• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Pichu: v2.5 Released!!! - Perfect Physics update! Hiatus not over, though...

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
We're trying to use Pichu's weakness as an advantage. I, for one, liked the fact that he hurt himself, as it added an extra challenge in using him and forced me to get better.

EDIT: Maybe we should look at Dedede's Jet Hammer for self-damage? Since we now have the ability to do so, we might be able to find what we need there.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I've already looked in Ike's neutral B and G&W's sideB and found the variable, but there's something preventing it from working... I'm not sure what though. I'll look at Dedede's downB real quick and see what I can dig up ;D

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yay, I helped :D
Did you reduce the time between the jumps for the up-B? Because I can't for the life of me pull off both jumps.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Yes we did. It was a valid nerf and buff at the same time. Well, Wander did it. And when we tried to reduce the speedup, he was nowhere to be found, and frame speed modifier = freeze if the animation has built in movement :/

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yes we did. It was a valid nerf and buff at the same time. Well, Wander did it. And when we tried to reduce the speedup, he was nowhere to be found, and frame speed modifier = freeze if the animation has built in movement :/
Slow down the beginning at least, give the person (or at least me :() a bit to get ready for the jump.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Can't even do that :/

It's part of the animation where you move, so freezah.

You can get used to it if you actually try, it's pretty quick, but so is wavedashing, and I see no complaints about that! :3

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Can't even do that :/

It's part of the animation where you move, so freezah.

You can get used to it if you actually try, it's pretty quick, but so is wavedashing, and I see no complaints about that! :3
The SpecialHiStart & SpecialAirHiStart is what I meant.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
We (TSONO) are making a new USmash animaition.

Any other new animations that we should make?

Edit: Working on new tail.

What looks good/needs changing?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
We (TSONO) are making a new USmash animaition.

Any other new animations that we should make?

Edit: Working on new tail.
What looks good/needs changing?
The tail should be SMALLER than the original, not bigger. Pichu's tail is a single bend.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
It's less than half the size of the original lol.

I made it shorter and a little thicker.

The most I can do about bending it right now is bending the top part of the tail downward. It would still have those jagged bends going through it.

Does the tail stick too far out?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
It's less than half the size of the original lol.

I made it shorter and a little thicker.

The most I can do about bending it right now is bending the top part of the tail downward. It would still have those jagged bends going through it.

Does the tail stick too far out?
It is? It looks like it has an extra zigzag on it... maybe it's just me.
And yeah, a little bit too far.
Wait... how are you changing the tail size?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Nope, no extra zigzag. It could be because they're much closer together than Pikachu's.

I'll make the tail closer to the body then.

Right now, I'm editing the size of Z on Pichu's Wait 1 animation. I should be able to do it to all of the animation pretty easily.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Nope, no extra zigzag. It could be because they're much closer together than Pikachu's.

I'll make the tail closer to the body then.

Right now, I'm editing the size of Z on Pichu's Wait 1 animation. I should be able to do it to all of the animation pretty easily.
...don't tell me. BrawlBox, right?
Why the **** can everyone else get the preview just fine, yet I don't even have a preview WINDOW on mine?! (and yes I have 0.6)

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Yes, Brawlbox.

Obvious question, but are you right clicking on the model file and clicking preview?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Yes, Brawlbox.

Obvious question, but are you right clicking on the model file and clicking preview?
I have it figured out now. I have to open the texture file. -.-
EDIT: Ignore my forum noobness... There's a thing called a link in the first post of a topic, and I need to pay attention to it.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I figured the Up-B problem out! It's the timer before 12030100 in SpecialHiEnd! Set it higher and you can fix the problem!
Also, instead of changing the tail for every animation, just change it on the T-pose (no animation selected at all) and it will change it for all of them.

...Aha! I figured your discharge thing out! LA-Basic[151] is a certain damage %, and IC-Basic[2] is current damage! If current damage is greater than the damage value, then use these hitboxes. I figured it out because the B-throw (which does more damage at the 50-100 range than above 100, something I was going to fix) has the variable set at 64, which is 100 in hex. ...I am such a geek, aren't I?
Anyways, I'm gonna go ahead and fix them on the edit of yours that I'm gonna send to you, see if it still fits what you had in mind for Pichu. If you don't want me to, I'll just keep it as my personal build. (Sorry if I seem kinda arrogant or whatever here... I'm not trying to. I'm just trying to help if possible.)

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
You're not being arrogant. Send me the pac once you get done with it and I'll test it out.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
You're not being arrogant. Send me the pac once you get done with it and I'll test it out.
^_^ Thanks.
I'm finding the DamageElec hitbox hard to make useful though, since it always gets outprioritized by practically everything... though it can lead to a rather amusing trap for a Pichu vs Pichu match. XD

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Jet Hammer? Come again?

We're testing out a new Nair animation (the tail is being a *****).

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
That's what's causing the problem. I can't get the tail right on the T-Pose. No matter what I try it always comes out looking akward. It worked fine for the Wait 1 animation so I don't know what the problem is.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
That's what's causing the problem. I can't get the tail right on the T-Pose. No matter what I try it always comes out looking akward. It worked fine for the Wait 1 animation so I don't know what the problem is.
Ah. Tails seem to always be uncooperative, at least on the animation viewer. Maybe it's different in-game?

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
My bad, I'll give it a look. Me and TSONO went through 4 or 5 commands like the one's G&W and Ike have and nothing happened.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
Alright, we have a new Nair animation. Think the current Nair without a giant vacuum sucking in Pichu's legs and arms. If all goes well there should be a new release by Sunday. I want to get the tail fixed and a new USmash animation before we release another pac.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Alright, we have a new Nair animation. Think the current Nair without a giant vacuum sucking in Pichu's legs and arms. If all goes well there should be a new release by Sunday. I want to get the tail fixed and a new USmash animation before we release another pac.
I dunno about a new usmash, that's hard. :dizzy:

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
So, do both red AND yellow alloy work with everything, or is it just red? I really want to make a yellow alloy character.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
OK so we have 4 choices now.

1: Use Pichu's heavythrowHi animation, already edited and everything (not the hitboxes though :O), try it out here.
2: Use Mario's up smash, edited to not look crazy
3: Use Jigglypuff's up smash edited to not look phat
4: Use Yoshi's up smash edited to not look... dinosaury?

Iunno which I should do personally. Jigglypuff's head turn in a totally different direction for starters, but the main problem here is Pichu's head isn't very large so it can't be used well... I dunno, your opinions guys?

EDIT: The pac has the nair fix if anyone was interested in that.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
http://www.4shared.com/file/162150399/3b8a4d9c/_2__FitPikachu.html Here's my version.
-Damage is now ALWAYS increases when Pichu's at higher damage. (In other words, fixed the discharge.)
-Up-B now has a longer pause in between jumps (THANK GOD).
-If Pichu is footstooled (regardless of if she's in the air or on the ground), it generates an electric graphic & a fairly large electic hitbox around that hits 4 times for 2 damage each. It has no KBG and only enough BKB to flinch, but that's plenty enough to stop any footstool tactic. (Take THAT, Marth! I'd like to see you try a footstool-spike combo now!)
-If Pichu is hit by an electric attack, she counters with an electric hitbox identical to the footstool, but it only hits once. It prevents multihit electric attacks though. (This makes a Pichu vs Pichu match quite interesting, since the F-smash is rendered practically useless.)
-If Pichu hits herself with Thunder, she is rendered immobile for a second or so.
-Pichu's jump is now slightly higher.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
I hope you didn't revert upB to Pika's settings, tops maybe 1 frame increase from what we have. We're trying to make QAC really useful and nerf recovery a tad. I know right now it seems unbearable, so 1 or 2 frame increase would make sense but going Pikachu's or slower is too good.

And I don't get the discharge change... Do you mean you hardcoded EVERY PERCENTAGE to do higher damage? x_x

That footstool change is OP. It's too good. I dont think that hitbox should be there at all.

I don't like the prevention of multihit electric attacks either..

K

What? Double jump? Don't do that D:

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
What do you mean by "fixed" discharge? I thought it worked fine.

Maybe just keep the graphic effect on footstool but get rid of the hitbox.

Dunno how I feel about the electric hitbox idea. If there was a way to make the opponent receive damage but not flinch it would work out.

I'd say to keep double jump as is. Pichu should have a worse recovery than Pichu in exchange for all of the comboes she has.

Yeah, only put 1 or 2 extra frames on Up B.

Thanks for making a new pac, always good to have new ideas thrown around.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I hope you didn't revert upB to Pika's settings, tops maybe 1 frame increase from what we have. We're trying to make QAC really useful and nerf recovery a tad. I know right now it seems unbearable, so 1 or 2 frame increase would make sense but going Pikachu's or slower is too good.

And I don't get the discharge change... Do you mean you hardcoded EVERY PERCENTAGE to do higher damage? x_x

That footstool change is OP. It's too good. I dont think that hitbox should be there at all.

I don't like the prevention of multihit electric attacks either..

K

What? Double jump? Don't do that D:
-Make Quick Attack useful? How does making the 2nd jump practically impossible to use make it useful? That way you don't even get the benefit of the 2nd jump, which makes it LESS useful. And if it was just to nerf the recovery, then you did way too drastic of a change.

-I edited the hitboxes that it had. For example, originally, between 50-100% B-throw did MORE than the >100% B-throw, and the Usmash & Dsmash had absolutely no change in damage regardless of how high Pichu's damage was; all that changed was the effect.

-How is it OP'd? The only thing it protects against is having someone jump off your head.

-Technically, that was an unintended side effect. Originally, I just wanted Pichu to counter electric hits, not stop them in their tracks like it does. Besides, it was more for fitting Pichu's actual profile: Pichu is bad at controlling its stored electricity, so if it was zapped, wouldn't it inadvertently discharge some of it? Same with the footstool one; I'd imagine having someone jump off its head would jar it enough to cause it to accidentally discharge electricity.

-k

-I didn't make Pichu's jump go a million feet in the air or anything. It was a SLIGHT boost, not a huge one.

What do you mean by "fixed" discharge? I thought it worked fine.

Maybe just keep the graphic effect on footstool but get rid of the hitbox.

Dunno how I feel about the electric hitbox idea. If there was a way to make the opponent receive damage but not flinch it would work out.

I'd say to keep double jump as is. Pichu should have a worse recovery than Pichu in exchange for all of the comboes she has.

Yeah, only put 1 or 2 extra frames on Up B.

Thanks for making a new pac, always good to have new ideas thrown around.
-See above.

-I still don't see how it's OP'd, but if multiple people are telling me it's a bad idea, then I guess I probably should listen, huh?

-I can set the BKB to 0 and see if that works.

-All right, all right... I'll nerf the jump back to how it was.

-I'm not budging on this one. At minimum, it needs to be at what Pikachu's originally was; otherwise it's only marginally more useful than Yoshi's up-B (recovery-wise). Besides, doesn't Pichu already have enough to worry about for being KOd, what with being light enough for a single Turn Warlock Punch to insta-KO her at 0%? (I know that because a TWP can insta-KO Jigglypuff at 0% if you're close to the edge, and Pichu's even lighter than Jiggly is.)

EDIT: Here's the new pac.
-No more footstool hitboxes.
-The hitbox for the electric damage is now set to 0 BKB.
-I nerfed the jumps.
-...I budged on the up-B issue, but only a little. It's 1 frame shorter than Pikachu's (8 frames compared to Pikachu's 9). I refuse to go any lower than that.

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
-Make Quick Attack useful? How does making the 2nd jump practically impossible to use make it useful? That way you don't even get the benefit of the 2nd jump, which makes it LESS useful. And if it was just to nerf the recovery, then you did way too drastic of a change.
Quick attack CANCEL. The double jump and upB work together as one to make it super useful. Yes, this is also a nerf to the recovery, a valid one, a bit overdone maybe but Pichu is supposed to be a fast character. This is by no means witchcraft, I can perform it 2/3 times. It takes practice. I'd agree on maybe a 1 or 2 frame increase from what we have now. Nothing higher than that will I even consider adding.

-I edited the hitboxes that it had. For example, originally, between 50-100% B-throw did MORE than the >100% B-throw, and the Usmash & Dsmash had absolutely no change in damage regardless of how high Pichu's damage was; all that changed was the effect.
Ah, ok XD. Thanks : P

-How is it OP'd? The only thing it protects against is having someone jump off your head.
It's role reversal. Normally when you are footstooled offstage you're doomed, now it unexpectedly backfires on them and they end up dying. I don't like that. The onstage one is fine.

-Technically, that was an unintended side effect. Originally, I just wanted Pichu to counter electric hits, not stop them in their tracks like it does. Besides, it was more for fitting Pichu's actual profile: Pichu is bad at controlling its stored electricity, so if it was zapped, wouldn't it inadvertently discharge some of it? Same with the footstool one; I'd imagine having someone jump off its head would jar it enough to cause it to accidentally discharge electricity.
I guess, but you have to keep balance in mind regardless of representation, remember that.

-I didn't make Pichu's jump go a million feet in the air or anything. It was a SLIGHT boost, not a huge one.
Slight is relative. :V
Also see above where I was talking about QAC.

-I can set the BKB to 0 and see if that works.
Please do.

-All right, all right... I'll nerf the jump back to how it was.
;D

-I'm not budging on this one. At minimum, it needs to be at what Pikachu's originally was; otherwise it's only marginally more useful than Yoshi's up-B (recovery-wise). Besides, doesn't Pichu already have enough to worry about for being KOd, what with being light enough for a single Turn Warlock Punch to insta-KO her at 0%? (I know that because a TWP can insta-KO Jigglypuff at 0% if you're close to the edge, and Pichu's even lighter than Jiggly is.)
Pichu is a speed demon. All quick characters are fastfallers with <6-angled-upBs except one, Pichu. We don't follow suit to any rules here bub xD.

-...I budged on the up-B issue, but only a little. It's 1 frame shorter than Pikachu's (8 frames compared to Pikachu's 9). I refuse to go any lower than that.
Then I'll have to refuse to use your pac... ;_;

Top Bottom