• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 December to Remember, Ashburn, VA December 26th REJUVENATED!

g-regulate

Smash Hero
Date
December 26, Saturday(One Day Only)

Place
44710 Cape Court #118
Ashburn, VA 20147

This is a LAN center, it is located in a business strip mall thingy. There's plenty of parking all over the place, just don't park directly in front of the building, as those spots are reserved. Look for the big C3 sign. This tournament will be held in the new BACK ROOM of C3, which can hold 50 people comfortably. C3 owns a plethora of non-laggy televisions which we can use for the event. Please bring Wiis! Five $5 venue-fee discounts will be given to the first 5 Wiis brought.
703 728 7301 (My cell)

Price
10$ Venue Fee
10$ Singles
20$ Doubles (10$ a person)

Payouts
All money put into entering the tournament goes into the pot.
Singles will pay top 4, 55/30/10/5. Doubles will pay top 3, 60/30/10.

Schedule
10am - Doors open, Registration begins.
11am - Registration ends, Teams begins shortly after.
2-3pm - Teams ending with singles starting
Everyone leaves when tournament ends

Rules

Starter stages:
Final Destination
Smashville
Battlefield
Yoshi's DS
Lylat Cruise

Counter PICKS:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Delphino Plaza
Pokemon Stadium 1

ALL OTHER STAGES BANNED

3 Stock
8 Minute time limit.

This tournament will be enforcing a 50 edge-grab planking rule. If your character grabs the ledge 50 times in one match (as shown at the end match statistics), AND the match times out, you automatically forfeit that match. (Keep in mind, you will not come close 50 edge-grabs in a match unless you are actively trying to stall the match on the ledge.)

This tournament will also be banning King Dedede Standing Infinites. This includes the "small step" infinite. Characters affected by this are Samus/Bowser/Donkey Kong/Mario/Luigi. If any of these matchups occur and a one standing regrab is used, the player has the right to pause the match and call me over. I will issue a warning and watch the remainder of the match, and if another standing grab occurs, the player will forfeit that match.

1 Stage Ban before the set starts. 1st stage is RANDOM select. Loser of first match picks stage, then winner selects character, then loser selects character IN THAT ORDER. You may not select a stage you have already won on in the set (unless opponent agrees).
Best 2 out of 3 with finals being 3 out of 5.
If timer runs out, then match is decided by higher stocks, then lowest percentage. If percentage is tied, 1 stock rematch on same stage occurs. If match ends in a tie for any other reason, a 1 stock match is played out.

- Wiis loaded through homebrew are BANNED. Anyone wishing to use the "infinite replays" hack, must put that hack and ONLY that hack on their SD card and then clear it with me. "No Tripping" hack is BANNED.

-"Accidental pausing" during an IC chaingrab warrants a free grab for the IC player, if he elects to do so.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey wait

how are you gonna have a c3 late day sunday, thats like, asking for 0 attendance

at least make it mid day sunday

junebug

Smash Journeyman
hmm, i can't attend on sunday. looks like im probably going to mythic.

unless i have school off or something.

EDIT: okay, don't have school off on monday, cant attend.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
I'm going to this, prolly just for singles, but if I make it in time, I need a team mate.

Jett/mulligan where you at? XD

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I may be coming.

However....what has happened to C3?
The glory days: tournament all day Saturday, $5 venue fee which is waved with set up.
Now: tournament on Sunday after 5PM, $10 venue fee.

Eww.

Is there a tournament on the 19th?

g-regulate

Smash Hero
There is no tournament planned on saturday.

Is everyone really busy on Sunday or something? I don't see why that's such a bad time, do you all go to church sunday night or something? C3 already has plans on saturday.

The "glory days" you are talking about no longer exist AZ, because that was literally FOUR years ago, and the owner tries to run a legit business and has to schedule his appointments accordingly. Giving up an ENTIRE saturday for a 30 man tourney, 25 of which might pay a $5 venue fee, means he makes a total of $125 dollars for us to use his venue for the entire day. C3 doesn't "just" run smash tourneys, he has several other ventures that aren't always video game related that he can do. We all know the economy is bad and prices are going up everywhere. Also, I would think that a later start date would be BETTER, so that we all have time to do other things during the day(if you actually DO other things during the weekend). I personally like tournaments to run faster and get over with, rather than spending 11 straight hours playing video games... but that's just me. If $10 is now the gold standard for a 12 hour tournament session, then i missed the train.

Sorry to come off defensively, I just get weary of big C3 complaint rants, when literally all the other tournaments in our area have the SAME venue fee, and C3 has all the same amenities of a legitimate video game lounge.

BMX

Smash Lord
I might come. Someone teamsies?? OMNI? GREG? FORTE? KENNY? LIL B? CHU??

O yea. SF4 is my ****. :D

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
So let me get this straight

Smash is gonna get the crowded back room for a $10 venue fee on a sunday night when everyone has to go to work in the morning, while street fighter happens in the main room

No one wants to drive 1+ hours for a tournament when they have to work the next day. Then you're not getting home till 1am-2am, which when you have to get up at 6am is not cool.

Sunday is obviously a horrible idea, no one is going to pay $10 for a crowded sunday night room, end of story. We had deez's venue all day yesterday and access to their other consoles. Plus its in a mall with plenty of other things to do there.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Wait $10 is standard now in MD/VA?

****z...

And G-reg, I understand, he is running a business, he can do what he wants, people don't have to come if they don't like it.

SASSY

Smash Journeyman
I'm still down with attending. You know, as long as there is a decent attendance. Maybe if we got a list of confirmed entrants people would chill out about the sunday thing. You could add me to it!
Also, someone team with me. ;D

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I'm still down with attending. You know, as long as there is a decent attendance. Maybe if we got a list of confirmed entrants people would chill out about the sunday thing. You could add me to it!
Also, someone team with me. ;D
I would love to team with you.. but I am a "scrub".

Nilik

Smash Cadet
i may can go or i may can't.......i think Saturday would've been better though :/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Probably not going to go because I'd be getting there at 4 and leaving late. Plus need to do my take home final so I'll pass on this tourney.

Final Fantasy XIV

Banned via Warnings
Sassy, team with me. We did really well at mythic, just both made crucial errors that turned the tide of the set. (if i make it in time for teams, i'm thinkin i can get there by 5

Top Bottom