• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew III: The McKinney Pizza FULL RESULTS POSTED

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Full Results to come some time later today. In the mean time:

Top 8 for Singles (out of 32 entrants)
1: Overswarm (ROB, MK) = $148
2: AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) = $68
3: Champ (Falco) = $43
4: Infern (Snake, Ike?) = $26
5: TYR (Lucas) = $13
5: Capem (Meta Knight) = $13
7: Nope (Snake)
7: Zozefup (Meta Knight)
9: Fonz
9: Zach
9: ParanormalSin
9: King Beef
13: Beegs
13: Argent
13: King Yoshi
13: CRUNCH

Results from pools
1: King Beef
1: Zach
1: Infern
1: Champ
5: AlphaZealot
5: Nope
5: Overswarm
5: Capem
9: Argent
9: Beegs
9: CRUNCH
9: ParanormalSin
13: TyR
13: Fonz
13: Zozefup
13: King Yoshi
17: Lou
17: TheJerk
17: Cake
17: Travesty
21: Fromundaman
21: Nicalobe
21: PsychoPenguinX
21: Goadmoose
25: Ripn
25: Hence
25: Fortenium
25: French
29: Whaleit
29: Dlaw
29: Katon
29: Quinn

Top 4 for doubles (out of 12 teams)
1. AlphaZealot + Overswarm = $110
2. Fonz + Capem = $60
3. Lou + Nope = $30
4. Infern + Travesty
5: King Yoshi + Beegs
5: Fromundaman + Argent
7: CRUNCH + Moose
7: Cake + Zozefup
9: Realiten + Whaleit
9: Hence + Fortenium
9: Penguin + Frenchman
9: Amy + Quinn

http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6159

WaB IV is June 13th. There will be no cap for this event. Some things will be run differently. There is a basement to Wings and Brew, basically we will have about 25% more room down there. It is also cooler then upstairs. The meal cards will likely be gone. Instead, so you don't have to run upstairs and back downstairs for food constantly, they will provide all you can eat pizza + fountain drinks all day long (or possibly cans, not confirmed yet). Basically they will bring pizzas out every hour and you guys can just devour them. I think we may get wings brought out every other hour or so to. This stuff isn't 100% confirmed but this is roughly how it will work next time.

Please post and let me know if you can attend the next WaB:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=208631
No cap, but I still need headcounts for scheduling/to know if we have enough TV's. I'm hoping for 40-50 for the championship.

Wings and Brew Tournament Series - Point Totals (Through 3 Events)
1: AlphaZealot - 54
2: Overswarm - 48
3: Nope - 28
4: Quivo - 24
5: Capem - 22
5: Champ - 22
7: Infern - 16
8: BYAA! - 14
9: Tyr - 10
10: Zach - 8
11: Fonz - 6
12: Lou - 5
13: IThrowThings - 4
13: Zozefup 4
13: Baro - 4
13: ParanormalSin - 4
17: CRNCH - 3
17: King Yoshi - 3
19: Mr.E - 2
19: Cake - 2
19: King Beef 2
19: ArgentStew - 2
23: The Jerk - 1
23: Kicks - 1
23: Pdiamond - 1
23: TheKeist - 1
23: The Jerk - 1
23: Mars - 1
23: Beegs 1

clowsui

Smash Legend
Holy b33p!

I might actually be at WaB IV! It's also around my birthday time so hopefully you guys are willing to let me win for my birthday ;3

Good stuff AZ OS...Tyr getting 5th WHAT A MONSTER!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Favorite quotes:
"He's just a boy!" [when Ness is getting owned in crews]

"I'm not worried" - AZ after every game of every set

"Are you going to drink tonight?" -Amy
"I... I don't know. Maybe. I don't know." -AZ

"I just lost my first Brawl+ match." -OS, while Amy giggles

*champ tries pivot grab*
"hahahahahaha" *dair* -OS

"I trained this guy's Diddy!" -Cake
"Yeah, but you also didn't get out of pools." -Capem
*Cake gets up*

*random guy walks in and tells his friend they're leaving*
"I just have to finish this one match, then I'm done. It'll jsut take a second." -Crew guy
"You can scream for him if you want." -OS
"Oh, we're screaming? Sweet. YEAH! YOU CAN DO IT!-Crew guy's friend

I'd give shoutouts, but I pretty much talked to everyone there. Zozefup was surprisingly good with MK, and I can't wait to play our money match at The Competition. :D

All of top 7 could have rearranged in a lot of different ways. Tons of good competition at such a small place.

My voice is also gone.

EVERYONE GO TO "THE COMPETITION", the next CIRCUIT EVENT in Athens, OH, next weekend!

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
Nasti Nati > everyone else

Shoutouts!

Overswarm: You should use ROB more often. That was awesome in Grand Finals. Especially when me and Infern were like the only people there to root for you. Thanks for not helping Zozefup against me too.

Alphazealot: Great tourney. Amazing venue. Beast Diddy. Hopefully play you again sometime.

Champ: Good **** man. I didn't get to play you at all but you were playing crazy good.

Infern: GOD KAIS! Only person to ever root for me while playing a bracket set against me...mindgames?

Tyr: Best Lucas in the midwest. You're so amazing. Stop losing...

Capem: I'll beat you again someday. Pink Metaknight is the best.

Zozefup: That's one patient, scary Metaknight. One of the most intense sets I've played in. Good **** man.

Fonz: We need to play next time. Watched your Ganon and am a little bit scared.

Nicalobe: Low tiers for the win. Have to play you next time.

King Beef: That is one monster peach. Sorry if I seemed kind of standoffish. I was really stressed about our pool and trying to help my friend as well. I hope to see you again in tourney.

Argent: I hate playing against Lucario. lol at your crazy power at 180% or whatever it was in pools.

Zach: Your MK is really good. You should come to more tournaments.

Lou: Our pool was stupid. You pretty much got screwed out of going into brackets and it really sucks. Our set was mad close and you could have placed atleast as well as I did if you'd gotten into brackets.

Jordan: Keep playing Lucas. Low tiers rock. Thanks for rooting for me in brackets.

Anyone I forgot or didn't play: Hope to play you in tournament sometime.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to come to the next WaB since I'll be on my way to Boston for a music camp. The venue deal sounds even better. Good job, AZ.

Hence

Smash Ace
As far as I'm concerned, this tournament never happened. :(

Columbus peoples, we must meet up sometime. My timing is soo off because of how much I've been playing on Wi-Fi. Offline brawl literally feels like a different game...

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
and Schwaumlaut, i got taken out by AZ(Diddy(Very Very Close Matches 2-1)) and by Champ ( By not playing serious 2-0( Also went Ike the second match, if u need that for ur info))
Thanks, Infern. It was all Snake, except for one game vs. Champ?

Others from top 8, if you could post which characters won in each game of the sets that knocked you out, we'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

RipN

Smash Apprentice
Good stuff at the tourney guys. I had an AMAZING time!

**Shoutouts**

1. Overswarm (ROB, MK) - Good **** dude, Especially under the intense pressure of RipN in the grand finals.
2. AlphaZealot (Diddy Kong) = I was behind you... Had Smashfield with you... You failed us :( LoL Great time and good job running the tourney.
3. Champ (Falco) Scrub
4. Infern (Snake, Ike?) Bigger scrub... I'm going to signature MM you when I'm sober... I was so drunk when we played... It'll never happen again... LoL
5. TYR (Lucas) Amazing Lucas... Didn't know what to do. Good stuff (High 5)
5. Capem (Meta Knight) Scrub
7. Nope (Snake) ENORMOUS scrub... big sad face
7. Zozefup (Meta Knight) Good stuff from what I saw. Especially after a long drive.

**Special Shoutouts**

BEEGS!! - LoL that was some funny... Funny stuff... All night long. I don't know why you told CapEm to say that pick up line. He said it like 10 times.

Lou - It's a unique situation... lmao

Warfie - I can't be taken anywhere... Unless you're there... Because you'd be the one to get arrested because you're black... LoL

psin - Never playing doubles with you again...

Jerk - Should've made the tourney... Taking 9% in one set... Should automatically put you into the bracket. We will definitely bust out some TvC next time.

Katon - IDK how you figure out how to do some of these things (lighter as a sensor bar... what?!) but it's nasty.

Amy - Go ahead and work out some and then you might be able to beat me in arm wrestling with 2 hands :D. You did whoop my *** in brawl+ tho... I know how AZ feels

Ummm... Yeah... I'm still tired after last night. So I'll do more shout outs later or something.

Good fun to all. If I offended you, insulted you, or made you angry - My Bad. It's all in good fun. (Happy Face)

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
First up we have, coming all the way from SpringFielddddddddddddddddddddd, getting 2-0'd wanting to get honor back after I destroyed Nope in Snake Dittosssssssssss

CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mmmmmm gorgeous, next up on the plate, after wanting a Mario Ditto MM agaisnt a God Kai, getting 2-0'd and also from SpringField, and lastly having written his john in the dollar,we haveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

RIPN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, Last but certaintly not least, the player from Springfield who took out Nope out of losers, Took Out Capem Out of Losers, but didnt believe I didnt care much in our brackets fight, the one, the only, the 3rd Place Winnerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

CHAMP CHAMP CHAMP!!!

haha all in good humor, much love for Springfield

lou4222

Smash Lord
Haha this is hilarious. The dollar bills are so clear. Infern will never get a signed dollar bill from Lou though. I appreciate you not making me sign my dollar bill after you beat me too. Infern was tearing Springfield up yesterday. I was so so so so so so so so relieved to finally win a mm though. I just really love the healthy competition between Springfield and Cincinnati. I know we always say this, but a crew battle must happen. Here are the teams.

Springfield- Nope, Capem,Lou,Champ,Cake, Fonz Paranormalsin, Wakka

Cincy- Overswarm, Infern, YBM,Smash, TYR, and three more of your choosing.

May the battle for Ohio be decided once and for all.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
hey infern, we'll have to get a MM in aswell, im eager to see how i do against you.
either oli vs ike or that snake of yours vs oli.

and nope, i want that snake match again soon, i got caught up in just trying to get the kill rather than playing it safe and getting it the way i wanted to. and yeah, 518% damage compaired to your 250-300 made me sad :(

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha this is hilarious. The dollar bills are so clear. Infern will never get a signed dollar bill from Lou though. I appreciate you not making me sign my dollar bill after you beat me too. Infern was tearing Springfield up yesterday. I was so so so so so so so so relieved to finally win a mm though. I just really love the healthy competition between Springfield and Cincinnati. I know we always say this, but a crew battle must happen. Here are the teams.

Springfield- Nope, Capem,Lou,Champ,Cake, Fonz Paranormalsin, Wakka

Cincy- Overswarm, Infern, YBM,Smash, TYR, and three more of your choosing.

May the battle for Ohio be decided once and for all.
We don't have eight...so you should prolly do a five on five unless you're willing to do 7v7 with me and SS being the sixth and seventh
Though I dunno if OS is willing to play crews with a scrub like me -____- He's refused before on those grounds

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Inui:
OS lost to me 3-1 when he used MK in winners finals.

He used ROB to beat Champ on Japes for one game in losers finals.

He used only ROB in grand finals versus me. He won 3-1, then after being down 2-0 in the second set he came back and won the second set 3-2 : all ROB. Ugh, I wish I could have fought MK.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
AZ... I'll be at the next one. I hope OS is there too... The BEST quote from the whole night...

(OS walks outside as RipN is standing there)
OS - Who was talking so much during the match?
RipN - (laughs) Me (laughs again)
OS - Ahhhh! (waves fists in a circular motion) Fisticuffs!!

What do you guys think was the best quote from the night?

fonzi21

Smash Ace
Shout-outs later:
Fonz - "Somebody call the cops! Cause Overswarm is getting *****!"
Infern - GG's dude. you spot dodged way to much and I was able to punish with the downsmash. I'd gladly give you more of the matchup experience next time we meet if you want it =D
Capem - Good **** in doubles again
Nope - You lost to champ....
Champ - First one to F-smash wins
Hence - Halberd = Failure =( I'm sorry that sucked big time.
Jerk - Sorry you didn't make pools your getting tons better though!
Katon - Fun to hang with you!
King beef - I had to try Ganon against you. Didn't go the way I planned.
Beegs - Excellent Matches sir, see you thursday!
AZ - Great tournament unfortunate loss in the Grand Finals, Doubles was epic until you guys turned it on.
Overswarm - Good to see you, awesome win, and Next time Capem and I will win the doubles! Thanks for the chats we had.
Warfie+Lou - Street fighter isn't Brawl, and G&W what happened?
Zozefup - Thanks for the MM Nice Kirby. I like fighting MK better =D
Zach - Ganondorf > Metaknight. Ban the Boat!

Draft Crews FTW, sorry anyone I missed GG's everyone!

Good stuff, AZ.

Overswarm sucks! :bee:

jk kinda sorta

Who did you beat with ROB? I don't see anyone there that you need MK for.
Oh and Inui come to the midwest if you think we are that easy, Bring your A-game because we already know that Nope crushed you so hard in a MM at CoT4 that you walked off the stage with Metaknight then tried to play D3 and still lost. GG's.
Way to come into our results thread and basically insult everyone in here with that post.

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Shout-outs later:
Fonz - "Somebody call the cops! Cause Overswarm is getting *****!"
Infern - GG's dude you spot dodged way to much and I was able to punish with the downsmash. I'd gladly give you more of the matchup experience next time we meet if you want it =D

Oh and Inui come to the midwest if you think were that easy, Bring your A-game because we already know that Nope crushed you so hard in a MM at CoT4 that you walked off the stage with Metaknight then tried to play D3 and still lost. GG's.
Way to come into our results thread and basically insult everyone in here with that post.
was it nope who had the idea of all of springfield wailing on his metaknight?

ill gladly take that D3 of Inui's....

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
INFERN!- Good **** last night. beatin nope 3 times very nice. good times as always.

OS-goodjob, matches were lots of fun we will have to play again. ill have to try ur shine tactic against diddy too thanks.

AZ- awesome tourney again!!! lots of fun

beegs- ur goin through smash bootcamp thursday! xP

nope- lol yesturday was FREE SNAKE WINS YAY!!!!

capem-Pew Pew!!!

Amy- Awesome tee shirts

lou&cake-*disappointed face* what r u doing??

NICK!!- yeah! YOSHI TIME!

wakka- u didnt show up...FAIL!

Keist-u didnt show up...FAIL!

Quinn- lol sorry i influenced u to pour beer on someone lol

every1 else that i played or that i didnt play GGs

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui:
OS lost to me 3-1 when he used MK in winners finals.

He used ROB to beat Champ on Japes for one game in losers finals.

He used only ROB in grand finals versus me. He won 3-1, then after being down 2-0 in the second set he came back and won the second set 3-2 : all ROB. Ugh, I wish I could have fought MK.
Oh, ok.

Imo, MK loses or goes even with Diddy on neutrals, while ROB has an advantage against Diddy.

Agree? Just something I think after recent experiences.

Top Bottom