• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
^Because i like sugarcoating things.^
http://xat.com/wolfsquadhq
^^^Go there to chat about the training grounds.^^^

What are the training grounds?

Okay, so the training gorunds are for noobs and also good players alike. The point of the training grounds? Nooblets or players in a slump can directly contact "Teachers" in order to learn more about a character that they main, or want to main.

How do i use the training grounds?
Just look on the list for a character you want to learn, pick one of the teachers, and contact him/her/it and establish your connection with them via aim, email, pms...
I recommend you get on wifi to learn firsthand.

Want to become a teacher?
Just Pm me your information in vTHISv format. I trust the "committees" judgment that you think you can be a teacher. (The person below is also a teacher.)

S.O.L.I.D.

Marth, Metaknight/4296-7358-1788/Visitor Messages/AIM is SOLIDMarth

Sup, I'm S.O.L.I.D. or just SOLID if it's easier for you. I've been playing Marth for over a year, and MK for about 7 months. I attend tournaments in Chicago, so I have a good amount of experience even though I never place very well.

I'm 14 years old, and I'm free for most of the afternoon. I'm on AIM most of the day, so feel free to contact me there or on here.

Here's a list of characters, and the people that teach them.

Bowser: turkeywonder

Captain falcon: TUSM, Flam1n90 F1ght3r,

Diddy Kong:

Donkey Kong: gamingblack, KirbyIRL

Falco:

Fox: Crappycola, Darkwarcloud

Game & Watch: gamingblack, KirbyIRL,

Ganondorf: stRIP

Ice Climbers:

Ike: TUSM,

Jigglypuff: Noobicidal,

King Dedede: Noobicidal, TUSM,

Kirby: Straked, TUSM,

Link:

Lucario: Crappycola, gamingblack, TheBear735

Lucas:

Luigi: Hippiedude

Mario: Straked, Hippiedude

Marth: S.O.L.I.D.,

Metaknight: S.O.L.I.D., turkeywonder, Arch Knight

Ness: Straked,

Olimar:

Peach: Dark.Pch

Pikachu:

Pit:

Pokemon Trainer: Magik0722

R.O.B.: GwJumpman

Samus: Serris, Cherry64

Sheik: Tristan_Win

Snake: TUSM,

Sonic: Chis

Toon Link: UncleSam

Wario: Rockguy1234

Wolf: gamingblack, Darkwarcloud, turkeywonder, Arch Knight

Yoshi:

Zelda:

Zero Suit Samus:

Teachers that can generally teach you anything about brawl and the cast: SuSa

Teachers:

Straked

Mario, Ness, Kirby/2621-5096-3365/Vistitor Messages/AIM: Strakeddd

My forum name is Straked, but I still go by my real name. (Alex) I live in Land O' Lakes, Florida, so anyone from the Atlantic South should have a good connection with me. I can play about 8 characters fluently, and there's 3 that I'm best with. I'm much better offline because I get quite a lot of friendlies from a few players in my neighborhood.

If you have any questions about Mario, Ness, or Kirby, I can answer them any time. I'm usually online more than anyone on this site, so feel free to drop me a VM or message on AIM. If you'd like to play a few games, I usually won't say no.
S.O.L.I.D.

Marth, Meta Knight/4296-7358-1788/Visitor Messages/AIM is SOLIDMarth

Sup, I'm S.O.L.I.D. or just SOLID if it's easier for you. I've been playing Marth for over a year, and MK for about 7 months. I attend tournaments in Chicago, so I have a good amount of experience even though I never place very well.

I'm 14 years old, and I'm free for most of the afternoon. I'm on AIM most of the day, so feel free to contact me there or on here.
GwJumpman
ROB/3737-9181-0008/Visitor Messages/AIM is GwJumpman/GwJumpman@gmail.com (Email and MSN)

Hey, GwJumpman here, however you may call me GwJ or Dave. I main ROB and secondary Fox, Falco, and Snake, but I feel I'm only qualified to TEACH as ROB. I'm not always on AIM, but I check my E-Mail regularly.

Anyway, I'm 16 and a half and I live in Allentown, PA. I attend tourneys in Scranton and Pittsburgh and I plan on hosting one of my own later this summer too.​

Noobicidal

Jigglypuff, King Dedede / 3265-6146-8774 / VM / MSN is Noobicidal@live.com

The name's Noobicidal, or Noob for short. I main both Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, and I use around 12 other characters at a competent level. Though I use primarily Ganon, I do not feel comfortable enough teaching him; there are much better teachers out there. I will however teach Jigglypuff and D3 as much as I possibly can (assuming anyone wants to use Puff...).

I live on the East coast, and I'm free from 3-4 PM to stupidly early in the morning. Night matches are preferable.
TUSM

King Dedede, Snake, Ike, Kirby, Captain Falcon/0688-4923-9647/Visitor Messages/AIM is TUSMEnterprises

Let's see. TUSM here. I main Dedede and Snake, and I also play Ike, Kirby, Falcon, and others, but these are the big five. I may not be the best with any of these characters, but I can take you from noobish, to slightly less so.

Seriously, though, I'd be willing to teach anyone a few things. Not just with these characters. I'd be able to answer most questions on some characters. Give me a shout if you need me.
Crappycola
lucario, fox/1677-1705-7312/visitor messages or private messages/ no aim

Hi I'm crappycola, but I like to be called CC for short. I've mained lucario and fox since I got the game so I think I'm pretty experienced with both. I live in VA (virginia) but in summers MI (michigan) to visit my dad for the summer I think my lucario needs a lil more work but everyone else tells me otherwise and asks me to teach them how to use him and I have not till now, BUT!!!!! I have helped alot of people improve but it was not intentional. I play in tournaments in VA and MI usually placing 10-3.
gamingblack

Game & Watch, DK, Wolf and Lucario/4683-0120-9931/Visitor Messages/MSN is gamingblack@live.com

Hello, I'm gamingblack or Grey for short, I've been a G&W user for a good year and I have won tournaments with him in the past. I mostly use other characters instead of G&W but if asked, I'll use him.

I'm 17 and I live in Brawley, California, If you have any question to characters such as DK or Lucario, feel free to ask by PM or VM or even MSN, I'm mostly on SWF everyday.​
DarkWarCloud

Wolf, Fox/wifi pending/Pm's/No email

What's up? I'm Darkwarcloud, but call me Dwc. I have played melee for a while, but i'm barely a good player, however, I'm much better at brawl due to my campy instincts. Anyways, I live in somewhere, and I'm 19 (that's all you need to know).

If you need to learn how to use wolf aggressively, or "campishly", come to me. I'm very aggressive with fox, and my dedede is still improving, although I can teach the basics with him as well as some campy tactics. So hit me up if you feel like learning any of the three.
KirbyIRL

G&W, DK/Visitor messages/syke41@hotmail.com

Yo, I'm Kirby (yeah, it's my real name. Be jealous). I've mained G&W since I started playing the game competitively around the end of '08. I have limited tourney experience and am not very well-known, but I'm VERY technical about my characters and can teach you the ins and outs of them very well (teaching major, lol).

I'm 19 years old, live smack in the middle of Arkansas (if you live anywhere near please let us know you exist, there are only about 5 of us here TT_TT), and check my e-mail and SWF almost daily, if not that. Very willing to teach you anything you want to know, even if it doesn't partain particularly to G&W or DK but just about the game mechanics alone. I'm very patient, and will answer every question to the best of my ability. I want to do this for a living people (teaching in general, not just smash), so give me something to work with!
Bearissoslow/TheBear735

Lucario/2878 9265 3162/Visitor Messages/AIM is TheBear7337

Eh, I'm Bear. I'm a Lucario mainer, and I like to think I know him pretty well, inside and out. I've been using him ever since the game came out, and he was the first character I unlocked. I've learned how to use him both in experience and through discussion on this forum, so I'll most likely be able to help you get better if you're having trouble.

I'm 15, and I don't prefer Wifi, though I will play on it if it's what's useful (but in terms of practice, aim for offline friendlies with other people). I can usually be found on either AIM or these forums consistently, so if you want to learn Lucario, I guess you could message me.
Magik0722

Pokemon Trainer / 4639-9806-2153 / Visitor Messages / Aim: Magik0722
I'm Magik, and when i saw pokemon trainer be unveiled on the smash dojo, i knew who i was going to main. I'm from deep south Texas, have won a few tournaments and am a member of the pokemon trainer backroom

rockguy1234​

Sexy Wario/ 4983-4590-2993/ Visitor Messages/ AIM is rockguy1234

My alias is BMX, and my name is Ben. I have been playing SSBB for the entire lifespan and played Wario throughout the entire time (I even got my Wii the same night ^_^). I live in Woodbridge, VA, which is part of the MD/VA region, filled with various expert players. I have consistently entered tournaments in this region and placed Top 10. Even though I have not broken through the Top 5 list, I still have in depth knowledge of the sexy Wario, along with matchup and confidence expertise.

I am 18 years old and I'll be glad to help anyone who wants to comprehend the true power of the DOUCHE. (Fart)
I'll be active on AIM on my phone, but I'll help anyone after 6, or you can leave me a PM and I'll get right on it.
Chis said:
Chis​

Sonic/5069-5377-4026/visitor messages and pms/no emails or AIM

Hey I'm Chis. I've been playing Sonic for around a year now and live in the UK. I have good experience with the character and such.

I'm free from now till around sept, I'll answer your questions and look at your videos. I'll reply as soon as I can.
Sacr3d S3raph1m said:
Flam1n90 F1ght3r
/
Sacr3d S3raph1m

Captain Falcon/0344-9372-3058/Visitor Message or PM

I'm Flam1n90 F1ght3r, but you can call me Flame for short. I go by Sacr3d S3raph1m as well, but either name I answer to. I main Captain Falcon, and secondary Pit. I am still learning Pit myself, and so I couldn't really teach much to anyone about him, but I main Captain Falcon, and have impressed upon a lot of my opponents how skilled I am with him, despite using him for about two months. I know just about all the ATs for him, and am willing to teach anyone willing to learn.

I'm available during the evenings, where I tend spend most of my time trying to discover new moves for my Captain Falcon. Just PM me about a time you'd want to train or do any friendlies. If you have any questions about Captain Falcon, just let me know.
Dark.Pch​
Peach/1032-1096-3225/Visitor Messages/AIM is Dark Pch/Yahoo is darkshadow_1840/MSN is Dark.Pch@hotmail.com

Ello, I'm Dark.Pch. But You can call me "Pch" or "Peach" or "Dark" Must common names people use for me. I mained Peach since brawl first hit USA. I also played her in melee for 2 years.

I'm a Professional Peach player and 21. I'm usually free at nite time after work. Weekends all day if I am not at a tournament and I'm home. I make it my official job to help Peach players all over.
UncleSam
Toon Link/fc: 0302-5524-8270/ VM or PM

K so I'm not really giving out my life story or anything so I'll just make my point. I'm UncleSam (it's one word people) but you can call me by my RN (guess, it's the last 3 letters of my username) I main Toon Link if you haven't noticed yet and I've been maining him since I unlocked him really. Toon Link is a pretty technical character but I have loads of experience with him.

I'm pretty much open all summer, when school starts, just weekends... Major and stuff, and If I'm ever gone and can't train you, I'll notify you.
Serris
:samus2: / 5370-0075-7259 / Visitor Messages / AIM: Odyssey1319

I'm just here to help you learn a useless character.
turkeywonder said:
Seagull man (turkeywonder on smashboards)

wolf,bowser,mk/3652-4943-7065/just pm me,find me in my clan chat http://shadowmonarchy.co.cc/chatbox.php or the wolf xat http://xat.com/chat/room/61905922/

I'm 18 years old, and I'm free for most of the time unless im at work or school. i know too much things about wolf. way too much. from combos, to at's, matchups, move priority to other moves, to much useless facts. so if ur lookin for a wolf teacher im ur best bet.:)
Cherry64​
:samus2: /4683-5297-9470/ MSN: x.o-affliction@hotmail.com

Basically what Serris Said :S her Learning curve is WAAY hard, That is the 1 warning I'll put out there for anyone thinking of tanking as the bodacious Babe..
hippiedude​

Luigi Mario1246-9566-4759/Visitor Messages/Aim = HippiedudeCM

What's poppin homies. I'm hippiedude, most call me as hippie/hippy for short and if it's easy for ya ;) since that's what most people call me from SWF/tourney scene. I've been playing Luigi ever since 07 of Melee and Mario since July 08 , also been doing Wi-Fi since June 08 and started my tourney hunting scene since the start of Feb 09. So I have a alot knowledgeable experience from Wifi and from attending NY tourneys although l haven't placed high enough to make my name known yet but that'll soon to come and one of my long time dreams as well. People who visit daily on the Luigi/Mario boards can vouch that l give great advice and spend quality time on my guides as well.

I'm 17 years old, I'm usually free on AIM and that's how you arrange a lesson with me since it's summer time. But when it hits school I'll only be free on weekends otherwise.

SuSa (Shut up Suicide already)​

Everyone but Wario+G&W/It's underneath my name/Visitor Messages/AIM is invokke08havokk

My name is SuSa (well, it isn't but that's what you will call me) and I've played everyone due to maining Random for the longest time. I specialize in Snake and Sheik but I have knowledge for nearly every character. I've never really liked G&W, so while I am decent with him. I am not comfortable teaching him. The same goes for Wario. I simply don't know enough about the characters. Everyone else I have used.

I attend tournaments here in SoCal, and I'm hoping to be a rising star out here. Because of this, I will be unable to teach most weekends - because I will be at tournaments.

Arch Knight​
Meta-Knight, Wolf, ZSS
3652-3054-9172/PM or VM​
I am a meta main who uses strictly wiimote only, which has gave me my reputation in meet & greet (and my small amount of respect). I have played only in Online tournaments but dont place high. i was the first meta to attend a OTL tourney (still lost). I dont respect spammers nuff' said, im generally mean to everyone but there are moments when im 'nice.' Im an offbeat teacher in meet & greet​
stRIP

Ganondorf/2664-3650-7601/sephirothfan@hotmail.de/364435396 Icq

Hi, im stRIP and im 17 years old. Im maining Ganon since Melee released and now im considered as the best Ganon in Germany / the second best in Europe and somewhere in the top 10-15 in the world

Im from Europe, so my connection to America/USA isnt that good, i could only teach you things over it. Actually, my english isnt that good at all but im trying my best
Tristan_​
Win

Sheik /3007 7744 9083/Visitor Messages/AIM is Tristanmustwin

Hello, I'm Tristan_Win but feel free to call me Tristan. I've been on smashboards since 06 but once brawl came out I really amplified my part in the community. I only use Sheik and I'm very bias towards her so keep that in mind if you ask for match up help but if you need advise on how to do something, some general to do's and not to do's with sheik, or if you just want some raw information about her then I'm your man.

I'm 20 years old and I work full time. When school start back up I'll be going full time and working so I don't know how much time I will be able to spare for answering question but if you leave a visitor message me or Pm me I'll make sure to answer it the best I can.
Emperor Time​
Falco/4596-9143-5925/VM/Aim=Xenoeon

Emperor time here. A.K.A. Xenos/FlamingXenocide/TheMarvelousKhezu. I've mained Falco since day one and I'm a pretty decent/ knowledgeable player :D. I also attend tournies in MD from time to time. -Quietest Smasher in MD/VA-. I don't mind playing on wi-fi, either.

Uh, nobody from the Falco boards seems to wanna help, so I reluctantly decided to join Many Falco boarders wanted to help, but I was chosen through a rigorous process, so I think I'll be of help.

If you have Falco questions, PM me or hope I'm on Aim. I lurk the boards quite a bit, so it shouldn't be too hard to get me.

Kthnxbai.
The Committee:
The committee is the team of users i have chosen (the original three), and is the deciding factor in whether or not you become a teacher. If you want to become a member, get suggested by 1 member and be voted for by 2 others.
Members:
Straked
S.O.L.I.D.
Cherry64
GwJumpman

Tacel

Smash Lord
First post!
This will be a great thread and a great opportunity for smashers to get better at smash.
Good luck!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I like the idea, but does it have to be your main?
Why not just any character you want to learn?

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
Nice idea man =) but how many "reliable" good players will give up their time to train people? Also training people over wifi? Its good to a degree... but it has its limits. =/

I got a feeling some people might be biased and just want "certain" people to train them too.

Hope it works out for ya though!

Sieguest

Smash Master
You've got my support for this thread!

@SoniKupo-Iunno, who wouldn't want to help their fellow smashers get better with there main...it's worth a shot...plus "average" players could always help each other and progress with each other too! :)

Kupo Rose

@SoniKupo-Iunno, who wouldn't want to help their fellow smashers get better with there main.
That my dear... is the question.

"average" players could always help each other and progress with each other too! :)
I agree with those though.
(But isnt that what Character Boards/New New Members Fight Arena is for?)

Kupo Rose

Sorry >.< I just meant; "Who would?".

errr...but that seems a lot more just brawl to brawl and then ask someone else to brawl, this seems a lot more constructive.
New New Members Fight Arena, some people do give advice of what to do and what bad habits to but out, remember your brawl with (Arch Knight yesterday) to the newcomers. If they want more detailed advice wouldn't the "bad" players go to the Q&A/Match Up thread in their respective Board?

I do support the idea though.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why not just give a list of helpful players that do wi-fi?

If anyone wants to learn a character, they'll know who to go to for advice, and maybe matchup experience.

Like, add every character in Bawrl to the list, and under it, you can take anyone's contact information.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Sorry >.< I just meant; "Who would?".

New New Members Fight Arena, some people do give advice of what to do and what bad habits to but out, remember your brawl with (Arch Knight yesterday) to the newcomers. If they want more detailed advice wouldn't the "bad" players go to the Q&A/Match Up thread in their respective Board?

I do support the idea though.
That's cuz Arch Knight's cool like that and we've always locked swords from time to time...:laugh:

yeah but not everyone...some people in the new members fight arena are kinda jerkish to each other...

plus reading the Q&A/ Matchup thread is good for theory...but what about for practice?

Straked brought up a good idea above this....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I think this is a good idea. I really appreciate help from other users here.
Alas, first I must get WiFi...

Kupo Rose

I think this is a good idea. I really appreciate help from other users here. Alas, first I must get WiFi...
You said that ages ago and you still havnt got it lol.

That's cuz Arch Knight's cool like that and we've always locked swords from time to time...:laugh:
yeah but not everyone...some people in the new members fight arena are kinda jerkish to each other...
plus reading the Q&A/ Matchup thread is good for theory...but what about for practice?
Thats true, its the newcomers afterall (Im still new too) thats why I said "some". Don't the Character Boards eg. Wario Boards have a Friend Finder thread for practice?

Ditto.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I support this thread, mainly cause I want to get better. I'm good within the group of people I do play with, but I know I'll be outclassed(possibly even horribly lol) if I ever entered a real tournament, Wi-Fi or IRL.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Maybe something along the lines of this;

-character here-

name/friend code/contact information

short bio here.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
A result of some procrastination, multiple problems with my computer, and financial difficulties. :laugh: If you think I don't want WiFi, you're mistaken.
Yes, because you can't acquire wi-fi because of computer problems.

Any internet connection works, you're just lazy. ;)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes, because you can't acquire wi-fi because of computer problems.

Any internet connection works, you're just lazy. ;)
I have to acquire a wireless router for my connection and downlaod the required data onto my computer to be connected, and my computer is unable to download new software (though if you have a suggestion, I'd love to here it :)).

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
What exactly does this have to do with character discussions?

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Erm, this is kinda cluttered.
The reason this isn't like character boards is because nobody just goes onto the character boards and says "hay, will someone help me become better?" the character boards may passively be doing this, but if we do it directly I feel that we may help the smash community advance just a bit.

also, instead of listing each character, i can just list the teachers and the teachers can pick any number of characters that they think they can teach, right?

STRAKED, i like your format.... so, if anyone wants to be a teacher, please PM me your info IN STRAKED's FORMAT.

pizzapie7

Smash Ace
Maybe you should help it get off the ground instead of being lazy and having other people do **** for you.
What the **** am I supposed to do then smart guy? I can't help people, so I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen with this thread.

I came here to get away from people like you.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'd like to just post my info here, if that's okay.

Mario, Ness, Kirby

Straked/2621-5096-3365/Vistitor Messages/AIM: Strakeddd

My forum name is Straked, but I still go by my real name. (Alex) I live in Land O' Lakes, Florida, so anyone from the Atlantic South should have a good connection with me. I can play about 8 characters fluently, and there's 3 that I'm best with. I'm much better offline because I get quite a lot of friendlies from a few players in my neighborhood.

If you have any questions about Mario, Ness, or Kirby, I can answer them any time. I'm usually online more than anyone on this site, so feel free to drop me a VM or message on AIM. If you'd like to play a few games, I usually won't say no.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hey this looks like a good idea, darkm. has/had? something in the Zelda boards like this and it helped a lot of ppl.

Btw, I think this should be in the online discussion forum, cus it has to be done over wifi.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
What the **** am I supposed to do then smart guy? I can't help people, so I'm just waiting to see what's going to happen with this thread.

Well aren't you a funny guy.

I was literally lol'ing out of my seat at that one.

Actually I am in that picture. 2nd guy from the left in the front row. How'd you get that pic? Creep..

Tacel

Smash Lord

The last thing this thread needs is to get off subject and into fights.
You could have easily said something like, "How can I help, then?".
Don't make this get out of hand.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Yeah pizzapie, listen to TAL. What were you thinking.

Anyway.

Marth, Meta Knight

SOLID/4296-7358-1788/Visitor Messages/AIM is SOLIDMarth

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What's wrong with this thread getting a large amount of posts?

Tacel

Smash Lord
I'm surprised no one thought of this idea before.
I'm not saying this is a bad idea.

Top Bottom