• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Challenger Approaching!!! ROY!! .PAC UP!!!! 12/7/09 at 3:36 AM EST

comboking

Smash Master
Tsunami's Roy should be one of the last versions. The final might be when his Fully Charged Flare Blade does 10% to Roy.

camelot

Smash Ace
- 3rd hit down of the DED shouldn't spike (at least imo), it didn't in melee either
- there should a bit of a hit-or-miss spike for the 3rd hit up of the DED, and it shouldn't send down at a perfectly 270 degree angle, probably 290-300 degrees would be better
- upsmash also shouldn't send down at a perfect 270, it was almost 315 degrees in melee, so i think 300 degrees would be better
- fire pummelling. how could you not?
- we should also look into changing up his throws a bit
I do like the 2 changes you made to DED, and the fire pummel.

I don't think it's necessary to change the u-smash, though, I'm afraid that the angle would just make it more random and easier to escape.

I did change his f-throw a little bit, actually, but no other throws. All I did was make it do 1% more damage, have a tiny bit more more base knockback, and a little less scaling knockback. And gave it the "slam" animation on the ground.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
I do like the 2 changes you made to DED, and the fire pummel.

I don't think it's necessary to change the u-smash, though, I'm afraid that the angle would just make it more random and easier to escape.

I did change his f-throw a little bit, actually, but no other throws. All I did was make it do 1% more damage, have a tiny bit more more base knockback, and a little less scaling knockback. And gave it the "slam" animation on the ground.
sounds good i guess

camelot

Smash Ace
Ok, cool. Goodoldganon should use the .pac that you just posted. I'll try to figure out more stuff in PSA (counter damage, etc)...

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
On the topic of throws... I'd like to revamp them a bit to further distinguish roy from marth.

Like... bthrow sends more up with more kb, leading into bair at killing percents and uthrow sends more forward (like a 65 or 70 degree angle). Maybe some slight changes to fthrow and dthrow. It'd be cool to see fthrow combo into dtilt (nontip) at low percents (ie. sub-30%), but not combo into anything after that, and perhaps dthrow with an angle that leaves them much closer when you're techchasing.

Wander

Smash Journeyman
Are there any problems with both the sword slashes and the PSA file being named FitMarth.pac?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Are there any problems with both the sword slashes and the PSA file being named FitMarth.pac?

No. At least, I only have the roy pac, (since obviously you can't have two)

and my sword slashes are red. so maybe the red sword slashes are in there as well?

EDIT: GoG, you need to update the OP. Badly.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
No. At least, I only have the roy pac, (since obviously you can't have two)

and my sword slashes are red. so maybe the red sword slashes are in there as well?

EDIT: GoG, you need to update the OP. Badly.
nah, atleast for me, i just edited the Redswordswings PAC file, and it worked fine

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I really think that the only things that need reworking are DED and his throws.

His upthrow needs just a little less end lag, and it should send slightly more forwards (like an 80 degree angle). The lesser end lag would allow for upthrow combos at low percents.

his down throw needs have less launch power, and a little bit less end lag. This would allow to techchasing.

His forward throw is good as it is.

His back throw needs to send a little more upwards to different from Marth.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
ok everyone, i put out an advertisement on AllisBrawl.com in the hacking area
go there and tell me what you think (AiB doesn' allow direct linking >_<)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I really think that the only things that need reworking are DED and his throws.

His upthrow needs just a little less end lag, and it should send slightly more forwards (like an 80 degree angle). The lesser end lag would allow for upthrow combos at low percents.

his down throw needs have less launch power, and a little bit less end lag. This would allow to techchasing.

His forward throw is good as it is.

His back throw needs to send a little more upwards to different from Marth.
dont think we can edit end lag -.-

Cero

Smash Lord
So, if I replace one of my Marth textures with the .pac in the OP, will all the Marth costumes in the game activate Roy? Or, will it just be that one costume?

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
So, if I replace one of my Marth textures with the .pac in the OP, will all the Marth costumes in the game activate Roy? Or, will it just be that one costume?

you don't replace a marth texture with a pac. you put it in the folder and name it fitmarth.pac.

and yes, everytime you pick marth, it'll be roy.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
None of them will. It's an effect file, not a texture. Just rename the file FitMarth.pac, put it in the Marth folder under PF, and all the Marth costumes will be replaced by Roy. Unfortunately, you can't have both Marth and Roy in the game at the same time.

Btw, this has been asked multiple times before. Reading back a couple of pages will answer quite a few questions.

EDIT: My bad, tsunami. I fixed that post, lol.

Cero

Smash Lord
you don't replace a marth texture with a pac. you put it in the folder and name it fitmarth.pac.

and yes, everytime you pick marth, it'll be roy.
Ok. Thanks.

None of them will. It's an effect file, not a texture. Just rename the file FitMarth.pac, put it in the Marth folder under PF, and all the Marth costumes will be replaced by Roy. Unfortunately, you can't have both Marth and Roy in the game at the same time.

Btw, this has been asked multiple times before. Reading back a couple of pages will answer quite a few questions.

EDIT: My bad, tsunami. I fixed that post, lol.
I didn't feel like it. It should say in the OP that you can't have Marth and Roy at the same time...
No biggie, though. :ohwell:

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it's kinda low on the priority list. Brawl+ getting a definitive version is probably more important than the clone engine. In any case, most of us have no idea.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
a looong time. at least next year, we think. noone has been able to do anything like that yet.
Are you nuts? We should see something within the next month, after all the PSA hype dies down, and people start to want to actually play as both their custom characters and the originals.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Are you nuts? We should see something within the next month, after all the PSA hype dies down, and people start to want to actually play as both their custom characters and the originals.
I highly doubt it. It will be looked into, but that sort of thing looks impossible to do right now.

But we'll see. I hope that it will be done :)

and isn't Roy a LITTLE heavy right now? just lower his weight a BIT. and he'll be great.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Yes, Roy's gravity is too high at the moment in the PAC. He can't even double jump and reach the top platform on Battlefield.

Also, I'd never say impossible cookie. You should know that by now

Top Bottom