• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Smashfest: DBS lost to a LV9 CPU Samus (Tallahassee, FL) (Feb 07th)

Zone

Smash Champion
Melee contestants

Zone
Taco
Parker
Gmoney
Groceries
Moses(And Gang)
Jx31
Jssn?
Shoshone
ThatDooder (I'm sure he's up to go again)
Green Mario
Ballistics
Help?
Pwny?
Mankosuki?
HolyChef?

People looking for teamates?
Zone
TAco
Groceries
Moses
Jx31

Usually more, The headcount I assumed for last tournament was like 5 less than what It happened to be.
Jx31 you need to bring some of you budds from albany down with you >.>;;
Me and Taco are interested in mixing up team partners, So lets mix it up!

We should definantly make the draft crew battle happen this time. They can jump in on their turn in between brawl matches if brawl singles starts right after melee is done.

@DR.Nasty you live in PAnama City? Sweet, do you play melee or brawl? or both?

DrNastytime

Smash Cadet
@DR.Nasty you live in PAnama City? Sweet, do you play melee or brawl? or both?

actually i only play brawl seriously... but melee for the lulz cuz i lost all my timing for it like a month after brawls release... mainly cuz of online. but hey man i'd love to have a PC brawl session cuz outside of 2 friends i don't really have anyone serious to brawl offline.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
As long as Awal goes to this, I'm teaming with him for brawl doubles. In melee doubles, I'm still as lonely as ever so holler at me if you want to team.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I'm definitely going to this! Just to clarify, no house fee? :D Also, I'm looking for team mates early this time! I need a mate for melee and a mate for brawl. DBS, KBM, Soma, MrFTW, any of you interested in a brawl team? Greenmario, Ballistics, Zone, Taco, any of you down to team in melee?
Dang bro! We not gonna continue team "We like OJ???"

Groceries doesn't want to team with me? :(

I'm just kidding... If I do go, who wants to team (in Brawl and MELEE)?

I play Snake now.
wtf U and Afro switch chars LOL!!!

I wanna team with Gmoney... if he wants a Pikachu or Ness on his team :(
I'm gonna try to see if the Gainesville smashfest/tournament thing can be rescheduled for a different day so we can go
Since when do U use PIKA????

sorry. me and hrnut will be in philadelphia so hrnut wont be able to make an appearance. we'll miss you guys :(
I'm not gonna cry *sniffle* I'm not gonna cry!!!

(I'm gonna buy yaw tickets to that party in the middle of feb like around feb 16th)

now im sad............:(
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I have 2 problems with this....

1.) Y the hell is low tier so F***ing expensive??? It should B 2 dollars tops!!!

2.) Crew battle tourney should be 5 dollars a person at most!!!

and teams should consist of either 3 or 4 players w/ 3 stock each....

Ruse

Fox
Manko was talking like he wanted to go to this, and I'm pretty interested in getting to Tally again (it's been like, two or three months!).

So, a big maybe for some/all of PCola.

Dan might have quit Brawl. Who knows ):.

I won't schedule anything for that weekend, so I'll most likely be there (80/20 as of now), but sometimes emergencies/more important things override Smash (I almost canceled PCola 4 the other day because I thought I was getting arrested the night before and blah blah).

We seriously appreciate you members of FLuxxed and Juke that have been making the drive to whoop our a**es.

Zone

Smash Champion
actually i only play brawl seriously... but melee for the lulz cuz i lost all my timing for it like a month after brawls release... mainly cuz of online. but hey man i'd love to have a PC brawl session cuz outside of 2 friends i don't really have anyone serious to brawl offline.
I'm pretty much Melee only, however Taco plays a tiny bit of brawl.

Manko was talking like he wanted to go to this, and I'm pretty interested in getting to Tally again (it's been like, two or three months!).

So, a big maybe for some/all of PCola.

Dan might have quit Brawl. Who knows ):.

I won't schedule anything for that weekend, so I'll most likely be there (80/20 as of now), but sometimes emergencies/more important things override Smash (I almost canceled PCola 4 the other day because I thought I was getting arrested the night before and blah blah).

We seriously appreciate you members of FLuxxed and Juke that have been making the drive to whoop our a**es.
Can we count on any of you guys entering melee? >.>

EDIT: I'm going to try and convince PWNY and HELP from my list of friends to come to this. Maybe TOOL to >.> although he kinda doesn't play melee anymore.

Ruse

Fox
@Zone: I wouldn't. HolyChef and Mankosuki might, if they attended.

@Deadweight: Yes, unless Carson comes (which isn't too likely). I'll talk to him about it soon.

KBM

Smash Ace
TL/Snake is the poops. D:

Lio! I miss your sexy voice! Please come to this tournament! T_T

I'm either teaming with LS or FUCT for doubles... LS and I cant stop killing eachother, but FUCT and I just can't pull it together... Idk, gonna have to run some tests tomorrow at the practice tourney B|

Here's a problem, Ol' Slit is gonna be sweeping the MELEE brackets at the same time as the crew battles. Solution?

Oh and Ruse, any time buddy, any time :)

Zone

Smash Champion
TL/Snake is the poops. D:

Lio! I miss your sexy voice! Please come to this tournament! T_T

I'm either teaming with LS or FUCT for doubles... LS and I cant stop killing eachother, but FUCT and I just can't pull it together... Idk, gonna have to run some tests tomorrow at the practice tourney B|

Here's a problem, Ol' Slit is gonna be sweeping the MELEE brackets at the same time as the crew battles. Solution?

Oh and Ruse, any time buddy, any time :)
When it's his turn to jump in the crew battle. just go get him let him stay in until his stocks are gone. Then let him proceed back :p

EDIT: I'm going all Zelda in Singles. Hope you guys are ready to play an awkward match up. Hope I don't fight taco.... He knows how to never get kicked that *******.
Actually, MAYBE i'll go all zelda in singles.

Ruse

Fox
KBM, we should get some in at this tourney.

Also, why does Tally use random neutrals ):?

If I'm up against a D3 and get FD on random, I'm going to be frustrated.

Or BF against a Marth.

And what's up with PS1 instead of Lylat?

Sorry, not trying to be baby, just curious.

KBM

Smash Ace
I agree with Ruse, I personally like striking, and as I told drew, lylat is way more neutral than PS1.

and shut up LS, you just can't understand our relationship.

He uses default Dedede, BY THE WAY.

Masky

Smash Master
that's why you get one ban... or just learn to play against whatever you're afraid of

Lizard

Smash Ace
True, that is the reason for the ban. And Lylat is up for discussion.

I know it won't happen, but i would love to use Delphino for neutral

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
@ Zone
Yeaaa im playing mellee, i am gona suck and i know it.. but its the only way of actually being back in the game.

so im joining mellee singles... and i'm not that good but i wanna do teams too... SO COUNT ME IN ..

Deadweight

Smash Ace
OMG GUYS GOOD NEWS
I was watching OS vs Panda on youtube and
I HAD AN EPIPHANY
I HAVE TO CAMP MORE TO WIN
BE AS GAY AS POSSIBLE
ITS SO SIMPLE
Im topping every tourney now XD

Deadweight

Smash Ace
srsly deadw8. join the club.

hey, i need some ROB practice. we gotta play some tomorrow!
Sure thing.
I need to start topping Tourneys...
There are no "Big name" RoBs in FL>___>
No offense to Manko and Ruse <3 But we need to start doing our robot some justice.

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
ok, so are we gonna have alot of people coming to this thing on wednesday, if you're coming, please give me a call at 386-847-2728 so i can let you into smith hall! Remeber its at 7PM so please be there!

PKS1 is a legal nuetral stage due to the fact that most of the crew agreed that it is much more neutral than lylat, the only reason it wasn't neutral was because of the fail mill, but after playing on it for so long its not that big of a deal. Remeber guys, PKS1 was a nuetral in Melee!

also, random nuetrals is quicker and more efficient, if you feel the need to ban a stage go right ahead, but after practicing striking, it was just a pain. besides it is completely possible to beat a D3 on FD, just don't get grabbed, or ban FD. sounds like alot of people are coming out to this, as for right now i got

Gainsville
Lio
Masky
anyone else?

Panama City
Zone
Taco
Dr. Nasty TIme?

Pcola
Ruse
Manko?
Holy?
Lime?
Love?

LOTSA LOCALS!!!!

BTW Tourney Host is defenitly doing every event except melee doubles, just so ya know!

Lizard

Smash Ace
I believe what Soma meant to say was that HE was going to be participating in every tourney except Melee doubles.

Melee Doubles is still part of this tourney

KBM

Smash Ace
Sure thing.
I need to start topping Tourneys...
There are no "Big name" RoBs in FL>___>
No offense to Manko and Ruse <3 But we need to start doing our robot some justice.
i hear ya, somebody's gotta be reppin the bot and you're the man for the job.

you got serious potential deadweight, i'm watching you get better every single week, so keep it up man :D

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im so sad i wont be at this :(

gmoney, are we teaming for january gigs?

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
If I go, sure. I still need to confirm a ride as usual...

I main Snake now (and plan to only use Snake in tourneys from now on), so I don't know if that changes your mind about teaming. :)
snake? i wouldve preferred your wario or mk, but snake is fine too i guess.

Top Bottom