• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Training Grounds: Now needing >>Students<<

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
You don't need applications for anyone that isn't teaching. They just ask a person for help.

That's how this should work, imo.

spartandrew21

Smash Cadet
This sounds like a great idea.

Yeah, I agree with Straked. Just have a list of available teachers and the people who want to be trained or critiqued can contact them.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Maybe you could message an Administrator about it or bring it up in the Suggestions thread.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't really see what that'll do...

We especially need more teachers, because if n00blets come and there are no teachers for their character, it defeats the purpose of the thread.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Well, I'm a n00blet, so take my words as a grain of salt, but you're basically trying to raise this idea's popularity. What's a good way to let people know about this; the GBD doesn't work very well.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I hope Darkmusician does Zelda, I'd be eternally grateful. I was also thinking of picking up Marth SOLID =P Ill think about it.

Sieguest

Smash Master
Ice Climbers, Kirby
Marthage/Visitor Message or PM/ I don't believe in AIM (cuz I don't have an aim account:()

I am what my name says it is...I live in Texas (GO TEXAS!!!) Now that my summer classes are coming to a close...I have more time to get on brawl and stuff...I share this account with my other half so if you getta "huh who are you? message" tell said half to get offa the computer....:laugh:. I don't have an AIM account so boo me...:( hope I did this right....
Oh right friend code... 3909-8646-5513

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I also thought you'd change it up a little. Like, you add every character in the game, alphabetically, and put the information down UNDER it.

ebhz.Ash.4rm

Smash Cadet
I also thought you'd change it up a little. Like, you add every character in the game, alphabetically, and put the information down UNDER it.
Why not put individual threads in each character's boards so you get more attention from people who focus on the characters and from people who wanna learn em, traffic seems crap in here, you need more attention to keep this afloat.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why not put individual threads in each character's boards so you get more attention from people who focus on the characters and from people who wanna learn em, traffic seems crap in here, you need more attention to keep this afloat.
That's up to the creator of this thread to manage public relations.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
The character threads would be dead almost always, except for metaknight because everyone thinks they're good with him. and anyone can find this in general discussion, as well was stray away from their own main.
This couldn't be far from the truth. Meta Knight forums are usually dead for hours.

The most activity? Snake, Pikachu, Marth.

I'd also like the OP to go in order of character alphabetically. It looks unorganized with everything so askew.

And don't put them in quotes, please.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Don't see why. If you're bad or want to learn a character, the best thing you can do if learn the basics from a veteran of that character. They might not be particularly amazing, but they sure know their stuff.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
If you aren't serious about a character, you won't ask for help. Let them be confused.

Also, you might wanna edit the title.

Something along the lines of "Character Teachers | Need help learning a character? Come here!"

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
People don't have too much pride. I got contacted yesterday afternoon from someone who wants to learn.

Sieguest

Smash Master
People don't have too much pride. I got contacted yesterday afternoon from someone who wants to learn.
That's someone...congratulations......but we can't use just one person to justify everyone...a lot of people do contain too much pride to get help when they need it :ohwell:

but yeah, if someone truly cares to get better with their character they'll ask for help, and hopefully this thread will just push that urge.

As for me...I've been resting on my bum...now that I have more free time...I've just sandagging on "with anyone" where the lulz are...

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
I guess, maybe people have too much pride to come learn from someone.
Don't see why. If you're bad or want to learn a character, the best thing you can do if learn the basics from a veteran of that character. They might not be particularly amazing, but they sure know their stuff.
True but I've seen people turn down help they could easily get cos of pride, people can be idiots at times.
All I know is that I'd rather be learning than teaching. Pride is for people who can't get better. ;)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Personally, I think that we should make sure people are qualified to teach.

Not calling anyone in particular out, but people shouldn't apply to teach unless they're actually decent with the character and they know a lot about the character. Just a basic point, I mean we don't want people teaching that don't know what they're talking about.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I think what SOLID is trying to say is "who are all these no names omg gtfo".

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Jigglypuff, King Dedede

Noobicidal / 3265-6146-8774 / VM / MSN is Noobicidal@live.com

The name's Noobicidal, or Noob for short. I main both Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, and I use around 12 other characters at a competent level. Though I use primarily Ganon, I do not feel comfortable enough teaching him; there are much better teachers out there. I will however teach Jigglypuff and D3 as much as I possibly can (assuming anyone wants to use Puff...).

I live on the East coast, and I'm free from 3-4 PM to stupidly early in the morning. Night matches are preferable.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Jigglypuff, King Dedede

Noobicidal / 3265-6146-8774 / VM / MSN is Noobicidal@live.com

The name's Noobicidal, or Noob for short. I main both Jigglypuff and Ganondorf, and I use around 12 other characters at a competent level. Though I use primarily Ganon, I do not feel comfortable enough teaching him; there are much better teachers out there. I will however teach Jigglypuff and D3 as much as I possibly can (assuming anyone wants to use Puff...).

I live on the East coast, and I'm free from 3-4 PM to stupidly early in the morning. Night matches are preferable.
Just confirming this guy is qualified to teach said characters.

Vouching for his Jigglypuff.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Curiousity asks: Will you want n00blets signing up? Are you going to make a place for them to sign?

Top Bottom