• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Panhandle Smashfest: DBS lost to a LV9 CPU Samus (Tallahassee, FL) (Feb 07th)

Moses.

Smash Journeyman
I believe Gainesville will be coming (at least for Melee). People I will try to haul over: Myself, RockCrock, harriettheguy, bladeofapollo, and maybe someone else (Raistlin maybe?).

In other words: we're going to wreck ****.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Drew call me there might be a big problem for tonight's practice tourney

75% sure the game lounge is hardcore under construction

Masky

Smash Master
Pokemon Stadium 1 is usually not neutral in Brawl because they made the borders of the stage unusually large from what I understand (which is why a lot of people like to counterpick it).

In other words: we're going to wreck ****.
true

Ruse

Fox
@Masky: Yeah, I'd rather not play D3 on FD for my first round, period. It's not that I'm afraid, it's just plain ********.

@Lizard: Yeahhh.. But I don't want to waste my ban on a neutral. That's kind of lame. I'd rather ban CS against a D3, but then I have that chance of getting stuck on FD first round. There are obviously other situations, but my two most recent tourneys (New Orleans 2 and PCola 4) have made me hate D3, so I'm just using him as an example.

@Drew:
Ruse - Yes
Manko - Maybe
HolyChef - Maybe
Dan - Doubt it
Lime - No
Mike Love - No

@Deadweight: Dude, there are no awesome R.O.B.s anywhere. The closest "pro" R.O.B. to FL is Sudai, and I dunno if he places very well outside of the New Orleans tourneys, and even he isn't that much better than Manko (in my opinion). I guess NL's Robot is pretty sick, but I mainly see him going Diddy. R.O.B. isn't all that great, and has a pretty sub-par match-up chart when it comes to top tier (highly used in tournaments) characters (D3, MK, Falco, G&W, etc.). I guess does okay against Snake and Diddy, which is cool, and goes evenish with Marth, Wario, Lucario, DK, Kirby, etc.

Also, not being able to attend Gigs/not living near any of Florida's top really sucks for Manko and I (no Johns). We make do with what we've got.

R.O.B. = Melee Samus.

Lizard

Smash Ace
I understand what you mean Ruse.

The reason we went back, was because a lot of people started ignoring the striking, and just agreeing on random.

Ruse

Fox
I usually try to agree on something, but if that can't be done, I strike.

Random is lame, imo. I love striking, and I love having a lot of levels (seven-nine starters = delicious).

mkGmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL (for
Why are you even worried about playing D3 on FD as a ROB anyways? Is it really that bad? Just camp...

Besides, you can always just ban FD. What else would you actually prefer to ban? There's more than enough "bad" stages for most characters against D3 that it doesn't matter if you to ban a counterpick. They'll just choose a different one.

Ban FD and get a more favorable neutral stage. You'll have to play at a disadvantage on their counterpick regardless... ;)

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
Lizard is correct, im participating in all events except for melee doubles, we are still hosting all events including melee doubles, im just not good enough to participate in melee doubles, unless zone wants to do double zelda with me. ^_^

so those of you who are coming for melee doubles, we're still doing it, im just not participating in it.

PRACtICE TOURNAMENT IS STILL HAPPENING AT SMITH! DON'T WORRY I GOT IT ALL UNDER CONTROL! SEE YOU GUYS AT 7!

Lizard

Smash Ace
Unfortunately in brawl, bigger is better.

Whoever has the bigger tent is much more likely to win

Camping is here to stay, whether we like it or not

Zone

Smash Champion
Melee contestants

Anonymous
Ballistics
BladeofApollo(?)
Gmoney
Green Mario
Groceries
HarrietTheGuy(?)
Help
HolyChef
Jx31
Jssn
KBM
Moses
Parker
Pwny(?)
Raistlin(?)
RockCrock(?)
Shoshone(?)
Somacruz
ThatDooder(?)
Tropical Taco
Vlad(?)
Zone

If all these possible people can make this, + a few more people I don't know about. Melee is gonna be sweet. Looks like 23 possible, but 12 garanteed. Melee HYPE SON!!!

Ruse

Fox
@Lizard: Dude. Don't hate.

A Text From Manko said:
probably not. need to cut back on smash to spend more time with my girlfriend.
I might be bringing someone from a town over, though, if he can get off of work.

Looks like the already feeble PCola scene may be dying.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
@Drew:
Ruse - Yes
Manko - Maybe
HolyChef - Maybe
Dan - Doubt it
Lime - No
Mike Love - No

@Deadweight: Dude, there are no awesome R.O.B.s anywhere. The closest "pro" R.O.B. to FL is Sudai, and I dunno if he places very well outside of the New Orleans tourneys, and even he isn't that much better than Manko (in my opinion). I guess NL's Robot is pretty sick, but I mainly see him going Diddy. R.O.B. isn't all that great, and has a pretty sub-par match-up chart when it comes to top tier (highly used in tournaments) characters (D3, MK, Falco, G&W, etc.). I guess does okay against Snake and Diddy, which is cool, and goes evenish with Marth, Wario, Lucario, DK, Kirby, etc.
If U wanna see THE BEST R.O.B then look @ HolyNIghtmare

MSAS said he was coming with 2 other players(The good ZSS player)

Unfortunately in brawl, bigger is better.

Whoever has the bigger tent is much more likely to win

Camping is here to stay, whether we like it or not
Fastest = BEST

Your ALL 2 SLOW

4 the love of GOD!! Y is GREEN HILL ZONE NOT LEGAL :-p

O, and btw.... Yaw B****S better not F*** up my crib!!!!!!!!!!!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
IF ANYONE wana brawl today here in tallahassee gimme a call today...

(239) 687-6714 .. we brawling at my place, if u havent been here before call me ill give u directions...

my place around 4:30...

Top Bottom