• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Texture Hacks Are Here!

channlsrfr

Smash Apprentice
I know this thread isn't short of ideas, but I have to throw in my $0.02

Samus = Mad Max.

Not NEARLY as good as naked/bikini Samus, but I do enjoy Mad Max, and the characters' shapes are similar. If you don't like the idea of using Mel Gibson's head, just throw a motorcycle helmet over it.

The idea of Mad Max doing an U-tilt is hilarious to me.

keeper

Smash Champion
I like the Marth one because it reminds me of his Brawl blue costume, which I like.

You should recreate the Brawl White ICs costume. I love that one.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Captian Canuck and Captain America for Falcon...although Canuck was already made for melee but we Canadians need more love <3
Retro Mario for Game and Watch but that's impossible because GaW has no real texture right...you can only change his one color.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Captian Canuck and Captain America for Falcon...although Canuck was already made for melee but we Canadians need more love <3
Retro Mario for Game and Watch but that's impossible because GaW has no real texture right...you can only change his one color.
Canuck was already made for Melee? Then why would I need to make one? :p

In any case, been uploading a number of texhax Melee videos as-of-late... You can see the topic here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242995

Actually about moments away from uploading yet another video; almost all of them feature textures that haven't been publicly revealed yet. ;)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Canuck was already made for Melee? Then why would I need to make one? :p

In any case, been uploading a number of texhax Melee videos as-of-late... You can see the topic here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=242995

Actually about moments away from uploading yet another video; almost all of them feature textures that haven't been publicly revealed yet. ;)
lol I meant to say made for Brawl. He's super sexy in his all Canadian suit...but would look better in melee.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
It's so beautiful.

Even though it's not legal, I love playing on that stage, so I'm happy :)

I think there could be some cool things done with Yoshi's Story. Surprise me Steelia :laugh:

joeplicate

Smash Master
I don't know about the method used to create these hacks, but it would be awesome to have c-stick in 1 player modes, or get the other bonuses like snag the trophies, race to the finish, or escape from brinstar.

Maybe it's a pipe dream; I heard that there was no way to change your melee on the gc. It'd still be cool for dolphin, though.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
OK. Almost all of Melee's files, textures, stages and more, are in the .dat file format.
I'd love to make textures for this game if there was a SSBExtract for Melee of an ASH for Melee called MASH.

Steelia

Smash Champion
A peach that looks like my avatar or signature and I'll love you for life ^^
You think you could supply a full-body shot of said Peach(s)?
~I've been meaning to do a more goth-styled Peach, but haven't really seen anything inspiring... But your avy seems to have hit the nail right on the 'ead. I know I'd gladly take that one under consideration. ;)

OK. Almost all of Melee's files, textures, stages and more, are in the .dat file format.
I'd love to make textures for this game if there was a SSBExtract for Melee of an ASH for Melee called MASH.
MASH would be simply smashing. It gets rather tiresome trying to extract textures from .DAT files via the Dolphin-emu.

Yuna-Maria

Smash Ace
I completely agree. That's my favorite Sheik to use in Brawl.

Brawl is only cool for its costumes.
Brawl did have some really amazing pallets. Dark Link would be something that a lot of people would want to see, I'm sure. I personally couldn't care less, but that's because I think Link is lame.

Solaris1110

Smash Journeyman
I got to the title screen of melee and it basically froze as soon as I hit start, and 10 seconds later I got a disk read error. Is there any way to dump your own melee disk's image rather than downloading one?

Steelia

Smash Champion
So...how exactly are WE supposed to access these in our games?
I got to the title screen of melee and it basically froze as soon as I hit start, and 10 seconds later I got a disk read error. Is there any way to dump your own melee disk's image rather than downloading one?
@McSnapple: Just about everything you need to know, located in the link. Gives directions on what you'd need to do to play 'em.

@Solaris1110: Did you also follow the same directions in the link supplied? What update version of Wii do you have?
I've heard that unplugging all your controllers and GCN memory cards before installation helps it not crash. Just a small tip.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Pardon the double-post, just wanted to make people aware of the new textures that've been out.

Ike
Black Mage and White Mage
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=7128

Shadow Pikachu
Shadow Pichu
Shadow Jigglypuff
Shadow Mewtwo
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=7276
~MUCH thanks to seanthedonconsidine for the S. Mewtwo idea! :)

Moonside (for those who missed)
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=7364

Super Falcon
Blood Falcon (truer to form)
http://stacksmash.cultnet.net/?p=7741

~Current hacking stands as is:

I have yet to figure out Stock Icons; I saw a picture elsewhere where someone managed to edit them, trying to make contact with person.

Ripped all CSPs, just a matter of release for people to edit freely.

Need to start that blasted guide... Perhaps a video would suffice. Now I need to find a good desktop-video recorder.

ALL characters (except for Mr. Game & Watch) have at least 1 costume... At the current rate I've gone, it will be a minimum of 2 per character very soon. ;)

Edited Fourside, Mushroom Kingdom I, and Final Destination.
Currently working on making Peach's Castle, Mushroom Kingdom II (Subcon), possibly Corneria hack. Others being held under consideration for now.

No items edited just yet... Still knocking out a few Pokemon.

Music replacement is still a W.I.P. There was one successful, but unconfirmed, report. Apparently Kirby Air Ride music works pretty nicely...

Model hacks? Completely out of the question......... for now. I feel that once the Brawl model hacking device is released (whenever/ifever), Melee models will be "soon" to follow. Brawl and Melee share uncanny similarities when it comes to their data; after all, Brawl WAS supposed to be nothing more than a Melee 2.0 with online... We shall see.

Top Bottom