• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wings and Brew III: The McKinney Pizza FULL RESULTS POSTED

Overswarm

is laughing at you
you need to accept the fact that i was in the zone and that accidents happen..... LOL
If it makes you feel any better, AZ got a double KO on both our opponents and then while I'm sitting on top of the platform.... he thinks I'm a banana and kills me with a fair.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I beat you 2 sets with MK last time ;)

ROB's a lot easier when your opponent is unfamiliar with it!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Shoutouts

Overswarm- You're a pretty cool guy, I love how blunt and sarcastic you were during our set, it made it a lot more fun. I see that I can totally contend with you (against your Snake, anyway) as long as I don't **** up like I did with Peach in the first match, so I'll bring it harder next time. 'Till then bro. :)

AlphaZealot- After playing you so many times on wifi, I was pretty excited to finally meet you, and you're definitely a chill guy. It was nice talking with you, and fun set in pools. Not gonna lie, I love the Diddy matchup.

AZ's girlfriend- I never got your name, but you were very friendly. Sorry we didn't get to play a friendly match. :(

Tyr- Beast Lucas, dude. Our set was fun and I like how you handled Brinstar. Thank goodness I'm comfortable there too. I'm sure we'll meet up at another tourney sometime soon.

RipN- Fun matches. Make sure to take my Peach to Yoshi's Island (Brawl) if you're Marth, it's your best bet.

Beegs- Yeah son! Nice to see you again after all of those Melee tournies. :)

Zoze- Nice MK, since I was already in losers that third match became sort of a panic. I brought it back with Kirby but you took the set fair and square. Fun games dude.

Hence- You sneaky man, you. I couldn't find you there for ****. XD

Fromundaman- Fun games, and I don't know why...but you remind me of the Starburst Berries and Cream commercial with that dancing boy. LOL

King Yoshi- YOOOOSH! Cool seeing you again, and fun friendlies. See you at the next tourney.

Feiy- You suck.

God Kai/s- You're all weird, screamin' and ****. XD

Argent- The only guy to take a set off of me in pools. You still play a great defensive Lucario. Those matches were the shiz.

@ Wings and Brew- Your pizza is ****ing sexy delicious.

P.S.- I'm taking top three (*cough* first) at the next tourney I go to. No more ****-ups, son! XD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Oh and Inui come to the midwest if you think we are that easy, Bring your A-game because we already know that Nope crushed you so hard in a MM at CoT4 that you walked off the stage with Metaknight then tried to play D3 and still lost. GG's.
Way to come into our results thread and basically insult everyone in here with that post.
What the hell are you talking about? I jokingly said Overswarm sucks, when it's clear that he does not suck.

A Snake with a functioning brain beat me? What a shocking surprise! Every Snake that isn't horrifyingly bad or horrible vs MK will most certainly wreck me because I am atrocious beyond words at that match-up and have no practice in it. I wouldn't money match a Snake ever because I know I will lose. I didn't know he was a Snake when I said yes.

It's cool though, because he and everyone else around your region except for AZ and Quivo are extremely ignorant when it comes to everything about me.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
This is what Fonz was referring to.
It's really true, though.

This is like NJ being upset if I said "Atomsk would have won this tournament with his Wario" when he most certainly could do that here.

Overswarm was indeed better than everyone else there besides AZ, and he and AZ are basically even. Do you deny this? If not, then yes, he could have won with R.O.B., so there's no need to be offended.

lou4222

Smash Lord
Shout outs

OS- Good stuff wants again. I think this tourney showed the importance of knowing and having more than one main. Being able to play several characters well won you some dollars this weekend.

AZ- Good stuff as well. Way to adjust to OS' MK. After you adjust to his ROB OS might be out of tricks.

Champ- Good stuff. Way to rep Springfield well. If you didnt choke in the first match against OS it would have been a completely different set and could have easily resulted in you moving on. Your Falco is getting nasty.

Capem- Too bad you ran into Champ on a good day.Solid placing though. Your finally getting the rep you deserve. I know you wanted to do better but it happens.

Nope- Rough day. Tough matches against Infern but I have no doubt you will adjust and be back for revenge. Also OS is right about teams. Once we figure it out though we will be real tough to beat.

TYR- GGs man. I love playing your Lucas. I know exactly whats coming with the down air to forward smash and I still cant stop it half the time. Unbelievably close match with so much on the line. Our pools blew. After you beat me though I was rooting for you in bracket against anyone non Springfield.

Infern- Good stuff man. You have gotten tons better. You were wrecking Springfield. Thanks for the MM and im glad I was FINALLY able to win one. Your tough to beat.

King Beef- You play a nasty peach. Its a matchup I was completely unfamiliar with and it was really tough. You are easily the second best peach Ive ever played (Rowan). Honestly though its close and I think you could be as good as him. Good stuff and I definitely hope to play you a lot more.

Argent- I HATE playing against you. But none the less its fun. I just hate it because your defensive, patient Lucario is hard to beat. Good stuff in pools. Tournaments are always a lot more tough when you are there.

My pool was ridiculous. The talent at this tournament was surprisingly tough. This was easily the toughest local tournament Ive ever competed in. My pool at this tournament was A LOT tougher than it was at C4 Galore. Keep ti up Midwest. We are getting a lot better at a fast rate. Ohio needs to do well this weekend at The Competition.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@ Inui
Do you mean everybody important in our region? I honestly think you're really good, I was cheering for you at Apex + CoT4 and I was EXTREMELY disappointed when you lost to Zac + Razer
I think you're underrated + when it comes to arguing about results, except for the part where you use syllogistic arguments when it comes to who's better than who (i.e. "Inui Logic") (you don't even use this THAT much), you use facts...people just don't like you because they can't accept that you're arrogant + seem like you're riding your own **** 24/7...but I mean some people are gonna be like that so w/e

lou4222

Smash Lord
It's really true, though.

This is like NJ being upset if I said "Atomsk would have won this tournament with his Wario" when he most certainly could do that here.

Overswarm was indeed better than everyone else there besides AZ, and he and AZ are basically even. Do you deny this? If not, then yes, he could have won with R.O.B., so there's no need to be offended.
Actually OS and I were talking during this tourney and he told me that he would have an incredibly tough time advancing in this tourney without MK. Now this was before he beat AZ with ROB, but he still said it. The local tourney scene is tough in Ohio. I dont think anyone thinks that we are better than NJ,NY, ETC. But we are certainly a lot better than people give us credit for that have never been to our tournies.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
People just don't like Inui. It's one of those comforting constants in life.

Kel

Smash Master
Infern, you need to make your sig the signed dollar from lain again hahahahaha.

Ohio had the most people out of any states at FC:D. It was like 50 something if I remember.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@ Inui
Do you mean everybody important in our region? I honestly think you're really good, I was cheering for you at Apex + CoT4 and I was EXTREMELY disappointed when you lost to Zac + Razer
I think you're underrated + when it comes to arguing about results, except for the part where you use syllogistic arguments when it comes to who's better than who (i.e. "Inui Logic") (you don't even use this THAT much), you use facts...people just don't like you because they can't accept that you're arrogant + seem like you're riding your own **** 24/7...but I mean some people are gonna be like that so w/e
Yeah, I guess I meant some important players and randoms. People like you exist, and I thank you for cheering for us. Sorry for letting you down against Texas in teams. Atomsk and I just had our synergy wrecked after he scared the living daylights out of me with the jet hammer nonsense in the first game. He knows that stuff freaks me out terribly when I'm playing a serious set, so it was both of our faults.

That "Inui logic" stuff was like...2006. Yeah, it was dumb, but it's also ancient history.

Actually OS and I were talking during this tourney and he told me that he would have an incredibly tough time advancing in this tourney without MK. Now this was before he beat AZ with ROB, but he still said it. The local tourney scene is tough in Ohio. I dont think anyone thinks that we are better than NJ,NY, ETC. But we are certainly a lot better than people give us credit for that have never been to our tournies.
Overswarm is a scrub with no faith in his actual favourite character because of MK. :bee: He obviously could have won this going all R.O.B. when you think about it.

I know it was a while ago, but when I won SB3 in Ohio, I did find some of the locals to be pretty good. Some ZSS almost beat me. There was another Diddy there besides AZ that almost beat me. Quivo got wrecked game one, but game two was crazy hard. AZ and I went to last hit, game five, in winners finals.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I watched the set of Quivo vs. Inui. It was intense.

You should come to The Competition next weekend. Not many of our best players were at Season's Beatings.

fonzi21

Smash Ace
I agree Lou they are better then us, and yes Katon that's what I was referring to, but Inui with your post you worded it to the point of saying we all suck basically, and it was a cake walk through the tournament for OS. You have also made posts before stating the Midwest is terrible which you have yet to play half of us. Which is un-appreciated. Your a good player nothing against that, but don't come post saying that beating us would be a walk in the park.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Champ- Good stuff. Way to rep Springfield well. If you didnt choke in the first match against OS it would have been a completely different set and could have easily resulted in you moving on. Your Falco is getting nasty.
It wasn't choking. I drop out the tornado on purpose to make them miss ;)

It only worked once though. -_-;;

Springfield is surprising. You're all fairly solid players with few overall weaknesses, and as a group your skill level is constantly increasing every time I see you. It's crazy.

This.

ROB would have gotten wrecked this tournament. I might have lost to Beegs first round with ROB, and King Beef's Peach second round would have dominated me. He took me to Japes, one of my favorite ROB stages, and I went Snake even though I don't play the character because I know my ROB would have gotten wrecked for sure.

ROB worked against Diddy because I had already been playing AZ today so I had a head start (got me the first set) and the second set when he started to catch on it showed I was allowed to make several more mistakes than he would be able to... I survived to ridiculous percnets.

I forgot how easy it was to SDI with ROB though. SDI down through his u-smash and d-smash him out of it? Who knew! I wish I could do it consistently.

I think Ohio is a lot better than people think. ;)

I know Inui would get wrecked here. Especially if he was Ganon. =P

Seriously, we have only good Snakes, and two of them are from cincinnati.

Overswarm is a scrub with no faith in his actual favourite character because of MK. He obviously could have won this going all R.O.B. when you think about it.
Except ROB would have had to play nothing but matchups at a disadvantage for practically the entire tournament?

Marth first round, close to even.... then Peach. Then Capem's wonderful MK. Then AZ's Diddy. Then Champ's Falco. Then AZ's Diddy two more times in a row.

Yeah, I don't see a ROB main getting thorugh that easily.

I know it was a while ago, but when I won SB3 in Ohio, I did find some of the locals to be pretty good. Some ZSS almost beat me. There was another Diddy there besides AZ that almost beat me. Quivo got wrecked game one, but game two was crazy hard. AZ and I went to last hit, game five, in winners finals.
I just thought I'd let you know, we have no good ZSS mains (Sorry Hence, you still have work to do), nor have we ever. >_>

I think you should come down to our championships. It'd be funny.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hating on the Midwest's skill is like hating on me: something everyone just does. :bee:

Midwest has always been underrated, Atlantic North has always been overrated, etc. It's how things have always been, and it is pretty accurate to say that Midwest is overall weaker and Atlantic North is overall stronger.

If there's a huge even next weekend or the weekend after it in Ohio, I'll see if I can get there, becauase there is nothing happening near me those days around here.

I know Inui would get wrecked here.
I'm assuming this is a joke...

RipN

Smash Apprentice
@ Inui
I haven't met you, we don't talk, but I'm the person that listens to what everybody is saying. From what I've seen and heard about what you have said, you trash Midwest all the time. Which is why nobody likes you. I believe that if somebody is going to talk bad about a region, then they should be able to come to the region at any time, play in a tournament with the talent from that region, and be victorious. You won SB3 some time ago, high five. I won a halo 2 singles tournament back when it first came out... That makes me awesome.

In Ohio, we're hosting the championships. This is where all the BEST in the Midwest will be. This is on June 20. I will be running it and I would like for you to prove me wrong and let me hand you the envelope marked "1st Place". I'm being honest when I say that you are definitely underestimating the talent and depth that the Midwest has to offer (gathering from all of your posts) and we will definitely set you straight.

<3's

Hence

Smash Ace
I just thought I'd let you know, we have no good ZSS mains (Sorry Hence, you still have work to do),

Lou, AZ, or Quivo:
Is there any way I could contact you about getting together for some matches? I deperately require offline practice outside of tournies.

Hence

Smash Ace
Clowsui... Please do not offer us to house people. Unless we are asked beforehand... Thanks... Appreciate it
"Housing
I will be staying over in Morton Hall (the venue) Friday Night. If people come early, you are welcomed to stay there too. As of now we don't have it for Saturday Night either.

Possible Housing:
Nope has told me he is willing to house people form Indiana and MI to reduce their trips to 2 hours from the venue. (Time for Springfield to Athens).
He can house 20. I will keep a list here:
(Will add more later)

The venue isn't really suppose to do this... but we have the rooms from about 8-4 am Friday night and 8 am till midnight saturday. This means we can have about 10-15 stay at the venue FRIDAY NIGHT ONLY!!!
1. TheKiest
(Will add more later)

Hotels (If needed):
http://hotel-guides.us/colleges/ohio...niversity.html

Campgrounds (Within 50 miles of Athens): http://camping.about.com/gi/dynamic/...arksearch.aspx

Athens is in the Hocking Hills Part of Ohio which is known for its great outdoor parks/camps. This is probably much cheaper than a hotel in case you plan on staying the night. Some of the campgrounds listed in the within 50 miles category might actually be the best ones that are more like 30 miles away. So make sure you look into them.

I am also debating leading such a camping expedition in Hocking College Saturday Night if people desperately need somewhere to "stay"."

Inui

Banned via Warnings
OS, I really suck vs ZSS, so that's probably why I almost lost. By the way, my first actual loss of just a single game was against AZ, so I didn't almost lose a set before him, just a few games. :bee:

I totally don't know how good the Midwest is. Nope, not at all. I didn't fight Lain, Anther, Judge, SamuraiPanda, AZ, and Quivo in serious sets....... Oh, wait, I did, and I was greatly impressed.

Everyone not in the Midwest, and even a lot of Midwest players (like Lain) hate on the Midwest's skill all the time. It's mostly a joke, because we obviously know who is really good over there.

Marth first round, close to even.... then Peach. Then Capem's wonderful MK. Then AZ's Diddy. Then Champ's Falco. Then AZ's Diddy two more times in a row.

Yeah, I don't see a ROB main getting thorugh that easily.
ROB beats Marth. NEO can't even take a game off of NinjaLink's ROB. He loses every time, and it's happened a lot. When I used to play the match-up, I felt like ROB clearly won. Pierce7d thinks ROB wins. ROB probably beats Diddy, imo... I'll give you Capem's MK and Champ's Falco, but that's all. :bee:

I think there is already something good happening on June 20th over here...

lou4222

Smash Lord
The Championships are what is going to be huge. It is going to be in the middle of the summer. We had 93 entrants at C4 Galore and it was the day before Easter. This venue is going to be better. We alread have some people from out of state attending. I would expect well over 100 entrants for the championships. It would be amazing if we could get a few car loads of the east coasts top talent in the MW for that event.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Hey, all... I didn't get tired this time, and yet I did worse than I did last time when I was tired... I did worse in pools and didn't win a single game in brackets... I've been so upset at myself, I haven't felt like playing at all since I lost... :/ Now I know what my problems are, but I don't think they're fixable...

1. Overswarm - I didn't talk to you aside from when they were building brackets... Or get that MM against ya...

2. AlphaZealot - Well, that didn't end any differently than online... You're one of the few DDKs that have beaten me... I need to go back and look at that matchup more...

3. Champ - Based on when I played ya at the last WaB, I'm surprised... Grats on 3rd!

4. Infern - Missed that MM again...

5. TYR - If I'm focused and thinking, my stocks last a long time... If my stocks last a long time, bad stuff happens...

5. Capem - I can't believe I didn't recognize ya when you sat down and talked to me even after our match... :p

7. Nope - It's a tough decision: Roll one way where Lou will probably have a charged up-smash ready for me or roll the predictable way where you're waiting with more pain...

7. Zozefup - Didn't meet you?

fromundaman - Our doubles team did pretty well... I guess I got lucky in our friendly because our pools match was a lot tougher...

Beegs - How did you let us beat you and King Yoshi? Marth user... Speaking of which, Marth v Lucario sometime...

Lou - After that first game, I just blew up against ya... The small platforms on Japes made fighting G&W tough for some reason...

King Beef - You made a lot more mistakes in our first meeting... This time, I made a lot more mistakes, but the difference was your only mistake... I'm coming up to Cleveland sometime so we can play...

Zach - I'm surprised with you too after winning against ya at the last tourney...

Paranormal - I'm gonna take the chance that I continue to not play you anytime soon and work on my MK and Diddy matchups... :p

Perhaps I just need to find my confidence again...

fonzi21

Smash Ace
The Championships are what is going to be huge. It is going to be in the middle of the summer. We had 93 entrants at C4 Galore and it was the day before Easter. This venue is going to be better. We alread have some people from out of state attending. I would expect well over 100 entrants for the championships. It would be amazing if we could get a few car loads of the east coasts top talent in the MW for that event.

I agree that would be awesome. The more the better! Hopefully you can come here, and bring some friends!

RipN

Smash Apprentice
There were a total of 96 in singles, we had 97 total people (that paid venue) there that played. This isn't including people that just came to watch, which we don't know how many of them there will be. I would not be surprised, based on the outcome of how many came last event, that there will be at least in the mid 100's of people playing. Plus, from New Jersey to Springfield it's only ~9 hours... Depending on how fast your driving.

"Housing
I will be staying over in Morton Hall (the venue) Friday Night. If people come early, you are welcomed to stay there too. As of now we don't have it for Saturday Night either.

Possible Housing:
Nope has told me he is willing to house people form Indiana and MI to reduce their trips to 2 hours from the venue. (Time for Springfield to Athens).
He can house 20. I will keep a list here:
(Will add more later)
Well... I was unaware of this. Neither was my roommate (Fonz). Us three will have to discuss this surprise tonight...

clowsui

Smash Legend
@Inui: I think it's Brawl in the Street
But you're just going to lose to Jason anyways...teams maybe not though

smash64

Smash Champion
good stuff cincy also good **** tyr representing that Lucas oh yeah infern we will show every one whats up at doubles at athens

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@Inui: I think it's Brawl in the Street
But you're just going to lose to Jason anyways...teams maybe not though
Losing to Jason without having to pay a lot of gas money and drive for ~18 hours total sounds better than going to Ohio.

So how about that SB4? :bee: I went to SB3 because of one of my best friends going for SC4 with his crew.

RipN

Smash Apprentice
So... Let's get back on the topic of the thread... Anybody else have any funny quotes that they'd like to present to show what everybody else had missed?

Top Bottom