• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:) You should probably emphasize on advertising this as much as possible. It'd be good if there were one or two teachers for each character.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
;) Okaaayyy... but only for the cookie.

For one thing, I put a link to this thread on my sig... not that anyone bothers to follow it, but oh well.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
OK, I don't mind confirming that people are qualified.

@Straked, yes that's what I mean.

I can vouch for Noobicidal, his Jiggs is good. Never played his D3.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Change the title. I doubt people needing help will respond nicely to being called nooblets. Make it "nicer".

ebhz.Ash.4rm

Smash Cadet
Well I'm waiting for a Lucario or Pit if ever they should come and some people do take offense at n00b, why not use newcomers or pupils. You call the teachers, teachers not tamers.

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
Well I'm waiting for a Lucario or Pit if ever they should come and some people do take offense at n00b, why not use newcomers or pupils. You call the teachers, teachers not tamers.
I agree with this. Noob can be offensive sometimes to some people. It should be changed.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Message to all teachers: Advertise in your sigs

Someone's bound to read it in a Q&A thread in your sig and go there.

I
need
more
lines.
over 9000
lines
The quick brown fox jumps swiftly over the yellow zebra?
WTF, show me my signature now!

I'm gonna slap someone.

Ok, whatever. Go into my profile and find my signature, that's what I did.

Ok, like in my sig, I have a link here.

D

Deleted member

Last edited by a moderator:

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
How do threads get Stickied? Do the Admins just decide it on how popular it is?

Either way, I think this would be a great idea, though maybe there's a better place than the GBD.

EDIT: Also, I put this in my signature... can I have a cookie now?

Vecayse

Smash Apprentice
I agree with the above posters, this should definetly be stickied. I'm waiting for someone to help with TL/Snake/Link. Then I'll contact them and see how things work out. But so far not many people have been willing to help out though, eh? Thanks to the few that have though.

Sieguest

Smash Master
How do threads get Stickied? Do the Admins just decide it on how popular it is?

Either way, I think this would be a great idea, though maybe there's a better place than the GBD.

EDIT: Also, I put this in my signature... can I have a cookie now?
No...no cookie...threads that people want to get stickied are proposed to the big people watching us, and if they approve...sticky I guess
I agree with the above posters, this should definetly be stickied. I'm waiting for someone to help with TL/Snake/Link. Then I'll contact them and see how things work out. But so far not many people have been willing to help out though, eh? Thanks to the few that have though.
You should sig this thread and go to the Snake/TL/Link boards and ask in their social thread, hopefully someone will to help.:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
That reminds me, should we try mentioning this in the Character Boards? That could get net us alot of teachers.... why can't I have a cookie? :(

NightSky

Smash Journeyman
Hmm guess I will help by putting this is my signature...:D
Its unfortunate i can't help anymore but im afraid im too good to be a student an d not good enough(i think) to be a teacher..

Sieguest

Smash Master
That reminds me, should we try mentioning this in the Character Boards? That could get net us alot of teachers.... why can't I have a cookie? :(
Out of cookies....and yes...that's always been a facet for getting people...
If it were stickied, It would prolly get a lot more teachers and students.
That's true...but I bet we have to get this off the ground first before it gets stickied...:)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well someone ought to go fill up the cookie jar.... and yeah, advertising should be our number one priority right now. And I will be expecting a cookie in the meantime....

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
nah, not neccesarily. People just need to hear about this.

@GWJumpman - awesome. I know I sound like a lazy, talk-but-no-action, broken record when I say this, but I plan to have WiFi soon and see how my solo training has prepared me against all of you. Then I'll probably contact one of the marth teachers here. :) Look out, World!

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'll take care of that dragonblooded.

edit: Alright, I've done all I can do. I made a post (or a thread if there wasn't a clear Q&A/Social thread) in every single character board without a teacher saying the following:

Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698
Now it's up to the community to help the new guys.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I was thinking it would be nice to have something like this, but the point would be to help with match ups (since they're such a big part of this game).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Matchups aren't the main focus of this. The training grounds isn't to teach you to be the best character ever. It's to teach you the basics of the game and/or the characters you want to learn. Once you get the basics down, then you learn the matchups if you don't already have a basic understanding of them from lurking.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I didn't mean for the idea to apply to this thread.

So pretty much the idea is to turn the newbie player of a character into a respectable player of that character. This could be interesting.

Sieguest

Smash Master
I was thinking it would be nice to have something like this, but the point would be to help with match ups (since they're such a big part of this game).
That sounds pretty neat IMO!:bee:

@GwJumpman- nice job with that post, it looks really good! Very convincing! :)

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Yes, nice job GW! And this could really help to raise the skill level of the community. It'll give the newer members a chance to improve (like me :)).

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
That's exactly why I like this thread. The ROB boards and probably a bunch of others have turned into "The board of 5-8 active members with about 1-2 new players that don't always stay per 6 months, oh and they like ROB."

DarkWarCloud

Smash Journeyman
thanks indnkid209 of planetrenders for my sig.
Yes, nice job GW! And this could really help to raise the skill level of the community. It'll give the newer members a chance to improve (like me :)).
My exact intentions of this thread was to advance the smash community in a competitive direction, not that it's already in one.
Thanks gw, that may very well get us off of the ground.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Good to know, DWC! :) The Marth boards are very active usually. I wonder how far they'll go to get this running.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Well S.O.L.I.D. is a teacher here so I already know the Marth boards have some great representation! Plus there is already a marth student which is win...as for everyone else....eh....

NukSuCao

Smash Cadet
I'll be a student to anyone who wants to teach me. I use mainly ROB, Lucario and a few others, but general training would be nice with any character.

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
if marthage is a teacher then I definatly qualify too

Crappycola
lucario, fox/1677-1705-7312/visitor messages or private messages/ no aim

Hi I'm crappycola, but I like to be called CC for short. I've mained lucario and fox since I got the game so I think I'm pretty experienced with both. I live in VA (virginia) but in summers MI (michigan) to visit my dad for the summer I think my lucario needs a lil more work but everyone else tells me otherwise and asks me to teach them how to use him and I have not till now, BUT!!!!! I have helped alot of people improve but it was not intentional. I play in tournaments in VA and MI usually placing 10-3.

Well thats all folks.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I cannot improve people over Wifi, but I can answer questions on Wario, G&W, and Diddy (My 3 best characters for those of you who follow the legacy of DMG lol :)).

Top Bottom