• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TourneyPlay #4 - Feb 12th - 14th 2010

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Benefits of Pre-reg:
$5 less Venue Fee
Entry into GC Smash Fest on Dec 12th for Free (its $5 if you dont pre-reg)

I am working on food options, which will likely have discounts for those that pre-Reg also, but I dont have food set up yet...so dont use that as the reason.

Discounts for Set Ups:
Still working on this... right now with TP, honetly, I am at a point where I lose money as it is...so to discount further shafts me more... So I would like to just be able to count on WA/OR/ID to bring set ups anyway... If you are driving from OR or EaWa/ID then just bring Wii and GCs, if you are in WeWa then TV/Wii/GC is desirable.
I will rework the numbers again... but not sure its in t he budget to do it.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
thats cute but its not true, anyways I would expect somebody of your stature to go the high road and STFU lol.

get at me, I wanna smash

thespymachine

Smash Ace
Discounts for Set Ups:
Still working on this... right now with TP, honetly, I am at a point where I lose money as it is...so to discount further shafts me more... So I would like to just be able to count on WA/OR/ID to bring set ups anyway... If you are driving from OR or EaWa/ID then just bring Wii and GCs, if you are in WeWa then TV/Wii/GC is desirable.
I will rework the numbers again... but not sure its in t he budget to do it.
Okay. I'm bring my stuff nonetheless.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Cake (and others)
When TP actually makes money I will find ways to return the equipment favour... whether its some sort of GC event or discounts to other TPs or whatever...

Vinnie

Smash Master
Valdens told me the crazy idea of going to this...

O_O it might actually happen. Just an idea though.

Gotta ask mom / my usual carpool and stuff.

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
The concept of putting a tournament of this scale on valentine's day completely eludes me... Or am I the only gamer with a girlfriend?

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
Me sorry Vinnie. I know your pain. I want to go soooooooooooooo bad, but I have a girly-person so I can't.... Bitter bitter bitter, IMAD

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Pre-Emptive VDay John: The Anti-John
This event is Feb 12th (Free at GC), 13th & 14th at The Canal. 15th is Pres Day, so no school = good travel day and no School Johns.
Explain to your GF/BF that you have to go out of town for this and bring them with you!!!
I will have to explain to my GF (hell maybe wife by then) that I have to hang out with you all for V-Day... I PROMISE V-Day is more important to her then it is to whatever short term GF/BF you may have... You are frigging 16-20 years old... you will prob dump who ever you are with a week later anyway...so save the V-Day Money and spend it coming to the best Tournement Series in the US!!
Save MONEY NOW and "DTB"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its on VDay weekend because:
1 - Most gamers that have GFs dont really have GFs... or you are 16, 17, etc and what you think its a GF is someone you will dump or get dumped by +/- 4 weeks from now anyway...
2 - The BIGGEST REASON, its a 3 day weekend for School ... so true OOSers can make it to this w/o being rushed to try and leave on Sunday night....

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I would dump any GF that actually seriously cared about such a stupid Hallmark Holiday as Valentine's Day. They should do it they way they do it in Japan, where on Valentine's Day, the girls are supposed to send guys gifts etc., and a month later on March 14th, "White Day," the guys send a response to the girls. In South Korea, they even have "Black Day" a month later on April 14 for single people.

Oh yeah and I'm almost certain I'm coming to this.

HugS™

Smash Lord
This event is Feb 12th (Free at GC), 13th & 14th at The Canal. 15th is Pres Day, so no school = good travel day and no School Johns.
Explain to your GF/BF that you have to go out of town for this and bring them with you!!!
I will have to explain to my GF (hell maybe wife by then) that I have to hang out with you all for V-Day... I PROMISE V-Day is more important to her then it is to whatever short term GF/BF you may have... You are frigging 16-20 years old... you will prob dump who ever you are with a week later anyway...so save the V-Day Money and spend it coming to the best Tournement Series in the US!!
Save MONEY NOW and "DTB"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Its on VDay weekend because:
1 - Most gamers that have GFs dont really have GFs... or you are 16, 17, etc and what you think its a GF is someone you will dump or get dumped by +/- 4 weeks from now anyway...
2 - The BIGGEST REASON, its a 3 day weekend for School ... so true OOSers can make it to this w/o being rushed to try and leave on Sunday night....
I'm seriously considering attending after reading this. LoL. So true.

My attendance just depends on how I feel after pound.

@ gc guy

Is the venue in that one building down that path with all the trees and flowers before the canal? If so, good choice, although the seattle venue was pretty convenient. What was the problem with using that one again?

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Not down a path... its right at the front sort of...

ANYWAY... I wanted to do something diff this time and its a NICE place... HOWEVER, they are not answering some KEY questions for me, like internet hook up...which they had told me was there, but now have avoided answering that question in my last 4 emails to them....

AND Seattle Center is coming back at me with a better deal...

SO while I do not want to have a venue change, if it saves me a couple hundred, I will do it as I really need to cut costs...

Nothing in and of itself wrong with Seattle Center, but The Canal has a TON of free parking, Seattle Center doesnt...
That was one of the largest factors in deciding.... But again, if Seattle Center comes back at me with a sweet deal and The Canal does not answer my internet question in the next few days, we may go back to Seattle Center...

DO NOT READ THIS AND USE IT AS AN EXCUSE TO NOT COME... I know some ppl freak out if there isnt a venue locked down and paid for 5 years in advance...
I AM A COMPANY, not a sketchy kid... Business costs matter. This event IS HAPPENING.

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
BTW summer time at Seattle Center WOULD ROCK, as the amusement park is open then... so I really want a spring/summer Seattle Center one...

you should get the seattle center venue, it would be so much easier because there are 2 relatively large smash houses in seattle, plus i would be able to house a few people and get them to the venue from my house without a car as well. if its in ballard it would be hard to pull off a tournament larger than that of the previous tps considering we only have a few people for transportation.

plus seattle central is much more convenient for those who may want to check out some of seattle

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I hear ya.. it was a business decision though based on initial costs... the Canal gave a pretty sweet deal + free parking... However like I said... that sweet deal is now not looking as good because of their internet avoidance ...

I have emailed Seattle Center to see what they have available and what they will do for us... they were pretty upset and willing to cut me a deal then I canceled the "hold" I had on space there for TP4... so we will see.

ALSO the Locks are a pretty cool thing for those who havent seen them... Ballard has one of like 3 working locks in the western hemisphere or something... so its not something most ppl have seen...

Ive been to the locks recently and i think its safe to say that in terms of tourist attractions, the space needle/seattle in general has it beat lol.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Ppl will prob carpool and can split parking. Its shouldnt be that big of a deal to have a safe convenient spot to park for a couple bucks a person.

Not to mention there is some parking around the area.

And if it is a problem, two houses in seattle and easy bussing in which parking isnt needed. They also run pretty late on saturday back to the U district.

Plus the venue was good in the first place-but thanks for thinkin of us Gc guy :)

GameClucks

Smash Journeyman
Get EC to come to this... many of you went to P4.. now they need to come to TP4.

East Coast flights are not that expensive right now..

Newark
Continental Airlines - $258 (Down about $40 from last update!!!)

New York - JFK and LGA
Continental Airlines - $238 (Down about $50 from last update!!!)
Detla, Alaska and AirTran - $288

Orlando
United Airlines - $238

Miami
Delta Airlines - $236 (Down $12 from last update!)

Boston
AirTran Airlines - $364

Baltimore
Continental Airlines - $258

Top Bottom