• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yasumicon 2009 @ FIU - Miami, FL - July 11- Brawl - See Results Thread!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Yeah. Me, GorditoBoy69, and PureDrive will be there. Isn't there a possibility of making this a 2 day event? Where doubles the first day and singles the 2nd?

nevershootme

Smash Master
Ok guys, Later in the week I'm gonna make a pre-registration form, there is no payment involved, but this is just to ensure that I get your info and make the brackets accordingly and seed accordingly

edit: pre-reg form is up, see 1st post

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Because I don't own one AND NEITHER SHALL ANYONE ELSE!

*chucks Masky's iPod out the window*

*then chucks Masky out the window*

(Incidentally, I'm not interested in owning one. I'm not a music guy.)

_WindeX_

Smash Apprentice
Crap, i didn't expect it to show where we live to everyone. Lol, I wrote my address. And Polt, you didn't seem like a Ricky to me xd

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
im jealous of polts avatar....its sooo much better than mine D:

Ok... so i just pre-registered and i saw that there is another juan on the list....good thing i put last initial
by the way...with another Juan coming everyone better get ready for those corny "Juan" jokes ._.

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol there we go XD
dont forget Juan on Juan >.>

P.S... i just noticed im like one of the only people here ( i may be the only person ) that doesnt have an official smasher name....ive always just used my name.... i feel left out...
well there are others in the con signing up and having me call out their real name if they don't provide one

nevershootme

Smash Master
rules of pools for this tournament.

There will be pools of 8 players each in 8 pools

They will be double elimination brackets

Top 2 players of their pool will get out into the final 16 player double elim bracket

-Currently i'm gonna see if i can change it to top 4 players at least... but if it's extremely tough due to time, i'll have to take only top 2

Juanyboy3

Smash Apprentice
hmmm never played in a tournament with pools before

This should be interesting :]

( btw polt....thanks for saying that ken thing...made me feel a lot better :D )

nevershootme

Smash Master
hmmm never played in a tournament with pools before

This should be interesting :]

( btw polt....thanks for saying that ken thing...made me feel a lot better :D )
well gigabits did this but only 8 people get out, but they stop it at like where either winners semi or winners finals end, and on losers is where the quarters end.

for this tourney, it will be the winner of winners and losers finals will advance to final bracket.

verycoolguy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CoolVCG
I wouldn't say it's that bad. Without pools, I'd probably play five or six sets at most, and with pools, I'd play at least seven sets.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Yeah, I haven't played in pools before either. Is it as bad as everyone says? =O
there various different types of pools, some may be good or bad.

round robin pools (common 2 day tournies use): play against all players in 3 matches twice, highest score and typically top 3 move on.

double elim pools (gigabits does this, I'm using that, but it's a bit modified): double elimination brackets where top 6-8 move on to a final 32 person bracket. in my case it's gonna be top 2.

swiss pools: I'm not gonna discuss that

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Nice rules, but three thing, 8-Bit:

-Why does the ledge rule only apply to Meta Knight? Shouldn't planking refer to all characters?
-About the infinites, are you completely banning infinites on Wario?
-Will the be stage striking since there are an odd number of starter stages?

Oh, and you misspelled "stock." =P

nevershootme

Smash Master
it's currently pending should i apply it to all characters. and yea I don't feel like calling it planking anyways

-planking = stalling, so I'm free to use either word

like i always say, it's subject to change.

-For the infinite issue, I'm unsure about wario, but there's hardly any wario players in the miami area that are good anyways...

-I'm thinking of using stage striking, but it's better off using random anyways.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Is Miami a good city to look around and does it have anything interesting? I'm going on holiday to Kissimme, and was thinking of coming down to Miami for 1 or 2 days around this tournament date but I don't know whether I just look around and enjoy my time in Miami or try and make this? Help anyone?

Are there any good smashers or tourneys in the Kissimme, Orlando and Tampa areas in July? I wanna know. =]

nevershootme

Smash Master
Is Miami a good city to look around and does it have anything interesting? I'm going on holiday to Kissimme, and was thinking of coming down to Miami for 1 or 2 days around this tournament date but I don't know whether I just look around and enjoy my time in Miami or try and make this? Help anyone?

Are there any good smashers or tourneys in the Kissimme, Orlando and Tampa areas in July? I wanna know. =]
There's south beach which is Miami's popular spot. If you're gonna be in Miami before this tourney sunday, there's another tourney up north in ft. lauderdale.

There are tourneys in orlando such as Game Zone and Gathering Place (they're recently monthly tournaments). There's Florida Gaming in August which is melee and brawl.

Keep checking Atlantic South forum for upcoming tournies

There are melee people living up north, hungrybox and colbol, they're the best in orlando, kissimmee

Nope

Smash Lord
So myself and 3 others from Ohio will be down visiting Florida around this date and we want to go to a tournament. This is the only option that we would be able to make right now, so consider us down for coming at the moment. It's to bad you have time constraints and can't do doubles or a proper singles bracket =( but at this time this is better then nothing!

We will let you know if anything changes but for now consider us coming.

nevershootme

Smash Master
So myself and 3 others from Ohio will be down visiting Florida around this date and we want to go to a tournament. This is the only option that we would be able to make right now, so consider us down for coming at the moment. It's to bad you have time constraints and can't do doubles or a proper singles bracket =( but at this time this is better then nothing!

We will let you know if anything changes but for now consider us coming.
if you're around miami on saturday that weekend you guys are coming down, there's a tourney about an hour away from the university. It will definitely be cool to meet you guys and play with some of the best oos

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=220955

Depending on the amount of attendance, I can definitely make it a standard double elimination bracket (took 4 hours with 35 people with 4 tv's the last tourney i ran), but I do need every player's cooperation and not have everyone wander off during the con. This includes bickering me about "When's my next match"

I am pretty disappointed though about the coordinator not letting me make it happen on saturday, being that it's a small con (and free one) and saturday is booked with Street Fighter 4, BlazBlue, King of Fighters 12.

Just to make sure who are the other 3 coming?

-Nope
-???
-???
-???

Nope

Smash Lord
Nope, Lou, Capem, Fonz will be coming but we will be there in July =p not June. Hopefully we can figure something out. We can at least bring a Wii

nevershootme

Smash Master
Nope, Lou, Capem, Fonz will be coming but we will be there in July =p not June. Hopefully we can figure something out. We can at least bring a Wii
that tourney is a monthly, it's on the 2nd week of every month (that saturday). so you get 2 tourneys in 1 weekend.

saturday: pnt monthly
sunday: this tourney.

I'll definitely make note to separate all 4 of u individually in the brackets. do your best to arrive early since we have a registration cap at 64. and i do appreciate more wii's as needed

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
I have some friends that dont have a smashboards account, therefore won't be signing up here. If we come together, will u seperate us still, knowing that we're a group of friends?

And love the avy 8 bit!

Top Bottom