMBERS HOUSE!
101 stadium drive apt 110
Tallahassee FL 32304
(954)618-9548

Febuary 7th

Low-Teir Tournament
Crew Battle Tournament
Brawl Singles
Brawl Doubles
Melee Singles
Melee Doubles

Prices Are as follows
Brawl :Low Tier Singles $5
Brawl :Crew Battle $10 a player
Melee: Singles $5 entry fee
Melee: Doubles $5 entry fee
Brawl: Singles $10 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 entry fee
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Signups start at 10:00AM
Tournament starts at 11:00AM
Begins with Melee Doubles, Followed by Melee Singles, followed by Brawl Doubles, and then finally Brawl Singles . Tournaments

Brawl Doubles will start after Melee Doubles, but no earlier than 12:30pm
Melee Singles will start after Brawl Doubles, but no earlier than 2:00pm
Brawl Singles will start after Melee SIngles, but no earlier than 3:30pm
Low-Tier and Crew Battle Tournaments will run along the Melee events Low teir runs along Melee Doubles and Crew Battle will run along Melee Singles

THIS IS AN ALL DAY EVENT, IF YOU CANNOT STAY THE ENTIRE TIME, DO NOT ENTER AS THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON ENTRY FEES

Featuring
Melee: Singles $5 entry fee
Melee: Doubles $5 entry fee
Brawl: Singles $10 entry fee
Brawl: Doubles $5 entry fee

The pot for each Tournament will be divided like this: If under 40 people in the singles events and for the Doubles tournament (100% of the total pot will be used for the players!)
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 25% of the total pot
3rd: 15% of the total pot

Should we have 40 or more people in the Singles Brackets, the pot distribution will be
1st: 60% of the total pot
2nd: 25% of the total pot
3rd: 10% of the total pot
4th: 5% of the total pot
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Tournament Rules (Singles and Doubles)

General rules
3 stock
7 minutes
No items
Damage Ratio: 1.0
No handicap
Self destruct: -1
·Rounds will consist 2/3 matches double elimination bracket
·The final rounds of loser's winner's and Grand will consist of 3/5 matches
·Controllers will be provided, however to use one of the tourney controllers you must provided photo id and leave it at the desk and your id will be returned to you at the end of the tournament
·Entry fees are non refundable
·Gamecube Controllers, Wiimotes and Wiimote + Nunchucks will be available.
·Meta Knight’s infinite Cape can be used unless for the purposes of stalling, i.e more than 5 seconds
·Sudden Death no longer applies, should a match run out of time, the player with the lowest percent wins the round.
·If you are more than 7 minutes late for your match, you forfiet the set, please try to remain close to the venue during tournament operation
·Custom Controls will be allowed, Provided that you show up early enough to set them up and it comes at a first come, first serve basis
·STANDING INFINTES ARE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Character Rules
·All characters are available for selection and players are free to choose who ever they want, if there is a problem when picking characters, players can call a judge for a double blind pick

Stage Rules

·Stages for the first round will be done by random from the legal nuetral stages

·BEFORE the 1st match of the round BEGINS, both players will say a stage that cannot be picked for the remainder for the round to be selected as a counter pick.
·If the loser of the 1st match wins the 2nd match, then the 3rd match will proceed the same way, except for the declaration of the banned stage.
·Once the Stages have been picked, the winner will pick a new character or stick with their current character, the loser will then pick their character
·Dave’s stupid rule: you cannot counterpick a stage you have won on

·Legal Neutral stages are as follows and are to be used on random:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi’s island (Brawl Version)
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 1

·Legal Counterpick stages are as follows:
Castle Seige
Norfair
Battleship Halberd
Frigate Orpheon
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Great Sea
Luigi’s Mansion
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise

·Banned Stages are as follows:
New Pork City
Mario Bros
75m
Mario Circuit
Port City Aero Dive
Big Blue
Green Hill Zone
Shadow Moses Island
Pictochat
Flatzone 2
Hannebrow
Mushroomy Kingdom
Warioware
Spear Pillar
Rumble Falls
Onett
Yoshi’s Island (Melee version)
Hyrule Temple
Summit
Bridge of Eldin
Distant Planet
Skyworld
Green Greens
Corneria
Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Double's Play
Life Stealing is allowed
Set team attack to ON

Crew Battle Tourament Rules
Follows the same general rules as Brawl SIngles
Crews will consist of Four Players
First Match will be on a random stage
Counterpick rules will be the same as Brawl Singles

Low-Teir Tounrament Rules
Follows the same general rules as Brawl SIngles
Players must play as a Character that falls under the category of Low-Teir that was determined by the SBR, this list is consisted of the following:
27. Lucas
28. Ness
29. Mario
30. Pokémon Trainer
31. Samus
32. Yoshi
33. Sonic
34. Jigglypuff
35. Ganondorf
36. Link
37. Captain Falcon

Super Smash Brothers: Melee

General Rules
Items are set to off
The stock is set to 4
The time limit is set to a minimum of 90 seconds per stock
All sets are best of 3 matches
In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
No player may choose the stage they last won on
Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
Wobbling is allowed except when used to excessively stall a match
The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
*In the event of time constraints 3 stocks may be used
**120 seconds per stock should be considered high priority
Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise
Past Stages: Dream Land
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Dream Land: Green Greens
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar

Banned Stage List
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay
Mushroom Kingdom 1 & 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For any more questions please let me know ASAP! PM me and i try to check this forum at least twice a day! A capture card will be available for brawl singles and doubles, if some one would provide on efor melee so i can get footage on youtube that would be awesome. If you can let me know if you're going now that would be awesome. I hope to see alot of people come out!

THIS IS AN ALL DAY EVENT, IF YOU CANNOT STAY THE ENTIRE TIME, DO NOT ENTER AS THERE ARE NO REFUNDS ON ENTRY FEES

Other than that there are restaurants nearby the venue which include:
Mcdonalds
KFC
Taco Bell
Cici's Pizza
Zaxbys
Various Ethnic Restaurants
Quizno's
Beef O'Brady's
Sonny's

IF YOU COULD, PLEASE RSVP!

I hope to see alot of you there on the 7th, its gonna be a blast, I can't wait! ^_^

Should you desire other arrangements, call/PM me or my crew members and we shall arrange something.

Me (386)847-2728
AWAL (954)618-9548
MrFTW (850)559-2845
LIZARD (407)252-2873
DBS (313)727-4099
8 (850)590-7520
JSSN (239)961-6359

Masky

Smash Master
****, Gainesville was planning on holding a local free tournament/smashfest on 2/7... if the dates coincide then we probably won't be able to make it to this :(

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
sorry. me and hrnut will be in philadelphia so hrnut wont be able to make an appearance. we'll miss you guys :(

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I'm definitely going to this! Just to clarify, no house fee? :D Also, I'm looking for team mates early this time! I need a mate for melee and a mate for brawl. DBS, KBM, Soma, MrFTW, any of you interested in a brawl team? Greenmario, Ballistics, Zone, Taco, any of you down to team in melee?

Masky

Smash Master
I wanna team with Gmoney... if he wants a Pikachu or Ness on his team :(
I'm gonna try to see if the Gainesville smashfest/tournament thing can be rescheduled for a different day so we can go

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Gmoney, I'm totally down to team with you if you're interested! If I listed everyone I want to team with, the post would be so bloated with names that people would forget why I'm listing them lol.

PhragX

Smash Rookie
I think I'll make an appearance to this, but I need a Brawl partner who knows the game. (Let me know if you're interested and can practice BEFORE the tourney date!) Also, expect me to stick around long enough for the Brawl singles this time around.

Who is available for practice sessions / tournaments / matches before 2/7?

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll make an appearance to this, but I need a Brawl partner who knows the game. (Let me know if you're interested and can practice BEFORE the tourney date!) Also, expect me to stick around long enough for the Brawl singles this time around.

Who is available for practice sessions / tournaments / matches before 2/7?
i see ur from tally, we usually have practice tournaments every week at SMITH HALL.. at FSU.. we just had one this wednesday... ill let u know when the next one will be, its usually 10 of us there.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Practice Tournaments are every WEDNESDAY at SMITH HALL on FSU CAMPUS at 7PM! If you have any questions about it all me at 386-847-2728

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
ANYONE reading this post, if you are trying to go to pensacola's tourney from TALLAHASSEE, call me we got 2 open spots and we are taking 2 cars.

we leave tomorrow morning between 9-10am

JSSN (239) 6876714

Jx31

Smash Ace
I'll try to make it for melee, no promises though : /.

Practice Tournaments are every WEDNESDAY at SMITH HALL on FSU CAMPUS at 7PM! If you have any questions about it all me at 386-847-2728
These practice tournaments wouldn't happen to include melee would they? I have so much free time this semester during the weekdays that I could come.

shoshone

Smash Ace
OK! I caught this one beforehand so I should be able to make it. I however, do require lots of practice and friendlies. My IC's haven't played in over 5 months.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Come to the practice tournament then, and yes the practice tournaments can include melee, if people want to play it, i have no problem with that!

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I think Gainesville can make this. I think I'll be scheduling our free tourney for February 21st or 28th.

Gmoney if you want a Melee partner I'm down (do I hear team MO MONEY??)

Jx31

Smash Ace
Speaking of teams, anyone want to team up at this? I'm not sure if I can drag a partner with me. (For Melee)

edit:I play Marth,Ganon and Fox for the most part in teams.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
U have to, you guys should come to tally, its way closer than pensacola and we have more locals that are good but couldnt go to the last tourney... hope to c you guys over here.

JSSN

Lizard

Smash Ace
I have faith that Masky will return to Ness.

I have gone through DK and ROB phases, and while they are still in my line up, Earthbound boys are my mains.

I hope he will at least... :urg:

Fail to me on starting every sentence with I." ....

Lawlmahbawls

Smash Journeyman
Snake/Tlink is aight...Not the best because Tlink needs Bair combos and they usually get messed up. Plus his projectiles mess up Snakes Nades <<;

Masky

Smash Master
Not really Snake/TLink is a really good combination if done right

P.S. :

Top Bottom