• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

QUIVO

Smash Master
So I'm thinking of maybe holding Melee/Brawl/MvC3/any game you want to bring over smashfests this fall.

I'm living in a huge duplex with ample room on E. 16th. Like, 3 stories and a basement ample. Just make sure to respect the house! It's completely remodeled and I don't want this place to get destroyed!

Anyone interested?

Right now I'm not entirely sure what my schedule looks like. I'll be going back to school and I think the only days I have classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm also getting a new job at a Japanese restaurant which will be giving me approximately 25-30 hrs a week. I told them my schedule is pretty much open, but I'd like to possibly have a set date for you guys. Just tell me what days would be good?

I don't want Cbus smash to die! Also, these will probably be biweekly. We can even hold mini 1 dollar (or pride) tournaments!

Oh and for those of us 21+... there's 4th street bar and grill right down the street from me. I think on Tuesdays they have half off on all drinks

Get at me! !

P.s. depending on how large these get, I may have to ask my roommates. I'm living with the same roommate as the one on 17th ave, but his gf is living with us this time.

A

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap, Q, way to be proactive. I'm interested in this. A lot. This quarter's been crazy to me, but Fridays should be good for me.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Maybe I'll make this a biweekly thing if Z is only free on Fridays.

I'll wait to see if anyone else posts

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
fridayyyyyy

we should be able to try to have consistently
-q
-az
-kicks
-enrish
-sneakytaco
-keist
-z
-and whatever happened to team scrubtown (mars? Shwa?)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Alright, Let's have one this Friday.

Any idea what time is good for you guys? I'd prefer to finish ealrish so i can go out sinc emy friend is in town

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Gkais(4) are coming on Friday Q for the tourny in Michigan. They probably want to play, but we'll probably need another setup if 7+people are there.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I have 3-4 tvs at my apartment, its just a room issue now.

BTW, i have a cat for those allergic, but ill see if my roomates gf will keep it at her place. Also, I might have to cut it early friday since I have friends coming from out of town and might go out with them

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
You might go out to my place? Right? Lol. Cause I'm not doing anythin this weekend I think and I am down for some partying.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Sorry guys, but I might have to make a last minute cancel : (

Turns out my friends might be coming earlier than expected and might be staying for just Friday night. We'll see how things go though. I'll update tomorrow hopefully

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I was planning on SOME kind of smashfest tonight. Arrrgh. Anyone?

Baro

Smash Journeyman
Think you could bring your equipment to film the inevitable OMFG FOR SRS match?

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Just saw this post... I'd be down for smashfests :D Friday works for me but I might not be available some days, depends on what's going on that week. But I am really interested in coming , and bringing my wii shouldn't be a problem.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Friday could be the main one where everyone can come. Anyone's welcome to PM/call me about playing sometime during the week. The Smashfest will probably have to start around 5-30ish. I have no idea how long it will last, maybe till 10 at the latests

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
CRUNCH is coming back to Columbus for Denison's Thanksgiving Break this friday, but we're going out that night so I don't think this Friday will work, but he's here for a week so I think we'll be down for some Smash at some point next week.

QUIVO

Smash Master
You can bring Melee if you want, but Brawl will have priority since we will have a few setups.

The cap would probably have to be like 10 or so people since there isnt that much room in my apartment.

Also, apparently there have been two out of six apartments in my building that just had bed bugs (that we know of). One below, and one above (both on opposite sides, but they aren't really that far apart). I haven't had any signs of them, but I'm just warning you guys in case. I've had them once a few years back and they were horrible. If I have any signs or anything I'll probably have to cancel it.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Lol bedbugs Q? That sucks. We should definitely organize SOME practice this week. (after that MI tourny, I have a real itch to play melee XD)

QUIVO

Smash Master
Yea.. i dont have them or anything, but if the apartment above and below us didnt get bombed well enough, it could spread

SoulPech

Smash Master
I am all for it...I can bring some equip and TVs if needed. I'm always available on weekends and anytime after 5 on weekdays. I also graduate in March (college btw), so i have all the free time in the world :p

QUIVO

Smash Master
Alright, if you guys want it to happen this Friday there needs to be interest so people speak up pretty plzzez

QUIVO

Smash Master
I don't think I'll be holding it.

AZ's out of town as well and I don't know about Tako, but I'd imagine everyone being busy

Top Bottom