• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

nevershootme

Smash Master
LIVE STREAM LINK

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/smash-live-stream
ATTENTION

On Friday at 8pm, you can come to FIU South campus and pre-register for the tournaments you're participating. For the brawl players, I will be collecting the registration fees myself.

if you can't come on friday, I will be available in North Miami all day today if you want to arrange a meetup with me (I'm mostly gonna be around the Broward area). I will be at FIU South all day too (contact me in advance too)

Why you should register early? So you can avoid waiting in line on Saturday making huge delays before the tournament starts. YOU MUST CONFIRM AFTER PRE-REGISTERING ON SATURDAY

as it stands I'm confirming the pricing setup to be at

$5 door (universal)
$10 each tournament (Doubles and singles)

-If this isn't approved from the game room coordinator then the pricing will be:

$10 door
$10 each tournament

NO JOHNS ABOUT COMING LATE OR NOT PAYING

BRING SETUPS (LET ME KNOW 1ST) AND COMPONENT CABLES IF YOU CAN.

I CANNOT GIVE DISCOUNTS FOR SETUPS, THAT'S NOT UNDER MY CONTROL
CLICK HERE TO PRE REGISTER FOR THIS. THIS IS TO MAKE SURE THAT I GET A POTENTIAL ATTENDENCE LIST AND WILL SEED ACCORDINGLY

CLICK HERE TO SEE THE ATTENDENCE LIST

IMPORTANT UPDATE FOR THE CON:
There is also a Street Fighter 4, and Blazblue tournament on Saturday

Here is the convention schedule for the game room
My Contact Info:
Name: Eddie
Cell: 786-280-1680 (Call or Text), no stalkers allowed
Aim: never shoot me
msn: never_shoot_me@hotmail.com
Florida International University: Graham Center
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....754831,-80.372071&spn=0.019983,0.038624&z=15

Follow the signs carefully

Campus Map: http://www.fiu.edu/docs/campus_maps/UPMap.jpg (It's labeled GC)
Registration Time:
Saturday:
8am-11:30am: Registration
12pm: Tournament Starts (WILL NOT ACCEPT LATE COMERS)

Sunday (If saturday's tournament does not end on time, still pending):
8am or 10am-11:30am: Registration
12pm: Tournament Starts (No latecomers)

Saturday: Doubles and Singles all in 1 shot (depending on entrants), if singles doesn't end on time. then we'll finish it on sunday

Sunday: Extra singles or doubles tourney. or finish singles if saturday doesn't end
Prices (Subject to change):
-Singles: $10 per person ($5 to the pot, $5 to the door)
Doubles: $20 per team ($5 per person, $5 to the door per person, meaning you pay $10)
Brawl:
-3 Stocks
-7 Minute matches
-Friendly Fire On
-Infinites of any sort is not allowed (DDD Infinite [Gentlemen's rule apply if so], IC's Infinite [Restricted to an extent, will be clarified later]
-Stalling is seriously not allowed
-MK Edge Grab rule is in effect (i'm thinking 50?)

-MK IS EITHER BANNED OR NOT (Pending SBR talk or MY OWN DISCRETION)

Starter List:
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville

Counter Picks (Will Change later if there's demand and suggestions):
-Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
-Lylat Cruise
-Delfino Plaza
-Castle Siege
-Frigate Orpheon
-Battleship Halberd
-Rainbow Cruise
-Brinstar
-Pokemon Stadium 1
Tournament structure:
-I will do seeding accordingly to ensure fairness (PLEASE PRE-REGISTER!)
-Singles may have pools, so be prepared
-Double elim for both tournaments

Payout (Subject to change):
1. 60%
2. 30%
4. 10%

new plan
winnings are spread out as this

If at 32+ for singles
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%

or

1st: 46%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
7th: 2%
7th: 2%
Otherwise 60/30/10

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

or 60/30/10
I may request people to bring setups for this.

I am the main person behind the Yasumicon FG tournaments. Glitch and Azagtoth will be helping with SF/BB/KoF, nevershootme with Brawl.

The following is the quick summary:

Street Fighter IV (64 players)

* 8 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 16 players.
* double elimination
* XBox 360, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $10 for pot (this could change)
* 1:00PM – registration closes
* 2:00PM – pools A, B, C, D
* 5:00PM – pools E, F, G, H
* 8:00PM –*final bracket

BlazBlue (32 players)

* 4 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 8 players
* double elimination
* PS3, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $5 for pot
* 2:00PM – pools A, B
* 5:00PM – pools E, F

KoF XII (32 players)

* 4 pools of 8 players, top two advance
* final bracket of 8 players
* double elimination
* PS3, bring your controller
* House fee $5, $5 for pot
* 2:00PM – pools A, B
* 5:00PM – pools E, F

The pool system is simple: once you know your pool you'll know when to play without waiting all day long. You can do something else when its not your pool, no excuses for no-shows in your pool.

Pools are random.

Brawl

Details here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231362

FPS tournaments will be KillZone 2 and Halo 3. Noobie Games will be running them.

There will be additional system for casuals/random games.

Questions, whatever, let me know. Usually I am pretty inactive, but I'll be checking the thread these coming weeks.

Attendence List:

1. 8-Bit
2. Chaz
3. Bonesaw
4. Galeon
5. Poltergust
6. Sonic Ghost (Master Raven)
7. DC
8. Willz
9. Tico
10. WindeX
11. GorditoBoy69
12. PureDrive
13. Juanyboy
14. MVD
15. Mostri
16. Nope
17. Lou
18. Capem
19. Fonz
20. Very Cool Guy
21. MetaEvil
22. Gabriel
23. Underground
24. M!X
25. SheikSSBM
26. EmoWolf
27. Nick Riddle
28. DewDaDash
29. Vtec
30. ******
31. ESAM?
33. .
34. .
35. .
36. .
37. .
38. .
39. .
40. .
41. .
42. .
43. .
44. ..
45. .
46. .
47. .
48. .
49. .
50. .
51. .
52. .
53. .
54. .
55. .
56. .
57. .
58. .
59. .
60. .
61. .
62. .
63. .
64. .

nevershootme

Smash Master
Expect us to go since we can't go to GENESIS :(
ok cool. just to make sure, how many are coming. i mean keep in mind i need all players to cooperate with me since time is extremely short for this day at the con since it ends at 7pm and everything has to be packed up. but it will go by pretty fast if it's done right.

BTW: here's how the tournament is gonna be conducted

Since we are gonna have a cap at 64 players (first come first serve), we will split all players into 8 separate pools of 8 players. only the top 2 will advance to the final 16 player double elimination bracket. I will seed players accordingly (but as of now I'm told we have to make random seeding due to time constraints). basically we have 8 TV's and Wii setups for brawl, so i assume you don't have to bring your wii's for this, only controllers. but at most I need to convince the coordinator of the game room at the con to let some bring their wii's with homebrew channel for replays (or bring your own recording equipment)

All matches in pools will be be 2 our of 3, same goes for the double elim bracket with 3 our of 5 for winners, losers, and grand finals.

here's how the pool system works (If i recall this system is based off of how EVO runs it, due to time constraints, we had to come with some agreement that this would be faster than double elim bracket itself). Your wins in your set matter alot in determining if you move on.

(I forgot how it was arranged, but I'll have to double check on this)
player 1 vs player 3
player 2 vs player 4
etc
etc
winners of matches played here (winner moves to final bracket)
losers of matches played here (winner moves to final bracket)
Tie breaker in case of a issue such as both players have a 1-2 game and such

Like i said, I have to check up on how it's conducted. If there is high demand of complaaints, then i'll try my best to convince to turn it to double elim bracket,

mostri

Smash Cadet
i live in westchester. i wanna participate in this tournament. what should i do to registraton? please nevershootme add me. i will the next winner. sorry my english

nevershootme

Smash Master
i live in westchester. i wanna participate in this tournament. what should i do to registraton? please nevershootme add me. i will the next winner. sorry my english
1st come 1st serve means that I cannot do any pre-registration of sorts, you will have to come to the registration desk at the con (which i will add those details later) and sign up.

I'm going Florida in July. Possibly expect me here...
ok cool, see ya there

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'm eager to play some more Americans offline, only played a few. Get ready for some European style ****.
=P

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Yeah wanted to travel to that like some of the other Europeans. Ah well. If I come to this I'll look forward to playing you guys. =]

mostri

Smash Cadet
where is the datails about registration?. i want to win this tournament, Where is seibrik?, i will destroy him

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
I'll try to go to this.

And only 64 people? Since this is going to be held at FIU it's possible that some of us may get replaced by FIU students...

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Oh. I thought that the people from FIU would get first priority or something. Nevermind. :laugh:

nevershootme

Smash Master
This is a public anime con that's been happening for years (runned by the anime club at FIU), i'm just volunteering to host the brawl tournament so i can't make it gay anyways, unless i decide if i want mk banned or not, plz don't give reasons why,

ALSO, Spread the word for people who are into Street Fighter 4 cuz there will be a tourney on that Saturday during the con

mostri

Smash Cadet
AAAHH what happen!? Is there a tournament or not? i was training a lot days to participe and win. please add me. FIU is near of my house. what is genesis? is it in miami? please respond and sorry my bad english

nevershootme

Smash Master
tournament in miami 0_o
im up for this
ive always wanted to see FIU anyways....kill two birds with one stone :D
well keep in mind you're seeing FIU for a day that winds up with a bunch of kids in naruto costumes and every otehr anime stuff

as for the rules of the tournament go, be ****ing patient, you know the rules, all i need to think about is stages and either mk banned or not

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
FIU is near of my house. what is genesis? is it in miami? please respond and sorry my bad english
BAD ENGLISH. Just kidding XD

Genesis is all the way in California. It's a big smash fest with a lot of top names. I forget just how big the potsplit is, but its HUGE. So...no, its not in miami.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
So is this in the Porter Davis Game Room?

offtopic:
Are any of the FIU players coming to play on Memorial Day? or is the University closed? I might visit for friendlies and stuff.

nevershootme

Smash Master
So is this in the Porter Davis Game Room?

offtopic:
Are any of the FIU players coming to play on Memorial Day? or is the University closed? I might visit for friendlies and stuff.
university is closed.

the tournament is outside the game room, it's GC 243 which is right where the "pit" is up stairs. there will be a registration table during the con to sign up for brawl.

Also, the brawl date is pending because of a change in schedule in a message from the coordinator, so it could either be on saturday or sunday as of now

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
If the date is changing, and if the schedule changes, is it possible for extra time for doubles?

And to whoever is asking about Genesis, I'd recommend that you do not go... I see problems coming with that tourney. It's going to have 800+ dudes in a tiny gymnasium with no ventilation. I doubt that the events will go under schedule unless they drop that whole 'the first day is a friendlies day' thing and start pools right away. Not worth the money imo.

nevershootme

Smash Master
If the date is changing, and if the schedule changes, is it possible for extra time for doubles?

And to whoever is asking about Genesis, I'd recommend that you do not go... I see problems coming with that tourney. It's going to have 800+ dudes in a tiny gymnasium with no ventilation. I doubt that the events will go under schedule unless they drop that whole 'the first day is a friendlies day' thing and start pools right away. Not worth the money imo.
can't accommodate doubles because of time.. and being that this is an anime convention and other games need to be put on display for public play. this is not just a brawl tournament anyways...hell who knows if the tourney tv's have to be used for SF4 on the same day...

give it time since it's only 1 month away. don't freaking rush me too much because i'm a busy person and you should know i don't **** around with the rules (like adding items and additional gay stages, or substituting regular brawl for brawl+)

Top Bottom