• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sudai

Stuff here
As some of you may know, I resigned from my moderator position last night. Don't take this as a free pass to spam or anything though. The SMods have their hawk eyes pinned on you until a new mod gets assigned. : )

It was fun while it lasted, but I'm just too busy to be a good mod and I feel you guys deserve better. <3

See y'all around.

¤Vivi Orunitia¤

Smash Apprentice
Well... since someone felt they needed to lock my perfectly fine and un-infraction-able thread
Perhaps we could discuss it here

OP: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7570560#post7570560

~Fino
Meh, at least Golden Sun DS has been announced, but I am a bit upset. I was looking forward to a new pikmin game :(

As some of you may know, I resigned from my moderator position last night. Don't take this as a free pass to spam or anything though. The SMods have their hawk eyes pinned on you until a new mod gets assigned. : )

It was fun while it lasted, but I'm just too busy to be a good mod and I feel you guys deserve better. <3

See y'all around.
Meh, I wish that you hadn't resigned, I really liked having you here to close stuff and redirect new users. Why couldn't you joke around just to infract a certain spammer? ;)

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that Pikmin 3 is still coming out for the US in late 2009 or early 2010. They confirmed they were making it a while ago.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
My, that was actually very responsible, Sudai.

EDIT: Kinda useless post otherwise, sooo...

I just fought this Wario that ran a lot and even planked for a minute or so at the end. I beat him anyway (spiked him from the edge) and he whined a lot about ME camping. It was hilarious, especially since I was chasing HIM the entire time. XP

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Usmash, Utilt, and Dair.

What else?

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
I always tell him that! lol. It is true, my friend is named DarkAura and has a very good fox. He gave me a paper of his combos and techniques. 3 moves were repeated on that paper over and over again, Usmash, Utilt and Dair. Straked u forgot foxes blaster.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
Do you guys have fun gaying the **** out of people with your 500 yard grab range? I'll bet you do.

Fino

Smash Master
Lol. Susa.... it's for that reason alone I hate Ninja Link. Jew fro kid is like Olimar used to b3at t3h shnak3 but t3n d3h shnak3s l3arn3d dtrow. Shnak3 can has advantag3 now cus dthrow CG olimar to d3ath :X!?!?!?!?!?!?! i did on cpu 1 ti3m, so 3Z. Cuz i do on cpu it ma3ns it wurks in p33plz 2.

Or something along those lines... I pretty much call him a moron when ever I see him post. I can't believe people say that XD

~Fino

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lmao i told you that was ONE PLAYSTYLE OUT OF THREE... besides im never gonna use my fox vs your olimar it's too hard to combo (shut up!) small chars with fox ill just **** you with marf

Sudai

Stuff here
Because I'm too lazy to find where it's at myself, I want people to see it in context, and I think others might get a good laugh out of it.

Code tag so people don't have to scroll past it if they don't wanna read.

Code:
(5:41:32 AM) Fino: I've been so infraction-less lately :X
(5:41:35 AM) Fino: :D
(5:41:44 AM) Sudai: Just wait.
(5:41:50 AM) Fino: Hehe
(5:41:51 AM) Fino: for what?
(5:42:05 AM) Sudai: For being you, probably.
(5:42:14 AM) Fino: XD
(5:43:44 AM) Fino: hilt is my underling though
(5:43:49 AM) Fino: =]
(5:44:12 AM) Sudai: Think what you want.
(5:44:22 AM) Fino: I own the olimar forums :D
(5:44:53 AM) Fino: and now we have representation from our own nation of olimars
(5:46:02 AM) Sudai: You'd be surprised how little that matters when the person in question has the community as a whole in mind instead of a single individual that thinks he's a large, necessary part of the community.
(5:46:40 AM) Fino: think?
(5:47:04 AM) Fino: if I left and took my stuff with me
(5:47:08 AM) Fino: it wouldn't be pretty
(5:47:09 AM) Fino: ^^;
(5:47:18 AM) Sudai: Try it and see?  I'm sure it'd be perfectly fine.
(5:48:04 AM) Fino: When I go inactive for over a day I get PM's from Dyne, EMZ, as well as others asking where I am
(5:48:07 AM) Fino: :P
(5:48:19 AM) Fino: or telling me I need to check a thread out
(5:48:38 AM) Sudai: *shakes head*  There's just no talking with your ego.
(5:52:08 AM) Fino: well... the oliamr forums would lose the Q&A thread, the video thread, one of the longest character guides on swf, valuable input in lots of threads (could be replaced by hilt... who is occasionally wrong), general sillyness, as well as someone who has pushed olimar meta-game from joke character to high tier
(5:53:13 AM) Fino: Not to mention the various glitches and "ATs" I've found for olimar
(5:53:50 AM) Fino: And we would likely still be stuck at frigate and RC being insta-lose stages
(5:54:32 AM) Fino: sorry if I'm an inconvenience that wouldn't be noticed if left
(5:54:40 AM) Fino: :)
(5:55:39 AM) Sudai: Easily remade.  You haven't answered many questions anyway; Video thread is ****ty as well, and again remakeable; "your" guide is just a conglomeration of other people's info, again, easily recreatable; most of your "input" is hidden in spam and others will pick up what little slack there is; You didn't advance his meta-game nearly as much as the other bigger Olis did; ATs and glitches all would have been found otherwise;  Frigate and RC are the one thing I'll let you have credit for however.
(5:56:08 AM) Fino: other big oli's
(5:56:16 AM) Fino: as in who?
(5:56:43 AM) Sudai: AndyG, BlackWaltz?  Those names ring a bell?
(5:57:01 AM) Sudai: Those are just two Olis that I know for a fact would **** you up and down.
(5:57:11 AM) Fino: also my guide is maybe 35% other people's stuff 65% original material
(5:57:19 AM) Fino: andy g and blackwaltz haven't done much
(5:57:26 AM) Fino: they are recent olimars
(5:57:51 AM) Fino: andy g wasn't really as good as everyone thought he was.... blackwaltz is just an efficient camper
(5:58:27 AM) Sudai: Idc, all I'm saying is leave the Olimar boards for a month.  Tell people you're leaving if you want but don't tell them when you'll be back.  See how much of an impact it really leaves.
(5:58:33 AM) Fino: olimar's who have advanced olimar's metagame would be myself, shrinkray, kovarish, hai I'm fearless, NC-Echo, true redemption.... but those guys don't ring a bell do they?
(5:58:54 AM) Fino: also note I plan to write a double guide for olimar soon
(5:58:55 AM) Fino: why?
(5:59:07 AM) Fino: olimar boards are lazy, hilt won't write it because he knows nothing about doubles
(5:59:12 AM) Fino: and I'm the only one who will do it
(5:59:14 AM) Sudai: Because that's the only way you'll believe me and that's the only way I'll beliee you.
(5:59:24 AM) Sudai: believe**
(6:01:22 AM) Sudai: So until you do that, I'll just continue to think you're more of a plauge to the Oli boards than anything else~
(6:01:25 AM) Fino: someone is a little pessimistic
(6:01:47 AM) Sudai: Nope, you're just overly narcassistic to the point that you can't see the truth about your existance on the Oli boards.
(6:03:39 AM) Fino: Making a good bye thread is considered spam and I would get infracted
(6:03:45 AM) Fino: you of all people should know better than that
(6:03:47 AM) Fino: :P
(6:04:27 AM) Sudai: I didn't mean a goodbye thread.
(6:04:35 AM) Fino: then what?
(6:04:35 AM) Sudai: I meant the social thread
(6:04:44 AM) Sudai: Or even just telling people over AIM/PMs
(6:04:49 AM) Sudai: Instead of just vanishing
(6:05:04 AM) Fino: I'll leave for a week
(6:05:07 AM) Fino: just for the ****s
(6:05:39 AM) Sudai: Don't forget to get rid of your threads
(6:05:49 AM) Sudai: But a week wouldn't do anything really anyway
(6:05:56 AM) Sudai: It won't give people to get in gear and organize themselves
(6:05:58 AM) Fino: Well that would just be plain stupid
(6:06:08 AM) Sudai: Not stupid, you can save your threads in .txt files
(6:06:08 AM) Fino: Why ruin my rep if I'm not quitting?
(6:06:37 AM) Sudai: Idc
(6:06:47 AM) Fino: I do
(6:06:49 AM) Sudai: But as said, a week wouldn't be worth it anyway
(6:07:11 AM) Fino: why ruin myself over a stupid trivial thing
(6:07:13 AM) Fino: XD
(6:07:20 AM) Fino: just gunna quit
(6:07:24 AM) Fino: and magically be back
(6:07:29 AM) Fino: even for a month
(6:07:33 AM) Fino: it would be pretty gay to do taht
(6:07:42 AM) Sudai: *shrug*  I'm not making you do it.
(6:07:44 AM) Fino: I'd be the new dabuz
(6:19:58 AM) Fino: is someone depressed again :[
(6:20:19 AM) Sudai: ?
(6:20:21 AM) Sudai: Nah
(6:20:56 AM) Fino: if you were being serious earlier.... I understand why everyone on the olimar forums hated you
(6:20:57 AM) Fino: lol
(6:21:17 AM) Fino: except maybe hilt
(6:21:21 AM) Fino: which is prolly why he's mod now
(6:21:32 AM) Sudai: Not everyone hated me, I can promise you that.
(6:21:38 AM) Sudai: Even excluding Hilt
(6:21:58 AM) Fino: everyone that I talked to
(6:22:35 AM) Fino: I know skank, zori, andy g, blackwaltz, and llumys stopped coming to the olimar forums when you became mod
(6:22:41 AM) Fino: :X
(6:23:02 AM) Fino: hilt is mod, and all of a sudden blackwaltz and llumys start posting again
(6:23:05 AM) Fino: XD
(6:23:13 AM) Fino: andy g is perma banned....
(6:23:14 AM) Fino: lol
(6:24:09 AM) Sudai: AndyG, Waltz, and Skank are coincidence.  Lummys' got infracted by me a lot because he spammed a lot.  He's yet to spam much since Hilt became mod and he was back before I resigned.
(6:24:23 AM) Sudai: Dunno what's up with Zori because I never infracted him
(6:24:29 AM) Fino: zori is....
(6:24:30 AM) Fino: random
(6:24:31 AM) Fino: lol
(6:24:44 AM) Fino: I think zori quit swf
(6:24:59 AM) Fino: cause of infractions that wouldn't have normally been infractions
(6:25:28 AM) Sudai: *shrug*  Iunno. I only ever interacted with him at one tourney and that was a random friendly before I became mod.
(6:25:39 AM) Fino: lol
(6:25:45 AM) Fino: I haven't seen zori irl
(6:26:17 AM) Fino: I told him if I ever come to hobo I would buy him a pair of pink boots size 10 and 1/2
(6:26:25 AM) Fino: (his shoe size XD)
(6:26:41 AM) Sudai: heh

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Fino, you remind me of the guy at parties that always drinks too much and ends up doing dumb stuff because he can't handle it. He's the life of the party, but no one respects him as a person.

Just quit spamming so much, work on your own game, and post intelligently. Only then will you be a respected member of the community. That and some of the more responsible SWF members like Sudai won't be on your back all the time. A lot of people like you because they think you're funny- not because they think you're good at this game and/or helpful. That's your own delusion.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
lol drama dram a dram

Anyway. No, I don't know if I speak for everyone, but I disliked Sudai since the first time he showed up.

Also, I still hold to it that your ego is pretty large, Fino. I've been playing Brawl since *** release as Olimar only and I still play that way to this day. (Though I did use almost everyone at least once, I still need to play some people like toon link, old link, shiek, cfalcon, ness, a bunch of others)

Without Fino, I'd have gotten around to getting DanGR or someone who likes typing in a nice form to do my personal guide on Olimar.

Without Fino, this would mean you'd see my version of what he has except it's all purely made from me. (With help from a writer).

Yeah though. That's rude of Sudai and as you all may know me, I'm an extremely agreeable guy and I actually dislike people maybe once every five years of note. I can think of only three people that I dislike or worse off the top of my head.

Gary xxxxxx and Sudai.
I'm sorry. Just two people. My bad.

EDIT)) I'm not too great at camping as much as other stuff imo.

Sudai

Stuff here
Waltz, I'm sorry you hate me, but this whole thing isn't about whether people like eachother or not. Fino just has it in his mind that that's the case. I know for a fact he's more liked on the Olimar boards than I am, not trying to deny that. That doesn't change the fact that the boards would be better, character development wise, without him and his constant spam.*

*I'm not claiming that I help in any form or fashion now that I'm no longer a mod.

Oh, and Fino, I've heard from very reliable sources that you act the exact same way in real life as you do on the boards. I take that with a grain of salt since I've never personally experienced, but know some people out there feel that your ego carries everywhere, not just the net, and it has no reason to.

PS: Fino really does think this is about people liking me/him. I still don't know why though, I keep telling him it's not about that but he thinks showing me chat logs of people saying they don't like me is going to effect me. XD

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
thinking of me as an underling is entirely wrong and in no way correct, fino. if I were to be considered an "underling" of anyone, it would be killjoy, or mlg jv, or someone with power. not you. also, I want people to understand that I in no way consider myself a "ruler" or "leader" of the olimar boards. I'm nothing more than a mod, to keep these boards as organized as possible, and as far from becoming out of control with spam as possible. and if you become a cause of this, I won't hesitate to infract you. me being mod does not give you a free ticket to be yourself on here without fear of infractions.

you are in no way a "king" among us. you're a really funny guy, I'll admit. I like talking to you in chats\aim as well as irl. but you love to put yourself on a pedestal. you love making yourself look superior. i have no doubt that you'll come to dislike or hate me or whatever, when you get infracted by me because of doing something stupid.

and if you were never here, there would be a lot less humor, but not much else would be different. the only reason you own so many threads is because you took the first initiative. if you weren't here to do that, someone else would have ended up doing it. I'm sorry, but you aren't the olimar boards.

Fino

Smash Master
You know I like to exaggerate everything. I think metaknight is an even match-up and R.O.B. is 60-40 oli... RC is one of his best stages, I say I'm a good olimar even though I've placed horribly last couple tournaments.

I wouldn't take word for word everything I said like ZOMG fino is an ***....

~Fino

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Sudai - You made it sound like would someone care if Fino left. Hilt has the right idea on that matter.

Fino, I told you enough to lower any extra ego you have that is unwarranted.

Sudai is gone now in my mind, so it's all for the better there.

Hilt plays Olimar, doesn't infract for the wrong things. (I'd rather have been infracted for a post that wasn't about the current topic than how I -was- infracted for something on topic, Sudai.)

Nokon

Smash Apprentice
Hello Olimar Mainers!

I'm rather new to smashboards, I have a few posts but nothing amazing. I never really got "into" the competitive scene until summer set in. I was introduced into the scene formally at a Lan Center in Orlando Fl, GigaBits. Before then I was one of those "I'm a every character main, cause I know that much about the game" - I've never gotten my *** handed to me so hard in my life.
So later that day I was practicing with my friend, who was playing olimar. We were doing mirriors quite a bit. Olimar rolled around, and something was odd - I enjoyed it. For some reason I'm so much more engaged when I play olimar so I figure it should be my main. Plus he's sexy as hell =]

Blue glovsies anyone?

Plasma Pikmin

Smash Apprentice
Hey dude! Welcome to Smashboards (even though you joined a year ago lol)! Always good to meet new Smashers. I'm sure you'll like the Olimar Boards. We're all nice most of the time. If you need anything, just ask me or some of the other people here. Again, welcome to Olimar Forums! =D

PS: Use Rojolimar or Negrolimar. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom