• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
So, after a bunch of work, Aura Discharge is almost working, and thunder now spikes.

:V

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Can I be honest? This version is kinda disappointing... way too similar to Pikachu overall. Reading the recent posts, it sounds like there's some interesting changes coming, so I hope they bring a bit more variety in.
So I don't sound like a mindless whiner, I'll try to offer some ideas... well, all I've got is that you need to change up the moves... Maybe a couple of custom specials or something.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Can I be honest? This version is kinda disappointing... way too similar to Pikachu overall. Reading the recent posts, it sounds like there's some interesting changes coming, so I hope they bring a bit more variety in.
So I don't sound like a mindless whiner, I'll try to offer some ideas... well, all I've got is that you need to change up the moves... Maybe a couple of custom specials or something.
Well, I mean, Pichu is a Pikachu clone. That's just how it is. Custom specials ruins that fact.

He's a very gimmicky, smaller, lighter Pikachu.

We can change up throws a bit, and mess around with aerials, add a few gimmicks, sure. But, like Roy, we want to stay real to our character. If you want different specials then maybe later we'll start a Raichu project =P.

I, honestly, would have said this at about build 1.5, but at 1.999? I think we've changed a truckload of things in the past 2 builds when I joined the team.

To be upfront, if you want to play Pichu like Pikachu, then you can. But Pichu also has a totally different playstyle underneath his Pikachuish cloak.

What we're adding should distinguish more what we're attempting to accomplish:

"Discharge" on some attacks, that makes them stronger as Pichu gets hurt, and electric if Pichu is very hurt.

Spiking thunder that hopefully in the future can be made multihitting.

A new model.

Custom SFX.

Maybe a few different throws and aerials as animation editing becomes simpler.

After we get all of that out of the way, yes we do have a Pikachu clone, but there's enough gimmicks in there to feel separated.

IndigoFenix

Smash Journeyman
If I'm not mistaken, there's a subaction specifically for getting hit with electric attacks (DamageElec). Maybe boost Pichu's Discharge even more if he gets shocked? Kind of pointless since Pikachu's the main electric fighter, but still... Also, I think that the Discharge effect should be based on the number of hits he takes consecutively instead of damage%, making it more like a 'static' effect.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
If I'm not mistaken, there's a subaction specifically for getting hit with electric attacks (DamageElec). Maybe boost Pichu's Discharge even more if he gets shocked?
That would mean I'd have to recode everything >.<;

And plus, I think I'll have to make another PSA hack that can put that to use, like a Rhydon or something lulz.

Also, I think that the Discharge effect should be based on the number of hits he takes consecutively instead of damage%, making it more like a 'static' effect.
Hits consecutively huh. I know exactly how I'd do that, too. What's everyone else's opinion on this?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Almost forgot, male Pichu has regular lightning again. I updated the OP.

I think TSONO pretty much summed it up. While Pichu is a clone of Pikachu, he has a different playstyle, plus soon he'll have a whole new mechanic to differentiate him further (aura).

I do like Vile's idea for Side B though. How many people would be in favor of it?

Also, does anyone want Male Pichu a different color? It wouldn't be hard to do.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Discharge wurks!!!!11

I'm proud of ittt <3
I think the way it's coded is kinda cool! XD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvjjwx3j4dm

KINKY LOLS
but you can test it.

Usmash has all different elements (placeholder to make sure everything was working), Dsmash goes electric at... 80%? No different KB values yet.
Also thunder is an extremely overpowered spike :V

I'll fix all that before final release.

If you want some mindrape, open it in PSA XD.

(Thanks to Eldiran, he helped me in a series of like 9 PMs lmao.)

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
TSONO, what's the gimmick again and how does it work? didn't understand much, and I'm away from my Wii for about a Week

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
When you get hurt by your electricity and by others attacks and you live long enough to hit someone else with an attack, you get a power boost. If you're REALLY hurt, the element of some attacks become electric AND more powerful.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If you want some mindrape, open it in PSA XD.
Then mindrape it is!
*opens*
...Actually, I think I (sorta kinda a little bit) get it. Not as much mindrape as it is lengthy and easy to get lost in.
TheSilenceOfNoOne said:
If you want different specials then maybe later we'll start a Raichu project =P.
...You know what? I think I will. I wanted to start one earlier but my Wii stopped reading discs before I could. Now that I'm (partially) back in business, I may start working on it.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
...You know what? I think I will. I wanted to start one earlier but my Wii stopped reading discs before I could. Now that I'm (partially) back in business, I may start working on it.
=O

Maybe I'll help you later on when it begins forming ;)

Shouldn't the current texture hacks have some of the tail transparent?

Just being picky.
I actually agree with you there, but it's a lost cause since the model importer should arrive sometime in the near future

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
BUMPERZ

So, what about Pichu's voice? We ripping from Melee, or are we going to record two sets of lines? You know, one for male Pichu and a higher pitched one for female Pichu.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
I guess we could rip from Melee first. If we manage to find someone that sounds like a male Pichu (lol) then we could go from there.

I should be done with the aura stuff by tonight and have a pac up.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I guess we could rip from Melee first. If we manage to find someone that sounds like a male Pichu (lol) then we could go from there.

I should be done with the aura stuff by tonight and have a pac up.
Awesome.

Oh, and I see you changed your avatar! Cool! I should make mine Doc...

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Shameless self-promotion is the best promotion :laugh:.
Aha! True that, my friend, true that.

EDIT: Speaking of which...

if Doc gets any popularity (or at least people reading the OP) Pichu, Mewtwo, YL, and Roy will as well. Why? I included links to the official PSA Threads for the characters mentioned in the OP in the Doc thread. I figured this is a way to keep them all connected, and help each other out as well. Would you mind doing so too? I just got the idea seconds ago and figured it would be a good idea. But idk.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
An idea for Thunder. Since the self-damage isn't happening yet, how about if Pichu hits herself with it, it stuns her?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright guys, I have a beta .pac for discharge up in the second post. USmash and DSmash are done. UThrow and Bthrow will have aura in the next beta.

Any suggestions for which moves should have it?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
but then nobody would use it lol
Lies. Besides, what about that charge idea for the side-B? That way, you'd be forced to be more careful with your charges for it, since you'd leave yourself vulnerable every time you went to charge it with a down-B.

An idea I had is for Pichu to generate a small, weak hitbox if hit by electricity. After all, wouldn't getting hit by electricity cause Pichu to accidentally release some of its stored electricity?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Lies. Besides, what about that charge idea for the side-B? That way, you'd be forced to be more careful with your charges for it, since you'd leave yourself vulnerable every time you went to charge it with a down-B.

An idea I had is for Pichu to generate a small, weak hitbox if hit by electricity. After all, wouldn't getting hit by electricity cause Pichu to accidentally release some of its stored electricity?
We're going to add Vile's side B idea after we tweak it a little bit.

I like the electricity idea but have no idea how you would code that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I think sideB is risky enough with the momentum boost. It'd make a strange combo finisher/tech chaser if it had to be charged superslow.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
We're going to add Vile's side B idea after we tweak it a little bit.

I like the electricity idea but have no idea how you would code that.
Ah, nothing could be simpler, my friend! Just go to Pichu's DamageElec and add a hitbox. That's really it, lol.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright guys, a new beta pac is up. This one has the discharge mechanic of USmash, DSmash, UThrow, and Bthrow. Fixed sound effects as well.

leaf, we'll put your idea in the next build for sure.

JamesRaynor

Smash Apprentice
I don't think we should focus too much on making the melee pichu (Which sucked, and was mostly for giggles) and instead on a better pichu then the one in melee. I wouldn't mind seeing some of pichu's other pokemon moves instead of being little more then a pikachu ripoff.... since we already got one.

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
I don't think we should focus too much on making the melee pichu (Which sucked, and was mostly for giggles) and instead on a better pichu then the one in melee. I wouldn't mind seeing some of pichu's other pokemon moves instead of being little more then a pikachu ripoff.... since we already got one.
erm.. which is why we have *this thread?

<_<;;

Top Bottom