• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew III: The McKinney Pizza FULL RESULTS POSTED

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
heres my shouts, enjoy :D

1: King Beef - never got to play you but i do want to play you quite bad. if youre going to be at the competition id love to get some friendlies done.
1: Zach - man, nice placing in pools and overall, always glad to see you around, please come to the competition??? xD
1: Infern - we will get that MM done, and btw, *looking sat beegs* "did you says something bad about the GOD KAIS??" could quite possibly the only convo i got involved with it went out-of-had real fast.
1: Champ - i played very baaaaad against you, we'll play more this week.
5: AlphaZealot - sorry i had to leave early through the finals but i want to get some friendlies in with you, ee if im doing any better in that match-up than the last time
5: Nope - foiled again, i will get you soon, too bad i choked on yoshis, got too pre occupied with trying to kill you than rather playing it safe for the opening.
5: Overswarm - grats yet again sir, your bro was cool. id like to sign that shirt of yours here soon, but not in any other color but red...MM Rob vs Oli? :D
5: Capem - grats on placing, ill play you as-well this week, so be prepared.
9: Argent - sucks man, youre really good, and i mean, really really good, and im sure some day youre gonna crucsh me, so dont give up on this game. i guess one way to look at it is, all the people you play, are also playing it for fun. so theres really no irritation involved unless "in your eyes" you see that you did bad, but then like you said, thats where the IMPROVEMENTS kick in. i recently started taking breaks, analyzing what i did right, what i did wrong and coming back with a clear mind. helps me out a lot. saly i didnt get that time between king yosh and TYR cause i figured out tyrs playstyle late in game one.
9: Beegs - such a cool guy, glad i met you, we got more textures last night for some characters...including like 3 more MK ones. we even messed up on one of the textures but wakka doesnt want to keep it. i think it looks cool....like i said, really cool guy, we'll have to play some friendlies on thursday night
9: CRUNCH - hey, i got to watch you play and it really looks like your wario is coming along. glad to see that and hear that. too bad we didnt get to play but we will also have to get some friendlies in at The Competition
9: ParanormalSin - seiously dude, WTF, Olimar...President Olimar??? ****ing idiot....
13: TyR - good job man, great ending to game one. sorry if i seemed pissed off, believe me, it was at myself. i would like a MM against you at The Competition if you are going.
13: Fonz - youre on a boat? grats in doubles. tell nope ill be over soon this week...especially thursday.
13: Zozefup - never got to play youm but from what i hear, you suprised a few of us. grats on that :D
13: King Yoshi - ok, i want a rematch on delfino against you sir :D i played bad and dumb, underestimated your mk, that was my fault. sucks that we both did poor in the tourny but i can tell that you are getting better. sorry the Stage Strike in pools didnt work out too well for ya, but thats something i had to go for xD
17: Lou - not making it out of pools??? wtf man? jk i know some of the pools were really tough but i know you'll come back with a vengeance at The Competition
17: TheJerk - IC's????? i demand a match against those two sir :D always glad yo see you, doubles with katon and ripn were too fun. maybe i can send you guys that vid of teams and you can post em up.
17: Cake - talking with you was more fun than watching CRUNCH try to fingure out if you actually 2-0'd OS xD iit seems you and i have some similarities when i comes to our hate for the mk.
17: Travesty - quite the cool guy. dont let an odd match up confuse you. talk to your bro, he'll tell you all you need to know to beat olimar...im sure he thinks it is quite the easy match up too. you should deff come to more tournies tho, always cool to meet new people.
21: Fromundaman -ahhh man, FFA was too good. hahah we'll do some more FFA texture stuff at The Competition :D
21: Nicalobe - bloshi didnt deliver??? aww man, i was looking forward to seeing you in brakets. you going to the competition???? would love to see you there. (do you like dry bones??? we got that yoshi texture on our wii now :D)
21: PsychoPenguinX -as you stated, you never got to talk to me, but like i said, feel free to talk to me anytime you want. always nice seeing and talking to new people.
21: Goadmoose - you are really laid back from what ive seen, i like that. your shiek is also very nasty. i was watching the one replay we have saved on the wii and at one point you caught me completely off guard....real good matches in pools tho. hope to see you soon.
25: Ripn - we should team more often....yes???
25: Hence - deff a diff zero suit than im used to but like i said man, and you saw it yourself, those armor peices wreck olimar....badly. also, sorry bout being a gay spammer on Japes, ive been trying to tell people not to take me there cause to be honest, i hate spamming, but its the only safe way i know to play that level without being put into the water.
25: Fortenium - who?
25: French - who?
29: Whaleit - who?
29: Dlaw - saw your ness again, looks like hes coming a long quite well, too bad i didnt get to talk to you either :(
29: Katon - SOlimar is way too good, rofl at a 7min ***** fight between to very helpless characters :D also, the ending to that game was very very good :d too bad i didnt save, SOlimar rematch?
29: Quinn - by far the coolest kid i know. glad to see that hes just as eager to learn this game than anyone. i got the chance to sit down and talk with quinn in our pools match in which he almost one both games. the kid is very nice and very interesting. looks up to Quivo a lot too.

and there you have it, if i forgot anyone or if there is something youd like to bring up, let me know by responding :D

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
King Beef: yea that is what Amy said she thought it was his.

I will be at the circuit event. I may also be going to TYM but I'm not 100% positive yet

ArgentStew

Smash Lord

thats where the IMPROVEMENTS kick in.
Another thing I notice happens every time is that I never seem to have anyone to play against that's capable of winning against me regularly... It's hard to improve when your best local competition is a Sonic player who is completely confused by Lucario... :/

I mean look at the rest of the northeast... Vidjo doesn't play, nojoes doesn't play, Shugo is relatively inactive, I never hear anything from King Chaos, Byaa doesn't play often (let alone outside of the northeast), and I rarely see King Beef...

Because of all the inactivity, I wreck at the tourneys around here... For example, at King Yoshi's last two tournies, I've only lost one game outside of playing Byaa (who destroys me) and that loss was a close one to a Marth on BF...

Please correct me if I'm incorrect/exaggerating... :(

Zozefup

Smash Lord
I'm in Newark, OH all this week. Does anyone live near here? I need to get some friendlies in before next week too. So if anyone wants to play, or if you could get some people together AZ, I'd like to come to Colombus to practice.

Shout outs

Overswarm: It was nice finally meeting you. Those MK dittos were fun. You do some CRAZY CRAZY stuff with MK that I didn't even know was possible lol. And thinks for helping me out with match ups. I won some games that I probably would have lost if it wasn't for your advice.

Cake: I can't believe you didn't make it out of brackets! Especially since you 2-0ed OS in our pool. After that I thought I was going to get smoked, but I guess OS just needs to be more campy lol. "Playing with Diddy is like constantly taunting the entire match" lol.

AlphaZealot- Great job running the tournament! Sorry about showing up late and causing problems in pools lol. You dealt with it really well though, and everything went very smoothly. I want to get some games in with you before I head back to Illinois though.

Champ- Honestly, I was really excited about our set. I counter picked Kirby against your Falco game one and won. You smoked me game two with your counter pick. Then game 3 we had a MK ditto on FD. I'm probably better a MK dittos than any other match up with MK, but it didn't matter :(. Your MK skill level surprised me. I don't think I'm going to beat you in a MK ditto anytime soon. GGs, and great job in the tournament.

Infern- I think you said a couple pages back that our matches were close. They weren't. You 2-3 stocked me every game we played lol. You're the only person I played that I felt hopeless against lol. I usually don't have many problems against snake, but that was ridicuolus. GGs. I thought you had a good shot at winning the whole thing. I want to get some games in with you too before I leave so I can figure out what the heck to do. lol

Tyr- Your lucas is amazing! I don't know anything about the match up, but I never thought I'd have problems with it either. I think we had the closest games I've ever played. All 3 games were last stock over 120%. They were really fun though. I've been thinking about what to do against lucas and I have some new ideas to try for our next match.

King Beef- Your Peach is insane. Every peach I've ever played against get ***** by Nado lol. Not yours :(. You smoked my MK pretty hard. My G&W counter pick seemed to give you a lot of problems though. I want some more matches VS your Kirby too. I used to be a Kirby main, but I switched because I kept losing to MK lol. You handled the match up pretty well though.

Lou- Thanks for helping me with directions! lol. Sorry I made things complicated

Overall this tournament was AWESOME! I learned a lot and I think I've improved a lot by coming. I'm sure I have a lot more shout outs, but I was exahusted and there were a lot of new names to remember :). Katon, I know I played you a lot, but I can't remember who you used? And who was the Gannon I MMed?

Hence

Smash Ace
Another thing I notice happens every time is that I never seem to have anyone to play against that's capable of winning against me regularly... It's hard to improve when your best local competition is a Sonic player who is completely confused by Lucario... :/

I mean look at the rest of the northeast... Vidjo doesn't play, nojoes doesn't play, Shugo is relatively inactive, I never hear anything from King Chaos, Byaa doesn't play often (let alone outside of the northeast), and I rarely see King Beef...

Because of all the inactivity, I wreck at the tourneys around here... For example, at King Yoshi's last two tournies, I've only lost one game outside of playing Byaa (who destroys me) and that loss was a close one to a Marth on BF...

Please correct me if I'm incorrect/exaggerating... :(
I frequently play wifi matches with KingChaos and Shugo. :ohwell:

jokey665

Smash Ace
Speaking of not playing, the only person I ever play outside of tournaments is Framerate, and that's only when he's not at school. (He's always at school.)

Never practicing is bad for your game :(

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well that's because I'm having some trouble getting my own car. Once I do (and that will be soon), you'll see me around a lot more. Travel issues were the only thing holding me back from any sort of recognition. The same goes for Melee. ^.^;

King Beef- Your Peach is insane. Every peach I've ever played against get ***** by Nado lol. Not yours :(. You smoked my MK pretty hard. My G&W counter pick seemed to give you a lot of problems though. I want some more matches VS your Kirby too. I used to be a Kirby main, but I switched because I kept losing to MK lol. You handled the match up pretty well though.
Thank you lol. Your MK was nice as well, and I beat myself up a little after our set for going Kirby in that third match instead of Peach. It was close though so it's all good. I look forward to playing you some more soon. :)

KAT0N

Smash Apprentice
1: King Beef - Didn't play you, but I really wanted to, Peaches are fun.
1: Zach - 010010010010000001101000011000010111010001100101001000000100110101001011
1: Infern - GODKAIS! Some Crews ringer you are. =p
1: Champ - Falco? More like Failco. Fun Money Match as always. I finally read Weegee Boards so I'll get ya next time.
5: AlphaZealot - Great Tourney as always, when ever Jerk and I attend we will bring 2 setups. Guarenteed.
5: Nope - I didn't get you play you this time. Lucky me.
5: Overswarm - Grats on 1st OS. We gotta do Pokemon Battles at The Competition, just like at c4!
5: Capem - We get a chance to earn that dollar back, bring it.
9: Argent - Didn't even get friendlies with you. Coming to TC?
9: Beegs - Good times good times. Stop stealing Seeds.
9: CRUNCH - Wario, I'll have Weegee ready for TC.
9: ParanormalSin - Solimar FTW. Rematch for sure.
13: TyR - Sick Lucas as always.
13: Fonz - I'll get past those lasers next time.
13: Zozefup - Dude I LIVE in Newark, I'll PM you later.
13: King Yoshi - I didn't get you play you Yoshi.
17: Lou - Am I ever gonna get to play you again?
17: The Jerk - WE WAS ROBBED!
17: Cake - Warfie Warfie Warfie... I hope you are in my pools at TC, Diddy dittos.
17: Travesty - Didn't get to play you. Awesome Fsmashes though, what was that 5? 6 Kills?
21: Fromundaman - I want Kirby Ditto MM at TC.
21: Nicalobe - YOSHI!
21: PsychoPenguinX - We Definatly need to Smashfest some time.
21: Goadmoose - I barely even saw you there.
25: Ripn - Flame gives off IR light same as the sensor bar.
25: Hence - MM at TC?
25: Fortenium - FALCON KIC- *drown*
25: French - Brawl + is fun amirite.
29: Whaleit - Didn't play you.
29: Dlaw - Same
29: Katon - GET OUT OF POOLS YOU SCRUB.
29: Quinn - Quinn, you will get your watery revenge!
Amy- Awesome shirts!

Zosefup once again, Jerk and I live in Newark, lets smash!

Awesome tourney as always, super excited for WABIV!

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
First off, great job running this AZ. Just like WaB I, I had an amazing time. Also, thanks for letting Whaleit and Reliten join, that was greatly appreciated.

Ok, shout-outs:

1: King Beef - GG's in friendlies, I def need more practice against Peach. You and Rowan are the only Peachs I've played (and gotten ***** by)

1: Zach - Didn't play you

1: Infern - Didn't play you

1: Champ - TY for friendlies, and GG in pools. I still need more practice against Falco.. gotta get that lock down :p

5: AlphaZealot - Grats on second, still have not played you.. Hopefully at TC :O

5: Nope - That's too bad I couldn't get a MM in with you, hopefully at TC. Also: GG in doubles.. Nado on Brinstar SD ftl.. =/

5: Overswarm - Grats on first, haven't played you yet

5: Capem - GG in pools.. I learned a HUGE lesson from playing against you :O (14%... sniff sniff... :()

9: Argent - Didn't play you

9: Beegs - Didn't play you this time

9: CRUNCH - uhh... CAPTAIN (of your pool) CRUNCH.. >.>

9: ParanormalSin - Your Prolimar ***** me too hard =/ GG's man, def want some MMs with you whenever I can. I know nothing about Olimar :O

13: TyR - Only watched you play.. amazing Lucas

13: Fonz - Didn't get to play you this time... (phear the lock. phear it O.o)

13: Zozefup - Watched you play TyR.. nice MK man

13: King Yoshi - Sheik vs Pikachu is fun as ****... gotta get more matches in with you. Hopefully I won't Glide Vanish SD again... that was embarrassing :(

17: Lou - GG in doubles, didn't get to see you play much though

17: TheJerk - Still have not played you

17: Cake - The only time I saw you was at the end carrying a pitcher of beer :O

17: Travesty - INTENSE games man.. I was so excited/surprised that I won my hands were shaking when I tried to pick up the pool sheet. GG's

21: Fromundaman - I don't even know who you are :O

21: Nicalobe - Didn't play you.. Yoshi's too exotic a char to test with my Sheik anyways :p

21: PsychoPenguinX - Don't know you either =/

25: Ripn - Good **** talkin' to OS in GF... that was pretty entertaining :p

25: Hence - Didn't play you

25: Fortenium - Didn't play you this time

25: French - Yea.. DK vs Sheik is pretty one-sided imo.. she's just too fast :O

29: Whaleit - You play a pretty meeean Mario... :p

29: Dlaw - Don't know who you are =/

29: Katon - Didn't play you

29: Quinn - By far the best smasher your age :bee:

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
OS I can't wait til we play again. Ur death stare to try n make me mess up my chain grabs aren't goin to work anymore! I'm practicing them with my eyes closed so ha!! Lol

ChamP_SlayZ

Smash Apprentice
Umm,beegs is coming to springfield thursday night so we will be playin smash late thursday n friday. If ur willing to drive here we don't mind if u come either zozefup but we won't be able to drive ya to the tourney saturday we have a full car. But that's wats happening thursday n friday..

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Looks like scrubfield is doing some training after the stomping they got Saturday, u guys better learn some new stuff cause ur gonna need it

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Hehe....Springfield...lets be honest...WE WILL OWN YOU!!!....maybe that's an Understatement....But Something along them lines....

Zozefup

Smash Lord
Umm,beegs is coming to springfield thursday night so we will be playin smash late thursday n friday. If ur willing to drive here we don't mind if u come either zozefup but we won't be able to drive ya to the tourney saturday we have a full car. But that's wats happening thursday n friday..
Thats interesting. How big is the house? Maybe we could invite Cincinnati (or at least Infern or OS) and they could ride up with me. I can fit 5 in my car comfortably.

Are people coming over thursday night and staying until saturday morning?! Thats a lot of smash. I'll probably only come early friday.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman
Thats interesting. How big is the house? Maybe we could invite Cincinnati (or at least Infern or OS) and they could ride up with me. I can fit 5 in my car comfortably.

Are people coming over thursday night and staying until saturday morning?! Thats a lot of smash. I'll probably only come early friday.
you should talk to nope about that before you start making inviting suggestions? You said you were in Cbus for a week...springfield is in the middle of cinci and Cbus, so I don't think you would want to drive past springfield to cinci, pick them up and then turn back around and come to springfield? lol

Zozefup

Smash Lord
you should talk to nope about that before you start making inviting suggestions? You said you were in Cbus for a week...springfield is in the middle of cinci and Cbus, so I don't think you would want to drive past springfield to cinci, pick them up and then turn back around and come to springfield? lol
Oops, my bad :(. I didn't mean to invite anyone over to anyones house. Sorry. Maybe I can rephrase that. Would anyone like to host a smashfest the night before the circuit tournament? That way we could practice the night before the tournament and carpool together the next morning. Springfield would be the perfect location because it's in between Cinci and Columbus.

I would be happy to host one in Newark, but it's out of most peoples way. (I could feed people tho)

What exactly is going on in springfield (is Nope hosting something?)

lou4222

Smash Lord
Oops, my bad :(. I didn't mean to invite anyone over to anyones house. Sorry. Maybe I can rephrase that. Would anyone like to host a smashfest the night before the circuit tournament? That way we could practice the night before the tournament and carpool together the next morning. Springfield would be the perfect location because it's in between Cinci and Columbus.

I would be happy to host one in Newark, but it's out of most peoples way. (I could feed people tho)

Springfield really isnt in the middle. While it is roughly an hour away from both. Springfield is completely out of the way on the way to Athens. OS already said he was busy on Thursday if I recall. And I know Clowsui is having a Cincy training session. There is a thread for it.

capemkills

Smash Journeyman

there are about 8 of us that live and springfield and we are planning on playing, plus beegs is going to be coming down thursday night and riding with us saturday, but besides for that...nothing is going on

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm going to the venue on Friday, I'd suggest everyone do the same. These last minute training sessions with people that already live with you are cool and all, but they'll hurt more than help. You'll give away strategies to various players that already know you and could very well knock you out of tournament, you'll sacrifice sleep (especially the driver), and you won't get much practice against the people at the venue.

Go to the venue on Friday night, play in the awesome side tournament, and play on one of the zillion setups to practice in the meantime.... then get plenty of sleep because you just get to wake up at the venue! Trust me on that one.

Top Bottom