• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Texture Hacks Are Here!

Anth0ny

Smash Master

They will be here soon.

In b4 "BUT MELEE IS PERFECT ALREADY". Adding custom colors can't do any harm to this already awesome game.

Anyone have any cool ideas? I think Fierce Deity Link is a given. Blue laserz for Falco would be cool too (I actually liked that change in Brawl lol)

keeper

Smash Champion
Raichu colored Pikachu

Solid white and solid Black Yoshi. Gold Link and Young Link, Starwolf colored Fox...

Shiny Mewtwo, Shiny Jiggs, Shiny Pikachu, Shiny Pichu. The similar blue colored ICs from Brawl.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure they took that picture in Dolphin.

I don't know what they can do to have it played on consoles (doesn't the Homebrew Channel's GC emu suck ****?)

I got ideas for textures from that since he didn't say other hacks.
The other person who replied to you thought you were replying to Rubyiris' post.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure they took that picture in Dolphin.

I don't know what they can do to have it played on consoles (doesn't the Homebrew Channel's GC emu suck ****?)
There would probably have to be some ISO hacking involved for console play.

Unless they somehow get an SD loader for textures like they did in Brawl. Which is highly doubtful...

MeleeMarioDude

Smash Rookie
I might have some ideas.
An actual fire Mario, goth Peach, Shadow man(Captain falcon) Irom man colored Samus, war machine colored samus, Shadow lady (Zelda), giga bowser pallete bowser, Evil Luigi(just has red iris eyes, slighty darker skin, wears really dark green hat and sweater and hat, and has and that akuma symbol at his back) SMB3 Mario, SMB Mario, and Sonic palette luigi (His just his dark blue color, but his belly is flesh color, and has blue spikes on the back of his head) Magneto coloured Captain falcon, Magneto colored Mewtwo (A red and purple Mewtwo) Spider Man color Samus (Since samus is a woman, it would be more like Spider Woman, or Spider Girl) Symbiote black Yoshi (Will have a venom mouth on his nose but it wouldn't move, it would just be like a sticker) Red symbiote Yoshi (would have carnage's mouth on his nose but just like Black symbiote yoshi) Abyss giga bowser (just a red giga bowswer, with green teeth) Green latern Mario, Flash colored captain falcon.

Rappster

Smash Ace
love the yeti kong idea.
what are the limits of texture hacking?
lyn from the first american fire emblem would be pretty cool (modding roy/marth)

edit: dark link!!!!

Vro

Smash Lord
It's not a dark link hack, per se. In AR there's a tint option, allowing you to have completely light or dark characters.

Steelia

Smash Champion
I was wondering if the Smash Melee Discussion would come across this... Cool. :chuckle:

Anth0ny, don't mean to hijack your topic, but do you mind if this is made into the unofficial-official Texhax Melee topic? Suggestions, discussion, the like? I would love to hear input on some of the stuff being made (as so far I'm literally the only one working religiously on texture hacking this game >_> ).

...This is S. from Stack Smash, just a heads-up. So any stuff you would like to hear, I'm all ears. (A lot of the suggestions mentioned in this topic are being made or being considered as we speak... Yes, even the shinies. ;P )

And I concur with this statement:

In b4 "BUT MELEE IS PERFECT ALREADY". Adding custom colors can't do any harm to this already awesome game.
But, the sad truth is, Melee won't get anywhere near as much rep so long as Brawl continues to push out texture hacks... What better way to reintroduce (and maybe even reconvert) some people back into the glory of Melee by making it fresher, newer? Perhaps inspire people to go even further, such as hacking the music and other small things progressively like Brawl.

It's not already?
I lol'd. XD

Overload

Smash Lord
That Mewtwo looks awesome. Can't wait to see what textures arise.
How about wire-frame textures?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I was wondering if the Smash Melee Discussion would come across this... Cool. :chuckle:

Anth0ny, don't mean to hijack your topic, but do you mind if this is made into the unofficial-official Texhax Melee topic? Suggestions, discussion, the like? I would love to hear input on some of the stuff being made (as so far I'm literally the only one working religiously on texture hacking this game >_> ).
That's what I wanted it to be from the start :)

...This is S. from Stack Smash, just a heads-up. So any stuff you would like to hear, I'm all ears. (A lot of the suggestions mentioned in this topic are being made or being considered as we speak... Yes, even the shinies. ;P )

And I concur with this statement:

But, the sad truth is, Melee won't get anywhere near as much rep so long as Brawl continues to push out texture hacks... What better way to reintroduce (and maybe even reconvert) some people back into the glory of Melee by making it fresher, newer? Perhaps inspire people to go even further, such as hacking the music and other small things progressively like Brawl.

Good stuff. When do you think some content will be released for Melee? I've been waiting for 8 years :laugh:

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Ah, cool stuff; that works. :D

As for when the Melee stuff will be out... I really don't know just yet. Rest assured, being a more hardcore Melee enthusiast, I'm itching to get a few releases out, but I want to pull a ]SyntaxError[ and do a good costume or two on each character... before I run into casual mode and make them at random. (I'm also trying to see what goes in where in each character file, that way I can write up little mini-guides on how to insert textures and whatnot, for those interested in texhaxing Melee.)

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
I agree with The White Stripes ICs, and I want a Kirby that looks like Waddle Dee.

Tazumili

Smash Cadet
This is stupid. Retexturing characters has little purpose. Retexture entire levels; make the game look more beautiful without throwing away the authenticity of the characters. Nobody wants to see Roy look like Sephiroth.

Grunt

Smash Master
This is stupid. Retexturing characters has little purpose. Retexture entire levels; make the game look more beautiful without throwing away the authenticity of the characters. Nobody wants to see Roy look like Sephiroth.
you're right.
Marth is a much better pick.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
you have any stage ideas?

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
Actually, now that you've brought it up, I think I would prefer stage textures over character textures

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
You obviously have no idea how many FF7 nerds there are. XD

Your opinion =/= everyone else's.

Steelia

Smash Champion
This is stupid. Retexturing characters has little purpose. Retexture entire levels; make the game look more beautiful without throwing away the authenticity of the characters.
Personally, I know I wouldn't mind seeing Hyrule Temple's greenery a little spicened...
Unfortunately, though, at this point I have no idea how to find the stage textures, let alone figure out a way of collecting them all. The characters themselves have individual textures ranging in the upper 30s... Stages? Would likely be in the hundreds, and I'm NOT about to deal with finding where each stage piece goes just yet. x_X

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm sure FD wouldn't be too hard (aside from the background), but yeah, editing temple's textures would ****ing suck

I don't have any ideas as of right now, but there are a few obvious ones that would be overall well recieved (wolf-fox, fierce deity link, toon-young link, dark link, etc.)
But black falcon would be amazing if you could somehow give him grills

Top Bottom