• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

God Kais Present OC#2 " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 1" Fairfield, OH (Sep. 5th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
God Kais Present " Brawl Bootcamp Lv 1" Fairfield, OH (Sep. 5th)
Ohio Circuit Event #2

Im proud to present the first of hopefully many tournaments being presented by The God Kais! The location in which we will be holding the tournament is called Arcade Legends. Arcade legends has the largest selection of classics arcade games in the Tri-State area which includes over 50 arcade games and pinball machines. Some of them include TMNT(4 players), X-MEN (6 players), Punch Out, Galaga 3 and many more. And all these games will be free to play all day of the tournament with your venue fee paid. So bring your controllers and your friends to enjoy some competitive brawl and re-live your favorite arcade games!
For more on all the games they have please visit their website at:
http://arcadelegendsohio.com/

Where:

5951-3 Boymel Dr.
Fairfield, OH 45014

When:

Saturday Sep. 5th
Registration starts at 10:30 and ends at 11:30 NO LATER
(you can call ahead if you will be a few minutes late but other then that sorry)
Tournament starts at 12:00 (Doubles First! Then singles right after doubles ends)

Price:

$10 Venue Fee (Bring a Setup and Get halved to $5!! Brawl/Wii/TV)*
$10 For Singles
$10 For Doubles ($20 Total for a Team)

Contact Info:

Infern : 513-276-6600
Y.b.M. : 513-295-4214

*The Arcade usually charges $12 for an all-day-free pass but for this day they will only charge $10 as a venue fee, which gets discounted to $5 if you bring a setup. And yes this will also cover unlimited play all day!

Split:
Singles Payout

1st: 48% *
2nd: 22%*
3rd: 14%*
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Teams Payout
1st: 55%
2nd: 30%
3rd: 15%

* 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners of singles will also get a free venue pass for the next time they come to Arcade Legends, meaning they will not have to pay a venue fee for next time they come!

Setups:

Since the Venue is not relatively large, we will be planning on using only 10 full setups. The venue will be providing us with 2 full setups(including a gigantic 106 inch HDTV SCREEN for important matches and finals!) so I am counting on you guys to bring the other 8 full setups, which I am sure we will not have a problem with since all you guys just love the God Kais. Also since there is a limit of setups we can run, there is a limit to those who will get a discounted venue fee, so this will be a first come first served basis, so PLEASE POST IF YOU ARE BRINGING A SETUP IN ORDER TO GET ON THE LIST OF THOSE WHO WILL BE GETTING THE DISCOUNTED VENUE FEE!!!!

I will also suggest that if we do have space for more setups and people bring extras, we will gladly hook them up for friendlies ans such, but unfortunately they will not get a discounted venue fee since the estimated limit we have is 10 to fit plus Arcade Legends will not gain much profit from alot of people getting discounts.

Food:
There is a McDonalds within walking distance as well as other fast food restaurants within 5 minutes of driving distance. Snacks and drinks will also be available for anyone at the Arcade

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Life Stealing is allowed (Doubles Only)

* Set team attack to ON (Doubles Only)

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If both are tied at the end of the match it will be replayed with the same characters, ports and stage 1 stock 2 minute time limit.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.

* You are responsible for your own controller (Bring your own) and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by
both parties.

* No show DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set. There should be no excuse for not being there when your match is called because all the food you need is in the venue for you.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Note: Arcade Legends may not be held liable for any lost, stolen, or damaged goods during this event.

Neutral: For Stage Striking

- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Lylat Cruise
- Smashville
- Yoshi's Island

Counterpicks

- Halbred
- Pokemon Stadium 1
- Brinstar
- Castle Siege
- Delfino Plaza
- Frigate Orpheon
- Jungle Japes
- Pictochat
- Pirate Ship
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- Rainbow Cruise
- Distant Planet
- Green Greens
- Luigi's Mansion
- Port Town Aero Dive
- Yoshi's Island pipes (Pipes)
- Norfair

Rest of stages are banned.

Attending:
1. Infern Angelis
2. Y.b.M.
3. Smash64
4. Clowsui
5. Cr4sh
6. Argent Stew
7. AZ
8. Kassandra Nova
9. OS
10. Kel
11. Arc Revived
12. Tyr
13. Steel Samurai
14. Beegs
15. The Great Muldini
16. Fonz
17. Osirun
18. Lunar2
19. Xisin
20. Mister Eric
21. Mr. E
22. Count
23. Jekyll
24. Jkip
25. DJ Iskascribble
26. Champ
27. Capem
28. Fan Fan
29. e_
30. Rage
31. Nope
32. Wangston
33. Wakka
34. Sai
35. Sneaky Tako
36. Lou
36. King Yoshi
37. Blue Rouge
38. Judge
39. Anther
40. Lain
41. Rofa
42. SamuraiPanda
43. Iris
44. NOJ
45. Arty
46. Quivo

Maybes/Probables:
1. Hilt
2. Mew2King
3. Fizzleboy
4. Pops
5. Ithrowthings
6. Avarice Panda
7. PeppyWil
8. TheKiest
9. Iwillnevertell
10. HK Donut of the Blue Fire
11. Framerate
12. Goad Moose

Setups:
1. Arcade Legends
2. Arcade Legends
3. Arcade Legends
4. Fan Fan
5. Tyr
6. Osirun
7. OS
8. Wangston
9. Wangston
10. Wangston

Standby/ Friendlies Setups:

1. Sai

Any question or comments please feel free to post them

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Reserved for the awesomeness of THE GOD KAIS!!!

... also for results

Singles:
2: Anther
2: Lain
3: Judge
4: AZ
5: OS
5: Y.b.M.
7: Blue Rogue
7: Kel
9: Lou
9: Infern Angelis
9: Beegs
9: SamuraiPanda
13: Capem
13: Nope
13: Argent Stew
13: Wangston
17: Mr. E
17: Fizzle Boy
17: Mister Eric
17: Steel Samurai
17: Champ
17: DJ Iskascribble
17: Count
17: Sneaky Tako
25: Arc
25: The Great Muldini
25: Lunar2
25: Tyr
25: Clowsui
25: Smash64
25: King
25: Nicalobe

Drowned in a Pool

33: Josh Kip
33: Moose
33: cr4sh
33: Rage
33: Chuee
33: DLaw
33: Jekyll
33: Epic
41: drak
41: Osirun
41: AJ
41: Spencer
41: Bead
41: Jellityme
41: K Rool
41: Rude Ranxor
49: Kassandra Nova
49: Marka Man
49: Today

Doubles:
1: Anther/Judge
2: AZ/OS
3: Everybody Poops But Lain
4: Don't Bother Playing Sonic
5: Y.b.M./Sneaky
5: Chocolate Rain
7: Kel/Samurai Panda
7: NOJ/Epic
9: Sky High
9: Blades and Nades
9: Beegs/Tyr
9: Non-men get autopunch
13: Indiana is Clearly
13: Ice
13: Save Shaq-Fu

clowsui

Smash Legend
Infern you're stupid for not telling me about any of this.

Let's talk about this sometime...AIM, FB or phone would work -__-;

Regardless, I'll be attending this.

clowsui

Smash Legend
You spelt my name wrong LOL Just do Chi if you can't spell clowsui with a u

In any case expect a call from me tomorrow...

I'll give SS and Sam heads up too, as well as e__. I have a few scrub friends who can put into the pot and I can probably get some of IN and MI to come since every lower level player wants a shot at me for some reason o___O

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
That is plan B.1.

B.2 is seeing if Amy will drive me.
Your pretty much set to come then

You spelt my name wrong LOL Just do Chi if you can't spell clowsui with a u

In any case expect a call from me tomorrow...

I'll give SS and Sam heads up too, as well as e__. I have a few scrub friends who can put into the pot and I can probably get some of IN and MI to come since every lower level player wants a shot at me for some reason o___O
tell them to post too or u give me their confirmation that they are for sure coming

i wanna go to this
if I have the money >_>
ur in the maybe list then :bee:

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
If I do go I'll bring my TV and SNES.
My TV can be used for a setup if it's needed.

Count

Smash Champion
This is about an hour 45 min from school and its on a three day weekend for me at school, so put me as a maybe for now but there is a very good chance that I will be there.

If you guys are having tournaments here often I could see myself going quite a bit.

God Kais!!

clowsui

Smash Legend
Count...

there's no escaping for me this time.

I'll resign to my fate...

THE ULTIMATE MONEY MATCH!!!!

5$ 3/5?

(wakka 1$ 2/3?)

Count

Smash Champion
Sounds great clowsui.

I'll try hard to be there, like I said I think that I will be.

Pretty hyped for this but I gotta worry about my own tourney the previous week haha.

Nope

Smash Lord
Woot Time for Springfield to Invade God Kais while they are on Home turf, but I probably wont be able to make it myself since soccer is starting. I'm sure the others will though.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
If I do go I'll bring my TV and SNES.
My TV can be used for a setup if it's needed.
Unless I can get confirmation that you are coming I wont be able to put you down as bring a setup :(

Infern even if Tyr doesn't go I'll grab his TV and we'll have another TV
Ill wait till Tyr gives an input to see who to put down as bringing a setup
This is about an hour 45 min from school and its on a three day weekend for me at school, so put me as a maybe for now but there is a very good chance that I will be there.

If you guys are having tournaments here often I could see myself going quite a bit.

God Kais!!
Awesome it be great if you can make it, and hopefully bring some more IN people
I like the free venue fee for first, second, and third.
Compliments of Arcade Legends
Woot Time for Springfield to Invade God Kais while they are on Home turf, but I probably wont be able to make it myself since soccer is starting. I'm sure the others will though.
Ah that sucks, u guys and ur soccer johns. Well then we be more then happy to get the rest of the smashfield crew to come down and make it

Kel

Smash Master
All of cincinnati should go!

Especially Overswarm, since he's so amazing and wonderful and handsome. He's the best thing that's ever happened to Cincinnati, and is the reason we should all continue playing smash!

Also, you should ban Metaknight at your events and give Overswarm free pie! :D :D :D

I also think papayas are bad for you and taste awful.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Now that I think about it Y.b.M. also suggest banning MK for this event, maybe i will ban him for our next one, thoughts everyone?

Also OS get off Kel's Account

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Now that I think about it Y.b.M. also suggest banning MK for this event, maybe i will ban him for our next one, thoughts everyone?

Also OS get off Kel's Account
We should ban him from the first tournament. Or atleast take a vote from people entering to decide if he should or not.

Kel

Smash Master
This is most certainly not OS on Kel's account! If that were the case, the name wouldn't be Kel at all!

Also, GKais would be cowards if they banned OS from their event. They aren't cowards, ARE THEY?!

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to this with a wii/brawl/tv and hopefully will get a bunch of NEOH to come out

AvaricePanda

Smash Lord
This is my only free Saturday before Marching Band contests for 2 months.

._. I really want to go to this. I'm maybe if I can somehow convince my parents to allow Count to take me, or my mom doesn't mind driving like 2 hours, lol.

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
Cross country season starts soon... I probably won't be able to make it down. T____T Sorry 513, maybe some other time.

...maybe I can get my parents to take me if I break a certain time at a race... they had to buy me a new phone last year because they got themselves in a crappy deal... I'll see if I can figure it out. >_>

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'll probably be there. We should try to get more locals to come so it's a bigger deal (and we maybe get to play some people we don't play all the time.) If I can come, I'll bring my tv.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom