• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Texture Hacks Are Here!

Steelia

Smash Champion
Characters people care about:

• And to an extent...Samus, Ganon and Doc. **** everyone else lol.

• Characters I care about... Everyone NOT on that list. ;P
    Seriously, finding decent/inspiring texture hacks for those characters (the top tiers especially) is extremely difficult for me. I have way more fun making hacks for the likes of Mewtwo, even Pichu, just because they have more wannabes (Plusle, Minun) and doppelgangers (Dark Link, Mr. L) to base their textures off of.

Roy coloured Mar- oh wait, nvm.
    lawl. I'm actually considering that, given my lack of any decent Marth ideas. (And just to see how Marth looks when pit against Roy.)

vZakat

Half Genie
Roy = Ky kiske or robo ky (from guilty gear)
Roy = Roy mustang (from full metal alchemist)
Marth = Legato (from trigun)
Ganon = Black Shadow (from f-zero)
Ganon = Hector (fire emblem 7)
Peach = Rosalina (mario galaxy)
Fox = Ratchet (from ratchet and clank)
Fox = Sparkster (from rocket knight adventures)
Falcon = Cyclops (from marvel vs capcom 2)
shiek = soifon (from bleach)

these are some of the ok ideas I came up with. I might post more if I think of some.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Cyclopes falcon would be ****. MvC2 style is just too good. I want a ultra sexy hot pink falcon.

EDIT: Anth0ny or S. or Register, whatever you go by, don't forget about the Ice climbers.:)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
if melee texture hacks became as easy to load onto Melee as in Brawl + I think I'd **** in my pants.

Steelia

Smash Champion
if melee texture hacks became as easy to load onto Melee as in Brawl + I think I'd **** in my pants.
I'm hoping that if Melee texhaxing becomes popular enough, we'll likely see some dedicated users come in and make more thorough hackings as religiously as Brawl.
And in that case... you probably wouldn't be the only one.

*cough*

Well.
I have no idea when I'm going to get the chance to update at SS... so... in the meantime, I'll leave this up.

~Do note that this particular version will be slightly... custom... ;)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Shiny Pokefloats would be awesome, but you already mentioned difficulty with stages D:

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Characters people care about:
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Falcon
Peach
Jiggs

And to an extent...Samus, Ganon and Doc. **** everyone else lol.

I'm kidding, but I think Mewtwo has enough textures right now to last him a while. I'm not going to burn a separate disk of Melee just for Mewtwo and Pichu textures. I'm telling ya, Dark Fox and Dark Falco would be ****. Rosalina for Peach, Venonat for Jiggs lol. Dark Sheik would be cool too.

/impatient *******
omg i love venonat

i agree with this fella

and if we can some how make a character

crash bandicoot that will be ****

<3 crash

flash falcon sounds **** 2

You should just be able 2 be nlf/nba/mlb jersesy

on ur character

My puff wearing an eagles jersey

*gets off*

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
awesome face on jigglypuff?!
i think a good starting point would be to look at the Barwl texture hacks to get ideas, but there have been some sexy ideas in this topic already haha.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Well... I know I'm not supposed to be shooting off my mouth like this, but the Dark Fox and Dark Falco colorations have been completed. *For the record, due to certain shines Falco and Fox have, they don't look exactly like their Brawl counterparts... But a dark blue Falco? Looks pretty sweet, if you ask me. :p

All's I need now are to make texture hacks for C. Falcon, Ice Climbers and Sheik, and I've covered all the characters. (Wireframes, Giga Bowser, Hands already included.) After that, I'll likely see what I can do about stages, and retry working CSPs (buggers those CSPs are, I ALMOST had them figured but they got away)... and probably knock out a few spare Kirby hats while I'm at it.

Luck, I am in need of wishing!~

SDC

Smash Lord
What about Vick I mean he kills dogs what an awesome dude.

ON TOPIC: Sounds awesome, im excited :D
lol dont be all high and might about vick. you know how many animals a year are killed legally in much more brutal ways? look up animal farms for milk, how cows are treated, look up hunting, look up how they treat race horses. most animals that die legally suffer much worse fates then death. michael vick is being made into an example, much like martha stewart was. what he did wasn't that bad when compared with all the legal ways that animals are killed each year. besides in other cultures and countries dog fighting and other animal fighting is not only legal but a big sport, just because we say its wrong does that make it wrong? and just because they do it does that make it right? thats for the individual and the dominant culture to decide, and unfortunately it has decided that michael vick is some sort of evil creature, when in fact he was doing nothing more then taking part in a popular yet cruel sport, there are many other forms of these sports, do you think hunting is ok? chasing after animals, wounding them, chasing after them until they cant run anymore, and then finishing them off? is that humane?

not only that, but michael vick is also the victim of amerikkka, and i dont mean to cry racism here but cmon, would peyton manning be treated this way if he were caught doing the same thing? the media played to all the suburban middle class white fears, of a big scary black guy coming to their house and killing their little lapdogs. the media portrays michael vick as some sort of inhumane monster, when in fact what he was doing was not very different then hunting. the media for years and years have loved to portray black men as frightening monstrous violent public enemies, and this isnt very different.

listen to this audio message by mumia abu jamal, its quite enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTNkh0ejqo

michael vick rant is done lol. i just hate it when people talk about michael vick in some evil way, they just buy into the media's portrayal without actually thinking about society and if it really is much worse then the things they think are good.

anyway...........venonat has been long awaited, will look forward to it

wool

Smash Ace
lol dont be all high and might about vick. you know how many animals a year are killed legally in much more brutal ways? look up animal farms for milk, how cows are treated, look up hunting, look up how they treat race horses. most animals that die legally suffer much worse fates then death. michael vick is being made into an example, much like martha stewart was. what he did wasn't that bad when compared with all the legal ways that animals are killed each year. besides in other cultures and countries dog fighting and other animal fighting is not only legal but a big sport, just because we say its wrong does that make it wrong? and just because they do it does that make it right? thats for the individual and the dominant culture to decide, and unfortunately it has decided that michael vick is some sort of evil creature, when in fact he was doing nothing more then taking part in a popular yet cruel sport, there are many other forms of these sports, do you think hunting is ok? chasing after animals, wounding them, chasing after them until they cant run anymore, and then finishing them off? is that humane?

not only that, but michael vick is also the victim of amerikkka, and i dont mean to cry racism here but cmon, would peyton manning be treated this way if he were caught doing the same thing? the media played to all the suburban middle class white fears, of a big scary black guy coming to their house and killing their little lapdogs. the media portrays michael vick as some sort of inhumane monster, when in fact what he was doing was not very different then hunting. the media for years and years have loved to portray black men as frightening monstrous violent public enemies, and this isnt very different.

listen to this audio message by mumia abu jamal, its quite enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmTNkh0ejqo

michael vick rant is done lol. i just hate it when people talk about michael vick in some evil way, they just buy into the media's portrayal without actually thinking about society and if it really is much worse then the things they think are good.

anyway...........venonat has been long awaited, will look forward to it
Actually that is what I used to say everywhere (I used to be a huge falcons fan, and naturally I tried to defend him) but I think his punishment was proper. Dog fighting is illegal in the US, and although it may not be in other countries, he definitely should have been aware of this.
And I disagree about if this happened to Manning. I think it would've been the same. I may be a bit innocent in this matter but I do really think that in this situation Manning would have suffered the same as Vick did.
Also I am a vegetarian. I didnt say hunting was good. Just stated that what Vick did was wrong. Again I am not against meat eaters nor am I trying to convince anyone that I am the best person alive, I am just stating what I do/feel.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
hey would it be possible to create a sonic colour scheme/design for fox or c falcon?
good job so far good luck with the rest =D

SDC

Smash Lord
Actually that is what I used to say everywhere (I used to be a huge falcons fan, and naturally I tried to defend him) but I think his punishment was proper. Dog fighting is illegal in the US, and although it may not be in other countries, he definitely should have been aware of this.
And I disagree about if this happened to Manning. I think it would've been the same. I may be a bit innocent in this matter but I do really think that in this situation Manning would have suffered the same as Vick did.
Also I am a vegetarian. I didnt say hunting was good. Just stated that what Vick did was wrong. Again I am not against meat eaters nor am I trying to convince anyone that I am the best person alive, I am just stating what I do/feel.
i disagree with you, his punishment was not proper. he lost every dime he had, and went to prison for two years for a "crime" that he only took part in, and strangely enough the rest of the real "criminals" who were actually in charge of this dog-fighting ring and those who actually did kill most of the dogs are all getting off scot-free for selling vick out. thats not right. and no you dont deserve to go to jail for two years and losing everything for just killing a few dogs. really, you don't. rapists get 6 weeks and then are let loose back on the streets to do it again, but vick gets two years? the punishment does not fit the time, he should have gotten 6 months, max, thats what equates to killing a few animals.

maybe what he did was wrong, but then that means that most of the rest of society is in the wrong, for they take part in and finance many worse animal-abusing organizations, as i said, look up how cows, racing dogs and horses, pigs, and other animals used for sport and food are treated. they are horribly mistreated that way LEGALLY. that is wrong, vick goes to jail for something that entire industries should go to prison for, on a much larger much more horrendous scale. im not saying what he did was great, but if you put him in prison and call him a monster you have to treat entire industries, companies, and millions of people the same way, as there are institutions based on mistreating animals. what america did/is doing to vick is quite hypocritical.

lol so you dont even eat chicken?!!? everybody in the world atleast eats chicken......and what about fish? didnt you listen to that nirvana song??
"its ok to eat fish, cuz they haven't got any feelings...." ???? lol

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
This is not a topic about Michael Vick or meat or dog fighting or any of that. Hooooooly crap how did you get THAT FAR off topic. Please continue that discussion somewhere else.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
omg i love venonat

i agree with this fella

and if we can some how make a character

crash bandicoot that will be ****

<3 crash

flash falcon sounds **** 2

You should just be able 2 be nlf/nba/mlb jersesy

on ur character

My puff wearing an eagles jersey

*gets off*
Okay, Mango has spoken.

Let's get some high tier textures in this ***** :laugh:

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Marth:
-Bankai Ichigo (Bleach)
-Kenshin (Rurouni Kenshin)
-Soujirou (Rurouni Kenshin)
-Zoro (One Piece)
-Zidane (FF9)
-Tidus (FF10)
-*insert Bleach character here*

Sheik:
-Soi Fon (Bleach)
-Yoruichi (Bleach)

Captain Falcon:
-DaShizWiz (IRL)
-Space Ghost
-Tomitake (Higurashi)
-Batman

Luigi:
-Waluigi (Assorted Mario games)

Pikachu:
-Raichu (Pokemon)

GAW:
-Paper Mario

DK:
-Chunky Kong (DK64)

BTW, how do texture hacks work? Could you add say, a cape, or hat, or something of the sort? Or do you just change all the colors?

Steelia

Smash Champion
BTW, how do texture hacks work? Could you add say, a cape, or hat, or something of the sort? Or do you just change all the colors?
Sorry, Tee ay eye; the things you noted would require MODEL hacks.
Texture hacks, on the other hand, deal with hacking the actual skins (dress colors, cape colors, face colors, etc.). While it is possible to "remove" objects from certain characters via transparency (namely smaller details), it's pretty much impossible to add on objects... unless people are willing to more thoroughly hack the game to apply such objects. ;)

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
how can i do this lol. is it a program? i need this

my inference is its putting the contents of the disk on to the pc and costumize the models. but i would DEEPLY apriciate it if someone can tell me.

and i want to USE my hacks cause i have LOTS of ideas. i would put up pics of many of my hacks if i had the power.

PaperstSoapCo

Smash Lord
Good question Luna. I'd like to know as well. Are you guys using AR at all?

All black Ganon is something I'd like to see if you guys are willing to try it out. Not solid black but instead of the brown and dark colors just shades of black with black jewels except the forehead one being gold.

All this texture talk makes me wanna photoshop some ideas.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
more like obvious question.
i think we might have to mod our cubes to read burnt discs. its only my guess tho.

but dude,once i put my crews insignia on marths and roys cape, and falcos boots, damm it would be worth it.

OMFG, checkered link with custom shield!

genesis-angeal-sephiroth. roy-link-marth. nuff said.
but my main roy would be ***** reckless.

edit- *random ideas*
falco- the fonz
peach- shiva (final fantasies)
marth- vergil(devil may cry)
roy- dante(devil may cry
marth-alucard(castlevania sotn)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
there isn't a method of putting textures onto the 'cube without ISO hacking at this point. it seems like it'd be pretty difficult to do, too.

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
iso hacking! *smacks self* so obvious i feel stupid.

so u just patch the iso and burn it to a disc? but do u have to hack the cube to read burnt disc? if so how, modchip?
how about play the patched iso on a wii?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero

so u just patch the iso and burn it to a disc? but do u have to hack the cube to read burnt disc? if so how, modchip?
You should ask Steelia. if you don't know thats register I think. He knows.

Steelia

Smash Champion
^ Correct, ETWIST51294.

Glad to hear you're so enthusiastic with the project, LunarNOVA. And I'm sure you'll be happy to know that all of Roy's textures have custom textures on 'em, similarly to Mewtwo and Pichu. ;) (Some are fairly obvious, though a Dante-Roy sounds interesting... But wouldn't Dante look better on Marth...?)

In any case, I made a long-ish guide on what you'd need to do if you want to put textures on the disc... Guide can be found here:
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=6146

But to answer your questions, Yes, you are "patching" the disc/iso via a tool called GC-Tool.
Hacking will be taking place on the Wii... I have no idea if there's any way for playing discs on the Gamecube itself.

In due time, I will start posting up separate packs of textures for each character (likely after I get done hacking Ice Climbers, Samus, and Sheik, the last three characters I have to hack). Then I also need to get doing that guide on HOW to hack the textures... Shoot.

Well, a few things to wait for. :psycho:

Top Bottom