• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbus Ohio Smashfest

FlyingFrenchman

Smash Apprentice
How late do smashfests usually go? The earliest I could possibly make it would be 9ish on Mondays and 8ish on Tuesdays.

Late class and other commitments =\.

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
Hmm . . . just saw this. I wouldn't mind dropping by, but it doesn't look like anyone else is going. I have my first exam Wednesday and have yet to study. If others come, I can swing by in a bit and take a break though.

TechnoDreamer

Smash Cadet
Hey, I go to OSU and would definitely be interested in dropping by the next one of these you have. I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I suck, but I have don't-have-anyone-to-play-with Johns.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I should be able to hold one tomorrow evening-ish. Please post if you're interested, if I get no interest, I won't hold one.

GoadMoose

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow evening sounds good for me, class ends at 5:18 so I could be over at around 6 or so at the earliest.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I could go for something this Friday afternoon.

Q what is your work schedule these days? We haven't been playing much and I just got 9th two tournaments in a row and I think its cause I don't get to practice vs your smartness consistently.

QUIVO

Smash Master
I can Friday afternoon forsure. I can hold it from Noon-5ish

My schedule is:
School Monday Tuesday morning/noonish, free at nights
Weds I have been working 530-1030ish
Thursday 5-9
Friday 6-10
Saturdays free
Sundays 4 or 5-1030ish

Also, I've been spending a lot of time with this new girl.. so nights/weekends are generally busy.

Sorry I've been sucking at this lol : P And also sorry for not being around the smash scene so much this year.. I'm just kind of bored with it now. Hopefully it'll change.

Smash Apprentice
On the other hand, my wife and I just bought a house. It's in Galloway (about 20-ish minuted from downtown). It wouldn't be for a while, but would there be interest in holding smashfests there? If they got big enough there'd be plenty of room for multiple setups.

It wouldn't happen for at least a month, even with interest, though.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Q I'll be over to your place around 3pm. Unless I decide to skip my 1:30 class in which case I'll be there at 1.

Mystic83

Smash Rookie
hey guys, i live on the south side of campus. i'm totally interested in going places / hosting it on my own sometime (when i get my furniture moved in that is)

does anyone play melee or just brawl? i'd like to play some melee but just playing at all is pretty important, too

QUIVO

Smash Master
My smashfests will most likely be Brawl.

I occasionally play with Ajj and Dlaw, who both like/try to play once a week.

TheKiest

Smash Champion
This snow storm might stop me from going. I am about 15-20 minutes away BY FREEWAY. I'll post again when I get up tomorrow.

QUIVO

Smash Master
Giving me a call or posting in this before heading over is a good idea. I forgot my roommate was having a friend stay the weekend here and they came a day earlier than I expected. I'm pretty sure my roommate doesn't have class tomorrow and they might go out during the day.

Crow!

Smash Lord
With the snow coming down, I'd probably better not go today since my only mode of transportation is by bus and by bike - biking right now sounds like a bad idea.

In any case, I'd like to get some contact info so I can actually go to these when they do work out. Can you PM me?

PsychoPenguinX

Smash Apprentice
So, these might be moved to Friday afternoons since it seems better for everyone
Sounds good to me. Frenchman and I can't be there until ~3:45 or so due to classes, but I might be able to bring a wii for an extra setup if someone else has something to hook it up to.

Top Bottom