• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

nevershootme

Smash Master
I have some friends that dont have a smashboards account, therefore won't be signing up here. If we come together, will u seperate us still, knowing that we're a group of friends?

And love the avy 8 bit!
well u didn't list your friends names when u filled the pre-register form. have them fill one out or make a list here. I ensure fair separation as much as possible, and that means i'll do those brackets by hand and hit recreate a milliion times

nevershootme

Smash Master
XDD!
8 Bit, do you think that there will be any possible chance of doubles or not at all?
No because the con on a sunday closes early... meaning 5pm... it's utterly impossible to do so, in addition There are other games that are needed to be on for free play for the con goers..

I wasn't responsible for the date, I volunteered to do this otherwise you'd be coming to a tourney with items on... but... if good progress is made if we have 64 ppl, we can end it on time

edit: attendence list on 1st page (with and without pre-registration)

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yo I should've mentioned earlier but I got an SD card and some converters to work with my RCA Lyra so I can record **** now, but I bought the 4 female instead of 3 female ones like I should've on accident, so unless there's a TV with output jacks that I can just plug my recorder into, I can't record and play at the same time since the TV can't be displayed while I'm recording, so I want everyone to save as many replays as they can on my Wii and later on I'll be able to record and upload the replays myself.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Will there be a livestream? And will there be Melee friendlies at least?
Dude, i'm running a tournament and there's no way i can do a live stream......... not even my computer can handle it anymore... and there's possibly no melee cuz there are hardly any cubes... dude this is an anime con and there are a ton of other games, this isn't exclusively smash

nevershootme

Smash Master
Eh? How will that work
My goal will be this time

Saturday: Doubles and Singles all in 1 shot (depending on entrants), if singles doesn't end on time. then we'll finish it on sunday

Sunday: Extra singles or doubles tourney. or finish singles if saturday doesn't end

Now the big problem for saturday is that I can only secure 4 complete setups.

I NEED MORE SETUPS

nevershootme

Smash Master
There's panel discussion, dealer room, random kids wandering around campus. it's all fun for free,

remember, there are other tournies besides smash, which are SF4, BlazBlue, and King of Fighters 12

edit: there is a problem with the fees.... being that the entry fees, the staff must take 50% >_<

so i'm working on figuring out a way so u guys can get a decent payout

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
So, doubles are on now, huh...

Partner, anyone? <.< >.>

*expects to be ignored for the umpteenth time*

nevershootme

Smash Master
update on the pricing situation and setups

Here are the fees (This is something I cannot do beyond my control)

Singles: $10 per player = $5 to the pot + $5 to the venue (the con)

Doubles: $20 per team ($10 per player) = $5 to the team + $5 to the = $10 per team

For setups, I have 4 Tv's with Wii's already good to go. I need some interested people that will be willing to bring their wii's for the entire weekend. There are 8 TV's total, do the math

-!-

Smash Lord
yea, it's just like last year. it's cool though, it was really fun I'm sure it'll be the same this year. speciallly since doubles are on :)

EDIT: btw I can bring my W!! and a tv, may be small but if no one cares I'll bring it.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Yo I'll make it for sure on Saturday, but I can't go Sunday because of Church johns (although I don't mind since it's actually a pretty nice Church which is literally like 2-3 minutes a drive from my place and I get to set up musical equipment and **** which is real fun).

Master Raven

Smash Master
Actually MAYBE I might go on the second day or not, it really depends on whether Seibrik or possibly even my parents are willing to ride/drop me off to FIU after church since my church is rad and their services only last like around 40 minutes and it closes at 12:30 (I usually only stay that long to put away all the musical equipment we set up in the mornings. I can leave a bit before that after service). My church is also literally like 2 minutes from my place. IIRC FIU is like ~30 minutes from Miami Lakes so if I were to be driven there by that time we'd get there by 1 PMish.

If Seibrik doesn't think he has time to pick me up by then on Sunday then that's fine. I don't think my parents would take me since they just wanna relax on Sundays.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Sunday is very vague on what tournament i would do because If saturday's singles and doubles are complete, What can I really do about a tournament since the con wants to see something on sunday as far as tournaments go....

So far my possible options are melee, brawl+, or just another brawl singles

Master Raven

Smash Master
MVD's my permanent partner lol

But in the case he doesn't come in a tourney and you and I are in tourney then I wouldn't mind.

Top Bottom