• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Rocky Shoutouts, Results, Photos & Videos - Nostalgia Thread!

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
ROCKY 2009

ROCKY VIDEO ARCHIVE

For the benefit of your viewing pleasure, I have compiled an archive of recorded matches from BAM's Rocky Brawl/Melee tournament - Australia's largest ever smash event. Shoutouts to Shaya for recording and putting in the time and effort to upload, a big thanks to all the players that make these worth watching.

Melee Singles

Grand Finals Set 2

CAOTIC (Peach) vs Kas (Marth) 5

CAOTIC (Peach) vs Kas (Marth) 3/4
CAOTIC (Peach) vs Kas (Marth) 1/2

Grand Finals Set 1

Match 3 was lost (CAOTIC won)​

Winners Final

CAOTIC (Peach) vs Kas (Marth) 3

Losers Final

ACCELERATE (Marth) vs CAOTIC (Peach) 3/4

ACCELERATE (Marth) vs CAOTIC (Peach) 1/2

Winners Semi Finals​

Winners Quarter Finals​

Losers Quarter Final​

Winners Final​

Losers Semi Final​

Grand Finals​

Winners Semi Finals​

Winners Bracket​

Brawl Doubles​

Thanks for watching :)

Rocky was held in Melbourne's Victoria Hotel on 10-11 October 2009, in conjunction with Couch Warriors' first major annual event (Battle Arena Melbourne). Overall attendance surpassed 240 over the weekend as players converged to compete in various fighting games. Rocky was unanimously heralded as one the greatest Australian Smash tournaments of all time and set new national precedents. This includes having the largest turnout of any tournament in the Australian Smash community (103), the largest prize pool ($1960), various media coverages, and the largest interstate turnout (50% of all entrants). Rocky also introduced new initiatives, such as the introduction of the 'Underused Bonus,' the release of pool-previews, and the return of old favorites, such as Dodgeball.

Event photos:
www.flickr.com/thundermistress

Event videos:
www.youtube.com/hiyashaya

Level 3 Podcast:
http://www.level3.org.au/?a=podcasts

Dodgeball footage:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tYk8tFg8ec

Bohemian Rhapsody:
http://www.youtube.com/WolfenboozerOC2#p/a/u/0/S40TDDJedRE

Rocky Full Results:
(Winnings are approximations only)

Earnings:
Corpsecreate - $385
Kas - $333
Tibs - $157
Tedeth - $153
Luke Atyeo - $153
CAOTIC - $147
Emily - $135
Dekar - $135
Accelerate - $108
D0N - $100
Amaterasu - $81
Meteor Master - $79
Shaya - $27
Jaz - $22

Brawl Singles Finals
1: Corpsecreate (WA) - $306
2: Tibs (VIC) - $157
3: Amaterasu (QLD) - $54

4: Shaya (NSW)
5: D0N (USA) - $100 Underused Bonus with Donkey Kong*
5: Tedeth (NSW)
7: Luke Atyeo (ACT)
7: Earl (VIC)
9: Meteor Master (NSW)
9: Afropony (VIC)
9: Ledge (VIC)
9: Bjay (NSW)
13: Swordsaint (NSW)
13: Splice (VIC)
13: S.D (NSW)
13: Dekar (VIC)
17: Zero (NSW)
17: Toshi (VIC)
17: Haydino (VIC)
17: Condog (VIC)
17: Silfa (ACT)
17: Tanman (VIC)
17: Jei (VIC)
17: Isorropia (NSW)

Brawl Teams
1: (Tedeth + Luke_Atyeo) - $306 (NSW)
2: (Meteor Master + Corpsecreate) - $157 (WA/NSW)
3: (Shaya + Amaterasu)
- $54 (QLD/NSW)

4: (Dekar + Jei)
5: (Tibs + CAOTIC)
5: (Earl + Nicks)
7: (Condog + LeishaChu)
7: (Alfa + Haydino)
9: (Metanova + Apollo)
9: (Splice + Ledge)
9: (Edgegames + DrixonSypher)
9: (Joeyjoeyjoejoe + Toshiba)
13: (D0N + Swordsaint)
13: (Pirate. + Bylim)
13: (T-Rex + Dean P.)
13: (Hotdogs + Gords)
17: (Khoa + Tanman)
17: (Bjay + Gerard)
17: (Pudi + Buk)
17: (Afropony + Nay)
17: (Comboturtle + S.D)
17: (X + Devil)
17: (Atlas + Mfrek)
17: (Viva + DJKaion)
25: (Jambo + Throwback)
25: (SummonerAU + Zero)
25: (MonkeyBear + Blackshadow)
25: (Kas + Accelerate)
25: (Scabe + Cake)
25: (Jaz + Unreon)
25: (Vermy + Silfa)
25: (Darcey + Jake)
33: (isthattim? + Daz)
33: (Pandepic + Angus*)
33: (Mic_128 + Kupo)

Melee Singles Finals
1: Kas (QLD) - $270
2: CAOTIC (VIC) - $125
3: Accelerate (QLD) - $45

4: S.D (NSW)
5: Monkeybear (Canada)
5: Emily (VIC)
7: Comboturtle (NSW)
7: Dekar (VIC)
9: unreon (NSW)
9: Blackshadow (SA)
9: Redact (VIC)
9: Tibs (VIC)
13: Toshi (VIC)
13: Corpsecreate (WA)
13: Vash (Canada)
17: Jei (VIC)
17: Atticus (VIC)
17: Afropony (VIC)
17: isthattim? (NSW)
17: Jaz (NSW)
17: Gords (NSW)
17: X (VIC)
25: Scabe (ACT)
25: Meteor Master (NSW)
25: JoeyJoeyJoeJoe (VIC)
25: Devil (VIC)
25: Forte (VIC)
25: Bjay (NSW)
25: Mikul (VIC)

Melee Teams
1: Emily + Dekar - $270 (VIC)
2: Accelerate + Kas - $125 (QLD)
3: CAOTIC + Jaz - $45 (VIC/NSW)

4: S.D + Comboturtle
5: Meteor + Amaterasu
5: Blackshadow + Unreon
7: Bjay + Bryan
7: Vash + Monkeybear
9: Splice + Aforpony
9: Tibs + Redact
9: isthattim? + Daz
9: Jei + Tak
13: Mikul + Sam
13: Toshi + Joey
13: Atlas + Cake
13: Riciardos + Thundermistress
17: Leisha + Metanova
17: Mic_128 + Corpsecreate
17: Alfa + Ledge
17: Timic + Pandepic
17: Hotdog + Gords
17: Jake + Darcy
17: Smoking Puppy + Dedu
17: Druckey + Apollo
25: Devil + X

Nova

Banned via Warnings
So do I.... >_>

ant! I can't wait to destroy you! D-air spam! We'll do it when nobody is watching. Mwhahaha. *Cough*

Corpse, are you at the airport? I'm like, sitting in some random area. :(

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
lol @ people in the other thread saying "so-and-so would have won if they came".
If they don't represent, no one cares how good they might be. No johns. :)

I haven't really been participating in Smash these days but I'm glad I came. Big respect to all the winners, KO and his legendary TO efforts, everyone who came from interstate to make this tournament so massively hype, Sam for bringing the Melty Blood love and everyone else who shared in it, tibs for his sharp Doc pretty decisively dropping me to loser's, and especially to unreon for easily one of the most intense sets I've ever had. Seriously.

I LAG

Smash Lord
wow some of the people that didn't make the bracket could of easily got like 7th or at least 9th

there should be like a different system instead of pools imo coz like some people that got knocked out shouldn't have imo.

kupo

Smash Lord
Wall of text

I’ve probably said it over a million times at the tourney but I’ve probably had the toughest match ups ever. I guess that’s what you get for wishing for easier brackets (lol karma). But it was good fun playing against good players and it shows where I need to improve on. I absolutely hated being under pressure and having eyes on the big screen with all the screaming and cheering…ARGH! It was all too much! In the end though, everyone enjoyed the match! So i guess it was worth it.

Towards finals (for both Melee and Brawl), they were both very enjoyable. Good to see that Perth is still kicking in smash despite the smash scene not as big as Melbourne, QLD and Sydney. They were definitely the under dogs and I hope the other states will strive to improve, so we can see more exciting and nail biting finals played. Congrats to all the winners and all those who competed! Massive kudos to all the people who travelled long distances to be here and to CW + Cao for making BAM possible. Without you guys, this tournament wouldn’t have been possible.

To the shout outs (in no particular order)
QLD

The Crew: Forgive me as for myself not knowing your names but it’s to have a cheer squad and hyping up the games. You guys sure did make me nervous! Hope you guys had a good time here!

Ryan: Amazing player. You were definitely one of the toughest match ups for the tournament! One mistake and I was a goner. I was particularly afraid to play your Falcon because Jaz absolutely stomped me in crews at ‘Don’t Come’ and was surprised you decided to play Falco. I really enjoyed our matches in singles and teams as they were really intense and I had to pull out everything I had. You deserved the win in the end! I’ll be sure to practice up and get revenge =). Yes, I'll get you back on Brinstar once I get used to the annoying larva! Ggs!

Kas: Just too good. Sorry I couldn’t be much of a challenge at the finals in singles. I think if we played as soon as my match with Ryan was over, I would’ve played better. Oh well. Sorry I didn’t get to play a friendly with you. Next time for sure! Hope you had fun here! I’ll be sure to be a bigger challenge at the next major. Oh, and as for the suicides, I think they were purely accidental (same with the last match in losers against Ryan. Didnt pay attention to that at all lol). I was getting a bit delirious from the lack of food. Think I went for almost 10 hours without food since noon. No johns though! :p

Syke: Why dodge us? LOL!

SYD

Unreon: Haha, good to see you again! It’s almost been a year since ‘Don’t come’. As always, very technical and smooth Falco which I wish I had but cant (too much effort lol!). I hope my advice is actually helping you otherwise, just don’t listen to me >_<. Good friendlies! Don’t feel too bad. Just keep practicing and your play will improve and you’ll be just as good as Shiz!

Jaz: I got you in teams and friendlies but not crews! *shakes fist* There will be a day where I will finally get my revenge! It was good to hang out. Stop suiciding dammit! You’re such a risky player!

SD: Stomped my sheik with Ice Climbers. I’ll figure it out eventually how to be beat it with Sheik without having to resort to playing Peach. Was good to finally have friendlies with you. Really look forward to your commentary for Melee singles and Teams. Hope you had fun here!

ComboTurtle: Scary Marth. How do you guys get so good!? Don’t feel too bad about that one particular friendly match! Actually… I won’t say anything more about it :p. I have a feeling that you’ll somehow get insanely good and just dominate me in a tourney. Good games all around! Look forward to our next match should we ever come across each other.

VIC:

Cao: Wish I saw your matches against Kas. I have no doubt that it was the most intense and epic match up. And again, I’m kicking myself for not being able to progress far enough to play you in an official match. One day though! Thanks for organising and putting me in a hard bracket! :p Much love all around. Oh, don’t worry about Sam beating you once in pools. I got beaten too by Afro LOL!

Sam: RIGGED.BRACKETS! It’s ok, you beat Cao in a pool match. Just gotta release more of that ownage power against Cao and you’ll be best in Aus. How did you do in Melty Blood? Hope you came first… haha.

Leisha and Con: Until someone pointed out to me, you were both dressed up as Lucas and Ness which was SO cool! Leish, you’re an absolute beast at Brawl. Makes me wish I was even good at the game. The transition somewhat goes against me and I just suck. Good games you both played!

Tibs: WTF? If Diddy was in Melee, you’d probably be one of the hardest people to beat. Even though I only saw team matches and briefly singles finals, I’m absolutely amazed at how fast you play. Well played at brawl and a shame I didn’t get to have a friendly with you for Melee. There’s always the November monthly. We’ll do more then! ;)

Dekar: LOL carried hard in teams. What the hell did you do in the first set of losers bracket? Oh right, the rests, which still make me think “WTF, how the f*ck did he pull that off?”. You’re still full of sh*t too. Least Melbourne is good at something. I’m glad we still decided to team, because we both work well together which I’ve been looking to find for ages. Team chemistry FTW. I still need to figure out how I can beat you in a set match. Blah, one day…

Perth/Others:

Corpse: Congrats on winning singles. Good to see that Toon Link can win tournies!

Mic: Hey, we did ok in teams. Try not to suicide too much. Good game though!

Monkeybear: Sheik dittoes suck. Glad I got to play you in a few friendlies. I’ll have to play you in the NTSC version so I can get chain grabbed and uair’d lol. Imagine if NTSC was played here…

Vash: I didn’t get to play you in singles at all, but we did pretty well in friendly teams. Was a pleasure meeting you and Monkey, hope you enjoy your stay here. Hope we can meet up to play more and be able to just chill out before you both leave for Canada. Will miss you both! <3

That’s all I can think of at moment. Sorry if I’ve forgotten anyone else.

Also, remove the rule of playing the same person twice. The concept I think would be better for bigger tournaments than smaller ones. Or not. Think of it as a second chance to beat the person who beat you!

GG’s all around. Look forward to videos!

Dekar289

Smash Hero
im horrible at shoutouts

cao - what a TO, what a player. that turnip combo... omfg. hope you enjoyed rocky as much as i did.

emily - omfg cuties only FTMFW. thanks soooo sosososoosso much for teaming, i know a lotta people will think of teams and think of all the rests, but i know it was thanks to you ****** 1v2 that we won. not only at the end of the matches but often for the most part of matches, with me getting whacked off the stage and you fighting both kas and ryan while i slowly recover. I don't think anyone else could handle those two like you did yesterday, what a scary mother****ing sheik! <3 <3

accelerate - i've never experienced anything like chaingrabbing a falco while having 30 people screaming their heads off behind me lol. you are hella legit, man, but i still feel like i choked big time =( tense, exciting matches anyway ey, much more fun and exciting than peach vs marth or jiggs! 1000 friendlies next time please

kas - mannnnn when we played singles, and i lost that marth ditto by the smallest margin, i was so pissed of, then i look over at you and you look like you don't give a **** what happens, i ask you what stage you ban, you just shake your head... definitely put me on tilt... marth jiggs, wtf was i thinking. grats on first place, you and cao are definitely a little better than the restof the field. btw, your avatar is such a contrast to the buff guy you are. also, that first marth ditto we played, SLOWEST MARTH DITTO in history! ahahahahahha

turtle - i wish there was a third day to these things where there's no tournament, just friendlies and time to relax and chat and hang out. bl against sam, he just has your measure, too good with the single ice climber.

tibs - so proud of you, baby. corpse had his projectile game mastered, hard to see a diddy beating him on his CPs. for now. comeback of the year on chris, though. thanks for giving me stuff to cheer about, i was crapping my pants when you played chris and corps, can't imagine how you felt. in melee, don't ever scare me like that again. holy ****ing ****.

corpsecreate - so consistent... only two matches you lost all day was an unlucky SD and a diddy rocket spike. you gotta be hella smart to do some of the combos you did, espedcially the ones where you charge a smash and predict your opponent almost perfectly, you got balls, son. deserved it.

jei - thanks so much for trusting me not to suck haha, we got off to a slow start but i think we really hit our stride. with a better bracket we might have placed 2nd. in singles, i was having a great day with marth, even got very close to knocking off earl's metaknight. don't hate on me, hate on tio! =( <3

bjay - you are one scary mofo when you play. props for shifting the momentum in our set. you seemed quite pleased when i picked lylat cruise though, i'm guessing it's a great wario stage? bugger. unfortunately for me, it appears wario has 18 recoveries, and aggresive edgeguarding is the best part of my game (in both). wish i knew more about wario now... hell, i still can't tell the difference between which one of snake's mines is proximity and which is remote, hahaha.

jaz - love watching you play, grats on 3rd in teams, well earned. please tell me one of your riduculous combos was recorded.

gords - didn't really rate you highly after day 1, but holy hell on day 2 you showed me you are no joke. good ****.

unreon - you are the bomb. best falco ever. so quick, so smart, so technical. 1000 friendlies next time please (not with that disgusting jigglypuff though, although you still managed to combo the hell out of that, WTF!?)

chris - so proud once again, you might be disappointed with 3rd but imo finishing ahead of the likes of tedeth, don and shaya is insanely good.

don - comboing into dk smashes... PERFECT control of your character and movement around the stage on japes... you are a pro.

earl - thanks for beating smoking puppy! i'll repay you by defeating you with marth at the next stigma-b.

shaya - vids

vash - wow, what a pro. i am so lucky to have gotten by in 2 matches, so close.....

monkeybear - my bad for not realizing that it was our MM, wouldn't have made much difference anyways, nice job. wish i had your placing in the melee singles bracket :S

Cronos_Rainbow

Smash Champion
No state crews?

Well done to lots of ppl I know only barely, by reputation or not at all for putting in some results. Hyped to see the whole country is putting out some good players now.

Looking forward to seeing some vids, and when the next one comes bashing heads with Victoria in some Melee crews (Make it Happen KO for wubs sake!)

Good bois for saluting en masse in one of thsoe group pics.

kupo

Smash Lord
No state crews. Not enough time. Melee ran for too long.

Cao mentioned something about maybe having a third day for crews or something.

Vic would've got stomped anyways ):

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
No state crews?
Nah melee singles went overtime so they had to cancel it

SHOUTOUTS

Conor: We did amazing in teams, I couldn’t have asked for better. =D Its probably the best we’ve ever gone and hopefully we can continue with the performance that we did. The Cosplay was awesome too thanks for helping out with the shirts. Kirby+G&W Ftw <3

Apollo: Was nice to meet you in person finally =) The team matches we had against you were probably the most fun ones we got to play xD sorry for knocking your team out D; didn’t get to 1v1 you either, hopefully we get some friendlies next time

Nova: Was great to see you again, seems like you’re hyped into getting epic at brawl =P As I said before, awesome team matches. The second time round I think me and Conor were on drugs or something because we took the match a bit easier then last time xD. Hope to see you more often ^^

Scott: mowhaahahaha i got the pleasure of knocking you out in a tourney >=P. Nah just kidding around. I was just on one of my good days. I think that was the only time i got to play you, so good game =) cya around at Sydney.

Viva: Had fun hanging out with you again ^^. Always happy to see you, having fun, cracking up jokes xD. You were being evil to my lucas, dam flood! –shakes fist into the sky- ill see you again at n2c most likely =D

Chirs: gaaaah i couldnt stand a chance agasint your Mk ;_; but naw well i still tried my best and did okay. Gratz for placing 3rd in singles =)

Mickal: Thanks for playing Mario kart ds with me =). I had lots of fun. Got even better when others decided to join XD sorry we couldn’t have a pokemanz match. D; stupid DS’s not letting you set your pokemanz to 100 xD

Ricky: <3 you lots. Tough luck for not winning doubles, you seemed disappointed D=. I guess anyone would after coming that far then being knocked out. Ill come up to Sydney soon to take over again >=3

Emily: Fantastic melee performance in doubles, you and dekar were amazing. Its good to see another girl repping us up =) I rested dekar so now I’m the best jiggly player in the world! xD lol and thanks for cheering me on in my brawl matches ^_^.

Kaion: Was good to see you again =D we didn’t get to play much though D; i just gossiped to you about people ;D lolol we need to play more games next time. I might come to squat V so ill see you there =3

Gary: good job for making it out of pools, =) too bad you had to do an olimar ditto in the first match XD

Cao: Thanks for hosting an awesome tourney, It turned out to be a great smash event ^_^. Sorry for 9’ing you with G&W... Dx kinda needed some wins ^-^’’

CorpseCreate: Said it around before but I’ll say it again, Great work in winning singles. Your toon link is truly amazing. Never seen anything like it.

Ted+Luke: congratz for winning doubles, you work very well together and managed to pull through losers bracket and obtain the epic comeback like you told me xD. Good Work

Splice: thanks for all the G&W tips, =) ill make sure to use them next time I’m in a needy situation for them. Good job knocking out scott btw, I imagine he used snake on you so nice stuff :3

Turtle: gaaaaaaaaaaaah hate mk and diddy, x_x need to make sure I do better next time... or maybe i should actually start practicing brawl though XD anyways GG’s.

SD: was good to see you again =) Can’t wait to watch some of your epic commentation with matches :3 I want wavedashing iceclimbers for Christmas! I was watching your ice climbers and told ricky that, and he’s scared of me now lmao

Tibs: Bad Luck in singles dude, =(. I was cheering for you but the tink looked like a bit too much trouble. But still Second is great considering this was a major tourney =) so great work. I loled in the team matches too, My game and watch didn't wanna die >=3 (bucket break at 200% rofl) I was hoping to take a stock and lead you into the claptraps to win, but i never got the chance haha, anyways good games x3

Don: Most epic DK ever, I'll have to play you again at some-point before you leave to america again D; I freak out with dks xD such scary smash attacks haha. anyways good work in the tourney :3

Jei: I didn't get to watch any of your matches but i did hear that ugs beat you with wario in pools? o_o uh ohes! Anyways it didn't matter since you made it though regardless xD.

Attila: We Miss youuuuu D= it'll be good when we see you again =)

Bryan: We didnt get to speak much at the tourney i dont think D=. we need to go hyper together with mother >=D. That'd be fun ^_^ lol

Tanman: I couldnt control you in teams >=O gaaaah the game&watch, i see what splice means now xD G&W dittos are baaaaad. lol Was fun having the ds party with you too =3. Draw me as a sonic char ^____________^.

E-alert: Thanks for having friendlies with me ^.^ the matches we had were lols xD after a while we got distracted by the epic grand final haha. Ill cya in sydney again at some point.

T-Rex: Had fun seeing you again ^_^. lol at our melee matches, you spiked me then fell down and died before me. i was like LOL YES i win! XD i got very lucky haha. anyways ggs =) catch up soon!

Scabe: I love your link hat =) soo awesome, and your link is also just epic! I hope to see you more often because your cool to be around :3

Dekar: Lol i rested you in teams, mowhahahaha. But yeah you did awesome along with em in teams. soo many rests XD. great work

Gords: Sorry i forgot to grab your wii batteries and the back part, Pm me with your address and ill send them to you. thanks for my wiimote back also =)

Hotdog Chris: was nice to meet you, ^_^ ill probably meet up with you again at squat V, and we'll make sure to play some games. yaaay

Thundermistress: Thanks For taking photos at the tourney ^_^, i cant wait to see them once you get time to upload them =)

Cake: Was good to talk to you again also erin =) at some point we'll team and become the *****'n babes mwoahahahah. We shall take over xD

Iso: olimar was too good, I was like what the fudge when you spiked me off the ledge. Should have gone game&watch but i probably would've lost anyways, good games. :3

Vermy: Thanks for cheering me on in pools, I really needed the support. <3 You took my game&watch out one round which was good stuff. Sorry for Rob gaying you though D; i didnt know how to beat snake with g&w u_u

Ugly: You're getting alot better from the last time i played you =). Stick to wario, it should help you out alot ^^

Khoa: its really sad to see you go, =/ Hopefully you might change your mind and come join us again in the scene =). From then, take care

Zero: Didnt get to play you D; talked to you a couple of times =) we should play next time im in sydney or something,

okay finished for now, I might check it over just to make sure i didnt miss anyone. If i did im soo sorry and you can hurt me xD

D0N

Smash Ace
I had this looooong list of shoutouts, and then my computer froze... Always happens to someone right? I'll do it again eventually.

Alzi

Smash Master
Continuing on alzi's $500 bet.

Metanova 1v1 me with ganon ditto's. i will lose 'legit'.
Then we split the money $250 each lol
Thats cheating!.

Anyway i just really thank Cao for keeping us updated like all the time that made my day.

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Shout out time!

Corpsecreate:
Congratulations on 1st place! Everyone had their doubts about Perth players but you sure proved them wrong. Amazing TL, never seen anything like it, I hope you guys attend more national tournaments =)

Amaterasu:
Nooooooo, this is probably the lowest you've ever placed? haha. Congrats on 3rd though, you tried your hardest and you did extremely well against a bracket of 24 different kinds of ****. More QLD training is required!

Don:
You are one amazing player, I've never seen someone who plays so smart, I didn't expect to lose to a DK but you ***** me hard in the face hahaha. I hoped you would've stayed long enough for QLD's national tournament, I'll prob come down to a Sydney tourney before you leave =P

P.S Thanks for stealing my money =P

Afro + Splice:
Thanks for stealing my money too *shakes fist*

Haydino:
Congrats on knocking me out of the pools =P I just couldn't seem to find my way around you and just had a mind explosion haha, but I lost legit to a good GnW. I look forward to having a rematch someday =P

Condog:
CONDOG! Thanks for hosting me and **** and the Kirby plushie <3
Congrats on making it out of pools and after my horrible display at Rocky I announce you the better of Kirby's =) Good **** man keep it up, you've improved a hell of a lot =)

Tedeth:
Hahaha, funniest jew ever, congrats on 5th place, you gotta out place Shaya next time =P It was good playing and staying with you and Condog man, glad to train with the best wolf in Australia =P But don't worry, "I'll beat you, I'll beat you Tedeth" just you wait =P

Scabe:
It was good to finally meet you man, you have one legit Link, even beating Shaya with it in friendlies! haha awesome **** man.

Kas + Accelerate:
F*** yea Queensland! way to rep the Melee **** =P

Caotic:
Caoooo, thank you so much for organizing all this, it was simply amazing and I have no regrets coming down at all! Even though I did horribly in all 3 games haha =( It's an experience that I won't forget and I look forward to future tourneys =) You are the man.

and if I forgot anyone just lemme know haha, I hope to see all of you's at SQUAT, you all better come!
*shakes fist*

Now time to start training for SQUAT so I don't do so horribly horribly bad again >_>

Peace.

Throwback

Smash Lord
wow some of the people that didn't make the bracket could of easily got like 7th or at least 9th

there should be like a different system instead of pools imo coz like some people that got knocked out shouldn't have imo.
nothing against you otherwise, but this post....ILAG you idiot

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I have a lot to say about this tournament. Personally, it was by far and away the most fun and exciting Smash tournament I've ever had the pleasure of producing in Australia. I had more fun with Rocky then I did with Reloaded 3, Genesis, OC2 and the MLG series combined (in my heart the only thing more fun in my Smash days was Champ Combo). And what's surprising was that this tournament felt so professional, so hype and so evolved in scale, it wasn't about America. It was about us. The Australian Smash Community has finally evolved into another level of Smash tournament, the kind we always dream about. Our smash skill isn't quite there yet, but the way we coordinate and assemble ourselves as a community does. The standard Rocky has set for Australia scares me, as it'll surely be used as a benchmark for all future Australian majors. It's a fair call to say that I don't think anyone expected it to be this good. It wasn't only on my part Rocky delivered, the cheers goes to each and every one of you.

The quality of Smash overall was completely mind-boggling. Especially the final series for every single event. The matches met the insane hype.

A few worthy mentions:
Corpsecreate - You are absolutely amazing. Thank god you came to this and started a new chapter for Australian Smash.
Luke and Ted - Well deserved win. Sticking together as a team has finally paid off, where it matters most! Super proud of you guys.
Emily and Dekar - Emily is solid as a rock and a dependable bodyguard. Dekar, you are one hell of a crazy loose cannon. Teams was well deserved.
Kas - I couldn't have asked for a better finish. You're the best and I wub you.
Accelerate - You proved yourself on a bigger stage with this tournament. Respect.
Amaterasu - I will always be rooting for you.
Shaya - And you too.
D0N - The silent underused champion of this tournament.
Tibs - The bro I never had. What a madt dog. Even though you didn't win, you had your moment of glory in losers finals. That performance is the stuff of legends.

A special shoutout to my associate staff members, Sam, Shaya, Jei and Redact.

Another special shoutout to the Sydney Melee crew - You guys are the genuine article. I want to play with you guys in NSW a lot more, and I don't mean Smash. Just hanging out. We're mostly old dawgs.

If I miss anyone else, it's OK, I love you too. Like Billy. He's so awesome! Hotdogs as well!

People are asking me if there will be a next time. According to Unreon's read on Korea, gamers peak in their ability at 21 years old. Since I'm 23, I'm on a downhill trend, so I don't think I'll be ****** anymore. So since my smash skills will eventually go down the toilet, I suppose I won't be playing as much as I used to. But rest assured, my days as a TO have really only begun.

I will never. EVER. Forget this tournament. This is one for the history books.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
i want to know about sf4 and sieg related things.. any results for me? i demmand them lol

T_T wish i could have gone, money johns.. probably would have got ***** for being such a bad troll :<

also i believe u dont get bad as u get older.. u just have less free time.. u get bad around that age were your senses start 2 lag/fail

Hotdog

Smash Lord
SF4 wise:

Ryan didn't play.

Sieg got knocked out early.

I got DQ'd cause I took too long getting food looooooooooooooool

Then I had to forfeit teams cause Booker and Nick went somewhere and took too long to get back =/

Fail.

Zero

Smash Hero
Shoutouts!

Sieg - Great finally meeting you! From start to finish I had a great time practically living with you. I'll host Melty tournaments at my planned Hunter Smash series to give you an excuse to visit. <3

Vermy - Thanks so much for showing Sieg and I around the city on Thursday and showing us the absolutely amazing OzAnimeMart and other stores. My trip would have been a lot less enjoyable if you didn't walk us around and show us the basic layout. Bad luck about your pool, but there's always the upcoming Sydney major to unleash your Ivysaur-esque beast. PS. I eventually got the Ciel gasha!~

Shaya - One of my favourite smashers! Haven't seen you in soooo long. I hope the Gilgamesh gashapon served you well during the tournament. I promise you that I'll make my long-overdue return to SydSmash soon.~

LeishaChu - It must have been annoying having me interject into conversations midway and say something awkward, probably made a bad impression of me. Sorry about that!

Meteor Master - Stop beating me in tourney matches! Rawr :( But seriously, you always keep a step ahead of me and make me have to work extra hard to get anywhere. Your Ness is legit. I'm also sorry if we bored you browsing two anime/comic stores on Friday morning. Clean your Sonic hat now! :)

Toby - Thanks for talking to me on Friday night and out of my pseudo depression. Wish you were there too! *sends hundreds of Sophies* OH That reminds me, I have to send you the cutest picture of Sophie that I found. SHe's just a wil' puppie~

X - Sweet job organising pool 5, we were obviously the most efficient pool, and on only one tv! Dual TO powers unite! And on the Smash note, your Fox is daaaaaamn good, you were the only person to take a game off me in the pool. I think it was really unsettling to lose that first game, it gave me the wakeup call I needed, so thanks! :D

Luke Atyeo - I'm almost done studying, so I'll be back to Smash soon! Have no fear!

DJKaion - It was cool finally meeting you. Good luck with your epic training and organisng your PMSmash meets. I hope my advice and experience helps!

People that I really ought to have talked to more, including but not limited to Amaterasu, Jei, Condog, D0N, Apollo, and anyone I didn't meet yet. - I'm sorry I didn't capitalise on the Rocky experience as much as I should. I was so engrossed in watching matches of all sorts, I didn't play too many friendlies or meet too many people. I hope I can travel more and meet and talk to all of you.

Nixernator - Shame you couldn't make it, it was a truly amazing weekend. I'll come visit you soon, okay? :)

CAO - I didn't particularly meet you, but I must express my largest thanks for organising and coordinating such an amazing tournament. It has definitely been the greatest experience in my short Smash career and has definitely renewed my interest with a burning passion that will last a long time. At least until the next in the BAM series :)

Tom/Summoner - Shutup I hate you.

ViVa

Smash Ace
Shoutouts (OMFG this will be long XD)

Cao: Thank you SO much for hosting this tourney man. You did a fantastic job and it was easily the best tourney I've ever been to. :bee:

Corpse: OMG your toon link is amazing man! Super congratulations for winning brawl singles and 2nd in brawl doubles with Ricky ^_^.

Tibs: Congratulations on 2nd in brawl singles. Your matches against Chris were so intense I couldn't watch =D. I love watching your diddy, he is amazing and you kinda inspired me to pick up diddy ;).

Kaion: It was awesome to FINALLY play you and it was epic meeting you. I had a ton of fun in teams, lol @ double mario/samus mirror XD

Jambo: One the main things I wanted to do at Rocky was to play you in Mario dittos :laugh:, Super mega awesome good games man. ;)

Leisha: Its always awesome hanging out with you, I had lotsa fun =D. Your cosplay with Conor was so cute! =P. Oh and nice job placing 7th in teams too, that was epic. ^_^

Condog: RAWR KIRBY!!! >=0, and also epic job in teams and your cosplay was epic =D

J4: "Dude, your not paying attention!" "What?" XD sorry about that XP, it was fun being Gary's fanboy with you. =P

Scott: it was good seeing you again, GGs in those mario dittos. ^^

Nova: It was awesome meeting you and playing you, you play like everyone in the **** game XD

Apollo: Fun games in pools, you've got a really good zamus. =)

Gary: OMG you almost beat Chris!, your so pro <3.

Ricky: You did extremely well in teams with corpse man, I love watching your ness, its sooo good <3. We must play friendlies next time your in Melbourne =D

Luke: Mario vs Luigi was fun, wish I was more awake for it but it was still epic. GGs =)

Bryan: Hi bryan, Bye bryan =(

Don: Fun friendlies man, you know how to play against mario very well. Its cool that you know Famous =)

Tomasaurus: Saw you around briefly, didn't get to hang with you much. Next n2c or stigma we'll have some friendlies =D

Khoa: Its sad that your leaving us man, but oh well. I <3 you and hope see you again one day =)

l3oOkeR

Smash Ace
Shout outs
Well most of you probably dont know me since almost 100% of my time was spent on the Street fighter side of things, But i was the one you where all thinking STFU during kas and Ryans matches yelling

QUEENSLANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Vic/NSW
Cao: man was so awesome seeing you again, but it sucked that you had to focus so much on the TO side of things, wish we could of went exploring and saw Melbourne more. But it was good on a travels to dodgeball anyway. Really hope you can come up for SQUAT like i said if you get board alison and i will take you around to come places and your welcome at mine any time.

Em: lol sorry i gave you so much **** during Ryans and kas matches was nothing personal just trying to pump the boys up. Good job on teams that kinda shut me up a bit... and when you put ryan into losers =(

Ted and Luke: LUKE WHY DIDNT YOU BRING THE LUIGI HAT!!! sigh you and ted would of looked awesome. But anyway it was great seeing both of you again since america and awesome job on both singles and doubles, Havoks super awesome secret training really helped. It would be great if you cna both come up for SQUAT and **** doubles again.

Don: Man nice to meet you hey, still cant believe you can play Blanka with a controller. And you had way more patients then me. I seem to be able to have them during friendlys but when it means something i just go bat **** and everything goes out the window and i feel i need to attack =@. Awesome job on Brawl as well with the DK pwning sweet stuff.

Condog: Nice to meet you mate, we didnt get the IC ditto match but i dont think you would of been impressed anyway. lol i hope your couch was better then mine =p, and thanks for waking me up on time YET YOU DIDNT BOTHER TO PLAY DODGEBALL!!! SIGH I NEED MORE BRAWL TARDS! i hope you get to come up to SQUAT as well would be good to cya again.

Jei: good to say hello again, dont think i said it but i pass on the congrats to you and the missus on the baby hope everything goes well. Although we wont get to see you in QLD anytime soon now =(. Thanks for winning dodgeball for us because of ryans stupid mistake =D.

QUEENSLANDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

Michael: sucks that we all sucked at SF4 when it counted, but we will just have to play harder and pwn at Santasmash, sucks we didnt get to go Anime store shopping but i just ran out of time. Cya in liek a week probs

Chris: WHAT HAPPENED!!!!!!!! YOU WHERE MENT TO BE OUR TANK! THE BETS WHERE HIGH FOR YOU TO WIN! I TALKED YOU UP FOR NOTHING!!!! lol nah good to see you again i havnt in awhile, your still the best brawl player in my eyes. I know it must be hard trying to become Dr Mario IRL and Pro at smash. We will get our revenge at SQUAT.

Gords: Your a QLDer now i want to hear you shouting harder and harder QUEENSLANDA! Sorry for thinking you had pase during dodge ball lol, ill never ask again for you to be the runner =p.

Hotdogs: How did you find the sun in melbourne? i guess you wouldnt of really noticed because you had them new sunglass..... OH THATS RIGHT YOU LOST THEM! Then me and ryan had to listen to you goign through 1000000 Emotions during the flight trip =p Nah your awesome mate need to train some more SF with you and ricky but.

Nick: stop being so ****ing tired GAWD lol you know i love you mate and now that your mum gave you $200 we can find you a second hand PS3 and you can get better at SF4 YEAYUZ!

Kas: <3<3<3<3<3<3 Thanks for backing up everything i was saying about you and TOTALY ****** EVERYONE AT MELEE! Smashing people with Link, Mewtwo, god **** every character on the lsit. awesome just hanging out with you as well, such a funny ****, your welcome over anytime. tahnks for buying me lunch 2. BS Boobs easier to get then ****

Ryan: Man ****ing my side hurt more then yours after a weekend with you. all round the awesome guy evers except your standards are way to high. how am i ment to go girl hunting when you turn down all thats on offer GAWDS! Also your lucky yoru good at smash coz your chun is so badddddddddddd =p. Anyway catch up soon and im traveling with you everywhere from now on (Blake to). And invite us along next time you and blake do go out drinking, ill down some sprites with you if you want =D

Alright im done, thanks to everyone and especially cao for making a tournament that was a billion times better run and fun then Genesis.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
^ I will try and make it to SQUAT to hang out with you and Alison <3

Smash will only be a side thing for me if I do go; I need to have real breaks you know!

Splice

Smash Hero
Poor D0N. Thats happened to me once too.

Hmm... Shoutouts...

I'm going to go in a rough Alphabetical order to help remember people.

Afropony: I hate playing you. It's not even fun, everything that works against everyone else you already know :( lol, thanks for letting me stay over and for knowing how the Public Transport system works, and pretty much planning what I would do. Also, you are really good at Melee for some reason we did really good in doubles, nice!

Amaterasu: I call you Amaterasu and not Chris because I enjoy saying it, Okay? Pity you weren't playing well 1st day but I reckon you came back second day yeah, when it all mattered as far as brawl goes. I would've liked to see how well you did with Pikachu only, I'm pretty sure he's part of the underused bonus? Anyway, totally should team with me and not Shaya next time you come down, GaW is the best teams partner :p

Apollo: Dude, I didn't get to play Zero, but if you think his ZSS is better than yours... ****! You were really tough to beat! GG's. Your a really nice guy, Im glad you came down!

Atlas: Sorry man i really didn't feel like Pancakes. Next time I place at Stigma, I'll pay you back man I owe you one for that $5. Really shouldn't count on MM's to buy me food ever again...

Condog: You made it through pools man, Which means you did better than Apollo, Which means you own, and that's pretty apparent in our matches nowadays. GG's (we meet up in the brackets too much)

Corpse: I thought you'd be pretty good, like 13th - 9th. But 1st? ****! Congratulations! I personally think there were some players who placed under 9th that would've given you trouble, but i mean MU experience whatever, you beat Tibs, what a pro! Our MM was tight, Was hoping to learn the correct CP's that suit me so I could beat you somewhere along the line. Apparently I suck too much for that scenario to happen, and got sent to the Losers really quickly :/. I enjoyed our conversation on the first day, I would like to add your MSN?

D0N: Were you really sandbagging :( I shouldve MM'd you for some GG's :p Good Job winning the underused bonus, you deserve it, you're a really cool dude and a great player, your match against Tibs impressed me. Connor is your fanboy btw, if you didnt notice :p

Dekar: Yeah got some medals for VIC with Em! Good job both of you! Good work in Melee Singles (And Brawl singles too), I was cheering for you in your set Vs Accelerate, it was really exciting!

Earl: Nice work in Singles! Ripped it up! Pity about crews and homework lol, that must have sucked. Sorry I didn't talk to you more, but yeah, your performance was impressive.

Gary: We actually did well in Doubles, we could've done better, but you were on you game most of the time at least. We'll still team if you want, But i'd like to team with Tanman once if that's ok? You always place 9th. And that's always been not high enough for you, but now that it's Rocky I reckon it's TOO HIGH. That's a GaW number god**** it, gtfo. lol, gratz ;)

Haydino: Gratz, you placed quite nicely, But if you won another match all the GaWs (from VIC, at least)would've been 13th. Unlucky, that none of us could rep him for Shayas list :( GG's, GaW dittos are starting to get mildly enjoyable now that we are at high enough skill level to not just Bair, Bair, and then spam Dsmash at 60%.

Hotdogs: Duuuuude, too many MM's man, hope it didn't hit your wallet too hard. GG's nice work with the DownB it's actually useful in the GaW MU. Watching your pools match vs Haydino, he started baiting it though lol. Our match on FD was tooooo close! Tight games.

JoeyJoeyJoeJoe: LOL. Can anything else be said? Made my day on Sunday, We went spaz together, mainly me XD. Pity that like, Nicks is the only person who can tell that you aren't 22, and can vaguely tell the difference between you and Toshi lol. Good Times, Good Times. Also, I'm sorry if i broke your neck and/or spine.

Jack and Jei and X and IceK and Paladin : Mmm Yummy Foodz. Thanks for inviting me to come along ^_^ I have never had KFC before in my life lol. Was very filling, chatting was entertaining.

Khoa: I'll miss you :( You are the best so chibi ^_^ I can't believe you got me a Kirby. I was speechless =O I'll love it for ever and ever. Please come back next year, good luck with Uni. <3 <3 <3

Leisha: Aww yeah Judgement KO! Niccceeeee!!! I got my first judgement KO at this tourney too, pity I was already 2 stocks behind in that match lol. You and Connor have just become awesome as a team and deserved that placement. I will try to give you advice for GaW, It's getting pretty good though and I think you'll be teaching me soon lawlz xD I think I can help you with Snake but, uh, How do you Judgement 3 --> 9 ? That's like, 3, and then squaring it? That's uber pro technical maths right thar!

Luke: Nice placing you got there. Why'd I do so badly :( GG's man, your so awesome, I should chill with you more. GRATZ ON DOUBLES, yeahyuzz, get that medal. God****, I have nothing more to type? 'Sif, I really should've talked to you more. :)

Meteor: Cute Sonic hat, I love the way your wii is set up (with the menu hacks and awesome Sonic music) can't wait to play on it when you finish it. Good Work in Singles!

Nix: Duuuuuuuuuuude, Where you at?

Nicks: Man you hold up really well in doubles! Bad luck with pools, you would've made it through if you didn't have to Vs a Snake and the Winner of the whole thing. I hope you keep playing next year.

Scabe: Woo photoshoot ^_^ Man you did really well in that match Vs Afro, IMO you should've made it out of pools and won the underused bonus, your Link really is godly. Poor jiggs though, so bad without wifi to back her up :(. Awesome to meet you in person, I like the toon link hat haha.

SD: All the awesome people placed 13th, yeah? That Lucas Tech Skill was amazing, lol, and Diddy Kong was good when you decided to use the bananas haha. Wish we had you in VIC, you're hilarious, should've chilled with you more. I guess every state has It's awesome person though ;)

Shaya: Looks like the money skipped right over your head in the results. At least Chris carried you in doubles ey? ;) lol @ "Aforpony" xP

Swordsaint: Hah, your shield just couldn't handle the awesome that was our matches. If Tedeth cheered you on anymore than he did, you may just have had that match on FD. Where the hell was Dekar for me? GG's man, we both didn't place as well as we would've liked, ah well, It's just the International End of Year tournament, we can both go back to owning it up at our respective monthlies now.

Tedeth: I'm working you out more and more. If you noticed, I wasn't terrible this time? I was playing well! Still learning about your spacing, I think I learnt your wolf in my last stock (And no, I'm not talking about my 9. It was awesome though right?) Shouldn't have CP'd Rainbow Ride. I don't know that stage at all, a bit of the "Everyone always bans it" Syndrome. I hope you enjoyed our games this time, I know they were horrid last time >.< Soon you'll be the one trying to put up a fight for me, just you wait :p

Tibs!: Your matches with Amaterasu were the highlight of my day. I lost my voice, alienated everyone around me and probably broke J4's neck cheering for you xD Your so good though man, IMO the best in Aus when you decide to study up coz as far as i can tell you are naturally pro. It's true though, watching your set against Corpse, at some points, it was just... frustrating lol. I thought you had him on Lylat, I was sure that when you won one match, you'd be unstoppable. So close, and yet so far. Honestly though, be proud. A lot of us are as proud of you as Perth is proud of Corpse, It's just we wasted all our compliments and congratz at the tournament haha. 2G. :)

Toshiba: Joeys my brother now, I'm sorry. Your Snake is really good are you sure you just picked him up? It's nuts! I should've played your Diddy you probably would've been in good form and owned me. Afro was right there are too many Opal stores on that street LOL. GG's.

Zero: You were great in dodgeball as far as catching the ball goes, bad luck pretty much everyone aimed at you. You are the only person I didn't tick off my "At least one match/friendly" list :(

I r pro at dodgeball. As long as I don't have to throw the ball. At all. Ever. Don't make me do that. It's way to technical for me. Running away and hiding behind people is fun though.

Best for last ~
CAO: wubs wubs wubs, best TO ever, such an amazing experience, I had a great time. Even though we couldn't do crews, I still think it could've been much better than it was. Hell, by seeing the projector I was won over, I didn't even need to play to have fun seriously, the atmosphere made it. <3, too much <3.
CAN YOU HANDLE ALL THE WUBS IM PRETTY SURE EVERYONE HAS SOME WUBS FOR YOU TO RECEIVE ATM.

:):):)

... ... That took 2 hours. I need to learn to type. Also I think this post was so massive that like it's probably spam at this point :/

Amaterasu

Smash Ace
Chris' Shoutouts:

Overall I wish I could have come down earlier and not rushed getting there and back, because while i was there, the atmosphere and the number of players was just mindblowing. The level of skill was also impressive, I've never been pushed so hard in brawl before, and I felt it brought out the best in everyone =)

Cao: Without your TO skills, this tournament would not have been the same. The greatest thing about you organising things is that I always know that a great smooth tourney will be run. Your constant updating on the progress of the tourney was also impressive seeing how many other things you had to juggle! Congratz on melee, me and Bryan were busy goggling your Peach's ****, pretty inspiring stuff!

Tibor: The matches against you are always close, doesn't matter what game, stage or anything. However, I think you really do deserve the title of comeback king haha, your game under pressure is something that I really admire. And the amount passion in which you play smash is something which I find refreshing in the smash scene, so yeah, congrats also on placing well even though I know you were a bit dissapointed. Good luck for your next tourney =)

Corpsecreate: I didn't really get much time speaking to you, but I guess actions speak louder than words hehe. It was actually quite a joy to lose to your TL, your character and play style were new to me and were some of the most impressive things that I saw in Rocky, Well done on first place, next time we play I'll try to make it more challenging for you (>^^)>

Ledge: I think the game I had with you (set 3) was pretty much the most stressful game of the day for me. I am still amazed at your ability to **** me so hard lol, I think the match really could have gone either way, so I'll be looking forward to our next encounter!

Don: it was really really cool meeting you. I really loved your relaxed nature and your open views on smash. Your DK was really really scary...I think I'll have nightmares about DK's punch for a long time. So much **** with DK, in my mind DK isn't low tier at all anything, and that's testiment to your skill, hope to see you again some time!

Shaya: Intense games Shaya. I feel as though you know absolutely everything that I will do and how to counter me completely. The slightest mistake I make is punished brutally by you, and I feel as though it really does force me to play better so I have to thank you for that. The last match the second time we played could have gone either way I know, and i look forward to next time we meet. Btw, thanks for teaming with me =)

Bryan: Your peach is good, people may trashtalk it a lot but the stuff I saw from you really impressed me, you have come so far in terms of a smasher, hehe although I have fond memories of playing smash with you all those years ago(Like 9 years or so going now?)

Tedeth: Intense matches, your wolf and wario are really top quality stuff, I really felt that you had to potential to take me down. Tough luck on the stage killing you, it's a really gay stage =/ Anyway, we need to play more friendlies!

Dekar: Rest heaven, you and Em are an insane team. The way in which you were dominating in teams was inspiring.

Blackshadow: Your fox and ganon are broken. Hope to play again some day!

Unreon: looking forward to the good news later this year. You are a amazing achiever both in smash and outside, so all the best!

Sydney Melee Guys: We gotta play next time we meet, a few matches in teams wasn't enough! Some of the stuff I saw from you guys on the big screen was pretty ****, shows me how strong the melee scene still is in Sydney =D

QLD Guys: Thanks for the support guys, the encouragement that you gave really shows the amiable nature of queensland smash and the enthusiasm shown constantly(in the face of me being 200% serious all the time) is something which I truly enjoy. Props to Kas and Ryan for placing so well, for Seig for the hype and Hotdogs + others for the support

Other Guys: Thanks to everyone else who supported me in Rocky. While I never really view myself anywhere near the compliments that you give me, I feel honoured and feel indebted to push myself more and more. So thanks to everyone, the support from the smash scene is something really important to me and enables me to keep improving each time, so hope to see you guys again soon!

.......I'm at uni, and the guys in the (transparent) projector room are playing smash lol. Ike vs olimar, vs mario vs ganon, omg HYPE. MARIO GOT THE SMASH BALL, **** o.O, I want in!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oh, about Dodgeball, I love Sydney's perspective of how it was played. The Brawl players were rather defensive and campy and the Melee players were extremely aggressive and fast.

King Splice (Brawl): Hides behind his minions and never dares to pick up the ball. Always stays at the back of the line.
King Accelerate (Melee): Overexposed himself and threw as many balls as possible at the front line. He got owned this way by having the Brawl people catch his throws on the full. Really smart King... >_>

Toby.

Smash Master
Toby - Thanks for talking to me on Friday night and out of my pseudo depression. Wish you were there too! *sends hundreds of Sophies* OH That reminds me, I have to send you the cutest picture of Sophie that I found. SHe's just a wil' puppie~
Gosh, this just made my night!

wub wub wub

lol @ people in the other thread saying "so-and-so would have won if they came".
If they don't represent, no one cares how good they might be. No johns. :)
atticus, if you were talking about me...lol. I joking matey.

Zero

Smash Hero
Oh, about Dodgeball, I love Sydney's perspective of how it was played. The Brawl players were rather defensive and campy and the Melee players were extremely aggressive and fast.

King Splice (Brawl): Hides behind his minions and never dares to pick up the ball. Always stays at the back of the line.
King Accelerate (Melee): Overexposed himself and threw as many balls as possible at the front line. He got owned this way by having the Brawl people catch his throws on the full. Really smart King... >_>
I like to see it as staying back and playing it safe and smart in the face of overwhelming adversity. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
I noticed that too. We probably could have won the first match if I planked, but I went aggresive and SD'd due to lack of tech skill when it comes to throwing the ball.

I also love how we won the last game. Jei stood still and just didn't move, he was sorta confused as to why he was on the brawl side. He just catches a ball with no effort, turns out to be Accelerates. Brawl is a game about punishing, and Accelerate was too predictable for Jei (although Jei didn't seem to see it coming at all, it seriously looked like he caught it by accident)
And then Sieg chased me. And then Atlas spiked him. And then everyone attacked Atlas. And everything went lolwut.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
The one video I took at the game of dodgeball :] Shoudla taken more but got busy chasing after the balls. ;x

WARNING: PROFANITIES.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9tYk8tFg8ec&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9tYk8tFg8ec&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tYk8tFg8ec

Photos will start coming soon I promise! >< I'll eventually have everything in the first post, so y'all don't have to keep hunting for all the links. <3

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Oh yes, the group bashing of Wayne. No blood next time, please! We are a Smash community, not a private high-school bully club!

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
i didnt go to this but just listening to what everyone said about it and seeing that video makes me really appreciate the effort cao has gone to. You have mad social skills man, and it's so amazing seeing the community come together like this, and you've worked bloody hard to make sure people have fun in ways that doesnt involve simply playing smash. good job man.

Myst Walker

Smash Apprentice
I wub everyoneeeee
k shoutouts done.

Haha, I'll come back to this once my exams are over. Maybe. I like, never do this =x

Was an awesome event, big props to everyone in the community for making it what it was. This is now the benchmark for awesome in Australia! I hope everyone had wicked fun and enjoyed themselves.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
VIC
Melee

CAOTIC: The man. No one can do it like you do.

Dekar: My throat still hurts from all the screaming during yours and Em's doubles finals. Like 6 rests in one match I will never get tired from watching your matches.

Emily: Even though you don't think so yourself, I always learn something every time I vs your Sheik and whether you agree with it or not I will always look to you for improving my Sheik lol.

Tak: I love our team even if we still need alot of work. You always carry.

Redact: Cao tells me to run our Melee pool and you just take over lol. Good job, I don't think I will ever be able to beat your Falco with Yoshi.

Brawl

Dekar: Highest ranked Melbourne Brawl team lol. Unbelievable chemistry and the fact that our team can compete like we do with zero practice. Sif I finally beat your Game & Watch with Pit but lose to your Marth.

Tibs: I voted you to win Brawl but I really had no idea that Corpse was that good. Congrats on beating Chris though that was awesome. Your actions after winning an important match always make me happyface.

Condog: I vote for you to make top 5 next STIGMA lol. So pro in the last couple of days.

Ugly: Omfg....only person to win a round against me in pools and you do it with a waft.

Joey: Dekar and I got lucky against you and Toshi in doubles. You were easily the better team but Dekar has this ability to make the impossible happen. GGs in pools.

Lycan: Definately try to make it to STIGMA you're very "legit" as the new term for "good smasher" seems to be.

Splice/Afropony/Khoa/Ledge/Vermy and the rest of the Melbourne Brawl squad: I love you guys so very much...yes, in a gay way aswell.

QLD
Melee

Accelerate: Probs my favourite QLD smasher. Always a pleasure. GJ in doubles lol I'll be sure to come down to QLD as soon as time allows me. Sorry for like...making your entire team lose in dodgeball even though we were severely losing..lol.

Kas: How are you so calm while playing Melee? When I play my blood is pumping, my face is twitching and I don't blink but you just sit there with your legs crossed and a cbf expression and your level of play is far beyond mine. Congrats anyway I don't think I said it in person.

Chris: That's really bad luck that you were DQ'd from the bracket. I feel for you.

Brawl

13ooker: Only putting you under this category because you were on the Brawl side of dodgeball. Thanks for the congrats, you always seem like a happy guy which is great. Be cool to hang out some more in the future.

Chris: Lucky I didn't put any money down for your team in Brawl doubles lol. I really thought you guys had that. Mine and Dekar's team tactics will never work on you, you're too familiar with it. 3rd in singles is still excellent, just looks like the new wave of brawlers got game yo.
Always good to see you btw.

Kaion: Awesome that you came down, never got to vs you this time (your Samus dair scares me) but hopefully I can come to QLD soon.

NSW
Melee

Comboturtle: You're just plain awesome. When did you improve so much with Marth god dayum. Best friendlies I've had in a long time. Get ***** Jei.

S.D: Cao was telling me that you were good but you impressed me about the same level Corpse impressed me in Brawl. Amazing Melee skills.

Jaz: Usually just a "sup Jaz" "Hey Jei" with me and you but good to have some actual conversation with you this time lol. I love watching your Falcon, so fast. Never really vsed you though.

Brawl

Shaya: Too good for me. Also you run tournaments way more professional-like than I do. Teach me kthnx.

Tedeth: Congrats in doubles, I never mind getting kicked out of tournaments by the people that come first place. Makes it less painful. I wanted to watch you vs Corpse, would of been interesting.

Luke: Not one friendly :( Also congrats to you for doubles. You really stepped up your game this tourney. Good stuff.

Meteor: I like watching your Brawl doubles matches just as much as watching Dekar in Melee doubles with Jiggs. Always play for the fans lol.

MISC
Melee

Vash: You say you don't know how to CP Yoshi then choose Falco...I think you know exactly how to CP Yoshi lol. Bad luck in the last match though, me coming back from being 3 stock behind can only be a result by you SDing more than once.

Monkeybear: Too good, actually I would say you're about the same skill level as Vash but you didn't make any mistakes. Thanks for the Yoshi praise I guess lol. Not really used to it because everyone in Aus knows the difference between me and Bringer.

Ricardo: You have a good Sheik, I really enjoyed our doubles matches, possibly see you one more time before you head home hopefully.

Brawl

D0N: Basically everyone was telling me that I would lose to you so I studied the DK match-up hard. Easily out placed me in the bracket though regardless of pools results so good job. Friendlies were fun, you have one of the best Fox's I've ever played (2nd to a Fox main in Japan) and best Sonic so far.

Corpsecreate: I think that's how you spell it lol. Man I actually know the Tink match-up so I would of had absolutely no johns but my timing was so bad when I asked you for a friendly. I'm planning on coming to the Perth major so maybe then. Congratulations on beating Tibs twice and winning Rocky, your skill level isn't Australian...

Scabe: I don't know where you were from but you are just adorable lol. Can I keep you?
For real though your Link is incredible.

Nova/Apollo/Mic/anyone else I forgot that is not from Melbourne: I'm still yet to vs you. Thanks for coming, sorry I forgot you, so many people.

I was really hyped for crews, the most anticipated event didn't even happen. That being said, Rocky was a still a huge success and CAO is a God among nerds like us.
Congratulations to all the winners.

Top Bottom