• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~~OC#8 NORTHEAST OHIO PRESENTS BRAWL! (OCT. 24th) "MELEE SINGLES AFTER"~~

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
NEOH PRESENTS BRAWL!

After Test your might I'm becoming more interested in Brawl and decided I would start to host Brawl tournaments with a following Melee tournament for those who are interested. I will also host seperate Melee tournaments occasionally as well. I will certainly follow through with hosting a if I get a 20+ turnout, anything short of that attendance mark stands at a maybe, so please travel up here players, I am a capable and dependable host.

I already know that I'll have a good turnout for Melee but Brawl I'm not so sure of because I'm not acquainted with many of you Brawl players yet; so if you would like to attend then please let me know on the thread and once I see the amount of people who plan to attend I will decide if it's worth hosting, and from there I'll decide if I want to make this a monthly occurence.

*This event is #8 of the Ohio Circuit; therefore points will be awarded accordingly to those who place within the required spots*

~ The Address

9235 N. Church dr.
Parma, Oh 44130

~ The Cost

SSBB Doubles: $20 per team
SSBB Singles: $10 per person
Melee side tourney: $5 per person for either singles or doubles
$5 door fee
*$5 door fee waived if you bring a tv and set up*

~ Schedule

Doubles will begin at noon
Singles will begin as soon as doubles end
There are no time constraints, so the tournament may carry on as long as necessary

~ ALSO: I can house anyone who requires it (Out of state and players from further away have priority though)

~ The Rules

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Singles Payout
1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

Doubles
1st: 55%
2nd 30%
3rd 15%

PAID IN CASH ON THE SPOT

Brawl Rules and Format:

* 3 Stock Double Elimination

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* Bring your own controller

* All matches prior to Winners' and Losers' Finals are best of 3. Winners', Losers', and Grand Finals are best of 5

* The Stage Strike system will be used and explained for the first match of all sets, then after procedure is loser stage pick, winner character choice, loser character choice.

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* Dave's Stupid Rule: No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

*Standing Infinites are BANNED which include (but not limited to) Dedede's small-step chain grab. Dedede standard chain grab is fine.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action.

* Stalling is banned. Any legal infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

* I am NOT to be held liable for your horsing around, if someone is injured or there is some form of altercation I am not responsible for either party.

* Drugs and Alcohol are prohibited.

Additional Rules for Double's

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Brawl Stage List:

Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise

Counterpicks:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Castle Siege
Halberd
Pokémon Stadium 1
Brinstar
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Distant Planet

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Brawl will get a good turnout. I'll spread the word around to help out too.

Also, message AlphaZealot and ask him if you can get this put on the Ohio Circuit if you want. That would definitely get some more attention from more than just the locals.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Put up some rules (c/p test your might if you don't know what to have) and then welcome to the circuit!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Diddy is such a sexy character to watch, lol. Makes me want to try picking him up myself. =P

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
One note:

For the Ohio Circuit the TO's have agreed to do the following:
-Payouts are all the same (your singles payouts are fine, doubles is 55/30/15).
-Run the tourament with TIO and upload the results to AiB when its over
-When making the results thread, include full, detailed results (aka not just top 3, but the placement of every person down to last place).
-Add OC#5 to your thread title/the results/the opening post (you will be the 5th event unless we pick something else up in the two weekends between your event and Nope's Monthly - right now there is a chance for a wings and brew event and maybe something else will crop up, who knows?)
-That's it.

If you are up to the task of basically being a responsible TO (aka full results + brackets on AiB) then welcome on board! Glad to have you!

EDIT:

Oh, and you may want to include your address and the entry fee's to the opening post!

Double edit: how many people can you hold?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
sure thing i can do that where can i get the program? Can you change the name of my thread to show it's a circuit event.
Google "Tio Tournament Organizer" to find and download the program. I'm not that experienced with it but I have used it before so I'll help you out. I'll see if 4%, ITT, or King Yoshi could help us out as well since they're more experienced with it, just for the sake of running everything as smooth as possible.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
http://allisbrawl.com/tio/

That is the info.

Basic tournament design is:
pools > 16 or 32 man bracket

TIO will help you do everything. However I would recommend you run a fake tournament (or 2) the day before so you understand exactly how to use the program (like, for example, advancing people from pools into brackets).

If you just do a straight up double elimination bracket you can seed (if you want, but it would probably make life easier) by "circuit" points, which is viewable in The Ohio Circuit sticky (read through that if you haven't already).

I may also come to this.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
CAN YOU PLEASE

PLEASE

PLEASE ADD MELEE

smash 64 would be cool too but PLEASE HAVE MELEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I could really use the Melee practice (I'll need it for tourneys such as Pound4) and I never wanna play alone only at tourneys

or can someone host a Melee sunday tourney also at least?

edit - btw I'll be bringing like at least ~3 or so people most likely (not including myself)

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I won't be able to attend anything on the week before though :(

Vidjo and Dac (2 of the people I'm bringing besides Shugo) can literally run the Melee tourney for you if you need us to. You won't have to do anything except allow it.

You could do Sat -> Sunday or Fri -> Sat, having Melee on either Fri or Sun and Brawl on Sat. Or you could just have both on Sat with our help.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Ok i will host melee along with this if noone cares to be at my aprtment till late at night. I dont play brawl i love melee but im trying to start brawl. Kb<eddie> is gonna go over jesse's soon to play smash mind if i come along and play? I sent you a comment on myspace asking a bit ago.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Yeah i know where you live i've been to jesse's b4. I'll do this If vidjo will help me run the brawl tourney and you. Then i can focus on running the melee how does that sound?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That would be me, I'm KB. It was cool to finally watch you play in person, the killer pimp robot Mr. Cinnaminson. :)

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm probably not gonna attend if there is Melee. Unfortunately I've never seen a tournament (local) that attempts to run both finish anywhere close to an appropriate hour (actually a ChuDat biweekly once didn't even get to host Brawl singles cause 15 of the 60 people there wanted a Melee singles/doubles before Brawl started). Test Your Might was great last weekend, but the tournament ran behind and I didn't even feel like playing by the time loser's finals came around at 11:00PM. Part of the reason it ran behind was running two tournaments simultaneously and having to wait on players like Lain/M2K to play Melee before they could do Brawl sets (and vise versa).

Now if you ran Melee AFTER Brawl singles/doubles was done, then I'd be totally fine. I've seen to many tournaments crash and burn and/or run far behind because they either tried to run Melee and Brawl at the same time or because they said they were a Brawl tournament but let even 1 or 2 set ups get used for Melee friendlies during Brawl.

Granted, you have an apartment, so you don't have to worry about time constraints like getting kicked out of a venue, but from my perspective I want to get home at something earlier than 1-2am considering its a 2 hour + drive for me.

clowsui

Smash Legend
tbqh i think there wouldn't be that much difference if you switched the melee-only weekend for this one, since there are plenty of tos available to run brawl tournies on this day and you'd be likely to attract attendance for melee w/ m2k (i'm not actually sure on that, so someone correct me if i'm wrong lol)

clowsui

Smash Legend
Haha glad to see you agree AZ =)

This is one of my two only tournament weekends in October, lol. This weekend is a 3-day weekend also which means I'm much more likely to attend something than on Halloween weekend, where friends will try to steal me away for some important social function.

I think S-field should host something on this date, if Steve decides to switch the date. Springfield monthlies are not only popular but amazing and fun.

The only real issue is if M2K wants both events, in which case I'd have to say this: there are very few Ohioans competing OOS in Melee, lol. You're not going to get any good practice from this state, so if the PA people who were going to come to this agree that this date is fine and Steve switches to this date, then you're in a winning position completely. You'll have way more Brawl practice than Melee, so going to a Melee exclusive event will help you 10x more than a Brawl event. Besides, you're convinced most of our state except 4-5 players suck anyways, so what's the trouble?

clowsui

Smash Legend
I don't need it haha, I think it'd just be nice if the OOS people could come this weekend for the Melee tournament, and if you could host this one on the weekend of the 3rd instead.

Could you ask the attendees of the event on October 3rd if they would mind the event being on this weekend instead? That's what I'm asking, really. That way M2K gets Melee training and we still have an OC5 event (only a weekend earlier).

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Ok so...Brawl is Oct. 3rd and Melee is Oct. 10th? Am I saying that right? Or is Melee going to be held the weekend before the Brawl event?

EDIT: Nevermind.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@KB: this is correct. Brawl is 10/3 and Melee is 10/10. That way people who want Melee bad (like M2K) will get the practice they need on this weekend, and the Brawl people who were planning to come to this and not a regional still get a weekend to come on this with circuit benefit and Melee on the side. It's win-win.

Thanks so much, Steve...now to get AZ to host WaB on this date. Either that or get Springfield to host on this date.

solecalibur

Smash Master
I dont think I'll be able to make it but Late Novemeber or December if you host another tounry id go for sure (just not conflicting another tounry's)

marknhs116

Smash Rookie
I am pretty sure I can come to this event. I may be able to bring like 3 other people. We are only like intermediate at best (I placed 25th at Test Your Might VI), so do not expect much....
I can also bring a setup. Do you want my 32" LCD, which has about 8ms of refresh rate (slightly laggy)? Or a 19" tube tv?
October 3rd at 12pm is when we get started for the day, right?

Impp

Smash Ace
We need lots of T.Vs and wiis. There'll be a cat there, too, and cigarette smoke. Just a heads up.

Y.b.M.

Smash Master
Well...Looks like I will not be attending this tournament... I am Dangerously Allergic to cats....And Cigarette smoke isn't something I can Tolerate to be around more than 30 minutes....Other than that I'd go...But it's a wrap....

Top Bottom