• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
I asked Azua and Sudai if it were okay for me to allow a topic like this here, so let's see if you guys can handle yourselves and make good use of this.

Ground Rules:
#1: THE GLOBAL RULES STILL APPLY HERE.
This should be simple enough. Just because it's a general/social thread does not mean spam, double posting, etc... are all game. They aren't.
#2: Don't reply to people who obviously didn't see rule #1.
This should also be simple. If someone comes in and is like "Lol, Post Count +1", ignore them and pretend it never happened. They'll get infracted and as long as you don't respond to them and egg them on or join in, you won't.
#3: Try to keep things on whatever the current subject is.
This isn't too strict of a rule, but if there is productive discussion going on, try not to derail it and ruin it for everyone else, okay?
#4: This is for the Olimar boards.
That means this is for the Olimar community. I know who the Olimar community is; so I don't want to see people coming here from other boards just to chat. If you haven't contributed to any other thread on this board, then you shouldn't feel the need to post in this one.
#5: This thread can/will be locked at any time.
#6: Hilt and Azua love you.
Have fun =D

New Olimar Xat Chat Room

RichBrown

Smash Master
Sooooo I like to wavebounce the whistle towards my opponent into a nair, or wavebounce away at the last possible moment and Fsmash or pivot grab.

Also, Dthrowing then running forward and regrabbing is awesome because your opponent will get used to it, and then you can just run up and fair them when they finally learn to jump away, because the 1st time they will almost always attack or airdodge into the ground.

Who else knows random little tidbits like this, please share

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
I have a random tidbit, and I want everyone else's opinions on it. :)

I always wondered what other Oli mainer's favorite color Pikmin is. I always like Blue and Purple the most, then White and Yellow, then Red.

I love Blues and Purps cuz of killing throws and range (Blue) and extra power (Purp).

I like Whites and Yellows cuz of dramatically increased damage increase (White Pikmin Toss and Pummel) and Priority and Range (Yellow).

Reds are....meh....they have the strongest aerials, but I rarely use Fair or Dair and especially Bair to kill, they do have average power though, but I still don't like them as much. =/

Zori

Smash Champion
I have a random tidbit, and I want everyone else's opinions on it. :)

I always wondered what other Oli mainer's favorite color Pikmin is. I always like Blue and Purple the most, then White and Yellow, then Red.

I love Blues and Purps cuz of killing throws and range (Blue) and extra power (Purp).

I like Whites and Yellows cuz of dramatically increased damage increase (White Pikmin Toss and Pummel) and Priority and Range (Yellow).

Reds are....meh....they have the strongest aerials, but I rarely use Fair or Dair and especially Bair to kill, they do have average power though, but I still don't like them as much. =/

heres a tidbit!, dont use blue text. Jesus Christ

i want to spam..... so bad >_< this thread is so misleading

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
Hey Oli mains, what do you use when falling towards the stage, as in you were thrown up or something. I want to see what most of you guys do.

Aztec Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I would do that, the problem is that I am only able to play online Brawl, I have never gone to a Brawl tourney, so it's like screaming at my T.V hoping that they hear me.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Dodging, whistling, and falling nairs can all be viable options, depending on the situation.

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
I think I actually did that before on the phone once with one of my friends on Wifi, and it worked I think cuz they didn't try to do anything to harm me...>_>

But usually, I just Nair or dodge, I generally use whistle offstage to recover.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
The good one is something like "Olimar Unite" or something.
Many pages.

On topic I guess..
Drop controller and walk away.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
That's still around?
Rough. I guess I'll just go away for another while till it vanishes.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
You have ego problems? Never knew >_>

Btw, I liek Fino's sig =3
How could you not know lmao? Half his threads have "fino" in them lawl.

EDIT: Actually, only the Q and A thread does still, his guide used to...You're getting better Fino! :D

Fino

Smash Master
How could you not know lmao? Half his threads have "fino" in them lawl.

EDIT: Actually, only the Q and A thread does still, his guide used to...You're getting better Fino! :D
Because I own those threads.... blackwaltz, or someone, said that they wanted just one person to answer/update the OP with the answers to people's questions. All the answers on there are things I've wrote.
The guide is 70-80% my written work... but I had so many sources it's something that everyone in the credits owns.
The video thread was for lulz ;D

~Fino

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard

The guide is 70-80% my written work... but I had so many sources it's something that everyone in the credits owns.
The video thread was for lulz ;D

~Fino
If things made by others, rewritten by you, is considered "your written work", then yes.
Also, people rarely read the credits. You should reference the people that made the work at the beginning of the section, rather than in the credits.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
I think if it is at the credits, then it's cleaner looking.
I don't watch movies and have little sentances popping up saying "Thanks so much Giraffe G. Gordon of Maine for filming this explosion!".

If that's how you want it Hilt, sure.
I didn't see myself in the credit section at -all- but you know.. :U

I was the one that asked Fino to do all of the Q&A things mainly because of the same reason. It looks cleaner to me.
Now, if you don't like it that way, sure. You can answer. Up to you guys. I just suggested this to Fino and Fino took it gladly.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
i like the Q & A thread, but there isn't much in there...do olimar mains have no questions?!?!

hey blackwaltz, what is the next tourney you think you will be attending? ^^

Dotcom

Smash Lord
i'm going to not going to not go to genesis.
because i do not not not have the money.

Can't wait to not not not not not see you there skank <3
the next ecrc is in like august ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom