• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PGN Hosts GameTable! Saturday, June 6th, Mineola, NY. Brawl singles/doubles/low tier

Vinnie

Smash Master
AiB Link: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=6153

~~GAMETABLE~~
Saturday, June 6th, 2009
GameTable Tournament
167 East Jericho Turnpike
Mineola, NY 11501
Phone#: (516) 280-7643

Tournament Host: PGN
Tournament Co-Hosts: Ch33s3 and Lactose

Me, Ch33s3, and Lactose are here to bring you a tourney at the GameTable.

My AIM: vCannino93
My E-Mail: vCannino93@yahoo.com
My cell: 516-941-5881
Ch33s3’s cell: 917-856-5046

Also, Knightmare is hosting one the next week, at the same venue. Check out his thread here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234000

Venue Fee: $10.00
Singles: $10.00
Doubles: $10.00 per person, $20.00 per team
Low Tier Singles: $5.00

Tournament Schedule:
Registration / Friendlies– 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Low Tier Singles – 12:00 PM
Doubles -- 2:00 PM
Singles – 6:00 PM

General rules:
• 3 Stock
• 8 minute timer
• Items are set to "off" and "none"
• Double Elimination
• All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• Suicide moves end with a win going to the initiator.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

~Stage Lists~

Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counter
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Rainbow Cruise

Additional Rules for Doubles Play
• Life Stealing is allowed
• Set team attack to ON

~Low Tier Characters~
-Bowser
-Zelda
-Pokémon Trainer
-Ike
-Mario
-Lucas
-Ness
-Samus
-Sonic
-Pokémon Trainer
-Yoshi
-Link
-Jigglypuff
-Ganondorf
-Captain Falcon

**The store can only fit around 55 people, so I really hope it doesn't past this**

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!!!!!!!

We need 10 TVs and 10 Wiis, total!

Wiis:
-[Store Wii]
-PGN
-Ch33s3
-Punishment Divine
-MarioBlaze
-Cyberman6
-Dabuz
-Lactose

TVs:
-[Store TV]
-[Store TV]
-[Store TV]
-Punishment Divine
-Knightmare
-Javier1589
-Javier1589's friend

PLEASE BRING SETUPS!!!
If you bring a TV, you get 5$ back towards your venue fee.

We have 1 setup designed for brawl+ only. We already have the Wii that will be used. This setup will be used for Brawl+ friendlies / MMs before and throughout the tourney. Give it a shot, Brawl+ is fun. Try new things.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
another reason is that it cost me 12.50 round trip, then 17 bucks when i pay venue. too much for my broke self for back to back tourneys, and since there won't be any games i enjoy playing here, it'll be a real waste. 17 bucks not counting food. id rather just save up for next week

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
are u sure u can't make this tourney at like may 30th or june 20th? ._.

and guru what happened? dropped slow paced brawl for fast *** paced for Brawl plus? Same with skip? omg, i might have to jump the bandwagon D:

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Yeah, Skip and I are plus converts, though Skip is even more into Melee now.

i might just bring my bible (my Wii with Plus) and do some preaching over here. ;)

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
if we have one set-up brawl+/melee going, id definitely come. ill also help out with the tourney if you'd like.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
are u sure u can't make this tourney at like may 30th or june 20th? ._.

and guru what happened? dropped slow paced brawl for fast *** paced for Brawl plus? Same with skip? omg, i might have to jump the bandwagon D:
no no no I didn't drop brawl. I just never really liked the game much. id play it, but if I had to choose between the 3, I'd want to play melee, if no melee, then b+, if no b+, brawl.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This should be May 30th. June is packed with tourneys in the tri state and no one will come to this around this this time lol

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Yeah May 30th would be the best date :) but i'll go to this too.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I'm not changing the date, and I can't have a melee/brawl+ tv b/c that will slow things down. I'm trying to make it run as quick as possible.

I might try to come,pgn this defenitly shoulda been on sunday..lol saturday its hard to make it
Wtf? lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
just wondering, how come u can't change the date? >.>
I chose this date because it was convenient for me, and also because I couldn't make it the 13th b/c that was knightmare's date. And earlier would be too short-notice. I'm not about to change it for 1 or 2 people, either.

MrsSaturnandWatch

Smash Journeyman
Will come for low tier singles, but that's about it xD
I'll bring a Wii if that helps.
Got to check with John though, see if he'll come, so I'll go with him and maybe Tody : D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I chose this date because it was convenient for me, and also because I couldn't make it the 13th b/c that was knightmare's date. And earlier would be too short-notice. I'm not about to change it for 1 or 2 people, either.

kinda selfish tbh making a tournament based around your own personal schedule. Tournaments are for everyone. Also, I find it weird that people find Brawl + so amusing when Melee was the best version followed by Brawl and Smash 64. Then again just my opinion and I figure the fad will die sooner or later just like these things tend to do XD...reminds me of MVC2 vs MVC2turbo 2 lol

edit : JUNGLE JAPES WTF whoever picks falco will win that ****

Vinnie

Smash Master
kinda selfish tbh making a tournament based around your own personal schedule. Tournaments are for everyone.
I have finals coming up, but I've always wanted to run a tournament. I'll probably run some over the summer anyways, with different events / schedules. The days were packed anyway, and I wouldn't have it on a sunday.

edit : JUNGLE JAPES WTF whoever picks falco will win that ****
I was against it too, ch33s3 made me >.<

At least there's not pirate ship or pictochat. I wouldn't let him do that [again]. lol

Vinnie

Smash Master
Will come for low tier singles, but that's about it xD
I'll bring a Wii if that helps.
Got to check with John though, see if he'll come, so I'll go with him and maybe Tody : D
please and thank you. arrive at 10:10 AM, please.

I'll be there. 8D I can bring a Wii+Brawl if needed.

MOAR TVZ PPL!!! >:O

seriously, they already have 3 TVs there, and 1 wii. + the 5 wiis we have on the list, and Minty's TV, that's 4 TVs and 7 wiis. We need 6 more TVs and 3 more Wiis.

I may be able to bring a TV, I have to see.

IF YOU BRING A TV, YOUR VENUE FEE IS WAIVED.

Just Sexed

Smash Ace

MOAR TVZ PPL!!! >:O

seriously, they already have 3 TVs there, and 1 wii. + the 5 wiis we have on the list, and Minty's TV, that's 4 TVs and 7 wiis. We need 6 more TVs and 3 more Wiis.

I may be able to bring a TV, I have to see.

IF YOU BRING A TV, YOUR VENUE FEE IS WAIVED.
Can I bring a TV and Wii but choose to play Melee there anyway lol?

Brawl only tournies are terrible :dizzy:

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
I'm not changing the date, and I can't have a melee/brawl+ tv b/c that will slow things down. I'm trying to make it run as quick as possible.

Wtf? lol
first of all dont make it may 30th cuz then i have no chance of comin,second of all you should try to make it on a sunday,trust me, SUNDAY is a day were most people can come

Vinnie

Smash Master
first of all dont make it may 30th cuz then i have no chance of comin,second of all you should try to make it on a sunday,trust me, SUNDAY is a day were most people can come
no offense, but i'm not building this tourney around you, i'm building this tourney around everyone. and yeah, church. and no, saturdays are tourney days.

some1 good team w/ me for brawl =D
I thought you were teaming with me >_>

Can I bring a TV and Wii but choose to play Melee there anyway lol?

Brawl only tournies are terrible :dizzy:
No, it would take up space

Top Bottom