• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay #4 - Feb 12th - 14th 2010

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
AllIsBrawl Post http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=7727
Most up to date into will be on AiB

Venue: SEATTLE CENTER - Details on rooms in a few days.
^^^^^ UPDATED 1/14/2010

Pre-Emptive VDay John: The Anti-John
This event is Feb 12th, 13th & 14th at The Canal. 15th is Pres Day, so no school = good travel day and no School Johns.
Explain to your GF/BF that you have to go out of town for this and bring them with you!!!
I will have to explain to my GF (hell maybe wife by then) that I have to hang out with you all for V-Day... I PROMISE V-Day is more important to her then it is to whatever short term GF/BF you may have... You are frigging 16-20 years old... you will prob dump who ever you are with a week later anyway...so save the V-Day Money and spend it coming to the best Tournement Series in the US!!
Save MONEY NOW and "DTB"
Pre-Emptive VDay John: The Anti-John

The Games:
Brawl, Melee, SSB1, Halo3 and MW2
Unofficial Side Events: Blawl+, SSB-VC
*Unofficial means you pay the Venue fee to TP and then report to those games and pay whatever they are asking to pay for the event. TP4 events come first, you will be DQ'd if stalling TP4 due to side event games.

Schedule:
Friday Feb 12th - Pre-TP4 Party @ GameClucks
Saturday Feb 13th - Brawl Qualifiers, 1v1 Pro and 2v2, Halo3 4v4
Sunday Feb 14th - Melee 1v1 and 2v2, SB64 1v1, MW2 Xbox 4v4
Monday Feb 15th - Pres Day, No School. Go Home!

Entry Fees: (Updated 12/28/09)
Pre-Registration - Must pay by Feb 10th 2010
Brawl & Melee Events:
*Venue Fee: $15
*Brawl 1v1: $20 *Brawl 2v2: $15 per Person
*Melee 1v1: $20 *Melee 2v2: $15 per Person
*Pre-TP4 Party/SmashFest @ GC: $5
Halo3 4v4 Event:
*Venue + Entry: $80 per Team ($20 per Person)
*This is for Saturday ONLY attendance
Modern Warfare 2 4v4 Event:
*Venue + Entry: $60 per Team ($15 per Person)
*This is for Sunday ONLY attendance

Pre-Registration saves you $5 Venue Fee, $5 per 1v1 Event, $5 on Pre-TP4 Party/SmashFest... If you are Halo3 or MW2, it saves you $5 per Person. (this savings is already reflected in the prices above)

Late Registration - Any entry on Feb 11th 2010 or later
Brawl & Melee Events:
*Venue Fee: $20
*Brawl 1v1: $25 *Brawl 2v2: $15 per Person
*Melee 1v1: $25 *Melee 2v2: $15 per Person
*Pre-TP4 Party/SmashFest @ GC: $10
Halo3 4v4 Event:
*Venue + Entry: $100 per Team ($25 per Person)
*This is for Saturday ONLY attendance
Modern Warfare 2 4v4 Event:
*Venue + Entry: $80 per Team ($20 per Person)
*This is for Sunday ONLY attendance

NO Pre-Registration Needed:
SSB1 Event:
*Venue Fee: $7 (this is for Sunday ONLY attendance)
*SSB1 1v1: $8
*If in Melee or Brawl events, then only pay the Entry Fee portion

Prizes:
Guaranteed Prizes: Brawl 1v1 $600, Melee 1v1 $400. Other prizes will be the %ages of total entries as posted below.
If 40% is higher then guarantee, then I will pay the 40% instead.
Assumes 75+ Entries in Brawl, else no 5th/6th paid.
Brawl 1v1 - 40%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%, 5%
Assumes 25+ teams, else no 4th paid.
Brawl 2v2 - 50%, 25%, 15%, 10%
Assumes 60+ Entries in Melee, else no 5th/6th paid.
Melee 1v1 - 40%, 25%, 15%, 10%, 5%, 5%
Assumes 20+ teams, else no 4th paid.
Melee 2v2 - 50%, 25%, 15%, 10%
SSB1 - 50%, 30%, 15%, 5%
Halo3 - 40%, 25%, 15% (only 80% paid due to Venue Fee)
MW2 - 40%, 25%, 15% (only 80% paid due to Venue Fee)

Expected Big Names:
Halo3/MW2 - Neighbor, Hysteria, SK, Team Foxy, Lokiii, ArtOfWar, TetraSh0t, Shyre, TVA
Brawl - Jem, Tyrant, DSF, Ally, M2K, Larry, mikeHAZE, Havok
Melee - Eggz, M2K, MacD, Kira, Silent Wolf, Replicate
SSB - Isai, SuPeRboOm, M3tr01D, Kefit
TONS MORE...

Updated: 12/28/09
Adjusted Entry Fee's so that Pre-Reg could save you about $20.
Friday Smash fest is now more of a Party, entry upped to $5 Pre-Reg, $10 Late Reg (dang cheap party) (details on party coming soon).

Updated: 1/17/10
Lowered Halo3 and MW2 entries a little to make sure we get max attendance.

Eggz

Smash Hero
If we use the same venue again, we had room for well over another hundred last time, and thats including all the games that were being run that weekend (Halo/SF4/MVC2/SSBM/B).

Everyone should definitely come.
Currently we have the entire northwest, Ally and Mew2King attending for certain.
I'll get a hype ad made as soon as I get like 10 more commitments.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
how many setups were there at TP3?

if i hear good things about how the last one was ran, and the tickets are as cheap as they were last time, i'm a definite

ThePrime

Smash Lord
GC guy, UW can bring two setups guaranteed. We didn't think to bring any to the last TP.

IF ANYBODY NEEDS HOUSING PLZ PM ME!

Eggz

Smash Hero
UW/me/grim didnt even bring any setups, and we had around 20 setups i think

next one will have many more setups (im gonna buy some tvs off craigslist)
and many more players

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Set Ups - We only had like 20 total at TP3, but as has been said above ppl didnt bring some. Once it was obvious we were only going to get like 80 ppl... I stopped pushing for set ups....we could have EASILY had 30 if needed.

Currently I am working on some things Halo related that could bring a lot of money into the LAN Center...which would allow for me to own more set ups also.

GC's inventory right now today is 10 TVs, 2 Wiis, 1 GameCube (use to have 2)....so I have 1/2 to 1/3 of the TVs need on my own. With WA bringing their TVs, we could get to 25-30just in WA alone... then we just need Wiis and GCs to fill my TVs.

As far as "hear good things"... while I know I am bias... if you hear anything "bad" its prob something small and *****ish... As for who I am and what I have done... 2-3 tournaments per month for 4 years. I run the Brawl event at Sakura-Con (2008 and 2009 and will do all console in 2010...attendies 230++) in Seattle, may well run PAX's console events in 2010 (waiting to hear back definitively) and have helped or run with some other 100+ events.
I know what I am doing and I can almost guarantee you will not find an event that runs any smoother or more on time then mine.
All that AND we run more events then anyone (Brawl 1s and 2s, Melee 1s and 2s, Halo3 4v4, SFIV and SB64 this last time... next time all those except SFIV maybe a diff game)...still doing it on time.

Sounds cocky and concieted? YEP.. I am :) LOL

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
Okay. I might come and watch, just to see pros and all that. I suck way too much to even attempt a shot at a tournament.

Kira-

Smash Champion
GC guy do you want to fly me in from socal like you did for M2k and others? what criteria is there for me to be eligible

TP3 was **** btw, you guys dont even know

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
THIS EVENT IS 100% CONFIRMED.
Entry Fee's will change some as total costs of venue come in and prize's are set.
Prizes will adjust based on entry fee's, attendance and sponsors.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
if no one but the people who went tot he tournament knows how good it was then why would anyone new want to go to this one

Top Bottom