• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
BECAUSE DBK IS NOT AROUND AT THE TIME OF RELEASE, THE DOWNLOAD WILL TEMPORARILY BE STORED HERE.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10790913&postcount=632

Pichu!

Now in two flavors!

Oh hey there.

Taking the place of his milked-dry rodent superior, Pichu returns with more of the cute, bigheadedness that we know we all missed somewhere deep inside!

You hurt me?! I hurt you!
And myself... But that is irrelevant.

Pichu is a light little fellow, and to make up for this, (s)he's an agile one ;O
With the ability to travel super fast across the stage using Quick Attack Cancel, and proceed to combo with his/her large arsenal of speedy and weak attacks, I recommend you keep your spacing!

Wanna see the rest of the Fallen Five return to the fray? Click on the names below!

Roy

Mewtwo

Young Link

Dr. Mario

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Move set and download link

2.5 Changelist

Pichu now has her exact physics from Melee!​

2.1 Changelist

-Slightly strengthened thunder, loops longer
-Fixed bair's hitboxes (sourspot too because ily<3), 0.8x speed instead of 0.7x, new animation by leafbarrett
-Accidentally added a combo; press up taunt during bair to automatically do a uair on frame 7 (3ish frames earlier than the allow interrupt). Said 'to hell with it' and now, if you hold A during bair, it loops. If you spam this I will eat your children.
-Allow full horizontal control during all points of dair again (oops!), made it enhance jump height a bit instead.
-Uair made a bit stronger
-Dtilt IASA moved back three frames (18->15), KBG lowered
-Fsmash's looped hitboxes are faster, have less hitlag, and only do 0.5% to Pichu instead of 1.
-SideB's self damage lowered to 2 from 3, if hitbox connects, does 2 more damage.
-UpB's self damage totals 1.5%. One more frame added between the jumps. Jumps don't go as far. All GFX removed.
-More hitlag on Aerial Tjolt
-Fair hitboxes made bigger
-Run is faster
(unless you're playing Pichu dittos, then it's okay)
-Slowed down fsmash endlag, pushed IASA further out
-Fthrow throws a bit higher.
-Dthrow throws more forwards and has more hitstun. It also is faster. Chaingrabs some characters for a bit
-Dsmash hitboxes are bigger

Moveset

Jab: A rapid fire series of headbutts. This move has quite a bit of disjoint on it. Decent for poking shields.

Ftilt: A quick kick. Good for getting your opponent away from you.

Dtilt: A quick sweep of the tail. This move sets up for pretty much anything.

Utilt: A vertical tail sweep. Combos into itself and Uair.

FSmash: Pichu lets out a strong electrical charge. It's multihit, and main killing move.

DSmash: Pichu spins around quickly. This move hits the opponent behind Pichu. A good GTFO move and sets up for edge-guarding. This move has discharge and gradually grows stronger as you take damage. Maxes out at 20 more BKB at 100%.

USmash: Pichu spins around vertically. Good for setups and kills at later percents. This move has discharge and gets gradually stronger as you take damage. Maxes out at 20 more BKB at 100%.

Nair: Pichu spins a few times. This is a pretty weak move, and is good for set ups and comboes.

Fair: Pichu quickly spins around and releases some electricity. Good for shield pressure and the occasional Fair > footstool > Dair combo.

Bair: Pichu spreads his arms and legs out. Can combo into a few things and is a kill move at higher percents.

Uair: Pichu does a quick vertical tail spin. Can combo into itself quite a few times.

Dair: Pichu does an electric head butt. This move spikes offstage and pops the opponent up on stage.

FThrow: Lightning fast lol. Sets up for USmash and chaingrabs if the opponent has bad DI.

BThrow: Pichu rolls along the ground and brings the opponent with him. Sets up for edge guards. This move has discharge and gets a bit stronger at higher percents.

DThrow: Pichu slams the opponent into the ground. Leads into a variety of moves.

UThrow: Pichu head butts the opponent upward. Sets up for Uair. Less knock back compared to Pikachu. This move has discharge and does a bit more damage at higher percents.

Thunderjolt: Same as before, now with moar pink.

Skull Bash: Pichu rockets forward, covered in electricity. It sends farther than Pikachu's so be careful.

Thunder: moar pink

Side Taunt: Unchanged

UTaunt: Pichu takes a quick nap; restores 4% of your health.

DTaunt:Unchanged

FEMALE ONLY FOR NOW

Female Pichu: http://www.mediafire.com/?msn3x69npakjyyo

Pichu vertex hack courtesy of kangaroogreen:

http://www.mediafire.com/?ct5c6da44916sat

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OTHER STUFF

Credits to:

storm92 for almost starting the project in its original state
Wander for doing the first two PSA Pichu builds.
D.B.K. for continuing the pacified (that's PAC-ified, not pacified, lols) project, doing countless things before I came around.

Me. /narcissistic
5ive for creating a huge changelist on the first page of the old thread that was used a kajillion times
BigSharkZ for making the textures and attempting to size mod back in the day <3
superyoshi888 for making the old thread
Slashy as Captain Obvious :mad:
...:::VILE:::... for making a bunch of stuff that we can't use yet. XD
Eldiran for helping a LOT with "Discharge", and his article notes.
Kirk for all of his help with articles.
Phantom Wings for PSA and self damage event ID.

Anti-credits to:
bleyva - you're the pathetic turd. :mad:

Oh, and I bring presents.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
More than half of it was brainstorming. We have more control this way, and have a fresh thread for when the model is imported.

Pikachu to Pichu changelist should be up tomorrow.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yeah. It was quite a bit of lag between releases and the updates to the OP/title, becoming a bit tiresome D:

Slashy

Smash Lord
Guys, should I try and morph the thunderjolt orbs to look like hearts, I think we are getting carried away at this point.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Yeah. It was quite a bit of lag between releases and the updates to the OP/title, becoming a bit tiresome D:
Aw, you make it sound like it was my fault(which I guess it was). Of course, with the differing times between when we all get on, it was a little unavoidable.

I'm actually suprised you guys didn't do this earlier. I was expecting the new thread back in October.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
Just a question- will his FS remain Volt Tackle? I was thinking something like Charge Beam or Discharge.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to de-clonify one of his Special moves, maybe down B could be turned into, like, Thunder Wave or something. I enjoy playing as Pichu on brawl, and you guys did an awesome job. Congrats.

Rudra

Smash Ace
Just a question- will his FS remain Volt Tackle? I was thinking something like Charge Beam or Discharge.

Also, I think it would be a good idea to de-clonify one of his Special moves, maybe down B could be turned into, like, Thunder Wave or something. I enjoy playing as Pichu on brawl, and you guys did an awesome job. Congrats.
There's a new FS being planned. It's basically Pichu summoning a thunderstorm to barrage your opponents with multiple bolts before sending them off with one powerful shock.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
There's a new FS being planned. It's basically Pichu summoning a thunderstorm to barrage your opponents with multiple bolts before sending them off with one powerful shock.
What he said.

If you guys wanted it, we could make it to where Pichu kills himself in the process.

Self damage hasn't been figured out yet, but I think there's a way to give Pichu aura now. I have to get in contact with Eldiran to talk about it.

Male Pichu fix and a picture of Bair will be up this afternoon.

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
What about if about Male and Female Pichu have slightly different movesets? Male Down-B could be Thunder, Female Down B could be _____.
That would add more of a choice rather than just cosmetics. Hell, I could even try this for you.

Rudra

Smash Ace
What about if about Male and Female Pichu have slightly different movesets? Male Down-B could be Thunder, Female Down B could be _____.
That would add more of a choice rather than just cosmetics. Hell, I could even try this for you.
Attract, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Flash, Nasty Plot, Endeavor, Pain Split (Notched)...these could be usable if tweaked to work, but why split the character if the "gender attribute's" just a differentiation of appearance (visuals aside)?
:005:

cuckoos

Smash Journeyman
As tempting as sweet kiss is, I'm pretty opposed to that.
Oh. But why?

Attract, Thunder Wave, Sweet Kiss, Flash, Nasty Plot, Endeavor, Pain Split (Notched)...these could be usable if tweaked to work, but why split the character if the "gender attribute's" just a differentiation of appearance (visuals aside)?
:005:
Well, we shouldn't just be limited to cosmetics. Male and Female should play differently, seeing as it would be better than just cosmetics. And, by this, we could give Pichu two completely different special moves, but have it basically be the same character.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Oh. But why?

Well, we shouldn't just be limited to cosmetics. Male and Female should play differently, seeing as it would be better than just cosmetics. And, by this, we could give Pichu two completely different special moves, but have it basically be the same character.
That's Geno's job though! I'd like to make little aesthetic differences instead of large ones that prevent using them together.

Zee-V70

Smash Rookie
Possible thought: female (Notched-Ear Pichu)'s Neutral Special could be Pain Split--it projects a "field" around her like PK Magnet, and anyone that gets in this field takes three damage per second, and Pichu loses three damage per second--provided someone's in the field. Otherwise, using it will just damage her.
and something needs to be Grass Knot, where it can work as a tether AND trip people for added lulz.

EDIT: Idea for the Final Smash name: Plasma Storm?
or Super Rising Thunder, if anyone gets the reference.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Possible thought: female (Notched-Ear Pichu)'s Neutral Special could be Pain Split--it projects a "field" around her like PK Magnet, and anyone that gets in this field takes three damage per second, and Pichu loses three damage per second--provided someone's in the field. Otherwise, using it will just damage her.
Self damage = not possible

and something needs to be Grass Knot, where it can work as a tether AND trip people for added lulz.
I don't think that's possible either..

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
We're just gonna do thunderstorm. It'll be epic because screen flashes and thunder and blue tint and stuff :V

Rudra

Smash Ace
Well, Volt tackle is Pikachu's FS, but I actually Thunder Wave, or Pain split, would be a good Down B for Notched Pichu.
Thunder Wave could replace Thunderjolt. It could be an electrical current that does no damage but has a paralyzer effect.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
What if we replace Side B with volt tackle, same thing but takes less charge time.

I was thinking about, what if we incorporate lightening charges (like light charges from my split persona marth), pichu can only do a lightning attack if he has 1 or more lightning charges. Volt tackle charge can be started by pressing side b, then every time you hold side and press b it goes 1 level higher (depending on how many charges you have). It it released by releasing forward.

And the attack that gives him charges can be his down b, but only when the lightning connects with him.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
What if we replace Side B with volt tackle, same thing but takes less charge time.

I was thinking about, what if we incorporate lightening charges (like light charges from my split persona marth), pichu can only do a lightning attack if he has 1 or more lightning charges. Volt tackle charge can be started by pressing side b, then every time you hold side and press b it goes 1 level higher (depending on how many charges you have). It it released by releasing forward.

And the attack that gives him charges can be his down b, but only when the lightning connects with him.
definitely, I'm lovin' this idea.

WHOA, hold up.

There's a mosquito... on my wall...

no sudden movements...

Smash Ace
http://www.mediafire.com/?ymqcnudy2zz

Ok if someone could test that. Its just a test for the charge thingo, right now you can get unlimited charges and whenever you press side b it takes 1 charge off. If you don't have enough charges you should just do nothing. You have to hit yourself with down b to get a charge.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Starting on "aura", found a complicated way to do it ;D

Which attacks should the "aura-less aura" be on?

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
TSONO, i thinking i know what your doing.

All the electricity attacks should have aura, the erst nothing.
It's If LA-Basic[2] => (insert % here) then
If La-Basic[2] => (insert bigger % here) then

etc.

And I thought electric attacks were to hurt yourself to make the non-electric attacks stronger?

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
We should call the "not really aura" "discharge" c:

Discharge should be applied to U-smash definitely, and maybe even have some aplied inversely to certain moves. I am just imagining the possibilities. Imagine if we could make bair increasingly weaker every 25% pichu has, but then at 100%, the move "breaks" and becomes a mad-good killer.

We need to implement this in the most unique ways possible.

Rudra

Smash Ace
We should call the "not really aura" "discharge" c:

Discharge should be applied to U-smash definitely, and maybe even have some aplied inversely to certain moves....
Inverse Discharge? This could be interesting!

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
This is such a headache to implement lol; it literally, in a maximized window, still needs a scroll bar XD
But I wouldn't mind doing it a few times for you all~

Unfortunately doing 2 attacks added 12KB, meaning we're quickly approaching filesize limits >_<

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Success! USmash discharge works perfectly!

I'll try to test out your pac Vile.

And with that, I sleep.

Smash Ace
Well too bad you wont get a laugh, time zelda and time sheik reached it ages ago, but they improved their efficiency and made it playable.

Top Bottom